PDA

View Full Version : World Cup is a sign of our nation's moral decay...

CavsSuperFan
06-27-2014, 03:57 PM
Ann is absolutely brilliant...I am sure that most of you agree with this...

Ann Coulter says Americans who care about the World Cup are 'a sign of the nation's moral decay'

Coulter's case against soccer is far-ranging: it's "foreign," you can't use your hands, liberal moms like it, and it doesn't "present a constant threat of personal disgrace." "If more 'Americans' are watching soccer today, it's only because of the demographic switch effected by Teddy Kennedy's 1965 immigration law," she concludes. "I promise you: No American whose great-grandfather was born here is watching soccer."

Her article...
http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2014-06-25.html#read_more

Avante
06-27-2014, 04:10 PM
I watched my very first soccer match when the USA took on Germany. I watched the whole ..ah...match. I did all I could to get into it, I wanted to, I really did. Of course it would have helped if I'd had a clue what in the hell was going on other than kick it into the cage. I had a hard time trying to figure out any stragedies/play making. It looked like a bunch of guys just kicking a ball around with a once in awhile head butt...or an attempt ...which looks goofy.

I came away with ....

It's a sport for little guys with great cardio conditioning not unlike the Kenyans and distance running. The world outside the USA simply doesn't produce the kind of athletes we do here. We don't see those big fast, agile explosive athletes coming out of Europe, Asia, Africa, South America. So a sport like soccer is tailor made for them. If we didn't have football we'd rule the soccer world and always would have. Imagine a USA team with 200 pounds with 4.4 speed out there...whoa!

Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, Devin Hester, Herschel Walker, Trindon Holliday, Jacoby Ford on a soccer field, a sport they had been playing since little kids......wow!

I guess our best player is some black dude who is hurt right now.

baseline bum
06-27-2014, 04:19 PM
Ann Coulter is about the only thing in this country worse than soccer.

Spurminator
06-27-2014, 04:21 PM
She's the ultimate troll. She pisses off 65% of the country and the other 35% think she's right.

Big Empty
06-27-2014, 04:32 PM
LOL i dont even think there is a single b.eaner on the roster

RD2191
06-27-2014, 04:34 PM
Ann Coulter is about the only thing in this country worse than soccer.

Thebesteva
06-27-2014, 04:41 PM
Why the Soccer hate? Get a fuckin life aye

mrsmaalox
06-27-2014, 05:25 PM
Ann Coulter is a sign of our nation's moral decay.

LOL at liberal moms love soccer; Sarah Palin a famous supporter of soccer moms/pit bulls in lipstick.

Franklin
06-27-2014, 05:37 PM
more americans watching soccer today is only a sign of the NBA (and other major sports for that matter) declining imho.

Kool Bob Love
06-27-2014, 07:52 PM
more americans watching soccer today is only a sign of the NBA (and other major sports for that matter) declining imho.

Nba is as popular as ever. I mean who else has GOD playing their sport?

It's that poverty baseball that's need to commit that.

ErnestLynch
06-27-2014, 08:07 PM
Too much useless running around.

resistanze
06-27-2014, 08:12 PM
lol @ Ann Coulter being a millionaire off idiots

Blake
06-27-2014, 08:16 PM
:cheer hooray we tied 0-0 which might mean we won :cheer

Lol soccer

Infinite_limit
06-27-2014, 09:09 PM
I watched my very first soccer match when the USA took on Germany. I watched the whole ..ah...match. I did all I could to get into it, I wanted to, I really did. Of course it would have helped if I'd had a clue what in the hell was going on other than kick it into the cage. I had a hard time trying to figure out any stragedies/play making. It looked like a bunch of guys just kicking a ball around with a once in awhile head butt...or an attempt ...which looks goofy.

I came away with ....

It's a sport for little guys with great cardio conditioning not unlike the Kenyans and distance running. The world outside the USA simply doesn't produce the kind of athletes we do here. We don't see those big fast, agile explosive athletes coming out of Europe, Asia, Africa, South America. So a sport like soccer is tailor made for them. If we didn't have football we'd rule the soccer world and always would have. Imagine a USA team with 200 pounds with 4.4 speed out there...whoa!

Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, Devin Hester, Herschel Walker, Trindon Holliday, Jacoby Ford on a soccer field, a sport they had been playing since little kids......wow!

I guess our best player is some black dude who is hurt right now.
A) German defense
Neuer: 6 foot 4
Hummels: 6 foot 4
Mertesacker: 6 foot 6
Boateng: 6 foot 4

B) The field was wet. NFL also looks like shit on wet grass

c) Random players that run fast in a straight line? They would have their ankles broken at the first sideways move. Which is why Africa sucks in global football

D) Altidore is not the best American player and he spent the entire season sitting on a European bench

Avante, you believe Usain Bolt would be the greatest NFL player of All-Time right?

