PDA

View Full Version : Spurs FO wasting another loaded draft

playbonner15
06-26-2014, 11:33 PM
:bang Not drafting an athletic black defender
:bang Not addressing what the team needs (someone who can go toe-to-toe with Iblacka)
:bang Wasting Timmy and Manu's last year

TheGoldStandard
06-26-2014, 11:34 PM
Better sign bonner to a legacy deal

ChumpDumper
06-26-2014, 11:34 PM
in before someone takes it seriously.

TheGreatYacht
06-26-2014, 11:36 PM
CJ Fair and Patric Young

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2014, 11:37 PM

Where is "Athletic black defender?"

Ron Swanson
06-26-2014, 11:42 PM
18-64 next season and the future doesn't look too promising. Kawhi will probably hold off on an extension and leave.

playbonner15
06-26-2014, 11:43 PM
CJ Fair and Patric Young
This tbh. SMH

Chinook
06-26-2014, 11:44 PM
I have no idea why people were so keen on getting a small-forward in this draft. It simply wasn't a need with Green and Leonard on board and numerous prospects overseas. I'm ecstatic about the Anderson pick. I would have liked to see Micic and Birch in the second round, but what can you do?

tholdren
06-26-2014, 11:46 PM
in before someone takes it seriously.
oh the irony

ChumpDumper
06-26-2014, 11:47 PM
oh the ironyYou weren't serious about your draft grade?

Noted.

therealtruth
06-26-2014, 11:57 PM
He's a Bonner replacement.

ChumpDumper
06-26-2014, 11:59 PM
He's a Bonner replacement.Roster-spot wise maybe. I don't think he took enough threes to say he could replace Matt's shooting though. It would be hard to turn down another year of Bonner for the minimum.

BatManu20
06-27-2014, 12:04 AM
I have no idea why people were so keen on getting a small-forward in this draft. It simply wasn't a need with Green and Leonard on board and numerous prospects overseas. I'm ecstatic about the Anderson pick. I would have liked to see Micic and Birch in the second round, but what can you do?

You'll notice most the people complaining about this pick are the same people whoe conplain about everything on ST and don't get it. Pay it no mind.

Taking it to the Hole
06-27-2014, 12:04 AM
:bang Not addressing what the team needs (someone who can go toe-to-toe with Iblacka)

I suppose we should have traded half the team for an unproven Wiggins or Parker?

TheGreatYacht
06-27-2014, 12:07 AM
I suppose we should have traded half the team for an unproven Wiggins or Parker?
That's exactly what we should've done. Goodbye Splitter, Ayres, Joseph, Daye, Deshaun Thomas, Denmon, Jean-Charles, Anderson

Hello Embiid

Taking it to the Hole
06-27-2014, 12:09 AM
CJ Fair and Patric Young

I wanted Patric Young as well but if I am correct, I don't even know if he got drafted so he may still have a shot of making a roster on a NBA team but more than likely he is going to head overseas if no one bites. Too bad because the guy has a lot of potential. Maybe the Spurs saw something nobody else did because I would rather have seen us use a second round pick on him rather than getting another Euro and stashing them. I am losing track of how many Euros we have overseas.

therealtruth
06-27-2014, 12:19 AM

It is overlooked the impact of having athletic black defenders has done for our defense. The key is to get ones that are also smart basketball players.

DrunkTXLabrat
06-27-2014, 12:33 AM
i think the spurs missed on Tavares. That dude looks like a nightmare. And a Bogdan trade shouldn't have been impossible. Manu and Tim need really young apprentices, imo. But i'm happy about Anderson. I thought he woulda been off the board by 30.

dg7md
06-27-2014, 12:34 AM

I agree, picking a passer and shooter at SG is what we need once Manu retires.

anakha
06-27-2014, 12:37 AM
...and there's the second thread. Serious thread or not, it counts. :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-27-2014, 12:38 AM

Fucktard says fucktard things.

