PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: The funny thing Fredo doesn't get is Kobe wont retire a Laker anyway

Thebesteva
06-26-2014, 01:16 PM
In essence, this $50 million contract, the 'investment' was not an attempt to keep Kobe for 2 more years but rather it was Fredo's way of claiming the rights to Kobe Bryant as a Laker for life.

What I can almost guarantee you, barring any serious injury which is a huge IF, is that Kobe Bryant will go to a contender after his 2 year stint with the Lakers. Rick Fox was talking on BSPN with Bill Simmons and said Kobe has told him hes going to retire in 2 years since 2010, he's got that Holyfield DNA.

So to sum it up, Kobe gets $50 million, hes going to take a MLE to go to a contender to steal #6, and Lakers still dont even get the rights to Kobe gear for the rest of their lives.

Ladies and gentleman, the best thing to ever happen to Laker haters

http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Godfather-Fredo-John-Cazale.jpg

spurraider21
06-26-2014, 01:19 PM
Kobe won't be worth the MLE in 2 years, at least when it comes to on-court production

Thebesteva
06-26-2014, 01:20 PM
Kobe won't be worth the MLE in 2 years, at least when it comes to on-court production

Regardless, hes going to go to any team that he has a chance with, I doubt he gets to 6 but he will try. For example, if it was today he would try to join OKC. I can almost guarantee you this is whats going to happen. I have no idea wtf is going on with the Lakers, do they seriously think Kobe gives 2 shits about the Lakers? He just wants to win #6 at any cost, especially now with Timmy cementing his legacy over Kobe.

Thread
06-26-2014, 01:21 PM

We won't have to wait 2 years. We'll know by this December.

& I won't grudge him if he chases. He'll live in my heart till the day I die.

spurraider21
06-26-2014, 01:23 PM
Regardless, hes going to go to any team that he has a chance with, I doubt he gets to 6 but he will try. For example, if it was today he would try to join OKC. I can almost guarantee you this is whats going to happen. I have no idea wtf is going on with the Lakers, do they seriously think Kobe gives 2 shits about the Lakers? He just wants to win #6 at any cost, especially now with Timmy cementing his legacy over Kobe.
If he wanted #6 at any cost he would not have signed on the dotted line

Thebesteva
06-26-2014, 01:24 PM

Chasing rings when you're old as fuck is not shameful. I had no problem with Payton going to the Lakers then Miami to ring. But its embarassing, lets say if you're in your prime and compared to Jordan and you're constantly ring chasing and trying to form a super team anywhere without shame. If such a player existed, it would be humiliating tbh

spurraider21
06-26-2014, 01:24 PM

Actually, we will have to wait 2 years, as that's when he is a free agent. Unless you still want to go around paying players for the past. In which case, how much you think they'll pay him when he's retired? You know, for the past and shit

baseline bum
06-26-2014, 01:25 PM

He's not even worth it now :lol

Thebesteva
If he wanted #6 at any cost he would not have signed on the dotted line

Nah man, Kobe is smarter than you think, his people are smart as fuck. They knew that Lakers had 0% chance at winning, they knew if he signs for a pay cut no one is really out there except Melo or Lebron and neither of which are seriously interested in LA, they know Kobe+Melo makes absolutely no sense. They decided to just get the next best thing, a ton of money.

I think Kobe knows after his 2 years is up, he can just quietly slide into a contender team and try to win #6.

Venti Quattro
He'll probably finish his career in Europe

Gummi Clutch
06-26-2014, 01:26 PM
He'll probably finish his career in Europe
might as well finish it in the D-league. Closer to home.

spurraider21
Chasing rings when you're old as fuck is not shameful. I had no problem with Payton going to the Lakers then Miami to ring. But its embarassing, lets say if you're in your prime and compared to Jordan and you're constantly ring chasing and trying to form a super team anywhere without shame. If such a player existed, it would be humiliating tbh
I'm not a Lebron fanboy by any stretch, but it's retarded to fault him for leaving Cleveland :lol... If Charlotte held Kobe, you can bet your Armenian-denying ass he'd have left after 7 years of ineptitude

Clipper Nation
I could totally see that faggot going begging across the hallway at Staples post-48.5.... hopefully the answer is "no"....

spurraider21
06-26-2014, 01:27 PM
He's not even worth it now :lol
:rollin didn't wanna go there

StrengthAndHonor
06-26-2014, 01:27 PM
He just wants to win #6 at any cost.
This myth was debunked, Nov 26 2013. Kobe's about the money. Anyone who actually believes his competitive juices are still flowing at this stage of his career are going to be seriously disappointed.

DMC
06-26-2014, 01:29 PM

A bit like that worm I suppose.

Thread
06-26-2014, 01:29 PM
Actually, we will have to wait 2 years, as that's when he is a free agent. Unless you still want to go around paying players for the past. In which case, how much you think they'll pay him when he's retired? You know, for the past and shit

No, we won't. We'll know by December if he'll be chasing in two years.

Thread
06-26-2014, 01:31 PM
A bit like that worm I suppose.

- "When you side a man you stay with him. If you can't do that you're finished. We're finished."

- "Pike Bishop" - "The Wild Bunch"

I sided himPERIOD

Thebesteva
06-26-2014, 01:31 PM
I'm not a Lebron fanboy by any stretch, but it's retarded to fault him for leaving Cleveland :lol... If Charlotte held Kobe, you can bet your Armenian-denying ass he'd have left after 7 years of ineptitude

Im not faulting the guy for leaving Cleveland, he did the right thing. WE, and just about everyone I know with half a brain is cracking up at how he is ready to bolt right now after Miami doing every fucking thing he could possibly ask for. You cant expect a super duper team year after year after year. Even that psycho path Kobe accepted the Lakers would suck in his prime from 2004-2008 before he finally snapped.

