PDA

View Full Version : Ranking the Texas teams....

Avante
06-26-2014, 06:45 PM
...for 2014.

1.Baylor...10 nationally
2.Texas...22
3.Texas A&M...29
4.Texas Tech....33
5.TCU...45

Cali

1.UCLA...8
2.Stanford...13
3.USC....15
4.San Diego State...54
5.Fresno State...64

Hmmmm?

DMX7
06-28-2014, 06:22 PM
UCLA and Texas are playing each other.

Sisk
06-28-2014, 09:52 PM
...for 2014.

1.Baylor...10 nationally
2.Texas...22
3.Texas A&M...29
4.Texas Tech....33
5.TCU...45

Cali

1.UCLA...8
2.Stanford...13
3.USC....15
4.San Diego State...54
5.Fresno State...64

Hmmmm?

USC overrated per usual. I think Tech will be better than Texas.

DMX7
06-28-2014, 10:46 PM

Of course you do. Texas has whooped Tech like 5 straight times though. I don't see why that would change.

DesignatedT
06-29-2014, 01:05 AM
Lulz

Sisk
06-29-2014, 03:17 AM
Of course you do. Texas has whooped Tech like 5 straight times though. I don't see why that would change.

And Baylor has sucked for all of history until they started tearing it up. Not sure of your point.

No idea who the QB will be and a brand new coach but you're not sure why things could change?

Blake
06-29-2014, 07:43 AM

The game is also in Lubbock.

Not saying Tech will win, but I'm betting Vegas will favor Tech by a few points.

DMX7
06-29-2014, 08:50 AM
And Baylor has sucked for all of history until they started tearing it up. Not sure of your point.

No idea who the QB will be and a brand new coach but you're not sure why things could change?

Uncertainty at the QB position? Yeah, we've dealt with that before. Tech typically has a poor run defense, and with M.Brown, J. Bergeron, and J. Grey all coming back... I suspect we will again be able to exploit that as well as set up a few play action passes to boot. Besides, we still have better players across the board than Tech does and coach Strong is just a better coach (though maybe not a better recruiter) who will get more out of his players than Mack.

I wrote that I don't see why the ultimate outcome of things "would" change based on my belief of the above. That is different than not seeing why things "could" change. Of course we don't know things for absolute certain until they happen, so yes, things could change, but I suspect they will not -- not enough has changed in Tech's favor to make Tech better.

DMX7
06-29-2014, 09:02 AM
The game is also in Lubbock.

Not saying Tech will win, but I'm betting Vegas will favor Tech by a few points.

Over the course of the last 10 seasons, a lot of things have change including the home field advantage from year to year, but one thing has stayed pretty consistent -- Texas has consistently been better than Tech (having won 9 of the last 10 matches). I don't know what the vegas line will be, but they exist primarily to induce betting -- and are not necessarily the best prediction of what will happen.

We will see what happens. Maybe coach strong is a bust in his first season, maybe not, but I think the track record of Texas and of coach Strong say they will be better.

And I'm not saying this to disrespect Tech which has some positive things going for it -- I'm just stating my opinion based on what I see.

DesignatedT
06-29-2014, 12:00 PM
A&M would still beat any other team in Texas. Even without Mr. Football. Baylor probably wins the most games this year but that's just a result of the shitty conference they play in.

Vito Corleone
06-29-2014, 12:22 PM
On paper Texas has the best returning talent bar none. The aggsy have a good returning line and solid runningback and receivers but that's it. I expect no improvement from your defense since you have had to kick off most of your returning starters and you are starting a freshmen QB. Baylor brings back a strong offense with returning QB but they lost all their best defenders. Tech is an unknown and they have zero QB depth.

I would rank it

1. Texas
2. Baylor
3. Tech
4. TCU
5. A&M

Blake
06-29-2014, 12:39 PM
A&M would still beat any other team in Texas.

If Tech beats Arky and Arky beats A&M this year, there will be a red raider dick warning hovering over the general College Station area with 110% chance of semen storm

Avante
06-29-2014, 02:13 PM

How is USC overrated?

Texas is returning 15 starters, TT is returning 12. What are you looking at?

Blake
06-29-2014, 02:21 PM
Texas is returning 15 starters, TT is returning 12. What are you looking at?

UT is running a new offense and defense.

And it's not like those returning starters for UT were overly impressive. They lost to byu.

Avante
06-29-2014, 03:19 PM
Baylor is looking at a 10-2 season, what other Texas team can say that?

Vito Corleone
06-29-2014, 03:53 PM
Baylor is looking at a 10-2 season, what other Texas team can say that?

That would mean Baylor is going to lose two conference games, I feel good one will be against Texas

Avante
06-29-2014, 04:00 PM
That would mean Baylor is going to lose two conference games, I feel good one will be against Texas

What happened to you in that Derrick Henry thread guy? Yep, I know my running backs slick.

Baylor plays Texas as the third game of a three week road trip, that's not a good "spot" for any team to be in. But, Baylor did kick Longorn ass last season 30-10 in Waco. But....the Bears are only returning 10 starters.

DMX7
06-29-2014, 06:48 PM
UT is running a new offense and defense.

And it's not like those returning starters for UT were overly impressive. They lost to byu.

Yeah, but they still beat Tech after shedding Manny.

DMX7
06-29-2014, 11:07 PM
Tech's highest rated recruit for the class of 2014, CB Nigel Bethel II, has been dismissed from the team for punching a woman in the face.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11152834/texas-tech-red-raiders-cornerback-nigel-bethel-ii-dismissed-punching-women-hoops-player-amber-battle

Vito Corleone
06-30-2014, 12:53 AM
What happened to you in that Derrick Henry thread guy? Yep, I know my running backs slick.

Baylor plays Texas as the third game of a three week road trip, that's not a good "spot" for any team to be in. But, Baylor did kick Longorn ass last season 30-10 in Waco. But....the Bears are only returning 10 starters.

Baylor looks good on offense, but their defense lost way too much and since the game is in Austin I like Texas chances. Texas 8 on defense and 7 on offense. I like Texas chances.

Avante
06-30-2014, 02:08 AM
Baylor looks good on offense, but their defense lost way too much and since the game is in Austin I like Texas chances. Texas 8 on defense and 7 on offense. I like Texas chances.

Dude, so much can happen between then and now, only a rookie makes long range predictions like that. How about a week before the game....ok?

FkLA
06-30-2014, 02:47 AM
6. UTSA

Avante
06-30-2014, 03:16 AM
6. UTSA

Nope, try....Houston, SMU and then UTSA.

FkLA
06-30-2014, 04:23 AM
no, SMU sucks I'd even put Rice and North Texas ahead of them. UH-UTSA is a toss up.

Blake
06-30-2014, 08:30 AM
Yeah, but they still beat Tech after shedding Manny.

the QB situations for both teams are much different now.

The coaching situations and schemes are different now on both sides if the ball for UT.

The game is in Lubbock this year.

I'm not saying Tech is a lock to win. I'm telling you that UT isn't.

Vito Corleone
06-30-2014, 12:35 PM
the QB situations for both teams are much different now.

The coaching situations and schemes are different now on both sides if the ball for UT.

The game is in Lubbock this year.

I'm not saying Tech is a lock to win. I'm telling you that UT isn't.

Nothing is a lock for Texas at this point, no win is a lock and no loss is a lock. but I feel pretty good about Texas chances in most every game..

Avante
06-30-2014, 12:57 PM
no, SMU sucks I'd even put Rice and North Texas ahead of them. UH-UTSA is a toss up.

SMU lost three games in 2013 by a combined 10 points. 2013 being their first losing season since 2008.

FkLA
06-30-2014, 01:32 PM
114. UTEP
100. SMU
91. Texas St.
65. UNT

^USA Today rankings so far--UTSA, UH and Rice have yet to be named. Not that a list like that automatically makes them better but on paper there really is no reason to expect much out of SMU, especially with Gilbert having graduated.

Blake
06-30-2014, 01:32 PM
Nothing is a lock for Texas at this point, no win is a lock and no loss is a lock. but I feel pretty good about Texas chances in most every game..

I don't know how you can feel bad or good about Texas' chances at this point. Way too many unknowns.

Blake
06-30-2014, 01:56 PM
114. UTEP
100. SMU
91. Texas St.
65. UNT

^USA Today rankings so far--UTSA, UH and Rice have yet to be named. Not that a list like that automatically makes them better but on paper there really is no reason to expect much out of SMU, especially with Gilbert having graduated.

