PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Does wade have options tbh?

spursfan1000
06-26-2014, 06:24 PM
I was just thinking about the Heat big 3 and thinking where the best place for each one to be. But then I got to thinking about Wade, does anyone actually want him? Or is Heat his only choice and his real choice only consists of whether to opt into contract or opt out for longer years? Interested in yalls thoughts

baseline bum
06-26-2014, 06:26 PM
Wade's not opting out. No way in hell.

Kool Bob Love
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=16189&dateline=1290466756&type=thumb

spursfan1000
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=16189&dateline=1290466756&type=thumb
I see what you did there

Infinite_limit
06-26-2014, 06:27 PM
The Sonics

Oh, they don't have a team?

Then no. No one wants him.

Thread
06-26-2014, 06:27 PM
& poor ESPN wants to run him off in a character assassination campaign, but, they're totally hamstrung and just have to sit there in CT. and take it. HA!

My Fault
06-26-2014, 08:09 PM
Andrew Bynum got a contact.

spurraider21
06-26-2014, 08:10 PM
Wade gets 40+ million over 2 years if he opts in. he won't make another 40 mil for his career if he opts out tbh

Reck
06-26-2014, 08:12 PM
Wade gets 40+ million over 2 years if he opts in. he won't make another 40 mil for his career if he opts out tbh

Pretty easy choice.

RsxPiimp
06-26-2014, 08:19 PM
he doesnt have a lot of value in the open market. it would speak volumes of his character if he opts out for what could be essentially less money annually. wade is not even a brand, so you really can't market him unlike kobe who makes money for the lakers.

DMC
06-26-2014, 08:24 PM
Wade has options: He can go with the parquet flooring or travertine, or both depending on which home you're talking about.

dbreiden83080
06-26-2014, 10:03 PM
He is kind of in the same position that Derek Jeter was in a couple of years ago when his contract was up. Jeter wanted more money than the Yankees were willing to give him and he ultimately had to accept a lesser salary because he was not going to get it anywhere else. Now Jeter bounced back and had a very productive couple of seasons before he broke his foot but I'm not sure that Wade has that in him with the state of his knees. So Wade probably just opts in since if he doesn't he will never get a 20+ million dollar salary from anyone else

Thread
06-26-2014, 10:07 PM
He is kind of in the same position that Derek Jeter was in a couple of years ago when his contract was up. Jeter wanted more money than the Yankees were willing to give him and he ultimately had to accept a lesser salary because he was not going to get it anywhere else. Now Jeter bounced back and had a very productive couple of seasons before he broke his foot but I'm not sure that Wade has that in him with the state of his knees. So Wade probably just opts in since if he doesn't he will never get a 20+ million dollar salary from anyone else

Depends on how "mad" he is. Does the singularly Title he holds stifle his resentment? "Are you haunted? You want to get unhaunted?" tee, hee.

DMC
06-26-2014, 10:13 PM
Depends on how "mad" he is. Does the singularly Title he holds stifle his resentment? "Are you haunted? You want to get unhaunted?" tee, hee.

He's got 3 titles. Stop qualifying rings.

Thread
06-26-2014, 10:17 PM
He's got 3 titles. Stop qualifying rings.

He holds the one separate from James. Is it enough & is it enough to kowtow some more, to crawl, to watch while your accountant cuts that check every April to the IRS, when you have the $ right this fuckin' minute to pay the tax on the past two years & the two comin'? Oh, did I get your attention,,,Now, we're competin'. tee, hee.

DMC
06-26-2014, 10:21 PM
He holds the one separate from James. Is it enough & is it enough to kowtow some more, to crawl, to watch while your accountant cuts that check every April to the IRS, when you have the $ right this fuckin' minute to pay the tax on the past two years & the two comin'? Oh, did I get your attention,,,Now, we're competin'. tee, hee.

Here you go qualifying rings. You either win your last game in the playoffs or you're shinin' shoes. Don't get all squirrely on me now.

Thread
06-26-2014, 10:25 PM
Here you go qualifying rings. You either win your last game in the playoffs or you're shinin' shoes. Don't get all squirrely on me now.

Precisely. Wade did it 3 times. James 2

Wade: 3

James: 2

You're sittin' there telling me Wade doesn't doodle that in his suite then tears it in little pieces and flushes the bits before going to chow with his overseer?

C'mon, D.

DMC
06-26-2014, 10:27 PM
Precisely. Wade did it 3 times. James 2

Wade: 3

James: 2

You're sittin' there telling me Wade doesn't doodle that in his suite then tears it in little pieces and flushes the bits before going to chow with his overseer?

