PDA

View Full Version : Sad thing

pookenstein
06-27-2014, 05:00 AM
Well, not really. More a funny thing that everybody expects England to be shitty so noone even bothers to make a LOL England thread.

http://s14.directupload.net/images/140627/xhzym7p7.jpg (http://www.directupload.net)

skmblz
06-27-2014, 05:23 AM
http://img.pr0gramm.com/2014/06/26/48be49e1cee1d943.png

pookenstein
06-27-2014, 05:52 AM
^:lol

Franklin
06-27-2014, 10:07 AM
they were out after two games imho, LOL threads already made and buried in the 2nd page now imho.

Soul_Patch
06-27-2014, 10:24 AM
It's sad, but I always get my hopes up, and they ALWAYS under perform.

dfens
06-27-2014, 10:57 AM
It's sad, but I always get my hopes up, and they ALWAYS under perform.

in 1966 they won the second battle of britain. B2B2B2 champs tbh. Just coasting till another unique occasion fancies their interest.

TDMVPDPOY
06-27-2014, 11:02 AM
i dunno why they hype the england squad, a bunch of overrated hacks

EPL is only good cause of the international players not the home grown talent

Infinite_limit
06-27-2014, 12:44 PM
i dunno why they hype the england squad, a bunch of overrated hacks

EPL is only good cause of the international players not the home grown talent
Which dwarfs the development of their young domestic talent

England is truly an interesting team. When they are loaded, a red card meltdown dooms them. Other times they have 1 obvious flaw like the back 4 in this World Cup.

At some point I think they lack the team cohesiveness to make a deep World Cup run & don't possess the overall talent to overcome it. Too many different races & cultures under one roof. They speak English on the field....so every other team understands what they are saying on the field.

Muser
06-27-2014, 12:48 PM
Who was overhyping the England squad? Everyone here, even the media were saying we would do well to get out of that group.

hater
06-27-2014, 03:42 PM
The lol threads and tweets actually started as soin as English plane landed on Brazil tbh :lol

Infinite_limit
06-27-2014, 08:57 PM
Who was overhyping the England squad? Everyone here, even the media were saying we would do well to get out of that group.
I had England losing to Greece in Knockout. Felt with Suarez out the first game and Uruguay a year older from their 2010 run....

DAF86
07-01-2014, 02:56 PM
I had England losing to Greece in Knockout.

:lmao

Splits
07-01-2014, 03:16 PM
:lmao drunk redneck on the pitch

Infinite_limit
07-01-2014, 03:49 PM
:lmao
You most likely had Greece finishing last in Group

Blizzardwizard
07-01-2014, 04:05 PM
As soon as I saw the group draw I knew we were out. We suck. Still own alpha league though tbh.

DAF86
07-01-2014, 04:08 PM
As soon as I saw the group draw I knew we were out. We suck. Still own alpha league though tbh.

Last time I checked the UCL final was between Spanish teams and the Europa League was won by a Spanish team also.

Blizzardwizard
07-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Last time I checked the UCL final was between Spanish teams and the Europa League was won by a Spanish team also.
I'm referring to actual play in the league. La liga has a couple good teams and then the rest are pretty crap/corrupt/on the verge of bankruptcy.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
07-01-2014, 04:22 PM
I'm referring to actual play in the league. La liga has a couple good teams and then the rest are pretty crap/corrupt/on the verge of bankruptcy.

You mean like Leeds, Wimbledon, Ipswich, Bradford, Blackpool, Yeovil, Oxford, Portsmouth, Conventry, Crystal Palace, Southampton, etc a few years ago?

Blizzardwizard
07-01-2014, 04:28 PM
You mean like Leeds, Wimbledon, Ipswich, Bradford, Blackpool, Yeovil, Oxford, Portsmouth, Conventry, Crystal Palace, Southampton, etc a few years ago?

Yeovil and Oxford have never been near the premier league. Southampton are alpha now and have produced players such as Bale. Crystal palace have always been good, Leeds were world beaters for many years in the 70's and 80's. All those teams at the time could beat half of la liga at the time.

DAF86
07-01-2014, 04:39 PM

Yet, those teams that represent the "rest" always manage to win and get far on the Europa league.

DAF86
07-01-2014, 04:41 PM
Yeovil and Oxford have never been near the premier league. Southampton are alpha now and have produced players such as Bale. Crystal palace have always been good, Leeds were world beaters for many years in the 70's and 80's. All those teams at the time could beat half of la liga at the time.

