PDA

View Full Version : US Media

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-26-2014, 02:48 PM
Please stop calling Group G the 'Group of Death' just coz you think the US have the hardest group.

Group B >>> Group G

My socceroos obviously are ranked very low, but a group compiled of the Netherlands, Chile and Spain is tougher than what the US faced

Germany - top shelf
Netherlands - always dangerous and clinical
Chile - 3rd best team in South America I'd say
Spain - aging yes but still better than US
USA - improving
Portugal - Ronaldo not 100%
Ghana - too much drama in the team
Australia - young and inexperienced with a new manager.

That's how id rank those 8 teams, with Group B having 3 of top4

hater
06-26-2014, 02:50 PM
um US was in the group of death.

Infinite_limit
06-26-2014, 02:53 PM
Group of Death was D because Suarez yadda yadda eating people yadda

it's me
06-26-2014, 02:58 PM
England-Uruguay-Italy-Costa Rica was the group of death.... and Costa Rica winning the group with three former world champions in it was epic.

hater
06-26-2014, 03:07 PM
to all the rookies out there. Group of death is labeled such prior the games start. USA/Ghana/Ger/Port were all strong last world cup thus why it was clear group of death.

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-26-2014, 03:18 PM
You do realise Spain won the 2010 World Cup and the Netherlands were runners up?
Chile also made the round of 16. Aussies only weak team again.

it's me
06-26-2014, 03:22 PM
to all the rookies out there. Group of death is labeled such prior the games start. USA/Ghana/Ger/Port were all strong last world cup thus why it was clear group of death.

:lmao

NASpurs
06-26-2014, 03:33 PM
England-Uruguay-Italy-Costa Rica was the group of death.... and Costa Rica winning the group with three former world champions in it was epic.

Troof bombs

hater
06-26-2014, 03:38 PM
:lmao

USA advanced to playoffs IMO that's being strong.

also Portugal always a top team with CR

it's me
06-26-2014, 03:43 PM
USA advanced to playoffs IMO that's being strong.

also Portugal always a top team with CR

Stop it please...... only thing they did was get out of their group to be sent home in their firs elimination game......Portugal has been shit since precisely after Cristina took over the "best player of the team" spot..... Figo Deco, etc. teams were 200% better than Cristinas teams TBH.

Aztecfan03
06-26-2014, 04:29 PM
Portugal was supposedly ranked 4th in the world.

hater
06-26-2014, 04:53 PM
Portugal was supposedly ranked 4th in the world.

Finally a nonrookie with common sense

hater
06-26-2014, 04:54 PM
Stop it please...... only thing they did was get out of their group to be sent home in their firs elimination game......Portugal has been shit since precisely after Cristina took over the "best player of the team" spot..... Figo Deco, etc. teams were 200% better than Cristinas teams TBH.

Lol dummy Ghana made it to quarters and lost due to Suarez cheating

it's me
06-26-2014, 04:56 PM
Lol dummy Ghana made it to quarters and lost due to Suarez cheating

Lol dummy read what the fuck I said............... Port and USA strong last WC :lmao

NASpurs
06-26-2014, 04:57 PM
Finally a nonrookie with common sense

All arguments are null when the joke that is FIFA rankings are used to support your position.

it's me
06-26-2014, 04:59 PM
All arguments are null when the joke that is FIFA rankings are used to support your position.

Agree .........Blatter gave Cristina the Golden Ball............. what a fucking joke :lmao

hater
06-26-2014, 05:07 PM

FIFA uses a pretty standard formula to rank teams tbh. it's not like they pick and choose imo

{Ranking points} = 100* ({Result points} * {Match status} * {Opposition strength} * {Regional strength})

it's probably far from perfect formula but most likely better than anything you can come up with :lol

hater
06-26-2014, 05:09 PM
Lol dummy read what the fuck I said............... Port and USA strong last WC :lmao

teams that make it out of the group stages are considered strong. you might be better off going back to the NBA forum :lmao

it's me
06-26-2014, 05:12 PM
teams that make it out of the group stages are considered strong. you might be better off going back to the NBA forum :lmao

Wrong..... you're arguing that was the group of death because of those "strong teams" :lmao Costa Rica was clearly in the group of death with three football powerhouses, ex champs..... stop trolling please, you know better than this.

sonic21
06-26-2014, 05:12 PM
tbh portugal had a strong generation beetween 2000 and 2006. Now they have an awful team.

sonic21
06-26-2014, 05:14 PM

beating only north korea (portugal) and algeria (usa) doesn't make you a strong team.

