PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Mitch Kupchak: Lakers to 'go all out' in Wooing Melo and James

Koolaid_Man
06-27-2014, 07:47 AM
:lol Boom Shaka Laka to the haters yo....at least Chazz is trying

Do It Mitch!!!!!

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Without naming any names, Los Angeles Lakers (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/lal/los-angeles-lakers) general manager Mitch Kupchak let it be known that his team is ready to open its doors for LeBron James (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1966/lebron-james) and Carmelo Anthony (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1975/carmelo-anthony) if the coveted free-agent tandem wants to come to L.A.

"We're prepared," Kupchak said late Thursday night after the Lakers hosted an NBA draft event at their practice facility. "If any of those players do want to make a move, we're prepared. And if we get word, when we're allowed to get word, we will go all out."

Kupchak and the Lakers cannot contact James, Anthony or any other player they would want to sign until the league's free-agency period begins at 12:01 a.m. ET July 1.

We're still going to pitch that this is a championship franchise and that's going to be our goal," Kupchak said. "As long as Kobe is on this team, we have to believe that we can contend for a championship."

"Kobe is fine," Kupchak said. "Obviously, he has to prove that. But he's been in here working out, and you wouldn't know [he was hurt]. He looks great. He has to perform at a level next year to prove that, but he looks great."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11143471/los-angeles-lakers-prepared-go-all-free-agency-mitch-kupchak-says

Mal
06-27-2014, 07:55 AM
Will Lakers also sign second ball ?

TDMVPDPOY
06-27-2014, 08:00 AM
lol why would lebron goto lakers to carry a cripple to a championship even he knows he wont be credited for the work

The Batman
06-27-2014, 08:08 AM
First they have to put an ad in the paper for Nick Young.

Dex
06-27-2014, 08:42 AM
Luckily, Kobe Bean is one of the best in the league at sharing the spotlight.

Calispursfan11
06-27-2014, 08:56 AM
Luckily, Kobe Bean is one of the best in the league at sharing the spotlight.

lol

~O~
06-27-2014, 09:27 AM
Wooing.....isn't the word. I guess LeBron and Melo are coy women who blush.

Bill_Brasky
06-27-2014, 10:25 AM
Still won't do shit for your cancerous shit organization faggot.

:lol Cowboys of the NBA

spurraider21
06-27-2014, 11:38 AM
Still won't do shit for your cancerous shit organization faggot.

:lol Cowboys of the NBA
i think they're like the raiders. shitty team hung up on glorious past. Jerry Buss was Al Davis pre-2002. makes winning moves, cavalier owner, cares about winning more than anybody

Fredo is more like Al Davis post 2003, swinging for the homerun on every pitch, and crumbling what was a great product into a laughingstock

TDMVPDPOY
06-27-2014, 11:42 AM
wooing as in like how a dog woos another dog by lifting its rear up...nothing to see here

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-27-2014, 11:44 AM
i think they're like the raiders. shitty team hung up on glorious past. Jerry Buss was Al Davis pre-2002. makes winning moves, cavalier owner, cares about winning more than anybody

Fredo is more like Al Davis post 2003, swinging for the homerun on every pitch, and crumbling what was a great product into a laughingstock

:lol yeah the Raiders last title was 5 years ago

spurraider21
06-27-2014, 11:48 AM
:lol yeah the Raiders last title was 5 years ago
you aren't going to find an NFL team that matches the championship pattern of the Lakers :lol... and i'm mainly comparing the state of ownership. the difference between jerry and jim to Al Davis pre and post senility

RsxPiimp
06-27-2014, 12:07 PM
:lol Boom Shaka Laka to the haters yo....at least Chazz is trying

Do It Mitch!!!!!

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11143471/los-angeles-lakers-prepared-go-all-free-agency-mitch-kupchak-says

:hat

Thread
06-27-2014, 12:30 PM
you aren't going to find an NFL team that matches the championship pattern of the Lakers :lol... and i'm mainly comparing the state of ownership. the difference between jerry and jim to Al Davis pre and post senility

Though without Jim we're light 2 NBA Titles.

baseline bum
06-27-2014, 12:35 PM
CROFL at the idea that James and Anthony will take Splitter money to team up with two washed up shitbags in the backcourt and Fredo.

baseline bum
06-27-2014, 12:36 PM
LOL Dallas has more capspace than LA2 thanks to 48.5

ShowtimeFan
06-27-2014, 12:43 PM
Mitch publicly stating what he plans on doing means he knows there's no way in hell the Lakers get Melo & Lebron. This is just PR meant to appease Laker fans.

Thread
06-27-2014, 12:56 PM
Mitch publicly stating what he plans on doing means he knows there's no way in hell the Lakers get Melo & Lebron. This is just PR meant to appease Laker fans.

I'm 1/2 relieved.

midnightpulp
06-27-2014, 01:06 PM
I'm 1/2 relieved.