Athlon

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/top-25/

Vito Corleone
06-30-2014, 03:44 PM
I don't know how you can feel bad or good about Texas' chances at this point. Way too many unknowns.

15 returning starters a coaching staff that is actually coaching them and a defensive minded coach with a championship pedigree. The only thing I'm really worried about is injuries to the QB, but no one can predict injuries so I don't factor it in.

FkLA
06-30-2014, 03:59 PM
Athlon

117. UTEP
113. Tx St
96. SMU
89. UTSA
87. Rice
86. UNT
69. UH

Blake
06-30-2014, 04:05 PM
15 returning starters a coaching staff that is actually coaching them and a defensive minded coach with a championship pedigree. The only thing I'm really worried about is injuries to the QB, but no one can predict injuries so I don't factor it in.

is it even clear who the starting QB will be for the entire season?

Or who will be the definitive play caller on the sidelines?

Vito Corleone
06-30-2014, 04:28 PM
is it even clear who the starting QB will be for the entire season?

Or who will be the definitive play caller on the sidelines?

Silly question, As long as he is healthy it's David Ash and there is no question about it. His competition is soph who is as raw as can be, and needs a year or two to learn how to throw a football. His only other competition is a promising true freshmen.

Now is it possible that Ash could get hurt? Of course, but the same can be said of every QB out there. Is it possible for one of the backups to take his spot, not really, the goal right now is the red-shirt Heard, and Swoops as I said is just too raw.

Blake
06-30-2014, 05:08 PM
I think Ash's heath is a serious question mark

Vito Corleone
06-30-2014, 05:13 PM
I think Ash's heath is a serious question mark

We will have to wait and see, like I said, you can't predict injuries.

Blake
06-30-2014, 05:30 PM
We will have to wait and see, like I said, you can't predict injuries.

It's more of an issue for Ash than others because he has a history.

Vito Corleone
06-30-2014, 05:56 PM
As I understand it, that was the first time he has ever had a concussion, and he could have come back last year but chose against it because he wanted to apply for a medical redshirt.

And yes I do agree that he is more apt to getting a concussion after already having one, but again, no one can predict when an injury will happen. Colt McCoy took a lot of big hits in 2009 but it was a little hit in just the right place that ended his year against Alabama in the BCS championship game.

Sisk
06-30-2014, 06:35 PM

Returning starters is not always a good thing...

DMX7
06-30-2014, 06:57 PM

The starters we're returning are pretty solid.

DMX7
06-30-2014, 07:14 PM
Well... none of us are prophets so all we can really do is state our expectation of what will happen. Blake expects Ash to be injured or at least for there to be a more than remote possibility that he will be injured, and if he does get injured, the clearly that will help Tech. But the reality is that we beat Tech with Case McCoy at QB last year and we will most certainly be running the ball against Tech a lot while using our stable of good running backs; and Tech doesn't have a good run defense to boot. I think that gives Texas the edge along with coach strong's outstanding defensive track record.

Coach Strong is not a question mark. He is a proven winner and isn't Manny Diaz. He has a track record of success including 2 national titles as a defense coordinator at Florida and a BCS bowl win at Louisville. The guy can coach, it's not like he is some third tier hire with no meaningful background to extrapolate from. Hardly a question mark to the point of putting any doubt in my mind about his abilities.

Vito Corleone
06-30-2014, 07:48 PM

It is when you have coming back on offense.

Jaxsom Shipley, Kendall Saunders, Marcus Johnson, David Ash, Malcolme Brown, Joe Burgeon, Johnathan Gray, Our oline should be pretty solid with Trey Flowers, Dom Espinosa, Kent Perkins, Curtis Riser, Desmond Harrison, and Kennedy Estelle. We also bring back all 3 of our TEs.

We bring back everyone on defense except Jackson Jeffcoat, Carrington Byndom and Adrian Philips.

I'd say we should be pretty salty if we can keep our QB safe.

Blake
06-30-2014, 08:08 PM
Well... none of us are prophets so all we can really do is state our expectation of what will happen. Blake expects Ash to be injured or at least for there to be a more than remote possibility that he will be injured, and if he does get injured, the clearly that will help Tech. But the reality is that we beat Tech with Case McCoy at QB last year and we will most certainly be running the ball against Tech a lot while using our stable of good running backs; and Tech doesn't have a good run defense to boot. I think that gives Texas the edge along with coach strong's outstanding defensive track record.

Coach Strong is not a question mark. He is a proven winner and isn't Manny Diaz. He has a track record of success including 2 national titles as a defense coordinator at Florida and a BCS bowl win at Louisville. The guy can coach, it's not like he is some third tier hire with no meaningful background to extrapolate from. Hardly a question mark to the point of putting any doubt in my mind about his abilities.

Wow.

Give a final score prediction of this years game.

Avante
07-01-2014, 12:03 AM
No Texas team will be in the Final Four and it's a shame. All that passion going to waste.

Baylor the only one with eve......hmmm?....nay!

No Cali team either but out here we're too cool for passion.

I see....

FSU, Bama, Oregon and Oklahoma with Ohio State a maybe.

Pelicans78
07-01-2014, 04:38 AM
Athlon

Nice! South Alabama is ranked 84 in only their second full season in the FBS.

DMX7
07-01-2014, 08:52 AM
Wow.

Give a final score prediction of this years game.

All that really matters is who wins.

I would just be guessing really at what the exact score will be, but I suspect something like 34-24 isn't unreasonable.

BobcatSoldier
07-02-2014, 12:09 PM
Nice! South Alabama is ranked 84 in only their second full season in the FBS. Yea, they are pretty solid. Lost five or their six games by 7 or fewer points. 3 of those 7 were by 1 point I think.

DMX7
07-02-2014, 04:24 PM
UTSA being ranked behind UNT is a lack of respect for UTSA... UTSA won handily in Denton last year. I know Soza is gone, but still... they have a lot returning.

FkLA
07-02-2014, 04:58 PM
UTSA being ranked behind UNT is a lack of respect for UTSA... UTSA won handily in Denton last year. I know Soza is gone, but still... they have a lot returning.

Yeah, theres really no reason to have them ranked higher than UTSA. Last I read we return the most starters in the country, they only return like 8-9 starters.

UTSA is getting plenty of love this off-season though so not complaining too much tbh.

ChumpDumper
07-02-2014, 07:30 PM
117. UTEP
113. Tx St
96. SMU
89. UTSA
87. Rice
86. UNT
69. UH
Middle of the bottom: right where we want to be :hat

Gonna be cool going to night games at any rate.

BobcatSoldier
07-03-2014, 11:55 AM
I like DCTF's rankings: Baylor, Aggies, UH, UT, Rice, TCU, Tech, UTSA, UNT, TXST, SMU, and finally UTEP. Out of all of these teams I could see UT, TCU, and TXST possibly finishing better than where they are now. UTSA has nothing but seniors and I believe UNT just graduated a lot of players so I too think it they should be before UNT.

DontStopBelieving
07-03-2014, 12:25 PM
I like DCTF's rankings: Baylor, Aggies, UH, UT, Rice, TCU, Tech, UTSA, UNT, TXST, SMU, and finally UTEP. Out of all of these teams I could see UT, TCU, and TXST possibly finishing better than where they are now. UTSA has nothing but seniors and I believe UNT just graduated a lot of players so I too think it they should be before UNT.

UH,Rice, and TCU ahead of Tech? :lol :lol :lol

Avante
09-03-2014, 01:31 AM
Texas is not the second best team in Texas.

FkLA
09-03-2014, 01:37 AM
DCTF's 2014 Texas College Power Poll — Week Two

#
School
Week 1 Rank

Baylor Bears

EJ Holland: The offense wasn’t as explosive as we expected, but the defense, especially up front, was lights out. SMU’s quarterbacks had no time make proper reads, and the Mustangs were limited to a mere 67 yards of total offense. Baylor keeps the top spot for now, but injuries to Bryce Petty and Antwan Goodley are concerning.

Texas A&M Aggies

Greg Tepper: The most impressive team in the state in Week One, winning at South Carolina proved two things: that there is life after Johnny Manziel (his name is Kenny Hill) and that the Aggies will be SEC West contenders every year that Kevin Sumlin is on the sideline.

Texas Longhorns

EJ Holland: To say the Texas defense was stifling would be an understatement. The Longhorns completely shut down North Texas and held the Mean Green to 17 passing yards. 17! But David Ash is out with concussion symptoms again and Dominic Espinosa, a key cog along the offensive line, was lost for the year.