DAF86
06-26-2014, 05:14 PM
tbh portugal had a strong generation beetween 2000 and 2006. Now they have an awful team.

Didn't they make semis in the almighty "harder than WC" Eurocup two years ago?

sonic21
06-26-2014, 05:16 PM
Didn't they make semis in the almighty "harder than WC" Eurocup two years ago?

you keep saying that. Who said that?

tlongII
06-26-2014, 05:17 PM
Spain sucks. USA would crush them.

DAF86
06-26-2014, 05:19 PM
Before the WC is thought the group of death was Spain's group because I thought:

Spain > Italy
Holland > England
Chile > Uruguay

But seeing how Costa Rica was the dark horse and how shitty Spain was I think the group of death ended up being group D.

US group is the group of death only for apolivhbdgvcgvcj_9 and the rest of the Tristiano's girlfans 'cause everybody else knew Germany was going to coast all over it.

sonic21
06-26-2014, 05:20 PM
and i don't know how they manage to be in the Eurocup SF they were bad.

DAF86
06-26-2014, 05:20 PM
you keep saying that. Who said that?

Some Euro supremacists in here.

DAF86
06-26-2014, 05:21 PM
and i don't know how they manage to be in the Eurocup SF they were bad.

Not only that, they lost on penalties against the eventual champ if I recall correctly.

hater
06-26-2014, 05:27 PM
beating only north korea (portugal) and algeria (usa) doesn't make you a strong team.

being in the top 16 out of 150 members = being strong

but don't let common sense get in the way

Aztecfan03
06-26-2014, 06:27 PM
Before the WC is thought the group of death was Spain's group because I thought:

Spain > Italy
Holland > England
Chile > Uruguay

But seeing how Costa Rica was the dark horse and how shitty Spain was I think the group of death ended up being group D.

US group is the group of death only for apolivhbdgvcgvcj_9 and the rest of the Tristiano's girlfans 'cause everybody else knew Germany was going to coast all over it.

What about how shitty England and Italy were?

Infinite_limit
06-26-2014, 06:28 PM
What happens after Greece eliminates Costa Rica?

Aztecfan03
06-26-2014, 06:31 PM
Funny how they laugh at Portugal but then laud Spain, Italy, England...

NASpurs
06-26-2014, 06:31 PM

Nothing because it's not going to happen. They're not going to get out of a group with England, Italy and Uruguay to lose to fucking Greece.

hater
06-26-2014, 06:38 PM
Funny how they laugh at Portugal but then laud Spain, Italy, England...

:lmao but but they have championships :lol

hater
06-26-2014, 06:38 PM
Nothing because it's not going to happen. They're not going to get out of a group with England, Italy and Uruguay to lose to fucking Greece.

the locality only goes so far.

Costa Rica, Chile and yes even Colombia will be booted off eventually. Shit I'd not be surprised if Urugay takes us to penalties and we choke :cry

NASpurs
06-26-2014, 06:42 PM
the locality only goes so far.

Costa Rica, Chile and yes even Colombia will be booted off eventually. Shit I'd not be surprised if Urugay takes us to penalties and we choke :cry

Well yeah eventually but not to the goat fuckers.

DAF86
06-26-2014, 07:02 PM

The shittiest and luckiest team to ever make a WC quarterfinal will happen.

DAF86
06-26-2014, 07:03 PM

Don't sing victory just yet. Knock out stage is a whole different animal.

Infinite_limit
06-26-2014, 07:04 PM
The shittiest and luckiest team to ever make a WC quarterfinal will happen.
Paraguay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraguay_national_football_team) - 2010

DAF86
06-26-2014, 07:07 PM
Paraguay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraguay_national_football_team) - 2010

Nah, they were boring and defensive minded but they were tough. They almost knocked out the eventual champs.

NASpurs
06-26-2014, 07:07 PM
Don't sing victory just yet. Knock out stage is a whole different animal.

True and teams can surprise but looking at things as a whole and what they accomplished, I just refuse to believe it. But this is me as a fan talking and I hope the players don't take the Greeks lightly and give it 100%.

