PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Lakers Reasons For Choosing Randle

Buddy Mignon
06-26-2014, 10:58 PM
Let me start off by saying we had a chance to get the second coming of Hakeem (Vonleh) and stuck our finger up our asses. Right now I'm so pissed at these idiots. Randle will not be a star in this league. He needs surgery, and his game is extremely limited!!! He struggled to get his shot off at the college level and it will only get worse at the pro level. He reminds me of a Ron Artest lite. Get a laugh at this...

"Randle was confident that if surgery is required, it would sideline him for less than the six-month timeline that Kupchak alluded to."
"I know if I do do a surgery or anything, I'll be ready way before the start of the season, by training camp," Randle said. "But we'll discuss what's best for me and what the risk is."

The Lakers were also enamored by another freshman in Indiana's Noah Vonleh (http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2010&playerId=19904), and Louisiana-Lafayette's Elfrid Payton (http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2010&playerId=20030), who were both still on the board when L.A. drafted, but ultimately went with Randle, who impressed the Lakers' front office during his solo workout leading up to the draft.
In particular, Randle turned heads with his tenacity in a game of one-on-one against Lakers assistant coach Mark Madsen, followed by two-on-two against members of the Lakers' support staff.
"Once he realized what was going on, his competitive juices really started to flow and it was very impressive what kicked in," Kupchak said.

Why do I deserve this shit??? I mean... this shit ain't rocket science... you pick the best players based off what you've seen and you run with it. Randle was good in college but his style of wild force play will not fly in the NBA. And why don't we have a fucking coach already. Can someone explain that to me? Is there some top secret shit going on... FUCK!!!

Thread
06-26-2014, 11:00 PM
Let me start off by saying we had a chance to get the second coming of Hakeem (Vonleh) and stuck our finger up our asses.

I'm goin' to take a nap.

Night fellows.

midnightpulp
06-26-2014, 11:05 PM
Let me start off by saying we had a chance to get the second coming of Hakeem (Vonleh) and stuck our finger up our asses. Right now I'm so pissed at these idiots. Randle will not be a star in this league. He needs surgery, and his game is extremely limited!!! He struggled to get his shot off at the college level and it will only get worse at the pro level. He reminds me of a Ron Artest lite. Get a laugh at this...

"Randle was confident that if surgery is required, it would sideline him for less than the six-month timeline that Kupchak alluded to."
"I know if I do do a surgery or anything, I'll be ready way before the start of the season, by training camp," Randle said. "But we'll discuss what's best for me and what the risk is."

The Lakers were also enamored by another freshman in Indiana's Noah Vonleh (http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2010&playerId=19904), and Louisiana-Lafayette's Elfrid Payton (http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2010&playerId=20030), who were both still on the board when L.A. drafted, but ultimately went with Randle, who impressed the Lakers' front office during his solo workout leading up to the draft.
In particular, Randle turned heads with his tenacity in a game of one-on-one against Lakers assistant coach Mark Madsen, followed by two-on-two against members of the Lakers' support staff.
"Once he realized what was going on, his competitive juices really started to flow and it was very impressive what kicked in," Kupchak said.

Why do I deserve this shit??? I mean... this shit ain't rocket science... you pick the best players based off what you've seen and you run with it. Randle was good in college but his style of wild force play will not fly in the NBA. And why don't we have a fucking coach already. Can someone explain that to me? Is there some top secret shit going on... FUCK!!!

That's a legit worry. He barely broke 50% in college and shot below 50% in conference play. Other college bigs of his type (Cousins, Davis, Griffin etc) shoot well over 50%. Lack of a jumper is also concerning. He's got nice footwork and some athleticism, though. He's a project right now.

You don't have a coach because Mitch has stated that he wants to build the roster first and then hire the best coach that is compatible with said roster.

