PDA

View Full Version : Knicks: Can Melo even lead a team to a championship ?

bobcatfan4life
06-28-2014, 12:17 PM
Does he have the leadership qualities and skills to do so? Whether he goes to the Bulls or Rockets he won't be the leader.

Infinite_limit
06-28-2014, 12:18 PM
He'd be Robin on the Bulls

Thread
06-28-2014, 12:22 PM
He is the epitome of symbolism over substance.

Why any team would give him a $1, must less 100 million of them is why the league is in the shape it's in.

Clipper Nation
06-28-2014, 01:15 PM
He'd be Robin on the Bulls
Who would be Batman? The mental midget gangbanger? :lol

bobcatfan4life
06-28-2014, 01:17 PM
Big daddy Noah

Buddy Mignon
06-28-2014, 01:34 PM
Does he have the leadership qualities and skills to do so? Whether he goes to the Bulls or Rockets he won't be the leader.

That retard Kiwi did... why not?

06-28-2014, 01:39 PM
D. Rose > CP0

Thread
06-28-2014, 01:48 PM
That retard Kiwi did... why not?

Luva is right. The Fruit led The Fruit to it.

The Batman
06-28-2014, 01:52 PM
Melo gets a worse rep than Choke Paul.

Thread
06-28-2014, 02:22 PM
Melo gets a worse rep than Choke Paul.

That's because Paul is inside the door of ESPN. Anthony is outside with his nose pressed up against the glass.

IrisHockey
06-28-2014, 02:24 PM
He is the epitome of symbolism over substance.

Why any team would give him a $1, must less 100 million of them is why the league is in the shape it's in.

:lol symbolism

mercos
06-28-2014, 08:10 PM
No. Melo couldn't get the Knicks into the playoffs this year. In the Eastern Conference. At least Kevin Love can say the West is stacked and getting in is tough. Melo has no excuse in the Least. I think he will make a great number 2 somewhere, but he is simply not a number 1 option.

Generally speaking, guys who are great at one thing are not good number 1's. A number 1 option needs to be elite in at least two of these categories: scoring, playmaking, defending. The best of the best (Kobe, Lebron, Duncan) could do all three at a high level.

~O~
06-28-2014, 08:20 PM
No. Carmelo Anthony needs one more dimension to him to be that guy. Wade is the only player I feel who was that guy out of that draft. Everyone teamed up with Wade to win though it looks the other way around. Despite the obvious that is LeBron, he takes too much responsibility for generated stats.

Buddy Mignon
06-28-2014, 10:03 PM
Luva is right. The Fruit led The Fruit to it.

Come on Cully... stop holding out in me. Let's have some poetry to that classic title you just coined.

"The Fruit Led The Fruit To It"

- Dale

florige
06-28-2014, 10:16 PM
No. Melo couldn't get the Knicks into the playoffs this year. In the Eastern Conference. At least Kevin Love can say the West is stacked and getting in is tough. Melo has no excuse in the Least. I think he will make a great number 2 somewhere, but he is simply not a number 1 option.

Generally speaking, guys who are great at one thing are not good number 1's. A number 1 option needs to be elite in at least two of these categories: scoring, playmaking, defending. The best of the best (Kobe, Lebron, Duncan) could do all three at a high level.

Please Melo as a number 2 somewhere. He is a glorified Dominque Wilkins with less hops and a better jump shot. The problem with Anthony is he thinks his name is in the same conversation as LBJ when in reality he is no where close to being on the same level. Like you said anytime you couldn't do anything in the weak east speaks volumes. Even LBJ took his crappy Cav's team to the Finals once and to the playoffs every year and that was back when the East wasn't as big of a joke as it is now.

Thread
06-28-2014, 10:16 PM
Come on Cully... stop holding out in me. Let's have some poetry to that classic title you just coined.

"The Fruit Led The Fruit To It"

- Dale

Luva

Findog
06-29-2014, 08:54 PM
He either takes the money to stay in NY or he leaves for Miami if the Heat can carve out a salary close to the max for him.

He's a front-running pussy, so no way he comes to the Mavs or Rockets. The Western Conference is fucking Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad, whereas the East is Full House or Growing Pains. If he goes anywhere besides NY, it'll be Miami or Chicago. And I just can't see him choosing to team up with Noah and Rose over LeBron and friends. He always takes the easy way out - that's either NY for the money or Miami for the Finals appearances.

HemisfairArena
06-29-2014, 09:19 PM
He either takes the money to stay in NY or he leaves for Miami if the Heat can carve out a salary close to the max for him.

He's a front-running pussy, so no way he comes to the Mavs or Rockets. The Western Conference is fucking Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad, whereas the East is Full House or Growing Pains. If he goes anywhere besides NY, it'll be Miami or Chicago. And I just can't see him choosing to team up with Noah and Rose over LeBron and friends. He always takes the easy way out - that's either NY for the money or Miami for the Finals appearances.

While I agree with your assessment of Melo,,,,you over value your Mavs as a desirable place to play. Dallas is a joke and will not land a top tier free agent anytime soon,,,tbh

ElNono
06-29-2014, 10:18 PM
No

Franklin
06-29-2014, 11:57 PM
I'll be happy with Deng signing with us :king

Let's not talk like Melo would make the same level of impact as Lebron would. The addition of Lebron would make any playoff team become a title contender immediately but honestly speaking I don't want him in Dallas because he's known son of a bitch. Melo and Satan are similar in that they're both pussies seeking the easiest way to finals, but I'd still rather take melo over the Great Satan Lebron tbh.