At least Swaggy P is coming back.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-27-2014, 01:14 PM
Kool-aid man still drinking the Lakers Kool-aid. Kool-aid Koolers make it Cooler.

Venti Quattro
06-27-2014, 01:16 PM
Nothing surprising

Thread
06-27-2014, 01:26 PM

Oh, yeah, a real winner there.

InRareForm
06-27-2014, 01:27 PM
pipe dreaming

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-27-2014, 01:28 PM
The Begging Part 2.0

http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/files/2013/06/BNzPa6DCUAA7s9V.jpg-large.jpg

DMC
06-27-2014, 02:20 PM
Though without Jim we're light 2 NBA Titles.

You're light 10 or 12 now. What's another 2?

DMC
06-27-2014, 02:22 PM
If James is going to try to get a ring for another team, it will be Cleveland. He's from there, that's where he grew up, that's where he will likely retire, and when he does he'd probably like to be the 1st guy to ever bring a championship to that city. If Cleveland could get him back, they could move some pieces and get someone with him who can turn that team into an instant ECF threat.

06-27-2014, 02:41 PM
:lol no one wants to team up with that piece of shit. Everyone knows Kobe eats first and would rather lose than watch his teammate win another finals MVP.

Thread
06-27-2014, 10:02 PM
You're light 10 or 12 now. What's another 2?

Just 1 had you guys on my front door stoop till you got straightened out a fortnight ago come Sunday.

DMC
06-27-2014, 10:30 PM
Just 1 had you guys on my front door stoop till you got straightened out a fortnight ago come Sunday.

It took us one try, not a fucking decade.

HemisfairArena
06-27-2014, 10:33 PM
Lakers will be lucky to land Stephenson,,,,tbh.

Thread
06-27-2014, 10:36 PM
It took us one try, not a fucking decade.

But, did you have to play dead in my shit over it?

DMC
06-27-2014, 10:43 PM
But, did you have to play dead in my shit over it?

How is this forum your door stoop?

Thread
06-27-2014, 10:51 PM
How is this forum your door stoop?

Forget it.

DMC
06-27-2014, 11:12 PM
Yeah probably a good idea. My riddle decoder is not broken, just doesn't give a shit.

The Third Man
06-28-2014, 12:05 AM
http://www.waynerosso.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/fredo.png

LkrFan
06-30-2014, 05:52 PM

Hey mid - my Lotto Lakers made over $100M just last year. Maybe we can afford more than Swaggy P? ;)

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/grantland-exclusive-the-jason-kidd-mess-has-a-144-million-pricetag/

• The Thunder are indeed paying into the revenue-sharing system, rare for such a tiny market, but they’re slated to make nearly $29 million in profit when everything is netted out. That’s the fifth-best projection in the league, trailing only the Lakers ($100.1 million), Bulls ($61 million), Rockets ($40.7 million), and Celtics ($33.1 million). Again: This memo does not capture the complete financial picture for any organization, but between this estimated profit and the general escalating value of all NBA franchises, it’s fair to take these numbers into account when debating the Thunder’s*decision to trade James Harden and duck the luxury tax.

• Holy cow, the Lakers! They end up with that huge profit despite contributing a league-high $49 million to revenue sharing. The league’s revenue sharing is complex, with payouts and contributions tied to all sorts of variables — market size, profitability, earnings benchmarks, and other stuff. A few teams, including the Lakers and Knicks, play in markets so large they are disqualified from ever receiving revenue-sharing payouts.

:downspin: this shiiiiiiiiiiit :lol

DPG21920
06-30-2014, 05:56 PM
Just goes to prove the widely held belief that Laker fans are the dumbest on Earth :lol

Kobe thinks the fans are dumb, ownership thinks the fans are dumb and other fans think they are dumb. This just hammers home that point.

HI-FI
06-30-2014, 06:32 PM
Hey mid - my Lotto Lakers made over $100M just last year. Maybe we can afford more than Swaggy P? ;)

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/grantland-exclusive-the-jason-kidd-mess-has-a-144-million-pricetag/

• The Thunder are indeed paying into the revenue-sharing system, rare for such a tiny market, but they’re slated to make nearly $29 million in profit when everything is netted out. That’s the fifth-best projection in the league, trailing only the Lakers ($100.1 million), Bulls ($61 million), Rockets ($40.7 million), and Celtics ($33.1 million). Again: This memo does not capture the complete financial picture for any organization, but between this estimated profit and the general escalating value of all NBA franchises, it’s fair to take these numbers into account when debating the Thunder’s*decision to trade James Harden and duck the luxury tax.

• Holy cow, the Lakers! They end up with that huge profit despite contributing a league-high $49 million to revenue sharing. The league’s revenue sharing is complex, with payouts and contributions tied to all sorts of variables — market size, profitability, earnings benchmarks, and other stuff. A few teams, including the Lakers and Knicks, play in markets so large they are disqualified from ever receiving revenue-sharing payouts.