A 200 pound player would be useless as global football doesn't have stoppage and substitutes every 10 seconds. Hershel Walker & Bo Jackson would topple over before the end of the 1st Half. Could NFL Lineman survive 3 minutes without commercials? How bout Linebackers - 10 minutes

Infinite_limit
06-27-2014, 09:15 PM
No American whose great-grandfather was born here is watching soccer."

But great-great grandfathers were Europeans. She makes no sense

Infinite_limit
06-27-2014, 09:16 PM
You can't function without a commercial every 5 minutes huh?

SupremeGuy
06-27-2014, 09:33 PM
Ann Coulter exists basically to counter the left leaning media, tbh.

But, let's be honest, soccer does suck dick as a sport.

Infinite_limit
06-27-2014, 09:35 PM
Ann Coulter exists basically to counter the left leaning media, tbh.

But, let's be honest, soccer does suck dick as a sport.
1. USA wins World Cup
2. Liberals move onto hipstering Cricket
3. Ann becomes huge Soccer fan

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-27-2014, 09:36 PM
It's actually a sign of a sport making progress little by little, creating a pro league, working on the grassroots levels and slowly but steadily taking steps forward. But don't let the facts get in her way.

If she's so concerned about tradition and roots, then all the current sports should be banned. Only sports allowed: Medieval jousting, Native American hunting games, Roman gladiatorial games where Christians were executed and Greek Olympics in which oily men wrestled each other naked. That's the funny thing with people who claim to have strong moral compasses: they always draw the line where it better suits their interests.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Sorry, I just read that article again. It's a brillant piece of parody and she has spoken like one of the best promoters of the sport in the USA.

Individual achievement is not a big factor in soccer. In a real sport, players fumble passes, throw bricks and drop fly balls -- all in front of a crowd. When baseball players strike out, they're standing alone at the plate. But there's also individual glory in home runs, touchdowns and slam-dunks.

In soccer, the blame is dispersed and almost no one scores anyway. There are no heroes, no losers, no accountability, and no child's fragile self-esteem is bruised. There's a reason perpetually alarmed women are called "soccer moms," not "football moms."

Do they even have MVPs in soccer? Everyone just runs up and down the field and, every once in a while, a ball accidentally goes in. That's when we're supposed to go wild. I'm already asleep

:lmao A SpursTalk troll couldn't have done it better.

Liberal moms like soccer because it's a sport in which athletic talent finds so little expression that girls can play with boys. No serious sport is co-ed, even at the kindergarten level.

:lol 2nd rule of trolling: Write shit about shit you don't know shit and present it as the shit.

COPYRIGHT 2014 ANN COULTER

:lmao COPYRIGHT? Srsly? :lmao

SupremeGuy
06-27-2014, 09:52 PM
1. USA wins World Cup
2. Liberals move onto hipstering Cricket
3. Ann becomes huge Soccer fanIt's the American way, tbh. :lol

:toast

IrisHockey
06-27-2014, 10:21 PM
Coulter is one of the greatest self-invented characters in American history..

Franklin
06-28-2014, 12:33 AM
Nba is as popular as ever. I mean who else has GOD playing their sport?

It's that poverty baseball that's need to commit that.
GOD only played 6 games last season though. Maybe you're right, GOD only played 6 games the entire season that's probably the reason why NBA showed signs of declining. Next season will be better of course, with GOD playing more than 6 games, 30-40 games maybe until he quits on them again with another feigned injury when the team is 10-30 or something like that.

Avante
06-28-2014, 01:08 AM
A) German defense
Neuer: 6 foot 4
Hummels: 6 foot 4
Mertesacker: 6 foot 6
Boateng: 6 foot 4

B) The field was wet. NFL also looks like shit on wet grass

c) Random players that run fast in a straight line? They would have their ankles broken at the first sideways move. Which is why Africa sucks in global football

D) Altidore is not the best American player and he spent the entire season sitting on a European bench

Avante, you believe Usain Bolt would be the greatest NFL player of All-Time right?

A 200 pound player would be useless as global football doesn't have stoppage and substitutes every 10 seconds. Hershel Walker & Bo Jackson would topple over before the end of the 1st Half. Could NFL Lineman survive 3 minutes without commercials? How bout Linebackers - 10 minutes

Tall and big are two different things.

You take NFL defensive backs, running backs, wide recxeivers and have them growing up playing soccer instead and they'd totally rule the sport. And who is running in a straight line? Not talking 300 pounders, obviously.

Tons of pro footballers were also track guys. The difference in speed between them and any soccer players is huge.

Usian Bolt doesn't have the quicks or agility to be a football player, all he'd be able to do is run a fly pattern. Yep, a one trick pony.

There are far better athletes playing American football that we see playing world wide soccer.