TCU Horned Frogs

Greg Tepper: It's hard to gauge much from a win over Samford, but the offense looked noticeably better and more explosive. Maybe Trevone Boykin has turned the corner as the team's signal-caller.

UTSA Roadrunners

EJ Holland: Whoa! We don’t think anybody that doesn’t live in San Antonio saw that one coming. UTSA’s defense put on a dominant display against a veteran Houston offense that was supposed to be downright explosive. And the offense did more than enough in Tucker Carter’s first start at quarterback. The Roadrunners are for real.

Houston Cougars

Greg Tepper: Thud. The Coogs flopped in the grand opening of TDECU Stadium, and must figure out how to get their offense out of the mud. The good news: the defense looks pretty good.

Rice Owls

EJ Holland: Nobody expected the Owls to go down in South Bend and take down the nationally ranked Fighting Irish. Rice, however, was very competitive in the first half and has some major positives to build on. We still fully expect Rice to be a C-USA title contender.

Texas Tech Red Raiders

Greg Tepper: Did the Red Raiders forget to set their alarm clock? Tech sleepwalked through their game with Central Arkansas and came away with a 7-point win. They're better than they played on Saturday — or, at least, Tech fans had better hope they are.

Texas State Bobcats

EJ Holland: Yes, Arkansas Pine-Bluff is not a very good FCS team. But boy, the Bobcats looked really impressive. Tyler Jones was masterful at the helm, Robert Lowe had no trouble finding daylight and David Mayo led a stingy defense that came away with the shutout.

North Texas Mean Green

Greg Tepper: The Mean Green's offense sputtered and stalled all game against Texas, and it all starts with the quarterback. UNT has to find better and more consistent play under center if they're going to get back to a bowl.

UTEP Miners

EJ Holland: The Miners almost stumbled late but made big plays when it mattered most to pull out a momentum boosting win over New Mexico. UTEP must be on Cloud 9 after last year’s disappointing season. Will there be more wins to come? If Aaron Jones keeps running over defenders, the answer is definitely.

SMU Mustangs

Greg Tepper: The Mustangs were completely and totally overmatched by Baylor, which is OK if you're an FCS opponent but not so much for a team hoping to bounce back from a disappointing 2013 season. The Ponies need answers offensively, and fast.

Blake
09-03-2014, 07:58 AM
Texas is not the second best team in Texas.

you're fat.

Tell us things we don't know but care about.

Blake
09-03-2014, 08:04 AM
DCTF's 2014 Texas College Power Poll — Week Two

#
School
Week 1 Rank

Baylor Bears

EJ Holland: The offense wasn’t as explosive as we expected, but the defense, especially up front, was lights out. SMU’s quarterbacks had no time make proper reads, and the Mustangs were limited to a mere 67 yards of total offense. Baylor keeps the top spot for now, but injuries to Bryce Petty and Antwan Goodley are concerning.

Texas A&M Aggies

Greg Tepper: The most impressive team in the state in Week One, winning at South Carolina proved two things: that there is life after Johnny Manziel (his name is Kenny Hill) and that the Aggies will be SEC West contenders every year that Kevin Sumlin is on the sideline.

Texas Longhorns

EJ Holland: To say the Texas defense was stifling would be an understatement. The Longhorns completely shut down North Texas and held the Mean Green to 17 passing yards. 17! But David Ash is out with concussion symptoms again and Dominic Espinosa, a key cog along the offensive line, was lost for the year.

TCU Horned Frogs

Greg Tepper: It's hard to gauge much from a win over Samford, but the offense looked noticeably better and more explosive. Maybe Trevone Boykin has turned the corner as the team's signal-caller.

UTSA Roadrunners

EJ Holland: Whoa! We don’t think anybody that doesn’t live in San Antonio saw that one coming. UTSA’s defense put on a dominant display against a veteran Houston offense that was supposed to be downright explosive. And the offense did more than enough in Tucker Carter’s first start at quarterback. The Roadrunners are for real.

Houston Cougars

Greg Tepper: Thud. The Coogs flopped in the grand opening of TDECU Stadium, and must figure out how to get their offense out of the mud. The good news: the defense looks pretty good.

Rice Owls

EJ Holland: Nobody expected the Owls to go down in South Bend and take down the nationally ranked Fighting Irish. Rice, however, was very competitive in the first half and has some major positives to build on. We still fully expect Rice to be a C-USA title contender.

Texas Tech Red Raiders

Greg Tepper: Did the Red Raiders forget to set their alarm clock? Tech sleepwalked through their game with Central Arkansas and came away with a 7-point win. They're better than they played on Saturday — or, at least, Tech fans had better hope they are.

Texas State Bobcats

EJ Holland: Yes, Arkansas Pine-Bluff is not a very good FCS team. But boy, the Bobcats looked really impressive. Tyler Jones was masterful at the helm, Robert Lowe had no trouble finding daylight and David Mayo led a stingy defense that came away with the shutout.

North Texas Mean Green

Greg Tepper: The Mean Green's offense sputtered and stalled all game against Texas, and it all starts with the quarterback. UNT has to find better and more consistent play under center if they're going to get back to a bowl.

UTEP Miners

EJ Holland: The Miners almost stumbled late but made big plays when it mattered most to pull out a momentum boosting win over New Mexico. UTEP must be on Cloud 9 after last year’s disappointing season. Will there be more wins to come? If Aaron Jones keeps running over defenders, the answer is definitely.

SMU Mustangs

Greg Tepper: The Mustangs were completely and totally overmatched by Baylor, which is OK if you're an FCS opponent but not so much for a team hoping to bounce back from a disappointing 2013 season. The Ponies need answers offensively, and fast.

What a horrible list.

A&M is 1 at least for a week.

Tech is laughably low

The Reckoning
09-03-2014, 09:30 AM
if bryce petty really broke transverse processes, he'll be out for at least a month.

Avante
09-03-2014, 09:48 AM
you're fat.

Tell us things we don't know but care about.

Stick to..."I like Texas Tech".....ok?

lebomb
09-03-2014, 10:28 AM
What a horrible list.

A&M is 1 at least for a week.

Tech is laughably low

Please tell us how? They were almost beat by Central Arkansas. LMAO

Blake
09-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Please tell us how? They were almost beat by Central Arkansas. LMAO

Do you really believe Tech is worse than Houston and Rice, much less utsa?

lebomb
09-03-2014, 01:01 PM
Do you really believe Tech is worse than Houston and Rice, much less utsa?

I believe they are worse than UTSA.

Blake
09-03-2014, 01:10 PM

Lol

leemajors
09-03-2014, 01:10 PM

wow. new lows.

Avante
09-03-2014, 01:18 PM
TT has had a habit of falling apart in the second half of the season recently. If we look at the second half of seasons from 2011, 2012, 2013 a weakass....6-14, how they beat ASU in their bowl last season...????

Blake
09-03-2014, 01:22 PM
TT has had a habit of falling apart in the second half of the season recently. If we lkook at the second half of seasons from 2011, 2012, 1013 a weakass....6-14, how they beat ASU in their bowl last seaso...????

You can pretty much date it back to 2000. I think passing teams struggle the colder it gets as the season goes on.

Avante
09-03-2014, 01:32 PM
You can pretty much date it back to 2000. I think passing teams struggle the colder it gets as the season goes on.

Then how do you explain the fact that from 2008-2010 TT went 15=6 in the second half?

DMX7
09-03-2014, 01:34 PM
DMN's Texas rankings (for week 2 at least) seem most reasonable.

Blake
09-03-2014, 01:35 PM
Then how do you explain the fact that from 2008-2010 TT went 15=6 in the second half?

Oh neat. A three year window.

If it were anyone else, I might discuss. You can go fuck yourself.

Avante
09-03-2014, 02:03 PM
Oh neat. A three year window.

If it were anyone else, I might discuss. You can go fuck yourself.

You were simply wrong little guy.

Actually from 2004=2010 TT went...29=16 the second half. And you're a TT fan, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey shorty if ya need me, I'm here, hahaha!!!!!!!!

ChumpDumper
09-03-2014, 02:06 PM
lol alanac smack

Can't wait to see how lolutsa fares against the reigning AdvoCare V100 Bowl champions.

Blake
09-03-2014, 02:16 PM
You were simply wrong little guy.

Actually from 2004=2010 TT went...29=16 the second half. And you're a TT fan, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey shorty if ya need me, I'm here, hahaha!!!!!!!!

I didn't say they lose. I said passing teams struggle in the cold. In my opinion. Pro and college.