Koolaid_Man
06-26-2014, 11:05 PM

It would have been a disaster had we not picked JR...Vonleh is nice but JR will be much more impactful he's a solid player if we hire a competent coach....If we add Melo and Lowry we'll have a soild core

Koolaid_Man
06-26-2014, 11:08 PM
and Luva why pick a coach now when you have several big name FA's on the market....I'm feeling good tonight and I haven't in over 2 yrs..well with the except of fucking and jacking off

KaiRMD1
06-26-2014, 11:27 PM
He needs surgery? Sounds like the perfect Laker, fits right there with Kobe & Nash

Buddy Mignon
06-26-2014, 11:39 PM
That's a legit worry. He barely broke 50% in college and shot below 50% in conference play. Other college bigs of his type (Cousins, Davis, Griffin etc) shoot well over 50%. Lack of a jumper is also concerning. He's got nice footwork and some athleticism, though. He's a project right now.

You don't have a coach because Mitch has stated that he wants to build the roster first and then hire the best coach that is compatible with said roster.

No jumper, and you neutralize his strength and he doesn't even get his shot off. High energy player that could come off the bench, but far from a guy you build your team around.

Buddy Mignon
06-26-2014, 11:43 PM
It would have been a disaster had we not picked JR...Vonleh is nice but JR will be much more impactful he's a solid player if we hire a competent coach....If we add Melo and Lowry we'll have a soild core

It was a wasted pick, man. He's nothing but another Derrick Caracter (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/caracde01.html).

ironman2886
06-26-2014, 11:44 PM
This guy will be able to limit Randle tbh.

http://delifreshthreads.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/matt-bonner-sandwich.jpg

Koolaid_Man
06-26-2014, 11:49 PM
No jumper, and you neutralize his strength and he doesn't even get his shot off. High energy player that could come off the bench, but far from a guy you build your team around.

You're not factoring his mobility and ability to finish at the rim..you're sounding like he's Kendrick Perkins....he has a very strong low post game...the college game is much faster than the NBA and I think his game will be perfect for NBA speed. he's the highest pick since Worthy so you better believe we're going all out to ensure he develops properly...top 3 picks usually aren't all that great anyway

Splits
06-26-2014, 11:51 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3777753/RussSLAM.gif

daslicer
06-27-2014, 12:19 AM
Let me start off by saying we had a chance to get the second coming of Hakeem (Vonleh) and stuck our finger up our asses.

The Hornets are my home team so I like to see them do well but do you really believe Vonleh can be as good as you described. Next Hakeem seems like a huge stretch. I have heard this guy is a cross between Bosh and Aldridge. TBH i haven't watched him in college so I don't know his potential.

TheGoldStandard
06-27-2014, 12:22 AM
Vonleh looks super soft. As for Randle, he's gonna be better than Sacre

Axegrinder
06-27-2014, 12:49 AM
Kool trying/failing to spin this shit..sorry turd, your team blew it again:downspin:

Buddy Mignon
06-27-2014, 01:04 AM
The Hornets are my home team so I like to see them do well but do you really believe Vonleh can be as good as you described. Next Hakeem seems like a huge stretch. I have heard this guy is a cross between Bosh and Aldridge. TBH i haven't watched him in college so I don't know his potential.

He's much tougher than Bosh and Aldridge. He has a natural ability to catch and finish in traffic. Gets after it on defense. Can handle the ball great from a true PF. He already has 20ft range. Comparing him to the Hakeem we saw dominate the league for so long is a stretch, but go back to Hakeem's college footage and then do your comparison. Hakeem had that raw explosiveness at an early age, which this kid doesn't have, but the way he moves, and his comfort level when he gets the ball in the paint reminds me of a young Hakeem. Take notice of how easy he uses his jump hook with either hand. A lost art in the NBA.

IqtlJ0fP_wA

Buddy Mignon
06-27-2014, 01:16 AM
You're not factoring his mobility and ability to finish at the rim..you're sounding like he's Kendrick Perkins....he has a very strong low post game...the college game is much faster than the NBA and I think his game will be perfect for NBA speed. he's the highest pick since Worthy so you better believe we're going all out to ensure he develops properly...top 3 picks usually aren't all that great anyway

He's explosive... extremely explosive. But he's an undersized PF that won't be able to use that explosiveness unless he develops a good 18fter. For a team that's in win now mode I'm wondering why we even drafted.

100%duncan
06-27-2014, 01:20 AM
His last jumpshot was on february :lmao

kobe4life
06-27-2014, 02:06 AM
This is great pick this guy could end up going down as the greatest PF of all time. This will happen if he listens to God and allow God to show him how to win games.

