PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: So what will the mavs

m>s
06-26-2014, 11:10 PM
Actually end up doing with all that cap space? Are the big names like Lebron and melo an honest possibility or a pipe dream? Will they sign parsons or Lowry? Or worse end up settling for luol deng and some other scrub?

btw deng is a terrible fit, not a good enough shooter to open spacing for monte and possibly Devin

Koolaid_Man
06-26-2014, 11:12 PM
The Mavs big night consists of Ray Dough Boy Felton :lmao:lmao

IrisHockey
i'd rather make a run at Pierce than Deng.. so overrated..

HemisfairArena
Mavs are in the same spot the Lakers are. Big market. Old Super Star. Both teams are a long shot to land guys like Melo or LeBron.

IrisHockey
06-26-2014, 11:13 PM
Mavs are in the same spot the Lakers are.

:lol just stop talking basketball.

HemisfairArena
06-26-2014, 11:14 PM
:lol just stop talking basketball.

No, Iris.

IrisHockey
06-26-2014, 11:15 PM
A 5-6 seed in the west that has one of the top coaches in the game, an actual system, players that compliment each other fairly well, and took the champs to 7 games is at the same spot the dysfunctional Lakers are? What the fuck :lmao?

m>s
06-26-2014, 11:16 PM
i'd rather make a run at Pierce than Deng.. so overrated..
Lowry and pierce? Didn't pierce look like dogshit this year tho

IrisHockey
06-26-2014, 11:17 PM
Lowry and pierce? Didn't pierce look like dogshit this year tho

He can fit right into the system, always a threat in crunch time..

I think he's an upgrade over Carter at the right price..

HemisfairArena
06-26-2014, 11:18 PM
A 5-6 seed in the west that has one of the top coaches in the game, an actual system, players that compliment each other fairly well, and took the champs to 7 games is at the same spot the dysfunctional Lakers are? What the fuck :lmao?

Did you know Iris is the greek word for rainbow,,,is that why you picked it. Is there something you need to get off your chest?

IrisHockey
06-26-2014, 11:19 PM
Did you know Iris is the greek word for rainbow,,,is that why you picked it. Is there something you need to get off your chest?

:lmao this goy throwing out one of the worst takes on the forum, now trying to spin the attention on me..

HemisfairArena
06-26-2014, 11:21 PM
:lmao this goy throwing out one of the worst takes on the forum, now trying to spin the attention on me..

I always throw out the worst takes,,,did I hit a nerve?

m>s
06-26-2014, 11:21 PM
I've been hearing talk on the other forums of dumping wrights salary and Felton possibly not picking up his player option or something, we need a pg badly I'd love to have Lowry if we can't get melo

ElNono
06-26-2014, 11:22 PM
Cubes needs to eject Felton quickly. Hopefully for a passable PG. Then go all out on Melo. I think big daddy Chandler can help courting him.

m>s
06-26-2014, 11:24 PM
Another question, do Marion Harris and carter all 3 sign for the min and ring chase? Or any combination of the 3? All 3 would be crucial to filling out the roster if we spent every dime on melo and had to fill out the rest with minimum contracts

IrisHockey
06-26-2014, 11:24 PM
Best case scenario right now, assuming Melo goes to CHI, Lowry is signed and Vince returns on the minimum to fill the SF spot

and yeah Harris is likely coming back

m>s
06-26-2014, 11:26 PM
Best case scenario right now, assuming Melo goes to CHI, Lowry is signed and Vince returns on the minimum to fill the SF spot
I don't think u win a title with that, Vince needs to provide scoring off the bench he's too old to ask him to fill a starting role and play all those minutes. He's still serviceable but in a certain role

IrisHockey
06-26-2014, 11:28 PM
Yup but it's either get Deng and have a terrible PG rotation of Harris/Felton or sign Lowry, and then hope VC and Marion come back on the minimum..

KaiRMD1
06-26-2014, 11:33 PM
I can't believe those fucks traded Calderon for Felton. I understand there were other players but Calderon for Felton!?!? Mavs management never ceases to amaze me

ElNono
06-26-2014, 11:40 PM
The PG spot doesn't need to be dominant, tbh... look at both the Spurs last run, with a mediocre Parker, or even Miami last couple of runs with Chalmers and Cole. You only need a serviceable PG...

What you absolutely need is a loaded wing. SF is the toughest matchup position in the game right now, with Lebron, Durant, Melo... even Kiwi. You need a player there that can defend and also provide some offense as PF in a small-ball lineup.

Marion used to be that guy, but he's way over the hill. I think the Mavs will have to upgrade that position and let Marion be the backup. Melo would fit there, but if they can't get him, they need to find somebody.

Franklin
06-27-2014, 01:47 AM
I can't believe those fucks traded Calderon for Felton. I understand there were other players but Calderon for Felton!?!? Mavs management never ceases to amaze me
we traded Calderon and trashes for Big Daddy TC you sorry carbombing fuck, fatass Felton is just a filler who's likely to get cut and who will probably never get a Mavs jersey for free. Having TC back alone justifies it all imho.

Franklin
06-27-2014, 01:51 AM
If we could sign Melo or Lebron I envision many solid ring-hunting veterans (VC, Devin, Marion and possibly many others) would beat down our door for minimum contract offers. So the top priority is definitely the pursuit of the biggest name in the market imho, because if we get him or even them it'd lead to many competitive veterans willingly accepting your minimum offers. It's a chain effect imho.

KaiRMD1
06-27-2014, 02:28 AM
we traded Calderon and trashes for Big Daddy TC you sorry carbombing fuck, fatass Felton is just a filler who's likely to get cut and who will probably never get a Mavs jersey for free. Having TC back alone justifies it all imho.

You do know he is not the same TC that he once was, right? But it's cool, I'll let you believe he is.