Infinite_limit
06-28-2014, 01:43 AM
Tall and big are two different things.

You take NFL defensive backs, running backs, wide recxeivers and have them growing up playing soccer instead and they'd totally rule the sport. And who is running in a straight line? Not talking 300 pounders, obviously.

Tons of pro footballers were also track guys. The difference in speed between them and any soccer players is huge.

Usian Bolt doesn't have the quicks or agility to be a football player, all he'd be able to do is run a fly pattern. Yep, a one trick pony.

There are far better athletes playing American football that we see playing world wide soccer.
Considering it's easier to dribble with your hands than feet, why aren't these NFL players doing basketball and earning more money with less injuries?

Jacob1983
06-28-2014, 02:15 AM
Why do people care about the opinions of this fugly skeleton?

CavsSuperFan
06-28-2014, 08:43 AM
Could we at least agree that Ann is absolutely brilliant?
A- She is wealthy
B- She is on TV

xmas1997
06-28-2014, 08:48 AM
Who can deny that soccer would have been a lot more entertaining if they had just let them use their hands?
Foreigners got something against hands or something?

CosmicCowboy
06-28-2014, 01:46 PM

LOL at liberal moms love soccer; Sarah Palin a famous supporter of soccer moms/pit bulls in lipstick.

well, TECHNICALLY it was hockey moms....:p:

DJR210
06-28-2014, 03:10 PM
More people watching the World Cup is a sign of off seasons for football and basketball, and baseball sucking huge nuts IMO.

TeyshaBlue
06-28-2014, 04:44 PM
lol poorball

xeromass
06-28-2014, 08:14 PM
Who can deny that soccer would have been a lot more entertaining if they had just let them use their hands?
Foreigners got something against hands or something?

Hands are taken care of by different sport. And it is called...drumroll please...HANDBALL :toast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehqtYez2-OI

Girasuck
06-29-2014, 10:25 AM
:cheer hooray we tied 0-0 which might mean we won :cheer

Lol soccer

Typical ignorant response held by idiots who think we're still in the 80's and 90's.

Clipper Nation
06-29-2014, 10:50 AM
More people watching the World Cup is a sign of off seasons for football and basketball, and baseball sucking huge nuts IMO.
MLB regular season >>>>>>>>>>> World Cup

Hell, even spring training is better than the World Cup :lol

lol soccer

SupremeGuy
06-29-2014, 10:55 AM
lol poorball:lol

baseline bum
06-29-2014, 10:58 AM

lol soccer

AA baseball >>>>>>> World Cup
World Series of Poker >>> World Cup
Olympic boxing > World Cup
WNBA = World Cup
NASCAR < World Cup

xmas1997
06-29-2014, 11:26 AM
Hands are taken care of by different sport. And it is called...drumroll please...HANDBALL :toast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehqtYez2-OI

:lmao

Infinite_limit
06-29-2014, 11:32 AM

lol soccer
You can't compare trivial Domestic american sports to the Greatest Event on the Planet

mrsmaalox
06-29-2014, 11:50 AM
well, TECHNICALLY it was hockey moms....:p:

D'oh, you're right it was hockey. Another sport of non-American origin that I'm sure Ann has no problem with ;)

Clipper Nation
06-29-2014, 12:30 PM
You can't compare trivial Domestic american sports to the Greatest Event on the Planet

:lmao Thinking that the shitty-ass World Cup is the greatest event on the planet

lol soccer

Infinite_limit
06-29-2014, 12:34 PM
:lmao Thinking that the shitty-ass World Cup is the greatest event on the planet

lol soccer
The only thing I can think of that comes close is UEFA Champions League but it's every year

DPG21920
06-29-2014, 12:37 PM
Soccer > all these stupid jokes about soccer. Soccer players are the guys with your girl while you are at work saving up to buy them that new purse.

boutons_deux
06-29-2014, 12:54 PM
Ingraham, Malkin, Palin, Coulter and all their male fellow travelers, black and white, are nothing but money-grubbing provocateurs/grifters.

Shit from Coulter, etc is nothing but "product" for their grifter businesses, rousing the ignorant rabble their shit is aimed at.

Malik Hairston
06-29-2014, 03:16 PM
Avante not understanding that cardiovascular abilities and overall endurance is a characteristic of athleticism..another example of a fat ass that lifts weights but probably looks like shit and has never competed in any form of athletic activity..

Another one of those "forever bulking" niggas, tbh..

Malik Hairston
06-29-2014, 03:17 PM
Double, tbh..

Infinite_limit
06-29-2014, 03:28 PM
Avante not understanding that cardiovascular abilities and overall endurance is a characteristic of athleticism..another example of a fat ass that lifts weights but probably looks like shit and has never competed in any form of athletic activity..