Any time you're ready to make that college football pick em bet, I'm ready, coward.

Until then, go fuck yourself.

Avante
09-03-2014, 02:19 PM
I didn't say they lose. I said passing teams struggle in the cold. In my opinion. Pro and college.

It's not that far fetched a theory to those that watch any amount of football.

Go fuck yourself.

Well no shit stupid. Wow....rain/ice/wind/cold...actually hurt a passing atack.....gee thanks for letting us all in on that....hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're a fucking idiot!

Blake
09-03-2014, 02:27 PM

Avante
09-03-2014, 02:36 PM

Do you actually follow TT? Dude, stop acting like this is the Big10...ok? Just how many games did TT play in bad weather conditons in those years?

Little man they never left Texas/Oklahoma late in the year.

Did you really say....bad weather effects passing...hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lebomb
09-03-2014, 03:06 PM
All I need to say.......... 7pt win over Central Arkansas? I hope that was a fluke game. If not, TT will get killed this year.

We held a high power UH offense to 7 pts.....really should have been a shutout. TT gave up over 30 to Central Arkansas??? Really? :depressed

Avante
09-03-2014, 03:12 PM
All I need to say.......... 7pt win over Central Arkansas? I hope that was a fluke game. If not, TT will get killed this year.

Why would anyone even talk TT football? They have gone.....

29-22 the last 4 seasons, and 8-5 will Kingsbury. a middle of the road team, nothing more as we'll see.

This..."well I went there"...is lame.

lebomb
09-03-2014, 03:32 PM
http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/08/national-reaction-texas-tech-shows-same-problems-from-defense-not-ready-to-climb-big-12-ladder.html/

"TT gave up 28 first downs to an average at best FCS team" ............ Damn son!!!

Anyhow, Im not sayin a thing about Arizona tomorrow. I will be there of course, but a victory? I will just keep my fingers crossed.

rjv
09-03-2014, 04:26 PM
tomorrow's game against arizona will really be a measuring stick for UTSA. if they make it respectable that will speak volumes.

Blake
09-03-2014, 04:28 PM
Why would anyone even talk TT football? They have gone.....

29-22 the last 4 seasons, and 8-5 will Kingsbury. a middle of the road team, nothing more as we'll see.

This..."well I went there"...is lame.

I guess you found a reason to talk TT football.

Avante
09-03-2014, 04:37 PM
I guess you found a reason to talk TT football.

Hmmm? Well I have talked Dave Parks who I don't have a Niner football card of. I have talked Donny Anderson. Mentioned Bam Morris/Crabtree/Welker but as far as the teams go they pretty much suck...relatively speaking.

DesignatedT
09-03-2014, 04:54 PM
tomorrow's game against arizona will really be a measuring stick for UTSA. if they make it respectable that will speak volumes.

Blows my mind they are only a 7 pt underdog

Blake
09-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Blows my mind they are only a 7 pt underdog

really? I may have to put a benny on Arizona.

Blake
09-03-2014, 05:04 PM
Hmmm? Well I have talked Dave Parks who I don't have a Niner football card of. I have talked Donny Anderson. Mentioned Bam Morris/Crabtree/Welker but as far as the teams go they pretty much suck...relatively speaking.

Well i guess then the only reason you're talking TT football is because you're following me around.

DesignatedT
09-03-2014, 05:04 PM
really? I may have to put a benny on Arizona.

That's what I was thinking. But then again, I thought Houston would win also.

Avante
09-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Well i guess then the only reason you're talking TT football is because you're following me around.

This is my thread shorty.

Blake
09-03-2014, 05:31 PM
This is my thread shorty.

You need to make up your mind as to why you're talking Texas Tech football.

Blake
09-03-2014, 05:32 PM
That's what I was thinking. But then again, I thought Houston would win also.

Zona isn't Houston though.

If the line moves to 6 1/2 or better, I'm doing it.

FkLA
09-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Houston was considered a favorite to win the AAC and a contender for the G5 access slot. They won 8 games last season despite being full of underclassmen (most of which are now upperclassmen). UTSA destroys them and all of a sudden they aren't good? Nah. They'll still go bowling. Zona is probably better but they're still a middle of the pack PAC 12 team--I'm not seeing the huge jump in opponent quality. Okie State will probably kill us Week 3 though.

Not sure why Tech wouldnt be ranked below UTSA after Week 1 in the DCTF poll either. Although I do think they started off lower than they shouldve.

lebomb
09-04-2014, 06:37 AM
Im a homer, and even I dont think we will beat Arizona. I just would like to keep it close.

Obstructed_View
09-04-2014, 12:39 PM
if bryce petty really broke transverse processes, he'll be out for at least a month.

Yeah, sitting out practice for a few days isn't going to cut it. It's lucky for them that they have a cupcake schedule, but I'd be surprised if they hadn't lost a game or two before he's back and useful again.

The Reckoning
09-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Yeah, sitting out practice for a few days isn't going to cut it. It's lucky for them that they have a cupcake schedule, but I'd be surprised if they hadn't lost a game or two before he's back and useful again.

when it happened to me, i asked the doc when i could suit up again. he laughed. the spasms themselves didn't go away for at least a month, and i still have arthritis symptoms from the scar tissue. i guess it really depends on how severe the crack is and if him and briles are willing to take that risk. regardless, it will affect his play.

Blake
09-04-2014, 07:23 PM
Zona isn't Houston though.

If the line moves to 6 1/2 or better, I'm doing it.

Meh, i put a hundy on the cats -7.

couldn't pass it up

DesignatedT
09-04-2014, 07:27 PM
I did too but lol at waiting until they score to post that.

Blake
09-04-2014, 07:43 PM
I did too but lol at waiting until they score to post that.

Lol

Blake
09-04-2014, 07:44 PM
I'm at the game. it's loud but a bit disappointed in attendance

Avante
09-04-2014, 11:16 PM
Meh, i put a hundy on the cats -7.

couldn't pass it up

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lebomb
09-05-2014, 06:10 AM
Losers!!!! Nice gift of $100 you gave away. LOL

Blake
09-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol.

It's funnier when you lose money because you're the expert.

And you make 36,000 a year, living off your wife's day care business.

Blake
09-05-2014, 09:34 AM
Losers!!!! Nice gift of $100 you gave away. LOL

I'll get it back.

It's good to get reminders like this every now and then that there's no such thing as a sure bet

Obstructed_View
09-05-2014, 04:43 PM
when it happened to me, i asked the doc when i could suit up again. he laughed. the spasms themselves didn't go away for at least a month, and i still have arthritis symptoms from the scar tissue. i guess it really depends on how severe the crack is and if him and briles are willing to take that risk. regardless, it will affect his play.

That decision to keep him in for that meaningless touchdown is looking worse and worse.

DesignatedT
09-07-2014, 04:14 PM
I would rank it

1. Texas
2. Baylor
3. Tech
4. TCU
5. A&M

Lol

FkLA
09-08-2014, 12:12 AM

DMX7
09-08-2014, 08:13 AM

It's hard to believe, but that actually looks pretty accurate to me right now.

Blake
09-08-2014, 10:03 AM
Funny how people forget Tech beat the crap out of #17 Arizona State just 3 games ago.

but that's fine. Under the radar is a good place to be.

yavozerb
09-08-2014, 10:15 AM
Funny how people forget Tech beat the crap out of #17 Arizona State just 3 games ago.

:lol, "just 3 games ago" refers to a game played over 8 months ago with a different TT team.

FkLA
09-08-2014, 10:45 AM
UTEP's too low

Nah, they're not very good. Anybody with a decent defensive line and offensive gameplan would destroy them. They're basically North Texas lite.

Also lol at Blake. Tech is right where they should be after their two crapfests.

Sisk
09-08-2014, 10:53 AM

Wut

Blake
09-08-2014, 10:56 AM
:lol, "just 3 games ago" refers to a game played over 8 months ago with a different TT team.

Aside from losing Amaro, the team isn't that different.

Blake
09-08-2014, 11:01 AM
Also lol at Blake. Tech is right where they should be after their two crapfests.

AP has Tech at #4.

I think that's right where they should be.

Lol utsa

FkLA
09-08-2014, 11:05 AM
Aside from losing Amaro, the team isn't that different.

Phil Steele says you only return 4 starters on defense, not that Tech is ever very good there but this year they look extra shitty.

Here's what lolutsa did to UTEP last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGH25272h-s

FkLA
09-08-2014, 11:08 AM
lol at receiving votes after squeeking by an FCS team and UTEP

Blake
09-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Phil Steele says you only return 4 starters on defense, not that Tech is ever very good there but this year they look extra shitty.