FkLA
06-27-2014, 02:28 AM
Dirk's knees are shot. The Mavs have no chance at being contenders next year unless they somehow land Bron, which wont happen--even Melo is a huge pipedream tbh.

Franklin
06-27-2014, 03:39 AM
You do know he is not the same TC that he once was, right? But it's cool, I'll let you believe he is.
You can thank God TC plays in Dallas not San Antonio or wherever you and your wife live. You might think him different than 2011 but your wife doesn't think so, he's the big daddy TC to all local bitches for EVER!

After all TC is only 31yr old and he's about 7yrs younger than Duncan. It was Amare who sucked major asses and held TC back imho. TC just needs the right companion who has all-round skills (like Dirk and the prime David West) and he'll be the same beast on the court as the one you see in your wife's bed tbh.

Findog
06-27-2014, 02:24 PM
The Spurs win a title playing some gorgeous team ball and half the teams in the league respond by trying to sign Melo?

Can somebody explain that to me?

FYM
06-27-2014, 03:40 PM
The PG spot doesn't need to be dominant, tbh... look at both the Spurs last run, with a mediocre Parker, or even Miami last couple of runs with Chalmers and Cole. You only need a serviceable PG...

wut ? :lol

jag
06-27-2014, 04:15 PM
look at both the Spurs last run, with a mediocre Parker

You ungrateful son of a bitch.

Thebesteva
06-27-2014, 04:17 PM
No one wants to play in Dallas tbh. Nowitzki is fading and Cuban proved to blow up his championship rosters. Unloyal

Axegrinder
06-27-2014, 04:31 PM
No one wants to play in Dallas tbh. Nowitzki is fading and Cuban proved to blow up his championship rosters. Unloyalinteresting take considering your Kobe blew up Lakers chances at building a contender with that laughable contract dumbass:downspin:

IrisHockey
06-27-2014, 04:34 PM
Parker's advanced stats in the playoff run were pretty fucking atrocious for a star PG.

Thebesteva
06-27-2014, 04:36 PM
interesting take considering your Kobe blew up Lakers chances at building a contender with that laughable contract dumbass:downspin:

Didnt mention anything about the Lakers tbh, just stating facts about the Mavs.

DMC
06-27-2014, 04:51 PM
Actually end up doing with all that cap space? Are the big names like Lebron and melo an honest possibility or a pipe dream? Will they sign parsons or Lowry? Or worse end up settling for luol deng and some other scrub?

btw deng is a terrible fit, not a good enough shooter to open spacing for monte and possibly Devin

I think Cubes might have gained a bad rep by blowing up a championship team. A superstar comes to a team because he wants to win, if the money is the same, and to think one title and you're done because you'll be released or your teammates will be traded away like Kizzy Kinte. That's hard.

Franklin
06-27-2014, 05:54 PM
The Spurs win a title playing some gorgeous team ball and half the teams in the league respond by trying to sign Melo?

Can somebody explain that to me?
There're quite some big name players in the league but very few coaches who can brew such gorgeous team ball. We're lucky enough to have Carlisle imho, just give him some more time and we'll have the same awesome team ball as Pop's Spurs tbh.

KaiRMD1
06-27-2014, 05:58 PM
You can thank God TC plays in Dallas not San Antonio or wherever you and your wife live. You might think him different than 2011 but your wife doesn't think so, he's the big daddy TC to all local bitches for EVER!

After all TC is only 31yr old and he's about 7yrs younger than Duncan. It was Amare who sucked major asses and held TC back imho. TC just needs the right companion who has all-round skills (like Dirk and the prime David West) and he'll be the same beast on the court as the one you see in your wife's bed tbh.

Daisy wouldn't be interested in a brute, she likes men of a proper upbringing

Thread
06-27-2014, 10:12 PM
There're quite some big name players in the league but very few coaches who can brew such gorgeous team ball. We're lucky enough to have Carlisle imho, just give him some more time and we'll have the same awesome team ball as Pop's Spurs tbh.

He's had 3 years to parrot the Spurs and he ain't got a pot to piss in & a window to throw it out of to show for it. He didn't let go of the wheel, but, he certainly fell asleep at it.

HemisfairArena
06-27-2014, 10:17 PM
Mav fans are funny as hell. They continue to get trolled by Cuban and big time free agents. Remember when they thought they would land DWill and Howard and both of them shit on the Mavs? Now they think they can land Melo or LeBron? LMAO,,,,its like they never learn.

Thread
06-27-2014, 10:22 PM
Mav fans are funny as hell. They continue to get trolled by Cuban and big time free agents. Remember when they thought they would land DWill and Howard and both of them shit on the Mavs? Now they think they can land Melo or LeBron? LMAO,,,,its like they never learn.

A fortnight ago you were lower than skunk shit. You were virtually self packed, Hemi. People who live in glass houses shouldn't show their ass.

HemisfairArena
06-27-2014, 10:25 PM
A fortnight ago you were lower than skunk shit. You were virtually self packed, Hemi. People who live in glass houses shouldn't show their ass.

No offense to skunk shit,,,

Thread
06-27-2014, 10:29 PM
No offense to skunk shit,,,

How does it feel to be Champ?

HemisfairArena
06-27-2014, 10:32 PM
How does it feel to be Champ?

I've never been a champ of anything in my life and I'm not about to start now.

Thread
06-27-2014, 10:35 PM
I've never been a champ of anything in my life and I'm not about to start now.

I'll bother you no further.

ElNono
06-27-2014, 10:37 PM
wut ? :lol

You ungrateful son of a bitch.

Calling a spade a spade. Compared to 2012-2013... he was was mediocre. Just like Manu was mediocre in 2012-2013, but had a bounce back year last season. There's no need to sugarcoat it.