Lebron expects Carmelo+Bosh+Wade+Allen to win a ring :lmao

Anyhow, this is not a Lebron thread. Lebron's legacy is in the gutter right now, just about every forum is laughing at this clown.

DMC
06-26-2014, 01:33 PM
I get your point and agree with it, however Lebron was far from ineptitude in Cleveland. He just wasn't getting a ring there. He forever changed his image by chasing, but maybe he doesn't care. In Cleveland a lot of us pulled for him until we faced him, but in Miami he's moved to the dark side. Colluding during Olympic games to stack isn't an honorable trait, imo. Sure many do it, but Lebron was a super hero in Cleveland. A ring for him would have been magnificent. In Miami he's been in the finals 4 running and won twice, and still he's consider to be an underachiever. Careful what you wish for I suppose.

Thebesteva
06-26-2014, 01:38 PM
I get your point and agree with it, however Lebron was far from ineptitude in Cleveland. He just wasn't getting a ring there. He forever changed his image by chasing, but maybe he doesn't care. In Cleveland a lot of us pulled for him until we faced him, but in Miami he's moved to the dark side. Colluding during Olympic games to stack isn't an honorable trait, imo. Sure many do it, but Lebron was a super hero in Cleveland. A ring for him would have been magnificent. In Miami he's been in the finals 4 running and won twice, and still he's consider to be an underachiever. Careful what you wish for I suppose.

Exactly. Also, its like I said before, he wouldnt get shit if he teamed up with lets say a Marc Gasol or Howard + Bosh type deal. But its never happened in the history of the NBA that a player had to beg a rival to join him to win rings. I laugh at Lebron fans who say 'but but Wade was never a rival'

Now that hes begging for Melo to come, we have confirmed once and for all this guy is a world class clown. I remember during the 90's, for a short period of time it was MJ V Drexler. It was actually tied as far as who was better, and MJ wanted to crush this guy into the ground. It was never about, 'hey lets see if we can team up with Drexler to ring.' I dont want to see this game go that direction with guys trying to get the easiest way out as possible.

Thread
06-26-2014, 01:39 PM
I get your point and agree with it, however Lebron was far from ineptitude in >>>>>>Cleveland<<<<<<. He just wasn't getting a ring there. He forever changed his image by chasing, but maybe he doesn't care. In >>>>>>Cleveland<<<<<< a lot of us pulled for him until we faced him, but in Miami he's moved to the dark side. Colluding during Olympic games to stack isn't an honorable trait, imo. Sure many do it, but Lebron was a super hero in >>>>>>Cleveland<<<<<<. A ring for him would have been magnificent. In Miami he's been in the finals 4 running and won twice, and still he's consider to be an underachiever. Careful what you wish for I suppose.

If he hadn't quit in order to make sure he wouldn't be forced to see it thru (Barkley did the same in '93) we'd know. Now, we...."you" use "Cleveland" to bail him out.

Gummi Clutch
06-26-2014, 01:41 PM
Exactly. Also, its like I said before, he wouldnt get shit if he teamed up with lets say a Marc Gasol or Howard + Bosh type deal. But its never happened in the history of the NBA that a player had to beg a rival to join him to win rings. I laugh at Lebron fans who say 'but but Wade was never a rival'

Now that hes begging for Melo to come, we have confirmed once and for all this guy is a world class clown. I remember during the 90's, for a short period of time it was MJ V Drexler. It was actually tied as far as who was better, and MJ wanted to crush this guy into the ground. It was never about, 'hey lets see if we can team up with Drexler to ring.' I dont want to see this game go that direction with guys trying to get the easiest way out as possible.
Rivalries, as opposed to..."Friendship power!"

jag
06-26-2014, 03:08 PM
This myth was debunked, Nov 26 2013. Kobe's about the money. Anyone who actually believes his competitive juices are still flowing at this stage of his career are going to be seriously disappointed.

That's quite an indictment. I'd like to hear Culburn's rebuttal.

Thread
06-26-2014, 03:12 PM
That's quite an indictment. I'd like to hear Culburn's rebuttal.

Up & down--tryin' to get that fuckin' thing off--17 June 2010 is it, j.

Killakobe81
06-26-2014, 03:28 PM

who knows? Based on last year ...NO. Based on year before Maybe.

Killakobe81
06-26-2014, 03:29 PM

He would of won in Cleveland eventaully the biggest thing he was lacking besides a high level #2 ...was an elite coach.
SPo Imho is good not great yet he he still rang in Miami because he is that good and Wade had not broken down yet ...

kobe4life
06-26-2014, 03:32 PM
God is a Laker for life you dumb retard he will never leave the Lakers. The OP is an infidel and should trade in his laker fan card because no true Lakerfan would ever believe God would leave the Lakers.

Thread
06-26-2014, 03:34 PM
He would of won in Cleveland eventaully the biggest thing he was lacking besides a high level #2 ...was an elite coach.
SPo Imho is good not great yet he he still rang in Miami because he is that good and Wade had not broken down yet ...

...& because Riley was the planner.

spurraider21
06-26-2014, 03:38 PM
who knows? Based on last year ...NO. Based on year before Maybe.
He didn't demonstrate that he can be himself post Achilles, and now we're adding a knee fracture + two more years of father time and potential injury. At this age injuries tend to pile on. It's why the spurs are lucky Duncan has avoided anything major since his younger days. He's oddly been healthier as he ages

spurraider21
06-26-2014, 03:39 PM
Oh that's it? You mean the 2 most critical components of a team besides the star player himself? That's it? Shit, they were right there