Here's what lolutsa did to UTEP last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGH25272h-s

Actually I thought the defense was solid enough against utep, and that's with some guys out because of injury, notably Rika Levi.

Offensive penalties and Webb playing like dog shit kept this game from being the 66-21 blowout it should have been.

Blake
09-08-2014, 11:31 AM
lol at receiving votes after squeeking by an FCS team and UTEP

For now it's all stupid opinions.

We'll revisit this thread on November 2nd after Tech has played TCU and UT.

Blake
09-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Wut

aggy

FkLA
09-08-2014, 12:05 PM
idk Showers really sucks, not sure why the QB competition with Johnathan Football was even close two years ago. Tech knew UTEP could only run and they still didnt do a very good job of stopping them. Kinda got bailed out by their OC calling 4 consecutive passing plays on that last drive imo.

opinions could change since its still early, but after two games which is all we can go off of tech isnt 'under the radar'...its more a case of them sucking so far.

Sisk
09-08-2014, 01:40 PM
aggy

Talking about last years team two weeks into the season? :lmao

Blake
09-08-2014, 01:59 PM
Talking about last years team two weeks into the season? :lmao

It's basically the same team but ok.

ChumpDumper
09-08-2014, 03:58 PM
508626214400311296Hey, we're #3 because everyone else was terrible for one week.

Blake
09-08-2014, 04:53 PM
I've never heard of Tim McMahon

Avante
09-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Baylor and A&M deserve some thought, but other than them why bother with the rest?

Blake
09-08-2014, 05:25 PM
Baylor and A&M deserve some thought, but other than them why bother with the rest?

This is a Texas based messageboard, dumbass.

FkLA
09-08-2014, 05:53 PM
Hey, we're #3 because everyone else was terrible for one week.

You are a miserable, depressing fan tbh.

ChumpDumper
09-08-2014, 07:02 PM
You are a miserable, depressing fan tbh.lol

Why?

Did I say something that wasn't true?

Please explain.

DMX7
09-08-2014, 07:05 PM
lol

Why?

Did I say something that wasn't true?

Please explain.

Couldn't just let him have his glory.

Had to put things in context.

Had to go Debbie Downer on him.

FkLA
09-08-2014, 07:18 PM
You are a glass half-empty fan 24/7.

The way other teams have played plays a role (don't all polls work like that?) but it also has alot to do with how good UTSA has looked. UTSA can play with anyone in the state outside of A&M and Baylor.

ChumpDumper
09-08-2014, 08:35 PM
You are a glass half-empty fan 24/7.Nah.

The way other teams have played plays a role (don't all polls work like that?) but it also has alot to do with how good UTSA has looked. UTSA can play with anyone in the state outside of A&M and Baylor.So nothing I said was untrue.

:tu

FkLA
09-08-2014, 09:22 PM
'bc everyone else was terrible this week' sounds pretty half-empty to me. no mention of how well your team has played.

nobody on this board has that kind of attitude towards their respective team but I dont care enough to get into a back and forth argument about it--just pointing it out.

ChumpDumper
09-08-2014, 10:06 PM
'bc everyone else was terrible this week' sounds pretty half-empty to me. no mention of how well your team has played. Mentioned before.

Am I required to do it every time I refer to the team?

nobody on this board has that kind of attitude towards their respective team but I dont care enough to get into a back and forth argument about it--just pointing it out.One can see examples of that "attitude" all over this forum.

lol fan police

FkLA
09-08-2014, 10:12 PM
nah

ChumpDumper
09-09-2014, 12:27 AM
Nah what?

Use your words.

Avante
09-09-2014, 05:56 AM
This is a Texas based messageboard, dumbass.

A dumbass talks about Texas Tech.

Blake
09-09-2014, 07:53 AM
A dumbass talks about Texas Tech.

stellar comeback

ChumpDumper
09-09-2014, 08:07 AM
stellar comebackEspecially since he has been talking about Texas Tech.

Juan
09-09-2014, 08:33 AM
Can you imagine if Baylor and A&M met in a bowl game or a bcs bowl this year? Shit would be epic. Yes please.

Blake
09-09-2014, 09:37 AM
Can you imagine if Baylor and A&M met in a bowl game or a bcs bowl this year? Shit would be epic. Yes please.

UT v A&M bowl game would be off the charts messageboard entertainment

Juan
09-09-2014, 10:25 AM
UT v A&M bowl game would be off the charts messageboard entertainment

It wouldn't even be a game. A&M and Sumlin would destroy them. I actually firmly believe UT would decline that game if it actually happened.

Blake
09-09-2014, 10:55 AM
It wouldn't even be a game. A&M and Sumlin would destroy them. I actually firmly believe UT would decline that game if it actually happened.

You firmly believe UT would decline a BCS bowl?

jeez

Juan
09-09-2014, 11:17 AM
UT isn't going to a BCS bowl any time soon :lmao

Only way they meet is if A&M all of a sudden drops off and starts to lose games. In that case, Texas will do everything in their power to avoid a bowl matchup behind closed doors. They already did that two years ago when the Cotton wanted to match up A&M/Texas.

leemajors
09-09-2014, 11:41 AM
lol Juan the insider

Blake
09-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Lol

Blake
09-09-2014, 12:31 PM
UT isn't going to a BCS bowl any time soon :lmao

Only way they meet is if A&M all of a sudden drops off and starts to lose games. In that case, Texas will do everything in their power to avoid a bowl matchup behind closed doors. They already did that two years ago when the Cotton wanted to match up A&M/Texas.

I don't think 5 years is out of the question for UT to be in a bcs game, playoff game or the big 12/SEC annual champion game that will start happening soon.

lol referring to UT as yellow bellied

ChumpDumper
09-09-2014, 12:39 PM
UT would be fine with playing A&M in a bowl. They'll take the one with the biggest payout.

Avante
09-09-2014, 03:02 PM
With no Big10/Texas team with a shot at The Final Four.....hmmmmm?

Alabama
FSU
Oregon
Oklahoma

Blake
09-09-2014, 03:10 PM
With no Big10/Texas team with a shot at The Final Four.....hmmmmm?

Alabama
FSU
Oregon
Oklahoma

Wrong thread

Kermit
09-09-2014, 03:23 PM
Wrong thread

It's Avante.

Blake
09-09-2014, 05:01 PM
It's Avante.

Right. That would explain why op forgot what his thread was about

DMX7
09-09-2014, 07:00 PM
UT would be fine with playing A&M in a bowl. They'll take the one with the biggest payout.

Don't the Big12 teams share bowl revenue evenly? Regardless, Texas will take the best bowl it can get. If we played A&M in our current state, it would be bad news though.

Blake
09-09-2014, 08:40 PM
Don't the Big12 teams share bowl revenue evenly? Regardless, Texas will take the best bowl it can get. If we played A&M in our current state, it would be bad news though.

I think all the conferences share bowl revenue equally and the conference in turn will give the schools a stipend for travel and tickets.

FkLA
09-10-2014, 11:31 AM
DCTF's 2014 Texas College Power Poll — Week Three

#
School
Week 2 Rank

t-1
Texas A&M Aggies

EJ Holland: As expected, Kenny Hill and Texas A&M breezed by Lamar in Week 2. The Aggies are the hottest team in the state at the moment and look almost unstoppable on offense. If the defense keeps improving, Texas A&M could take sole possession of the No. 1 spot sooner rather than later.

t-1
Baylor Bears

Greg Tepper: Yes, it's only Northwestern State, but Baylor was without its starting quarterback and its top two receivers...and still hung up 70 points and 700+ total yards. Art Briles' offense is a remorseless killing machine. Remember the name K.D. Cannon: he's the next big thing in Waco.

TCU Horned Frogs

EJ Holland: The Horned Frogs benefitted from a bye week as they moved up one spot to No. 3. Right now, we don't know too much about TCU. Yes, the new offense was great and Trevone Boykin looked much improved, but that was against FCS opponent Samford. This week's game against Minnesota will be telling.

UTSA Roadrunners

Greg Tepper: How does a team lose and move up in the Power Poll? By losing by three points to a well-regarded team from a Power 5 conference. The Roadrunners, even in a defeat, proved that they are ready for prime time.