When I started running after College I realized how much more difficult it is to be lean than big. A-lot of guys in the Gym that shapes resemble boxes would not be able to handle 15 minutes on the treadmill. It's not difficult to be big like in the NFL.

Blake
06-29-2014, 04:58 PM
Typical ignorant response held by idiots who think we're still in the 80's and 90's.

Except that's how world cup still works in 2014.

lol soccer, tbh.

Infinite_limit
06-29-2014, 05:04 PM
Except that's how world cup still works in 2014.

lol soccer, tbh.
I believe there have been over 50 matches in WC 2014 and under 5 were 0-0. I think 3 total

Avante
06-29-2014, 05:13 PM

Dumber than a rock aren't ya slick? Must have missed what I said about cardio conditioning and the Kenyans.

Dude, you are a moron!

Dude, ya have any idea how big world class decathletes are? And they run the 1500m.

Infinite_limit
06-29-2014, 05:16 PM
NFL players aren't athletic enough for Soccer. Fall over every 8 seconds and need to be substituted out.

Avante
06-29-2014, 05:17 PM
NFL players aren't athletic enough for Soccer. Fall over every 8 seconds and need to be substituted out.

Do I really need that long list of track athletes in the NFL who train running 400-600's?

There are no soccer players who even come close to matching NFL running backs/receivers/cornerbacks when it comes to athlectic ability.

Infinite_limit
06-29-2014, 05:19 PM
Do I really need that long list of track athlets in the NFL who train running 400-600's?
Running in a straight line doesn't make you athletic. Lateral movement: agility

Avante
06-29-2014, 05:22 PM
Running in a straight line doesn't make you athletic. Lateral movement: agility

Dude, are you for real? How many footballers run in a straight line? You mentioned cardio conditioning, right? Well all these track/footballers have that in abundance. I'm not talking about 300 pound linemen...ok?

Infinite_limit
06-29-2014, 05:24 PM
Dude, are you for real? How many footballers run in a straight line? You mentioneds cardio conditioning, right? Well all these track/footballers have that in abundance. I'm not talking about 300 pound linemen...ok?
Half the players on the NFL field are overweight

Blake
06-29-2014, 05:24 PM
I believe there have been over 50 matches in WC 2014 and under 5 were 0-0. I think 3 total

And the teams were probably content with the tie.

Infinite_limit
06-29-2014, 05:26 PM
And the teams were probably content with the tie.
It beats losing, which USA is best at doing in Wars.

Avante
06-29-2014, 05:27 PM
Half the players on the NFL field are overweight

With every post you prove just how much you don't understand about pro football.

Give me a soccer player who could do this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN0Cq9wbYpM

baseline bum
06-29-2014, 05:27 PM
It beats losing, which USA is best at doing in Wars.

To be fair, how were we supposed to win Vietnam with chickenshits like Thread?

Infinite_limit
06-29-2014, 05:31 PM
With every post you prove just how much you don't understand about pro football.

Give me a soccer player who could do this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN0Cq9wbYpM
Give me a NFLer player who could do this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYcoiy14TQo

Infinite_limit
06-29-2014, 05:35 PM
P.S if soccer players can dribble a ball with their feet thru traffic, it would be easier to hold the ball while doing it

Avante
06-29-2014, 05:59 PM
Give me a NFLer player who could do this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYcoiy14TQo

Deion Sanders
Bo Jackson
Alvin Harper
Devin Hester
Herschel Walker
Jim Brown
Gale Sayers
Eric Metcalf
Vance Johnson
Bo Roberson

...now add another few thousand.

Infinite_limit
06-29-2014, 06:22 PM
Deion Sanders
Bo Jackson
Alvin Harper
Devin Hester
Herschel Walker
Jim Brown
Gale Sayers
Eric Metcalf
Vance Johnson
Bo Roberson

...now add another few thousand.
Here is Alvin Harper & Devin Hester playing soccer

https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/857368916.gif?1403135598

Avante
06-29-2014, 06:28 PM
Here is Alvin Harper & Devin Hester playing soccer

https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/857368916.gif?1403135598

Why continue to try and talk about things you really don't understand?

The NFL is choked full of basketballers, long jumpers, hurdlers, sprinters, we can't say that about soccer. The differences between an NFL player and a soccer player is huge, you honestly don't get that?

Not talking linemen as I've mentioned.

Infinite_limit
06-29-2014, 06:32 PM
Why continue to try and talk about things you really don't understand?

The NFL is choked full of basketballers, long jumpers, hurdlers, sprinters, we can't say that about soccer. The differences between an NFL player and a soccer player is huge, you honestly don't get that?

Not talking linemen as I've mentioned.
Soccer involves every race on this globe but the NFL only has 2 because it's a simple game reliant on size. NFL lacks skill & athleticism. Just big body crashing into each other from 5 yards distance. And then break time & substitutes. That's why you don't see Soccer players sucking up oxygen tanks or standing next to heating fans.