:downspin: this shiiiiiiiiiiit :lol
:lmao
The Desperation!

whitemamba
06-30-2014, 06:52 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24783602.jpg

LkrFan
06-30-2014, 07:15 PM
The Desperation!

How so? mid basically said the Busses were broke (compared to other billionaire owners) and had limited revenue streams. He said the new CBA neutered the Lakers financial advantages and leveled the playing field.

I countered with reminding him about our $5B TWC contract. Grantland wrote the above piece spelling out what I've been saying all along: despite giving these small market leaches $49M and going lotto, they still raked in over $100M. :lol

Mark in Austin
06-30-2014, 07:16 PM
With Lowry staying in Toronto, there's one more player off the table...

Biernutz
07-01-2014, 12:41 AM
Kobe will not get a LeBron or Mello type of free agent to play with him because he wants sidekicks not co-stars
to play with him. He does not have the temperament. Look at Shaq and Howard...The lakers will not get back till
he retires then years after that...Sucks to be a Laker fan. LOL......

Thread
07-01-2014, 01:01 AM
Kobe will not get a LeBron or Mello type of free agent to play with him because he wants sidekicks not co-stars
to play with him. He does not have the temperament. Look at Shaq and Howard...The lakers will not get back till
he retires then years after that...Sucks to be a Laker fan. LOL......

He never gave an NBA Title back like your Duncan did.

And he chased Daddy down, broke his ass:::

Kobe: 2

Daddy: 1

And Howard, well, Howard got up off his ass a couple months ago at 0-2 and he was ready to play him some basketball. Yeah.

Biernutz
07-01-2014, 01:15 AM
He never gave an NBA Title back like your Duncan did.

And he chased Daddy down, broke his ass:::

Kobe: 2

Daddy: 1

And Howard, well, Howard got up off his ass a couple months ago at 0-2 and he was ready to play him some basketball. Yeah.

Sorry but you guys second tier till Kobe is gone...Lakers are years away

Thread
07-01-2014, 01:17 AM
Sorry but you guys second tier till Kobe is gone...Lakers are years away

Sad-but-true, but, Kobe never gave an NBA Title back like your Duncan did. You're light 1, daddy. And you will be, forever.

Biernutz
07-01-2014, 01:26 AM
Sad-but-true, but, Kobe never gave an NBA Title back like your Duncan did. You're light 1, daddy. And you will be, forever.

Kobe is not the Kobe of 5 years ago. He is a older Wade type of player now. He is older now and gets hurt more. He has
more miles on him than a 66 VW bug. You need to bandwagon the Clippers for a few years...It's just not your time anymore.
It's about now not yesterday.

Thread
07-01-2014, 01:29 AM
Kobe is not the Kobe of 5 years ago. He is a older Wade type of player now. He is older now and gets hurt more. He has
more miles on him than a 66 VW bug. You need to bandwagon the Clippers for a few years...It's just not your time anymore.
It's about now not yesterday.

Clean your own fucking house first. You gave away an NBA Title a year ago.

hsxvvd
07-01-2014, 01:30 AM
The Begging Part 2.0

http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/files/2013/06/BNzPa6DCUAA7s9V.jpg-large.jpg

Except it'll be a picture of Lebron and Melo with "Come"...

I hope they spell it right.

LkrFan
07-02-2014, 12:11 PM
Going all out? Make sure you take out your teeth and swallow Jeannie! Brothers love getting head from white broads. :lol

buttsR4rebounding
07-02-2014, 12:23 PM
The pitch to Melo should be, "Look how much we are overpaying Kobe. You are really going to make you money when Kobe is gone and all you are is a volume jump shooter because we'll still be maxing your sorry ass out then, too!!!!!

Thread
07-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Except it'll be a picture of Lebron and Melo with "Come"...

I hope they spell it right.

Another piss pot chickenshit from upstairs. I spit on you.

TampaDude
07-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Clean your own fucking house first. You gave away an NBA Title a year ago.

Wrong. The Heat took it away. We just took it back via the greatest beatdown in Finals history.

48.5 :lmao

Thread
07-02-2014, 04:09 PM
Wrong. The Heat took it away.

Ha, they tried to give it to you, but, you insisted.

TampaDude
07-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Ha, they tried to give it to you, but, you insisted.

Fool, if the Heat wanted to lose Game 6, all they had to do was not shoot a 3, but they did, so they did. QED.

Thread
07-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Fool, if the Heat wanted to lose Game 6, all they had to do was not shoot a 3, but they did, so they did. QED.

Dude, they were selling your Championship shit on the TV.

TampaDude
07-02-2014, 04:18 PM

DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN

LkrFan
07-02-2014, 04:24 PM

Hot damn! :rollin :lmao :rollin

Thread
07-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Hot damn! :rollin :lmao :rollin

And I still can't get it thru his cement head. Now he wants me to come over to his house for dinner with my mother. And I'm considering it!

LkrFan
07-02-2014, 05:08 PM
And I still can't get it thru his cement head. Now he wants me to come over to his house for dinner with my mother. And I'm considering it!