Texas Tech Red Raiders

EJ Holland: It hasn't been pretty, but Texas Tech is 2-0. The Red Raiders squeaked out a win against FCS opponent Central Arkansas and survived a late night thriller at UTEP. But those are teams Texas Tech was expected to dominate against. The jury is still out on Kliff Kingsbury and company.

t-6
Houston Cougars

EJ Holland: Houston's 47-0 win over Grambling State didn't make the memories of its lost to UTSA go away. We know the Roadrunners are for real, but we still need to see more from this Houston offense, which is littered with talented playmakers like Deontay Greenberry and Greg Ward. BYU could be a statement game.

t-6
Rice Owls

Greg Tepper: A week off for the Owls may not do a lot of good as far as beating Texas A&M this week — as tough a draw as anyone in the country — but keep an eye on David Bailiff's crew. There's a good chance that they start 0-2, then rattle off six (or more) wins in a row.

t-6
Texas Longhorns

Greg Tepper: There's nothing good to say about what's going on at the 40 Acres right now. Injuries to QB David Ash and OL Dominic Espinosa, compounded with a new round of suspensions, led to another drubbing at the hands of BYU, and things don't look like they'll get much better. Longhorns fans new Charlie Strong would endure some growing pains, but things are bleak right now.

Texas State Bobcats

Greg Tepper: Alright, Bobs: you were super-impressive in clobbering Arkansas-Pine Bluff in your opener. Now, after a week off, you get a tough Navy team at home before a trip to play a beatable Illinois squad. We'll find out much more about you in the next two weeks than we did in the last two.

North Texas Mean Green

EJ Holland: UNT looked like a completely different team on Saturday. After getting blown out at Texas, the Mean Green bounced back by taking SMU to the wood shed and ultimately forcing June Jones out of a job. There is still room to improve on both sides of the ball, but the beat down of the Ponies was a step in the right direction.

UTEP Miners

Greg Tepper: The Miners almost stumbled late but made big plays when it mattered most to pull out a momentum boosting win over New Mexico. UTEP must be on Cloud 9 after last year’s disappointing season. Will there be more wins to come? If Aaron Jones keeps running over defenders, the answer is definitely.

SMU Mustangs

EJ Holland: Well, it's been fun June Jones. After getting walloped against Œrival' North Texas, Jones resigned on Monday and left the Mustangs in a state of disaster. In two games, SMU has scored a total of six points and ranks in the 100s in passing yards, rushing yards and points allowed per game.

Blake
09-10-2014, 11:46 AM
Lol Tech still lower than utsa.

Those guys are idiots. :lol

FkLA
09-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Nah. USA Today has TT at 40, UTSA at 47. Wish we played Tech this year.

lebomb
09-10-2014, 12:23 PM

Those guys are idiots. :lol

UTSA would have beaten Central Arkansas by 30pts and Utep by at least 2 TDs. Get over it. TT is NOT that good this year. Justin Stockton is.

Blake
09-10-2014, 01:29 PM
UTSA would have beaten Central Arkansas by 30pts and Utep by at least 2 TDs. Get over it. TT is NOT that good this year. Justin Stockton is.

TT has been shooting themselves in the feet. They brought their D games the last two outings.

if TT brings their A game, they beat utsa's A Game in the dome by 30.

i fully expect Tech to beat Arky this week.

Blake
09-10-2014, 01:33 PM
Nah. USA Today has TT at 40, UTSA at 47. Wish we played Tech this year.

I don't get you saying nah when you follow with usa Today concurring with me.

I wish Tech played utsa this year too.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2014, 02:01 PM

Those guys are idiots. :lolEh, as a power ranking I can see it.

Tech is monumentally underachieving so far.

lolutsa could easily come down to earth Saturday.

FkLA
09-10-2014, 04:43 PM
I don't get you saying nah when you follow with usa Today concurring with me.

I wish Tech played utsa this year too.

The point is there is no laughable separation between the two even by USA Today. I'm sure it also helps TT that UTSA started the season ranked 60 and TT a lot lower.

FkLA
09-16-2014, 07:52 PM
DCTF's 2014 Texas College Power Poll — Week Four

#
School
Week 3 Rank

t-1
Texas A&M Aggies
t-1

Greg Tepper: There appear to be two things that can slow down A&M: the turf at Kyle Field and a strong running game. Rice may have found a hole in the A&M armor — keeping the ball away from the Aggies by grounding and pounding on an only-OK Aggies run defense. Of course, then you have to slow down the A&M offense, which is easier said than done

t-1
Baylor Bears
t-1

EJ Holland: There wasn’t much to take away from Baylor’s beat down of Buffalo. It was just yet another huge victory over a creampuff in a non-conference game. Big 12 play starts in a few weeks, and we’re all excited to see what Baylor can do against real competition. Our guess: more of the same — offensive firepower and an improving defense.

TCU Horned Frogs

Greg Tepper: No one was harder on Trevone Boykin this offseason than I was, and nobody is eating more crow about it than me. The signal-caller has really matured and helped shape an offense that, suddenly, looks like it can hang in the Big 12.

UTSA Roadrunners

EJ Holland: Even though UTSA was blown out by Oklahoma State, it has earned the right to keep its place in the Power Poll. Remember, the Roadrunners were a missed chip shot field goal away from heading to overtime against Arizona and absolutely destroyed Houston in the opener. UTSA can still have a special season. If anything, they stay here because nobody deserves to jump them.

Rice Owls
t-6

EJ Holland: Yes, Rice is 0-2. But its not that Rice is bad, its that the schedule has been rigorous to say the least. You have to have gets to go up to South Bend for the season opener and playing Texas A&M on the road, well, that’s no easy task either. Rice showed flashes of potential in both games and has earned respect. And this is a program coming off a conference championship, for crying out loud.

Texas Longhorns
t-6

EJ Holland: After an embarrassing drubbing at the hands of BYU, Texas responded with admirable performance against a ranked UCLA team at AT&T Stadium. The defense collapsed late but overall played well enough to win, and Tyrone Swoopes looked much improved at quarterback. But the gorilla in the room remains the offensive line, which is still a disaster.

Texas Tech Red Raiders

Greg Tepper: After getting gashed for 400+ yards on the ground by Arkansas, it's time to face facts that the Tech defense just isn't very good. The offense should be good enough to keep them in games, but it'll be up to an undermanned defense to win them for the Red Raiders.

Houston Cougars
t-6

Greg Tepper: The loss to BYU was discouraging, but something seemed to click for the Coogs late in the game in Provo. UH has looked disheveled and off-kilter all season; can they find their groove in time for conference season?

Texas State Bobcats

EJ Holland: Texas State might have picked up its first loss, but the Bobcats played well against a tough Navy team. As Ohio State found out in the opener, you never know what can happen when you face that vaunted triple option attack. Led by quarterback Tyler Jones, the Texas State offense is explosive, and the defense isn’t too shabby either.

UTEP Miners

EJ Holland: The Miners look like a completely different team this year and now boast a 2-1 record after knocking off rival New Mexico State. How did they do it? Simple. They ran the football and ran it some more to the tune of 344 yards. Sophomore Aaron Jones has been phenomenal toting the rock, and this offensive line is flat out nasty. Sean Kugler has this group rolling.

North Texas Mean Green

Greg Tepper: Another dreadful offensive showing, and you have to wonder how long Dan McCarney will stick with Josh Greer. Could the Dajon Williams Show be tuning up for its debut? It could provide a spark to the lifeless attack.

SMU Mustangs

Greg Tepper: The Tom Mason era begins in earnest on Saturday when the Ponies host Texas A&M. And while the Mustangs' chances of victory are slim, it'll be much more interesting to see what kind of fight the team puts up with a new man at the helm.

tee hee

rjv
09-17-2014, 09:46 AM
i'm starting to lean towards texas getting that win in lubbock now. texas has a very anemic offense but, by far, the better defense of the two teams.

Bill_Brasky
09-17-2014, 09:58 AM
we cant tackle and thats gonna be a pretty big problem. its pretty unacceptable to know whats coming and not be able to stop it at least on accident once or twice.

DesignatedT
09-17-2014, 10:04 AM
I'll take tech by a field goal in that game. Arkansas would destroy Texas also.

Blake
09-17-2014, 01:25 PM
All Texas has to do is run Brown/Gray/Tyrone 50 times at 5+ yards a pop to beat Tech.

Blake
09-17-2014, 01:26 PM

Bielema is boring but he's doing some serious work up at Arky.

Blake
09-17-2014, 01:26 PM

Bielema is boring but he's doing some serious work up at Arky.

Avante
10-18-2014, 03:12 PM
So where we at now?