Avante
06-29-2014, 06:36 PM
Soccer involves every race on this globe but the NFL only has 2 because it's a simple game reliant on size. NFL lacks skill & athleticism. Just big body crashing into each other from 5 yards distance. And then break time & substitutes. That's why you don't see Soccer players sucking up oxygen tanks or standing next to heating fans.

Not a clue about football dude, so why even bother? Girls can play soccer little man...ok?

You ever actually see a football game?

Infinite_limit
06-29-2014, 06:40 PM
Not a clue about football dude, so why even bother? Girls can play soccer little man...ok?

You ever actually see a football game?
Have you?

According to a Wall Street Journal study of four recent broadcasts, and similar estimates by researchers,the average amount of time the ball is in play on the field during an NFL game is about 11 minutes.

Avante
06-29-2014, 06:44 PM
Have you?

According to a Wall Street Journal study of four recent broadcasts, and similar estimates by researchers,the average amount of time the ball is in play on the field during an NFL game is about 11 minutes.

Well lets see...4 years of HS ball, three years of Naval base ball, 15 years of City League ball, now add some 50 years of watching college/NFL on tv.

Dude, you know,...0...about this and it's totally onvious.

TheyCallMePro
06-29-2014, 08:09 PM
I'm American (Texan) and I don't give a damn about soccer. I think it's embarrassing to see how much our country embraces it during the World Cup. There are so many problems I see with the game too. Allow me to summarize them in explicit fashion.

1) The rules:

The one that stands out is the offside rule soccer has. An opposing player is not allowed to be in front of a defender on offense. This eliminates fast breaks and goal scoring opportunities. Half the time you think someone might score the whistle is blown for offside. It’s a stupid rule. It reminds me of Icing in hockey—a rule nobody understands and one of the reasons people also hate the sport.

2) The flopping:

This one is pretty bad. Players take epic dives on challenges and steals from opposing players, gripping their leg while writing in theatrical pain on the ground. But then they get up and they’re just fine. Americans don’t respect floppers. At all. And the fact that is so often leads to a bad call and change of possession just makes us sick.

3) The accuracy of the clock:

Two aspects here. One, the clock, which is always running. This is unacceptable. A couple reasons why: First, we never know how much stoppage time should be awarded at the end of a half, because you’re never shown where it’s added up during the half. This is very frustrating, mostly because it’s hard to believe that just 1 or 2 or even 3 or 4 minutes is all that needs to be added at the end of a half. And this is because there are so many instances in which the clock should stop—most notably the celebrations that take place after goals are scored, all the many penalties, free kicks, corners (which take time to set up) and when the ball goes out of bounds, flopping, and injuries, all which lead to copious amounts of stoppage.
The other aspect is the accuracy of the specific calls. There is no replay used in soccer—so the Referees continuously get calls wrong, specifically, out of bounds calls. In other sports, like the NBA, out of bounds calls are huge, and extremely important to fans that they’re called correctly. In soccer, it’s the opposite. It’s almost always called out of bounds on the player who challenges the offensive player. But around 50% of the time the ball actually hits (or grazes) the offensive player BEFORE it goes out of bounds. But no attention seems to be paid to this aspect at all. Accuracy is very important! Controversy over officiating is always a HUGE headline in the U.S. One bad out of bounds call can be endlessly obsessed over. And soccer has a ton of them called wrong practically every minute of the game. Many of which lead to corner kicks, and goal scoring opportunities.

4) Final scores/Low goal outputs:

There are too many players. And draws are UNACCEPTABLE.
We don’t accept low scoring games. That’s why we hate baseball and hockey. There are simply too many players on the field. And with the offside rule….scoring is very limited. Oh, and a draw is absolutely unacceptable. There are no draws in competition. You MUST have a winner. I don’t care if you have to play 2 more hours. You get a winner. Period. What the HELL is wrong with overtime?

How soccer can fix all these things…

1) Get rid of offside. Scoring will increase. And players should be rewarded for being ahead of the defense. This is a completely idiotic rule. And needs to go. Now.
2) If you flop, you’re out. Done. No exceptions. There’s simply no place for it.
3) Stop the DAMN CLOCK when it goes out of bounds, when there’s a penalty, or an injury, or when there’s a celebration after a goal and the ball isn’t in play, and also when free kicks and corner kicks are being set up and taken. (Or just start the extra time that needs to be added once play stops in these instances to the side. But this seems more complicated. Just stop the clock.)
4) Use automatic replay for out of bounds calls, or make a better effort to see who the ball REALLY went off of. Accuracy in officiating is essential. And with out of bounds calls and flopping, soccer doesn’t have much of it.
5) Remove 4 players from each side. 7 on 7 is how soccer should be played. There are too many bodies on the field, which leads to too much clutter and less scoring. And let’s be honest, the 4 players you’re removing are all just playing defense right now anyways. Removing them improves scoring greatly. Do it. We need more goals, and in turn, stars, dynamic offenses, exciting play, and all the things which come with MORE OFFENSE AND MORE HIGHLIGHTS.