Carry on.

davidbowie
06-27-2014, 01:05 AM
Remember when we won the championship? That ruled

100%duncan
06-27-2014, 01:08 AM
Lol op is a faggot

playbonner15
06-27-2014, 02:03 AM
...and there's the second thread. Serious thread or not, it counts. :lol
Not really a serious post :lol but the Ibaka stopper has merit

kobyz
06-27-2014, 05:41 AM
Not really a serious post :lol but the Ibaka stopper has merit

seriously, if Spurs want an answer for Ibaka they must sign Paul Pierce as a Bonner upgrade, against Ibaka you need someone who can take him out of the lane defensivley with a three point shot, on defense Pierce will have no problem cause Ibaka not a post player... next year if we face the Thunder in the playoff, that matchup going to be scary hard, we must sign Paul Pierce, especially for that matchup!

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-27-2014, 07:27 AM

Where is "Athletic black defender?"

I thought the Spurs already two of those in Kawhi and Green. I am telling you, people think the Spurs are going to get the next Lebron with the 30 pick.

Ibaka stopper. Refresh my memory, but didn't the Spurs just beat OKC with Ibaka. Once they figured out OKC d in Game 5, the Series was over. Game 6 wouldn't have gone to OT if it wasn't for the Refs again bailing out the Thunder in the 4th quarter. You beat Ibaka by having a stretch 4 that can pass and shoot the 3 ball. Oh, wasn't that what the Spurs just got with their pick.

Solid D
06-27-2014, 07:41 AM
seriously, if Spurs want an answer for Ibaka they must sign Paul Pierce as a Bonner upgrade, against Ibaka you need someone who can take him out of the lane defensivley with a three point shot, on defense Pierce will have no problem cause Ibaka not a post player... next year if we face the Thunder in the playoff, that matchup going to be scary hard, we must sign Paul Pierce, especially for that matchup!

Not sure if serious. (?) You do realize Paul Pierce is a 6-7 small forward who made more money than any Spurs' player last year, right?

kobyz
06-27-2014, 07:48 AM
Not sure if serious. (?) You do realize Paul Pierce is a 6-7 small forward who made more money than any Spurs' player last year, right?

can play power forward nowdays(Boris same size also play PF), he should be no. 1 on our free agents list... he would be the ultimate stretch 4 for us!

PublicOption
06-27-2014, 07:49 AM
why does he have to be black? racists.

Solid D
06-27-2014, 08:13 AM
can play power forward nowdays(Boris same size also play PF), he should be no. 1 on our free agents list... he would be the ultimate stretch 4 for us!

I realize Pierce was the shortest player to start at the 4 last year. He played well but took a physical pounding. The Spurs don't have the money to bring in a 36 or 37 year old Pierce who would want to be paid close to TP or Duncan type money. Boris can be signed for much less and they couldn't have both.

Interrohater
06-27-2014, 08:22 AM
I'm still not sure why some are trying to stack against Ibaka when Pop has already figured out how to beat him, and it has to do with getting him out of the lane by matching him up with Diaw. Now, the Spurs draft what experts are calling a "Boris Diaw clone" and you want to change up that formula?

PingPong
06-27-2014, 09:01 AM

Spurs already have Jeff Ayres as their athletic black defender.

;)

anakha
06-27-2014, 09:49 AM
kobyz thinking Pierce is the answer to Ibaka is as fucking stupid as, well, kobyz touting Anthony Tolliver as an upgrade over Bonner (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218795&page=181&p=6790383#post6790383) :lmao

lefty
06-27-2014, 10:07 AM
We need more Frenchies and Aussies TBH

xmas1997
06-27-2014, 10:13 AM
Odd the title of this thread when today all the sportscasters are saying Anderson was the absolute steal of the draft.

kobyz
06-27-2014, 11:55 AM
I realize Pierce was the shortest player to start at the 4 last year. He played well but took a physical pounding. The Spurs don't have the money to bring in a 36 or 37 year old Pierce who would want to be paid close to TP or Duncan type money. Boris can be signed for much less and they couldn't have both.

who know how much Pierce want to be paid... i think he will look for chance to a ring more than money...