Infinite_limit
06-26-2014, 07:08 PM
Nah, they were boring and defensive minded but they were tough. They almost knocked out the eventual champs.
You just described the Greeks to a T

DAF86
06-26-2014, 07:10 PM
You just described the Greeks to a T

Greeks aren't tough, they're shitty as fuck. They get on every WC to never win a game. They qualified thanks to a shady last second penalty.

hater
06-26-2014, 07:23 PM
and Mexico had to play New Zealand to qualify

Eurobeanos deserved to go through and have a decent team. they took care of biz imo

and the Paraguay vs Greece comparison is not too far off

ManuLoco
06-26-2014, 08:44 PM
Does anyone think Germany ever doubted they were going to get out of that group? That was not the group of death. It was definitely group B where Netherlands, Spain and Chile were all fighting for two spots and none of them were sure who was going home first. Group D had all shitty has-been teams.

Aztecfan03
06-26-2014, 08:56 PM
Does anyone think Germany ever doubted they were going to get out of that group? That was not the group of death. It was definitely group B where Netherlands, Spain and Chile were all fighting for two spots and none of them were sure who was going home first. Group D had all shitty has-been teams.

Spain was fighting?

ManuLoco
06-26-2014, 08:59 PM
Spain was fighting?

Spain would have gotten out of every group except theirs. It was the only group that had 3 good teams, and they just got beaten by the other two.

Group A > Brazil, Spain
Group C > Spain, Colombia
Group D > Spain, Costa Rica
Group E > Spain, France
Group F > Spain, Argentina
Group G > Germany, Spain
Group H > Spain, Belgium

hater
06-26-2014, 09:44 PM
Spain was fighting?

Spain never fought. Chile is overrated, got beat up by HOlland

only daddy in that group was the Hollandaise

hater
06-26-2014, 09:45 PM
Spain would have gotten out of every group except theirs.

:lmao not a chance

they would have only gotten past the 2 weakes group. Argentina's and Belgium's

Aztecfan03
06-26-2014, 10:07 PM
Spain never fought. Chile is overrated, got beat up by HOlland

only daddy in that group was the Hollandaise

Yea that was my point.

ManuLoco
06-26-2014, 11:05 PM
:lmao not a chance

they would have only gotten past the 2 weakes group. Argentina's and Belgium's

Well, we will never know but I still stand by my opinion. All I know is that Spain beat France in 2013 in a must win match. France even had Ribery back then. Have all the sudden France become unbeatable while Spain is full of scrubs?
When Chile beats Brazil everyone will see they are not so overrated, mark my words.

hater
06-26-2014, 11:39 PM
Well, we will never know but I still stand by my opinion. All I know is that Spain beat France in 2013 in a must win match. France even had Ribery back then. Have all the sudden France become unbeatable while Spain is full of scrubs?
When Chile beats Brazil everyone will see they are not so overrated, mark my words.

let me give you and example. The Indiana Pacers. They had the talent, the pedigree but just shit the bed. Same thing with Spain. It was just not their tournament, plus they are old.

:lol there is .0000001 chance of Chile beating Brazil. Maybe just maybe they can tie in regulation and make it to penalty shootout. but they are not beating them in regulation.

ManuLoco
06-27-2014, 08:05 AM
let me give you and example. The Indiana Pacers. They had the talent, the pedigree but just shit the bed. Same thing with Spain. It was just not their tournament, plus they are old.

:lol there is .0000001 chance of Chile beating Brazil. Maybe just maybe they can tie in regulation and make it to penalty shootout. but they are not beating them in regulation.

Let me give you two examples: LA Clippers and OKC. If they played in the eastern conference they would've reached the finals. They just got a tough road.
And why do you think Brazil will win? Have you seen them play? Have you seen Chile play? You could say they will win because they have HCA, but the Brazilians who attend WC games just suck. They are the miami heat fans of the WC.

Kyle Orton
06-27-2014, 10:14 AM
:cry why doesn't anyone care about my Aussies :cry

TDMVPDPOY
06-27-2014, 11:08 AM
:cry why doesn't anyone care about my Aussies :cry

hey wanker, not selecting clowns who help qualify then go select babyfaces is a load of bullshit

why do you think they paid 16m trying to bribe hosts a worldcup event? cause they have no faith in the new generation of players coming up...lol hosting wc = automatic entry

skillset just as good as previous generation but still missing something...

Kyle Orton
06-27-2014, 11:38 AM
hey wanker, not selecting clowns who help qualify then go select babyfaces is a load of bullshit

why do you think they paid 16m trying to bribe hosts a worldcup event? cause they have no faith in the new generation of players coming up...lol hosting wc = automatic entry

skillset just as good as previous generation but still missing something...
Not in the round of 16-didn't read