AchillesHeel
06-27-2014, 02:42 AM
OP is a major faggot, Vonleh is a poor man's Chris Bosh.

RsxPiimp
06-27-2014, 03:08 AM
you can never, ever go by draft workout but i saw this video a few days ago. I was hoping we don't pick vonleh since, this dude sucks

http://youtu.be/wpD09dqntZs?t=2m49s

randle

http://youtu.be/Q4KhsqCdOvw

Raven
06-27-2014, 07:36 AM
they wanted another jordan hill ed davis type i guess..

Killakobe81
06-27-2014, 08:17 AM
I wasnt very impressed with Randle at times last year. at others he was man among boys. Knew we would suck, so I watched more college games than any year since my BRUINS had Love, Russ Farmar and Collison. I also went back and watched plenty of HS all-star games and showcases. Randle is a beast who really hasnt been able to show his full game. No he is NOT Blake Griffin, he lacks elite explosion. but he does have a handle and a better post game at the same stage in their careers. I at least see a bigger David West (hornets version) or a at best a more athletic ZBo either way it's a solid piece. Can you build around him? No. But I am not 100% you can build around any of these guys. With Embidds injury, Parker's weight issues and Wiggins lack of assertiveness I wouldnt build around any of the guys in this draft. I just dont see a Ant davis, Durant, Lebron or even Blake in this bunch. I absolutely 100% would trade Randle for KL (what a 15th pick?). But would rather have him than almost everyone from last year's draft and everyone in this one except Wiggins/Parker and MAYBE Exum. Lakers got a top 4 player in a deep draft. Vonleh loved his measurables but I saw him play vs. Michigan who lacked bigs and kid could not dominate. He reminds me of a less aggressive Ibaka but Ibaka hasnt even proved capable of being a reliable #3 option on a contender. I think Randle can at least do that.

DMC
06-27-2014, 09:29 AM

That's fucked up. You get a coach and build your roster to his blueprint. What Mitch means is he's trying to find a coach who can tolerate Kobe. The rest of the roster is just clay, but Kobe is a hard turd, non-pliable, and he comes out when he's ready and often does more harm than good.

TDMVPDPOY
06-27-2014, 09:38 AM
kirby destroying ppls careers, just like those dleague players for the lakers last seaosn

those season ticket holders have nothing to do with those tickets already paid for, might as well go to staples and take a shit use up the toiletries cosign by kirbys 48.5m

lefty
06-27-2014, 10:04 AM
reasons for picking him : basketball reasons

spurraider21
07-23-2014, 12:42 PM
:lol

lefty
10-29-2014, 08:39 AM
He needs surgery? Sounds like the perfect Laker, fits right there with Kobe & Nash
:lol bump imo

midnightpulp
07-14-2015, 11:59 PM
Luva

Vonleh is looking real good in SL.

Buddy Mignon
07-15-2015, 12:03 AM
Luva

Vonleh is looking real good in SL.

He was hurt last year and I stand by my pick. Vonleh was the best big in the draft that I saw.

midnightpulp
07-15-2015, 12:07 AM
He was hurt last year and I stand by my pick. Vonleh was the best big in the draft that I saw.

You're correct. And all the reasons you cited that would cause Randle to struggle in the NBA are rearing their heads: Undersized, no length, no jumper, limited offensive game that consists of rushing to the basket.

Mitch should move him while he has a bit of perceived value left.

Splits
07-15-2015, 12:16 AM
Damn, Naruto nailed this.

Buddy Mignon
07-15-2015, 12:22 AM
You're correct. And all the reasons you cited that would cause Randle to struggle in the NBA are rearing their heads: Undersized, no length, no jumper, limited offensive game that consists of rushing to the basket.

Mitch should move him while he has a bit of perceived value left.

He has this double clutch when he shoots in traffic that causes him to miss easy chip shots. I wish him well but at best I see him as a Draymond Green. Oh... and I would have let Green walk before I dished out a max deal for that pussy. His numbers suck.

Buddy Mignon
07-15-2015, 12:23 AM
Damn, Naruto nailed this.

Boy... I nail every fucking thing. Including that Latin brunette you're gonna owe me in about 9 months.