The Reckoning
10-18-2014, 03:17 PM

#
School
Week 3 Rank

t-1
Texas A&M Aggies
t-1

Greg Tepper: There appear to be two things that can slow down A&M: the turf at Kyle Field and a strong running game. Rice may have found a hole in the A&M armor — keeping the ball away from the Aggies by grounding and pounding on an only-OK Aggies run defense. Of course, then you have to slow down the A&M offense, which is easier said than done

t-1
Baylor Bears
t-1

EJ Holland: There wasn’t much to take away from Baylor’s beat down of Buffalo. It was just yet another huge victory over a creampuff in a non-conference game. Big 12 play starts in a few weeks, and we’re all excited to see what Baylor can do against real competition. Our guess: more of the same — offensive firepower and an improving defense.

TCU Horned Frogs

Greg Tepper: No one was harder on Trevone Boykin this offseason than I was, and nobody is eating more crow about it than me. The signal-caller has really matured and helped shape an offense that, suddenly, looks like it can hang in the Big 12.

UTSA Roadrunners

EJ Holland: Even though UTSA was blown out by Oklahoma State, it has earned the right to keep its place in the Power Poll. Remember, the Roadrunners were a missed chip shot field goal away from heading to overtime against Arizona and absolutely destroyed Houston in the opener. UTSA can still have a special season. If anything, they stay here because nobody deserves to jump them.

Rice Owls
t-6

EJ Holland: Yes, Rice is 0-2. But its not that Rice is bad, its that the schedule has been rigorous to say the least. You have to have gets to go up to South Bend for the season opener and playing Texas A&M on the road, well, that’s no easy task either. Rice showed flashes of potential in both games and has earned respect. And this is a program coming off a conference championship, for crying out loud.

Texas Longhorns
t-6

EJ Holland: After an embarrassing drubbing at the hands of BYU, Texas responded with admirable performance against a ranked UCLA team at AT&T Stadium. The defense collapsed late but overall played well enough to win, and Tyrone Swoopes looked much improved at quarterback. But the gorilla in the room remains the offensive line, which is still a disaster.

Texas Tech Red Raiders

Greg Tepper: After getting gashed for 400+ yards on the ground by Arkansas, it's time to face facts that the Tech defense just isn't very good. The offense should be good enough to keep them in games, but it'll be up to an undermanned defense to win them for the Red Raiders.

Houston Cougars
t-6

Greg Tepper: The loss to BYU was discouraging, but something seemed to click for the Coogs late in the game in Provo. UH has looked disheveled and off-kilter all season; can they find their groove in time for conference season?

Texas State Bobcats

EJ Holland: Texas State might have picked up its first loss, but the Bobcats played well against a tough Navy team. As Ohio State found out in the opener, you never know what can happen when you face that vaunted triple option attack. Led by quarterback Tyler Jones, the Texas State offense is explosive, and the defense isn’t too shabby either.

UTEP Miners

EJ Holland: The Miners look like a completely different team this year and now boast a 2-1 record after knocking off rival New Mexico State. How did they do it? Simple. They ran the football and ran it some more to the tune of 344 yards. Sophomore Aaron Jones has been phenomenal toting the rock, and this offensive line is flat out nasty. Sean Kugler has this group rolling.

North Texas Mean Green

Greg Tepper: Another dreadful offensive showing, and you have to wonder how long Dan McCarney will stick with Josh Greer. Could the Dajon Williams Show be tuning up for its debut? It could provide a spark to the lifeless attack.

SMU Mustangs

Greg Tepper: The Tom Mason era begins in earnest on Saturday when the Ponies host Texas A&M. And while the Mustangs' chances of victory are slim, it'll be much more interesting to see what kind of fight the team puts up with a new man at the helm.

tee hee

DCTF's 2014 Texas College Power Poll — Week Eight

#
School
Week 7 Rank

Baylor Bears

EJ Holland: Can anyone win a shootout with Baylor? We’re not betting on it. The Bears scored 24 points in 11 minutes to complete an improbable comeback win over TCU and prove that they are the best team in Texas. A road contest in Norman against Oklahoma looms large. But for now, it’s clear who runs this state.

TCU Horned Frogs

Greg Tepper: What a gut-punch for TCU, and especially for the defensive-minded Gary Patterson. the Frogs were thisclose to making a national statement and taking a stranglehold on the Big 12, but they just couldn't find a stop at the end. All isn't lost, though: the Frogs can still win the conference. But that Baylor game is going to haunt them.

Texas A&M Aggies

Greg Tepper: While the A&M defense was performing arguably better than it has at any point this season, the Aggies offense couldn't find a way through the menacing Ole Miss defense. There's no shame in losing to the No. 1 and No. 3 teams in the nation, but A&M's flaws — linebacker play, inconsistency on the offensive line (surprisingly) and overall sloppiness — are clear. And things don't get easier, with trips to Tuscaloosa and Auburn looming.

Texas Longhorns

EJ Holland: Texas might be 2-4, but enough can’t be said about its defense. The Longhorns completely shut down Oklahoma in the first half of the Red River Showdown and did enough to come away with a victory. Heck, the offense even made improvements against the Sooners. But penalties, special teams and simple mental mistakes ruined their upset bid.

Texas State Bobcats

EJ Holland: The Bobcats didn’t play this weekend, but it’s clear they are the best non-Power Five team in the state. Texas State is downright explosive on offense, averaging 38.6 points per game. Remember, the Bobcats compete in the Sun Belt, so a conference championship isn’t totally out of the question.

Rice Owls

EJ Holland: After falling in its first three games, Rice has to feel better about itself. The Owls have rattled off three straight victories to get back to .500. The key to this turnaround? Defense. Rice was atrocious early on, but the Owls have made tremendous improvements thanks to defensive lineman Christian Covington. In the last two games, Rice has recorded 25 tackles for loss.

Houston Cougars

Greg Tepper: With a new, exciting, young and inexperienced quarterback at the helm in Greg Ward, it's up to the Coogs' defense to set up the offense to succeed. Last week's big road win over Memphis, in which the defense forced five turnovers, is a perfect example of that. Do that every week, and the wins will come regardless of who's taking the snaps.

Texas Tech Red Raiders

Greg Tepper: That sound you hear on the South Plains isn't the wind; it's thousands of Red Raiders fans letting out a groan. Beaten on a 55-yard field goal as the final gun sounded, Tech really gave away this game against West Virginia after leading by 14 late in the fourth quarter. And now they're in a pickle: Tech needs four more wins to get bowl-eligible, but where are they going to come from?

UTSA Roadrunners

EJ Holland: The Roadrunners finally got back on the right track with an ugly 16-13 win over Florida International. But there is still plenty to be worried about. UTSA still can’t get anything going on offense. The Roadrunners rank 102nd in passing yards, 109th in rushing yards and 112th in points per game. Yikes! The defense has played well, but how long can it hold up?

UTEP Miners

EJ Holland: The game plan for UTEP is simple: just run the darn ball. The Miners executed that in a 42-35 win over Old Dominion, as Aaron Jones rushed for more than 100 yards. The problem, again, was the defense, which allowed more than 350 yards of total offense. UTEP’s defense has been downright awful this year, giving up 37.7 points per game.

North Texas Mean Green

Greg Tepper: And the Mean Green go kersplat in Birmingham. The growing pains for QB Dajon Williams are clear, but it's time for the defense to make a stand and start setting the offense up for success. Otherwise, UNT is in danger of undoing much of the progress they made last season.

SMU Mustangs

Greg Tepper: After a week off, the Mustangs get ready for the second half of the season, with the first step getting one notch in the win column. It won't be easy — especially with their schedule — but in a lost season, progress is everything.

lolUteeheeSA

The Reckoning
10-18-2014, 03:18 PM

#
School
Week 3 Rank

t-1
Texas A&M Aggies
t-1

t-1
Baylor Bears
t-1

TCU Horned Frogs

UTSA Roadrunners

Rice Owls
t-6

Texas Longhorns
t-6

Texas Tech Red Raiders

Houston Cougars
t-6

Texas State Bobcats

UTEP Miners

North Texas Mean Green

SMU Mustangs

tee hee

DCTF's 2014 Texas College Power Poll — Week Eight

#
School
Week 7 Rank

Baylor Bears

EJ Holland: Can anyone win a shootout with Baylor? We’re not betting on it. The Bears scored 24 points in 11 minutes to complete an improbable comeback win over TCU and prove that they are the best team in Texas. A road contest in Norman against Oklahoma looms large. But for now, it’s clear who runs this state.

