PDA

View Full Version : Ha ha NBA

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2014, 09:47 PM
:toast

DPG21920
06-26-2014, 10:57 PM
I don't get why SA fans would complain about this pick?? If you were to tell me pre-draft that SA could get Anderson at 30 I would have signed up right away even if I'm not sold on him.

Salty
06-26-2014, 11:04 PM
I don't get why SA fans would complain about this pick?? If you were to tell me pre-draft that SA could get Anderson at 30 I would have signed up right away even if I'm not sold on him.

I mean, it's Spurstalk.

baseline bum
06-26-2014, 11:06 PM

I'm not sure whether he makes it, but I fucking love Kyle Anderson. When UCLA had that ridiculous freshman class of Shabazz Muhammad, Tony Parker, and Kyle Anderson, Anderson was far and away the best player on the team, and the only thing that kept it from blowing up when the overhyped Muhammad and Parker flamed out.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2014, 11:07 PM
ROFL. Spurs with the domestic draft.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2014, 11:07 PM
Starting the new trend.

06-26-2014, 11:18 PM
10/10 thread OP

DPG21920
06-26-2014, 11:34 PM
I also know that it is highly unlikely the Spurs view KA as an immediate fill in for Boris, but if they truly feel he was a lottery level talent in this draft, it makes the cap space scenario interesting to ponder. Spurs would have to be willing to let Boris/Patty go, but that would be interesting to say the least.

Obviously not the likely scenario, but unlike teams like HOU that rely on moves somewhat out of their control to creat cap space, cap space for the Spurs is completely under their control.

TheGoldStandard
06-26-2014, 11:39 PM
I also know that it is highly unlikely the Spurs view KA as an immediate fill in for Boris, but if they truly feel he was a lottery level talent in this draft, it makes the cap space scenario interesting to ponder. Spurs would have to be willing to let Boris/Patty go, but that would be interesting to say the least.

Obviously not the likely scenario, but unlike teams like HOU that rely on moves somewhat out of their control to creat cap space, cap space for the Spurs is completely under their control.

Anderson is a solution to a potential problem in 2 seasons but he's able to learn the Spurs system, will be a possible cog during the regular season when they need to rest players..

spurs1990
06-26-2014, 11:40 PM
I'm not sure whether he makes it, but I fucking love Kyle Anderson. When UCLA had that ridiculous freshman class of Shabazz Muhammad, Tony Parker, and Kyle Anderson, Anderson was far and away the best player on the team, and the only thing that kept it from blowing up when the overhyped Muhammad and Parker flamed out.

What happened with Tony though? I heard alot about that guy during those recruiting days.

T Park
06-26-2014, 11:46 PM
Anderson is a solution to a potential problem in 2 seasons but he's able to learn the Spurs system, will be a possible cog during the regular season when they need to rest players..

Spot on 100%. I think he gets early and quite a bit of playing time from October through January.

DPG21920
06-26-2014, 11:49 PM

Agreed - was just saying a potential ramification of the draft. Spurs may think Pau+Anderson is better than Boris+Patty. Unlikely, but possible as an example.

TheGoldStandard
06-26-2014, 11:52 PM
Agreed - was just saying a potential ramification of the draft. Spurs may think Pau+Anderson is better than Boris+Patty. Unlikely, but possible as an example.

I'm completely sold on the idea that the Spurs will go over the cap to keep Diaw and Mills, they're still thinking they can strike while the iron is hot and the #30 pick is only what 850k? If they have to they'll cut Daye or try to move Ayres.

Chinook
06-26-2014, 11:55 PM
TGS is spot on, in my opinion. Anderson gives the Spurs another ball-handler for the second unit, which takes pressure off Manu and provides someone with whom Mills can grow. Also, it allows Diaw to start more often, if that is indeed the direction in which the Spurs go. From what I hear, Anderson can knock down open jumpers, so it's not like he needs to be on the ball all the time. I also love his potential on second penetration off kick-outs or as the safety valve in the PnR similar to what Diaw was against the Heat.

The Spurs' future just got more dynamic.

DPG21920
06-26-2014, 11:58 PM
I'm completely sold on the idea that the Spurs will go over the cap to keep Diaw and Mills, they're still thinking they can strike while the iron is hot and the #30 pick is only what 850k? If they have to they'll cut Daye or try to move Ayres.

They might have to go over the cap to sign Patty/Boris, but might not have to. Market is cloudy on those two IMO. It's the most likely they go that route and use MLE to improve, but again, just hypothetically, the can easily go cap space route (just means losing Boris/Patty more than likely).

Not likely, just a side convo.

T Park
06-26-2014, 11:59 PM
If they resign Patty and Boris, they can use the MLE, but, on who?

TheGoldStandard
06-27-2014, 12:00 AM
TGS is spot on, in my opinion. Anderson gives the Spurs another ball-handler for the second unit, which takes pressure off Manu and provides someone with whom Mills can grow. Also, it allows Diaw to start more often, if that is indeed the direction in which the Spurs go. From what I hear, Anderson can knock down open jumpers, so it's not like he needs to be on the ball all the time. I also love his potential on second penetration off kick-outs or as the safety valve in the PnR similar to what Diaw was against the Heat.

The Spurs' future just got more dynamic.

48% from the arc this past season and hoping that Chip comes back, he should improve his stroke. He has a high release which serves him since he doesn't get off the ground much.

TheGoldStandard
06-27-2014, 12:05 AM

Aminu, Marion, Gasol, who knows

DPG21920
06-27-2014, 12:05 AM

Not sure specifically based on anything credible, but it's obviously a powerful tool to have in order to improve on an already great team (assuming Patty/Boris come back). But some candidates might be (with little thought to what they might command in real life):

Blatche
McRoberts
Frye
Livingston

DPG21920
06-27-2014, 12:07 AM
So the fact the Spurs can re-sign Boris/Patty while adding Anderson and having MLE as well is what makes that scenario more likely, but depending on FA and what the Spurs value, they can easily go the cap space route too which was my point.

Ron Swanson
06-27-2014, 12:11 AM

Yep. Good post.

T Park
06-27-2014, 12:15 AM
Not sure specifically based on anything credible, but it's obviously a powerful tool to have in order to improve on an already great team (assuming Patty/Boris come back). But some candidates might be (with little thought to what they might command in real life):

Blatche
McRoberts
Frye
Livingston

I can see McRoberts and Frye. Don't see where Livingston or Blatche fit in.

T Park
06-27-2014, 12:17 AM
Aminu, Marion, Gasol, who knows

I don't see Gasol at all in SA. No playing time at all unless you bench splitter or Diaw or Duncan. Unless you plan on sitting Duncan for weeks at a time and Diaw as well.

DPG21920
06-27-2014, 12:17 AM

IMO - Blatche for a part of or even full MLE is a tremendous fit. Livingston is just someone I threw out there (another ball handler/unique player & allows for trade of some guards).

T Park
06-27-2014, 12:18 AM
IMO - Blatche for a part of or even full MLE is a tremendous fit. Livingston is just someone I threw out there (another ball handler/unique player & allows for trade of some guards).

I don't see where the playing time for Blatche is. Plus he's a dumb player and I just don't see that type playing here anymore.

TheGoldStandard
06-27-2014, 12:18 AM

Frye would be Pop's wet dream, a 5 who shoots the long ball.

TheGoldStandard
06-27-2014, 12:19 AM
I don't see Gasol at all in SA. No playing time at all unless you bench splitter or Diaw or Duncan. Unless you plan on sitting Duncan for weeks at a time and Diaw as well.

Gasol is a stretch but I'd love them to bring over Aminu, he shouldn't cost that much. Just the potential.