PDA

View Full Version : Four Spurs in top 10 playoff jersey sales for 1st time!

howbouthemspurs
06-28-2014, 02:09 AM
I'm seeing a lot more people jumping on the Spurs bandwagon! All it took was winning 5 championships :lol
I would've never thought to see four of our guys in the top ten in jersey sales! :toast

1. LeBron James, Miami
2. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City
3. TIM DUNCAN, SPURS
4. KAWHI LEONARD, SPURS
5. Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers
6. Dwyane Wade, Miami
7. Stephen Curry, Golden State
8. MANU GINOBILI, SPURS
9. Blake Griffin, L.A. Clippers
10. TONY PARKER, SPURS
11. Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers
12. Derrick Rose, Chicago
13. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City
14. Carmelo Anthony, New York
15. Ray Allen, Miami

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2014/06/26/four-spurs-in-top-15-playoff-jersey-sales-for-1st-time/

alpha_HaZE
06-28-2014, 02:15 AM
nice!

will_spurs
06-28-2014, 02:49 AM
Player #5 wasn't even in the playoffs. Business as usual.

Jenks
06-28-2014, 09:28 AM
Player #5 wasn't even in the playoffs. Business as usual.
Neither were 12 and 14. They're getting ready for 2015 I guess.

Skull-1
06-28-2014, 02:29 PM
Leonard replaces Manu officially as Tim's sidekick. Thank gawd.

barbacoataco
06-28-2014, 08:40 PM
Spurs on top of basketball world. After that playoff run they deserve it beating Mavs,Thunder and Heat and stomping on James.

ElNono
06-28-2014, 08:54 PM
Not surprising it's TD/Kawhi/Manu in the Spurs top 3... I think there was a thread a while back wondering why Spursfan can't quite get behind Tony like they do with the other guys.

Good stuff though. Pretty amazing they outsold league darlings like Griffin, CP3 and Westbrook...

Seventyniner
06-28-2014, 09:49 PM
This was total postseason jersey sales, so it's not surprising that the teams who made it farthest sold the most. What Grizzlies fan would buy a jersey after they got knocked out?

Still funny to see three names on that list that didn't even play in the playoffs. Double :lol for Carmelo who was then about to be a free agent.

Skull-1
06-29-2014, 12:54 PM
Not surprising it's TD/Kawhi/Manu in the Spurs top 3... I think there was a thread a while back wondering why Spursfan can't quite get behind Tony like they do with the other guys.

Good stuff though. Pretty amazing they outsold league darlings like Griffin, CP3 and Westbrook...

Because Tony is a Hollywood prima donna and being French, manages to say very in-your-face, arrogant things (possibly due to English being a second language).

Plus, in Manu's prime, TP was in a competition with the guy to be the better player. Manu would pass the ball to TP but the reverse often didn't happen. I see Manu sometimes wide open with his hand in the air waiting for Heroballer to pass.....which he won't.....and then a turnover or bad shot. That used to be common. Spurs fans don't like that.

BillMc
06-29-2014, 01:15 PM
I still never understand the continual popularity of Melo. He's done nothing his whole career but empty stat filling, he's not even particularly charismatic, yet he sells jerseys, gets endorsements, and the press is hanging on his every word about his future. He doesn't even fill the highlight reel like a young Vince Carter.

wildchild
06-30-2014, 10:10 AM
Good thing for Tim and Leonard in the top, but Allen #15 best selling jerseys? Over Paul George, Noah, Wall, Kemba...crazy.

Russo21
06-30-2014, 10:48 AM
I know its only playoff jersey sales. But you'd think every san Antonio or tim Duncan fan in the world would already have his jersey. As with Kobe at 5. WTF Can't believe their still pulling in new sales in 2014, pretty unreal. Maybe the fans spill too much beer and taco sauce on the jersey at games and buy a knew one lol I duno

Horse
06-30-2014, 12:21 PM
I'm seeing a lot more people jumping on the Spurs bandwagon! All it took was winning 5 championships :lol
I would've never thought to see four of our guys in the top ten in jersey sales! :toast

1. LeBron James, Miami
2. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City
3. TIM DUNCAN, SPURS
4. KAWHI LEONARD, SPURS
5. Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers
6. Dwyane Wade, Miami
7. Stephen Curry, Golden State
8. MANU GINOBILI, SPURS
9. Blake Griffin, L.A. Clippers
10. TONY PARKER, SPURS
11. Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers
12. Derrick Rose, Chicago
13. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City
14. Carmelo Anthony, New York
15. Ray Allen, Miami

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2014/06/26/four-spurs-in-top-15-playoff-jersey-sales-for-1st-time/

Pisses me off where have these frontrunning fucks been the last 7 yrs. I love being a fan of the underapprecited team fuck the bandwagon!