Clipper Nation
06-29-2014, 08:19 PM
The comparisons of hockey to soccer are way off-base, tbh.... first of all, icing is easy to understand unless you're retarded.... second of all, yes, hockey is low-scoring, but it makes up for the lack of scoring with the thrill of a ridiculous save, a bone-rattling hit, two players dropping the gloves or even an all-out brawl on the ice... meanwhile in soccer, it's just a bunch of bitchmade faggots flopping like RefKC and pretending to be in pain....

The real reason hockey isn't majorly popular is because the NHL's commissioner is an incompetent buffoon who sucks at promoting his league and has presided over three lockouts and the loss of the ESPN deal.... hockey is only just now starting to recover from the season-cancelling lockout, and even then, they've had another lockout since then....

NASpurs
06-29-2014, 08:37 PM
I'm American (Texan) and I don't give a damn about soccer. I think it's embarrassing to see how much our country embraces it during the World Cup. There are so many problems I see with the game too. Allow me to summarize them in explicit fashion.

1) The rules:

The one that stands out is the offside rule soccer has. An opposing player is not allowed to be in front of a defender on offense. This eliminates fast breaks and goal scoring opportunities. Half the time you think someone might score the whistle is blown for offside. It’s a stupid rule. It reminds me of Icing in hockey—a rule nobody understands and one of the reasons people also hate the sport.

2) The flopping:

This one is pretty bad. Players take epic dives on challenges and steals from opposing players, gripping their leg while writing in theatrical pain on the ground. But then they get up and they’re just fine. Americans don’t respect floppers. At all. And the fact that is so often leads to a bad call and change of possession just makes us sick.

Two aspects here. One, the clock, which is always running. This is unacceptable. A couple reasons why: First, we never know how much stoppage time should be awarded at the end of a half, because you’re never shown where it’s added up during the half. This is very frustrating, mostly because it’s hard to believe that just 1 or 2 or even 3 or 4 minutes is all that needs to be added at the end of a half. And this is because there are so many instances in which the clock should stop—most notably the celebrations that take place after goals are scored, all the many penalties, free kicks, corners (which take time to set up) and when the ball goes out of bounds, flopping, and injuries, all which lead to copious amounts of stoppage.
The other aspect is the accuracy of the specific calls. There is no replay used in soccer—so the Referees continuously get calls wrong, specifically, out of bounds calls. In other sports, like the NBA, out of bounds calls are huge, and extremely important to fans that they’re called correctly. In soccer, it’s the opposite. It’s almost always called out of bounds on the player who challenges the offensive player. But around 50% of the time the ball actually hits (or grazes) the offensive player BEFORE it goes out of bounds. But no attention seems to be paid to this aspect at all. Accuracy is very important! Controversy over officiating is always a HUGE headline in the U.S. One bad out of bounds call can be endlessly obsessed over. And soccer has a ton of them called wrong practically every minute of the game. Many of which lead to corner kicks, and goal scoring opportunities.

We don’t accept low scoring games. That’s why we hate baseball and hockey. There are simply too many players on the field. And with the offside rule….scoring is very limited. Oh, and a draw is absolutely unacceptable. There are no draws in competition. You MUST have a winner. I don’t care if you have to play 2 more hours. You get a winner. Period. What the HELL is wrong with overtime?

1) Get rid of offside. Scoring will increase. And players should be rewarded for being ahead of the defense. This is a completely idiotic rule. And needs to go. Now.
2) If you flop, you’re out. Done. No exceptions. There’s simply no place for it.
3) Stop the DAMN CLOCK when it goes out of bounds, when there’s a penalty, or an injury, or when there’s a celebration after a goal and the ball isn’t in play, and also when free kicks and corner kicks are being set up and taken. (Or just start the extra time that needs to be added once play stops in these instances to the side. But this seems more complicated. Just stop the clock.)
4) Use automatic replay for out of bounds calls, or make a better effort to see who the ball REALLY went off of. Accuracy in officiating is essential. And with out of bounds calls and flopping, soccer doesn’t have much of it.
5) Remove 4 players from each side. 7 on 7 is how soccer should be played. There are too many bodies on the field, which leads to too much clutter and less scoring. And let’s be honest, the 4 players you’re removing are all just playing defense right now anyways. Removing them improves scoring greatly. Do it. We need more goals, and in turn, stars, dynamic offenses, exciting play, and all the things which come with MORE OFFENSE AND MORE HIGHLIGHTS.