Everytime a middle of the pack La Liga team faces a middle of the pack EPL team, La Liga team fucks up the EPL team easily.

Blizzardwizard
07-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Yet, those teams that represent the "rest" always manage to win and get far on the Europa league.
It's a well known fact English teams don 't try in the Europa league unless you fall from the champions league and are trying to save face

Blizzardwizard
07-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Everytime a middle of the pack La Liga team faces a middle of the pack EPL team, La Liga team fucks up the EPL team easily.
Ok....:rolleyes

DAF86
07-01-2014, 04:47 PM
It's a well known fact English teams don 't try in the Europa league unless you fall from the champions league and are trying to save face

C'mon son. The EPL is overrated. I'm not even saying the Spanish league is better. They're always on the same level with a tiny advantage for one or the other in certain moments, right now the Spanish league is slightly better.

Blizzardwizard
07-01-2014, 04:49 PM
C'mon son. The EPL is overrated. I'm not even saying the Spanish league is better. They're always on the same level with a tiny advantage for one or the other in certain moments, right now the Spanish league is slightly better. look man, I ain't gonna argue your opinion. Agree to disagree.

DAF86
07-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Ok....:rolleyes

I'm too lazy to look it up but the facts are there son. Who do you think the Sevilla's, Atletico's, Bilbao'a and Valencia's have beaten to win the Europa leagues they have won?

DAF86
07-01-2014, 04:55 PM
look man, I ain't gonna argue your opinion. Agree to disagree.

Provide one fact that proves that the EPL is better than the Spanish league. You can't. All you have is more entertaining games (because of kick and run football that is no good against teams that play with a more intelligent and sophisticated approach) and better promoted players. I mean, nobody gave a fuck about players like Mata, Cazorla, Michu and Silva while they were playing on Spain but on England they're suddenly Superstars.

Blizzardwizard
07-01-2014, 04:58 PM
I'm too lazy to look it up but the facts are there son. Who do you think the Sevilla's, Atletico's, Bilbao'a and Valencia's have beaten to win the Europa leagues they have won?
Chelsea won in 2013. Fulham, a borderline mid table and relegated this year took 'meant to be' superstars atl Madrid to extra time.

Blizzardwizard
07-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Provide one fact that proves that the EPL is better than the Spanish league. You can't. All you have is more entertaining games (because of kick and run football that is no good against teams that play with a more intelligent and sophisticated approach) and better promoted players. I mean, nobody gave a fuck about players like Mata, Cazorla, Michu and Silva while they were playing on Spain but on England they're suddenly Superstars.
I'm not even going to bother responding to this take. Jeez.....

DAF86
07-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Chelsea won in 2013. Fulham, a borderline mid table and relegated this year took 'meant to be' superstars atl Madrid to extra time.

So you have a team that should have been fighting for the Champions league winning the Europa League and a loss as the examples of middle of the pack EPL teams beating middle of the pack Spanish teams?

You can't deny the fact that lately when Spanish and English teams face each other, the Spanish teams end up winning most of the time.

DAF86
07-01-2014, 05:04 PM
I'm not even going to bother responding to this take. Jeez.....

Exactly, 'cause you can't.

Blizzardwizard
07-01-2014, 05:07 PM
So you have a team that should have been fighting for the Champions league winning the Europa League and a loss as the examples of middle of the pack EPL teams beating middle of the pack Spanish teams?

You can't deny the fact that lately when Spanish and English teams face each other, the Spanish teams end up winning most of the time.
You're detracting away from the point. I'm not arguing about English teams vs Spanish teams in UCL matches and Europa matches, I'm talking about Inter league play. Premier league games are far more exciting and more than 3 teams can actually compete. no bottom feeder la liga team beats Real Madrid or Barcelona, but bottom feeder premier league teams can beat the top teams any week.

DAF86
07-01-2014, 05:10 PM
You're detracting away from the point. I'm not arguing about English teams vs Spanish teams in UCL matches and Europa matches, I'm talking about Inter league play. Premier league games are far more exciting and more than 3 teams can actually compete. no bottom feeder la liga team beats Real Madrid or Barcelona, but bottom feeder premier league teams can beat the top teams any week.

Well, that's another thing and I may agree but more entertaining doesn't mean better, tbh.