TCU Horned Frogs

Greg Tepper: What a gut-punch for TCU, and especially for the defensive-minded Gary Patterson. the Frogs were thisclose to making a national statement and taking a stranglehold on the Big 12, but they just couldn't find a stop at the end. All isn't lost, though: the Frogs can still win the conference. But that Baylor game is going to haunt them.

Texas A&M Aggies

Greg Tepper: While the A&M defense was performing arguably better than it has at any point this season, the Aggies offense couldn't find a way through the menacing Ole Miss defense. There's no shame in losing to the No. 1 and No. 3 teams in the nation, but A&M's flaws — linebacker play, inconsistency on the offensive line (surprisingly) and overall sloppiness — are clear. And things don't get easier, with trips to Tuscaloosa and Auburn looming.

Texas Longhorns

EJ Holland: Texas might be 2-4, but enough can’t be said about its defense. The Longhorns completely shut down Oklahoma in the first half of the Red River Showdown and did enough to come away with a victory. Heck, the offense even made improvements against the Sooners. But penalties, special teams and simple mental mistakes ruined their upset bid.

Texas State Bobcats

EJ Holland: The Bobcats didn’t play this weekend, but it’s clear they are the best non-Power Five team in the state. Texas State is downright explosive on offense, averaging 38.6 points per game. Remember, the Bobcats compete in the Sun Belt, so a conference championship isn’t totally out of the question.

Rice Owls

EJ Holland: After falling in its first three games, Rice has to feel better about itself. The Owls have rattled off three straight victories to get back to .500. The key to this turnaround? Defense. Rice was atrocious early on, but the Owls have made tremendous improvements thanks to defensive lineman Christian Covington. In the last two games, Rice has recorded 25 tackles for loss.

Houston Cougars

Greg Tepper: With a new, exciting, young and inexperienced quarterback at the helm in Greg Ward, it's up to the Coogs' defense to set up the offense to succeed. Last week's big road win over Memphis, in which the defense forced five turnovers, is a perfect example of that. Do that every week, and the wins will come regardless of who's taking the snaps.

Texas Tech Red Raiders

Greg Tepper: That sound you hear on the South Plains isn't the wind; it's thousands of Red Raiders fans letting out a groan. Beaten on a 55-yard field goal as the final gun sounded, Tech really gave away this game against West Virginia after leading by 14 late in the fourth quarter. And now they're in a pickle: Tech needs four more wins to get bowl-eligible, but where are they going to come from?

UTSA Roadrunners

EJ Holland: The Roadrunners finally got back on the right track with an ugly 16-13 win over Florida International. But there is still plenty to be worried about. UTSA still can’t get anything going on offense. The Roadrunners rank 102nd in passing yards, 109th in rushing yards and 112th in points per game. Yikes! The defense has played well, but how long can it hold up?

UTEP Miners

EJ Holland: The game plan for UTEP is simple: just run the darn ball. The Miners executed that in a 42-35 win over Old Dominion, as Aaron Jones rushed for more than 100 yards. The problem, again, was the defense, which allowed more than 350 yards of total offense. UTEP’s defense has been downright awful this year, giving up 37.7 points per game.

North Texas Mean Green

Greg Tepper: And the Mean Green go kersplat in Birmingham. The growing pains for QB Dajon Williams are clear, but it's time for the defense to make a stand and start setting the offense up for success. Otherwise, UNT is in danger of undoing much of the progress they made last season.

SMU Mustangs

Greg Tepper: After a week off, the Mustangs get ready for the second half of the season, with the first step getting one notch in the win column. It won't be easy — especially with their schedule — but in a lost season, progress is everything.

lolUteeheeSA

Pelicans78
10-18-2014, 03:23 PM
No great teams. TCU may be the best on a neutral field.

Avante
10-18-2014, 03:34 PM
No great teams. TCU may be the best on a neutral field.

I think ya nailed it.

Jack Hould
10-18-2014, 03:35 PM
Aggies aren't even in the top 50 when it comes to best football team in Texas.

Avante
10-18-2014, 03:45 PM
Aggies aren't even in the top 50 when it comes to best football team in Texas.

They have no business in the SEC.

Silver&Black
10-18-2014, 03:55 PM

That's a little premature....

Kermit
10-18-2014, 03:57 PM

No take-backs.

Avante
10-18-2014, 04:21 PM
That's a little premature....

How's that?

Silver&Black
10-18-2014, 04:24 PM
How's that?

Are you just going off this skull fucking to Bama today? Cause you (a football historian) of all people should know...if you haven't been skull fucked by Bammer before....you just simply haven't played in the SEC long enough.

Splits
10-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Florida Atlantic played a better game against Bama than Aggy :lmao

FkLA
10-18-2014, 04:35 PM
Pretty sad state of affairs in Austin when UT fan is resorting to lol'ing UTSA tbh.

Avante
10-18-2014, 04:40 PM
Are you just going off this skull fucking to Bama today? Cause you (a football historian) of all people should know...if you haven't been skull fucked by Bammer before....you just simply haven't played in the SEC long enough.

The thing is they are becoming less and less competitive vs SEC opposition. Why have to deal with...Ole Miss. MSU, Bama, Auburn, LSU when you can deal with Texas, Okie State, TT, Kansas instead?

Silver&Black
10-18-2014, 04:44 PM
The thing is they are becoming less and less competitive vs SEC opposition. Why have to deal with...Ole Miss. MSU, Bama, Auburn, LSU when you can deal with Texas, Okie State, TT, Kansas instead?

I'll agree with that.

I've been hesitant to say this.....but today just confirms my opinion. The Big 12 is a fucking joke. They're not the second best conference in america like I previously thought....the Pac-12 just jumped them imo.

Avante
10-18-2014, 05:14 PM
I'll agree with that.

I've been hesitant to say this.....but today just confirms my opinion. The Big 12 is a fucking joke. They're not the second best conference in america like I previously thought....the Pac-12 just jumped them imo.

Trying to win the recruiting battle vs SEC teams is a whole other deal than doing that vs the Big 12.

The Reckoning
10-18-2014, 05:17 PM
Pretty sad state of affairs in Austin when UT fan is resorting to lol'ing UTSA tbh.

that's ok number 9. we've all been there.

FkLA
10-18-2014, 05:24 PM
that's ok number 9. we've all been there.

Probably #10 after today tbh.

Still a sad state of affairs for UT, no?

The Reckoning
10-18-2014, 05:25 PM
Probably #10 after today tbh.

Still a sad state of affairs for UT, no?

actually UT has gotten better over the season so I'm not complaining

FkLA
10-18-2014, 05:30 PM
its gotten to the point being ok with moral victories?

lol UT

The Reckoning
10-18-2014, 05:52 PM
its gotten to the point being ok with moral victories?

lol UT

not really. Texas will be a great team in two years. you can hold me to that.

you really have no argument here either, so i wouldn't bother.

FkLA
10-18-2014, 07:46 PM
You have every possible advantage known to man and you are talking about 2 years from now?

lol UT

Clipper Nation
10-18-2014, 07:52 PM
You have every possible advantage known to man and you are talking about 2 years from now?

lol UT
Mack Brown leaving a dumpster fire behind for Strong = "every advantage known to man"?

FkLA
10-18-2014, 07:58 PM
^30 leg-humping posts per day

The Reckoning
10-18-2014, 08:20 PM
^30 leg-humping posts per day

not really he has a valid point. i know mack took over before you were born, but his first couple of seasons weren't all sunshine and rainbows.

unlike aggies, utsa fans, okie fans, tech fans, etc etc, UT fans have patience and have been consistent on this board for years despite their record.

FkLA
10-18-2014, 08:31 PM
Oh poor UT they only have the biggest budget and top recruiting classes year in and year out. If only more schools had to deal with that. :cry

The Reckoning
10-18-2014, 08:34 PM
Oh poor UT they only have the biggest budget and top recruiting classes year in and year out. If only more schools had to deal with that. :cry

This post reeks of jealousy tbh. Just telling you how it is. The team this year is much more entertaining to watch than the past few years, regardless of win or loss. They play hard. That's all I care about.

FkLA
10-18-2014, 08:41 PM
Nope I'm fine with what my school does given its circumstances. I was just getting a laugh out of the 'tough times' UT needs 2 years to get over.

Blake
10-18-2014, 09:57 PM
I'll agree with that.

meh. apart from the SEC West, which conference isn't a joke?

Silver&Black
10-18-2014, 10:11 PM
meh. apart from the SEC West, which conference isn't a joke?

Touche....