I knew this post was going to be hilarious when this dude started with "I'm American". Thanks for the lawls. Every single point was horrible.

baseline bum
06-29-2014, 08:44 PM
Once the US gets eliminated (hopefully Tuesday) no one will give a fuck about poorball. Americans will bandwagon any piece of shit sport. Look at how everyone loved short track speedskating when Aputo Ohno was winning when they couldn't give a shit when the chinks dominated the sport all the way until then.

TeyshaBlue
06-29-2014, 09:11 PM
My fix for poorball:

3 balls in play at any time.

baseline bum
06-29-2014, 09:23 PM
My fix for poorball:

My fix is what they did to that one Mexican faggot who scored on his own goal tbh

http://i.imgur.com/xFzlbrH.jpg

Infinite_limit
06-29-2014, 10:00 PM

1) The rules:

2) The flopping:

Texas, don't you spend your free time living thru the lives of 15 year old High School footballers?

Blake
06-30-2014, 07:56 AM
Have you?

And yet there's more scoring.

Go figure.

Blake
06-30-2014, 07:58 AM
The comparisons of hockey to soccer are way off-base, tbh.... first of all, icing is easy to understand unless you're retarded.... second of all, yes, hockey is low-scoring, but it makes up for the lack of scoring with the thrill of a ridiculous save, a bone-rattling hit, two players dropping the gloves or even an all-out brawl on the ice... meanwhile in soccer, it's just a bunch of bitchmade faggots flopping like RefKC and pretending to be in pain....

Yeah, I still don't get why they allow the fighting in hockey. It takes away from the game which is already hard enough to watch on TV.

Blizzardwizard
06-30-2014, 09:12 AM

1) The rules:

2) The flopping:

:lmao

Removing offside would completely break the game.

And just from a European perspective, I've never understood why there's this obsession in the USA that there MUST BE HIGHLIGHT PLAYS ALL THE TIME. I'd much prefer a low scoring game in which both teams are trying their hardest to score but failing.
Stopping the clock and using replays would turn the game into an artificial product which would turn away 90% of the sport's viewers.

TDMVPDPOY
06-30-2014, 09:19 AM
LOL removing offside, what an idiot, thats just like hey lets remove the 3second in the key violation to allow guys to camp

Blake
06-30-2014, 09:32 AM
My fix for poorball:

Not bad.

My fix would be:

1) remove the goalie/shrink the goal size
2) make each goal worth two points and add a three point line

Kyle Orton
06-30-2014, 09:33 AM
Lol faggots would just stand in front of the goal and wait for the long pass you stupid fuck

and you can be past the last defender, just not at the point of the pass

I'm a diehard NFL fan but I enjoy soccer too. As Harlem said, endurance and cardio is part of athleticism. Yes there are flopping faggots in soccer but they are there in basketball and football too (chip Kelley exposed this even more)

It's nice to be able to watch a soccer game and not plan to spend 3.5 hours of your day and having no commercials is very nice.

I love football ball but I respect the technical aspects and finesse of soccer that the nfl doesn't have. Nfl is the least skilled sport IMO, justs requires huge nigs outside of QB

Infinite_limit
06-30-2014, 11:15 AM
And yet there's more scoring.

Go figure.
Because Americans can't properly count. 6 points for a TD? Why

Relevancy
06-30-2014, 11:23 AM
Americans have this weird thing, where they think the world revolves around them and other countries should follow what they do.

its really weird. How is another person wanna tell me what to like and not what to like? you shouldn't even be breathing if you let others influence you.

Blake
06-30-2014, 11:29 AM
Because Americans can't properly count. 6 points for a TD? Why

Dunno, but I can't think of the last time I've seen a 0-0 tie at the end of regulation.

Infinite_limit
06-30-2014, 11:32 AM
Dunno, but I can't think of the last time I've seen a 0-0 tie at the end of regulation.
Because the NFL has soccer players kicking field goals to bail them out

Clipper Nation
06-30-2014, 11:53 AM
:lmao 0-0 ties
:lmao Soccer

CavsSuperFan
06-30-2014, 11:56 AM
I am starting to like World Cup…Team USA won 1, tied 1, lost 1 & they still get to advance…
It is like park league flag football where every player gets a trophy…

Infinite_limit
06-30-2014, 12:02 PM
I am starting to like World Cup…Team USA won 1, tied 1, lost 1 & they still get to advance…
It is like park league flag football where every player gets a trophy…
Ghana & Portugal advanced?

Blake
06-30-2014, 12:04 PM
Because the NFL has soccer players kicking field goals to bail them out

I'm good with it.

Funny that those soccer players prefer to kick a football than a soccer ball.

Infinite_limit
06-30-2014, 12:07 PM
I'm good with it.