C'mon, D.

Not really. Without James, Wade is 1 and forever.

Thread
06-26-2014, 10:31 PM
Not really. Without James, Wade is 1 and forever.

But, it's that 1 that haunts them both.

DMC
06-26-2014, 10:32 PM
But, it's that 1 that haunts them both.

No it doesn't. You've spent too much time worshiping Kobe and his "one more than Shaq" routine. Do you think Duncan cares that he has one more than Tony or Manu? No.

HemisfairArena
06-26-2014, 10:35 PM
Chicago, his home town, might take a look at him.

ElNono
06-26-2014, 10:36 PM
The only way I see this working out is if Pat offers him a $60m deal for 4 years after he opts out... still overpaying, but that would give Miami another $5m to work with, while Wade is set for the rest of his career...

Thread
06-26-2014, 10:37 PM
No it doesn't. You've spent too much time worshiping Kobe and his "one more than Shaq" routine. Do you think Duncan cares that he has one more than Tony or Manu? No.

Only after Daddy thought it was safe. That Kobe had to hunt him down did get my blood to boilin', but, it all came out in the wash.

We'll see on Wade & James. If he surrender the money Wade is a pussy. If he hordes it he'll be swingin' next to Sterling. tee, hee.

Thread
06-26-2014, 10:41 PM
The only way I see this working out is if Pat offers him a $60m deal for 4 years after he opts out... still overpaying, but that would give Miami another $5m to work with, while Wade is set for the rest of his career...

That extra ring may be enough to get him to roll over. As long as they're together Wade knows James can't pass him unless The Hangman invents an extra ring like he invented an extra draft choice to accommodate that kid.

DMC
06-26-2014, 10:46 PM
Only after Daddy thought it was safe. That Kobe had to hunt him down did get my blood to boilin', but, it all came out in the wash.

We'll see on Wade & James. If he surrender the money Wade is a pussy. If he hordes it he'll be swingin' next to Sterling. tee, hee.

He'll be fine either way. Lebron will carry the cross, you'll see.

DMC
06-26-2014, 10:46 PM
That extra ring may be enough to get him to roll over. As long as they're together Wade knows James can't pass him unless The Hangman invents an extra ring like he invented an extra draft choice to accommodate that kid.

Wade isn't far enough along to worry about anyone passing him.

Thread
06-26-2014, 10:47 PM
He'll be fine either way. Lebron will carry the cross, you'll see.

Yeah, if he finds OKC there, or, you hand him over another one. You willing to do that? I think not.

Thread
06-26-2014, 10:50 PM
Wade isn't far enough along to worry about anyone passing him.

Maybe, but, when he's alone he gets the calculator out just to make sure. They made those commercials with the puppets on Kobe & James. Bet they wouldn't have the gumption, or, ESPN's permission, or the gall to make one based on that extra one that Wade possesses. Oh, my.

DMC
06-26-2014, 10:59 PM
Yeah, if he finds OKC there, or, you hand him over another one. You willing to do that? I think not.

Whatever happens, Lebron will be the person under the microscope. Neither fans nor media will blame Wade, just as they didn't blame him for the Decision in the first place.

DMC
06-26-2014, 11:00 PM
Maybe, but, when he's alone he gets the calculator out just to make sure. They made those commercials with the puppets on Kobe & James. Bet they wouldn't have the gumption, or, ESPN's permission, or the gall to make one based on that extra one that Wade possesses. Oh, my.

You're taking 5 pretty hard.

Thread
06-26-2014, 11:03 PM
Whatever happens, Lebron will be the person under the microscope. Neither fans nor media will blame Wade, just as they didn't blame him for the Decision in the first place.

No, last June they blamed Bosh. This June they blamed Chalmers.

Wade is juiced in--though if he takes that money....

And they'll never blame James.

Thread
06-26-2014, 11:04 PM
You're taking 5 pretty hard.

No, but, I'll never convince you of that so I won't try---at least not this evening. I'm tuckered and my DVR is full of the Sweat Hogs & Hogan's Hero's & beckoning me.

Good nite, D. I'm glad we've made our peace. It is fine talk with you.

DMC
06-26-2014, 11:05 PM
No, but, I'll never convince you of that so I won't try---at least not this evening. I'm tuckered and my DVR is full of the Sweat Hogs & Hogan's Hero's & beckoning me.

Good nite, D. I'm glad we've made our peace. It is fine talk with you.

gnite old salt