Horse
06-27-2014, 12:26 PM
You'll notice most the people complaining about this pick are the same people whoe conplain about everything on ST and don't get it. Pay it no mind.

No kidding fuck them. Maybe just maybe Pop and RC know what they're doing a little better than a few jackoff armchair gms living in their moms basement.

Ibleedslvrnblk
06-27-2014, 01:26 PM
I think I'll trust the Spurs FO over EVERYONE on here. They may have just a bit more knowledge and insight....

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-27-2014, 01:34 PM
I think I'll trust the Spurs FO over EVERYONE on here. They may have just a bit more knowledge and insight....

What's funny, that's all you can do. We can ramble on here all we want, but its RC and Pop who make the calls and the rest of the coaches who do the development of Players.

Spurs9
06-27-2014, 02:56 PM
:lol OP thinking he has more basketball intel than the FO

Kidd K
06-27-2014, 06:15 PM

Diaw plays SF too. Tbh even Manu does at times.

So literally this is our working SF depth chart:

Kawhi Leonard
Boris Diaw
Danny Green
Manu Ginobili
Anderson

We don't exactly suck at SF. It's arguably our most loaded position along with SG

xmas1997
06-27-2014, 06:35 PM
I'm not exactly sure what position he will end up playing on the Spurs, but do not, I repeat, do not be surprised if he becomes a starter on this team this year, offensively he will be a weapon if they can hide him defensively.
He does not like being considered at any particular position, forward, guard, etc., but prefers being thought of as just a basketball player.
To some of us old timers here he will bring back memories of the Iceman, he has the finger roll in his arsenal, and he will be a tough player to guard, sneaky, silky smooth, and deceivingly slow like he is gliding on ice.
His defense? Well, you can't have everything. Gervin wasn't known for his defense either.
He is definitely the steal of the draft, and may even give the top draft choices a run for their money for rookie of the year IMHO.
I'm sure I will catch some criticism for my opinion, but all I can say to that is "mark my words".
:hat

Mikeanaro
06-27-2014, 06:47 PM
Lol, because black people looks good playing basketball according to OP and yet for some reason his screen name is ¨Playbonner¨ whitest player ever.

G-Dawgg
06-27-2014, 11:20 PM
I am excited about this pick. If he can play power forward, he'd be a nightmare matchup for other teams. I don't see any power forward that would be able to defend him on the perimeter and he's bigger than most small forwards not named Lebron or Durant. This could turn out to be and extremely big draft choice. On any other team his skillset is not as valuable. But being on a team that relies on players who know how to shift defenses based on how they move the ball, Kyle could become a exceptuonally valuable find.

Darkwaters
06-27-2014, 11:28 PM
Spurs already have Jeff Ayres as their athletic black defender.

;)

Maybe Jeff needs to change his name again THIS offseason to throw people off the scent of last year.

Godbama
06-27-2014, 11:44 PM
real deal though, spurs fans make me uncomfortable with this lameass shit. Dudes actually talk about "monkey ball", it's like those weirdo sociopath euroball white nationalist fans who go "HOW DARE AMERICAN MONKEY PLAYER BE STRONGER AND FASTER!!!! IS NO SKILLS! TRUE PURE ARYAN EURO BASKETBALL IS CORRECT BASKETBALL!!!!!! YOU ARE MORE ATHLETIC IN GAME OF SPORT YOU ARE DUMB MONKEY CHEATER!!!". See 'em all the time in YouTube comments. I loved the shit out of this last championship but it also provided an opportunity for lamos to creep out of the cracks with all this shit about what style of basketball is "right" and "wrong", I swear I saw some dude in the ESPN comments ranting about how the Miami Heat were vile "hip hop" or some shit lol.

kobyz
06-28-2014, 02:22 AM
His teammate Jordan Adams who went 22, he is a guy i wanted to get more than slowmo, Adams would have given us what we need, SG upgrade over Belli, he is like Belli with bigger balls and better defense... too bad we couldn't put our hands on him...