Funny that those soccer players prefer to kick a football than a soccer ball.
Because they couldn't cut it in Global Fusball, so now they dominate the shitty NFL

Blake
06-30-2014, 12:23 PM
Because they couldn't cut it in Global Fusball, so now they dominate the shitty NFL

Yes, they dominate kicking a ball through a giant U.

I'm not sure there's a funnier sight in football than when a return man has evaded all the real athletes and punter/kicker is the only one left to make a touchdown saving tackle.........you can literally see the fear. :lmao

CavsSuperFan
06-30-2014, 12:36 PM
I'm not sure there's a funnier sight in football than when a return man has evaded all the real athletes and punter/kicker is the only one left to make a touchdown saving tackle.........you can literally see the fear.

Exactly...Remember NFL Kicker Tome Dempsey? ½ of a foot & one withered arm….When he played against the Raiders some Raider always decked him after the kick off…Its like, man that is just not right…

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/88/Tom_dempsey.jpg

Infinite_limit
06-30-2014, 01:42 PM
Yes, they dominate kicking a ball through a giant U.

I'm not sure there's a funnier sight in football than when a return man has evaded all the real athletes and punter/kicker is the only one left to make a touchdown saving tackle.........you can literally see the fear. :lmao
Biggest pimps on a NFL team are Kickers

- When touched it's a personal foul
- Finish at the top of scoring lists every season
- Practice very little
- Collect checks til they are 40+ years old

Blake
06-30-2014, 02:15 PM
JK81Ej5hm8s

What a pimp

Infinite_limit
06-30-2014, 02:37 PM
JK81Ej5hm8s

What a pimp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsaFRmbVQ_o

RandomGuy
06-30-2014, 05:23 PM
Is there anybody who doesn't get that Ann Coulter is just trolling? Anyone at all?

RandomGuy
06-30-2014, 05:24 PM

If you are going to talk about Congress... the politics forum is that way...

Spur|n|Austin
07-01-2014, 12:45 PM
LOL i dont even think there is a single b.eaner on the roster

You know if you get that job at USAA you're going to be working with lots of people you call b ea n er s?

baseline bum
07-01-2014, 02:38 PM
You know if you get that job at USAA you're going to be working with lots of people you call b ea n er s?

Wow, this nigga was sweating an interview for a custodial position?

Blake
07-01-2014, 04:43 PM
0-0 thriller going here between US and Belgium.

Lol soccer.

Infinite_limit
07-01-2014, 04:48 PM
0-0 thriller going here between US and Belgium.

Lol soccer.
Arguably the most exciting American sporting event ever

1 mistake and It's over. See you in 4 years.....if you qualify

Blake
07-01-2014, 04:55 PM
Sure

Infinite_limit
07-01-2014, 05:02 PM
And there it is. 1 mistake

Blake
07-01-2014, 05:18 PM
How can anyone sit through 2 hours of this.

Infinite_limit
07-01-2014, 05:19 PM
How can anyone sit through 2 hours of this.
- No commercials
- Very little replays
- Constant moving

Too exciting. You should go watch commercials aka American sports

Blake
07-01-2014, 05:38 PM
- No commercials
- Very little replays
- Constant moving

- little scoring
- little shooting

you actually stay on the couch the whole time?

Damn.

Infinite_limit
07-01-2014, 05:39 PM
- little scoring
- little shooting

you actually stay on the couch the whole time?

Damn.
There are more scoring opportunities than in NFL

Scoring is relative. People complain about a 81-80 Basketball game.

Clipper Nation
07-01-2014, 05:39 PM
- No commercials
- Very little replays
- Constant moving

:lol If my team invested that much money into a retarded gangbanger with no ACL's, I'd hate American sports too....

Infinite_limit
07-01-2014, 05:41 PM
:lol If my team invested that much money into a retarded gangbanger with no ACL's, I'd hate American sports too....
Don't worry, this was just Game 1. The teams play 6 more times

Clipper Nation
07-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Don't worry, this was just Game 1. The teams play 6 more times
Will Rose play 6 more times in his career?

Infinite_limit
07-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Will Rose play 6 more times in his career?
Haha. No

Blake
07-01-2014, 06:40 PM
There are more scoring opportunities than in NFL

Uh, every snap is a scoring opportunity in Football.

11 minutes of scoring opportunities.

Lol 0-0.

Relevancy
07-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Blake and Clipper Nation probably decided one day to play "soccer" but they were probably terrible lol

Their constant bashing of the sport gives it away

baseline bum
07-01-2014, 07:23 PM
So now the US can quit bandwagoning this piece of shit event.

Relevancy
07-02-2014, 07:56 AM
^^ another one lol

Blake
07-02-2014, 08:31 AM
Blake and Clipper Nation probably decided one day to play "soccer" but they were probably terrible lol

Their constant bashing of the sport gives it away

lol messageboard detective