PDA

View Full Version : Howard Dean leader of Democrat National C.

Vashner
08-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Howard Dean leader of Democrat National C.

So do liberals really think that a no compromise guy. Hates "everything" republicans stand for. Is going to get them back in office?

Or will it keep them out of office for another 11 years?

Was Dean installed because of his Soros money connections?

How can someone with a history of Dean bring in the republicans that the DNC needs to vote for DNC politicians in order to win back power?

They can't win back power without a good amount of people from the right voting for them like they did for Clinton and Carter.

discuss...

SWC Bonfire
08-18-2005, 12:33 PM
Dean brings in money & support, he stays.

He doesn't, he goes.

Pretty cut & dry. He doesn't have to be popular with Republicans to extract money from core supporters. He does have to make sure that he doesn't make the democratic cantidates unattractive to moderate voters.

Hook Dem
08-18-2005, 12:41 PM
"He does have to make sure that he doesn't make the democratic cantidates unattractive to moderate voters." ..............Not off to a very good start is he? :lol

Nbadan
08-18-2005, 01:48 PM
Umm, Ken Melhman, the RNC chair is likely gay, but you don't see Democrats openly attacking him, so why all the concern by Republicans about Dean? Well, Dean is a problem for the RNC because he is a populist, and Democratic Populists tend win elections when they are not sabotaged by members in their own party.

The whole George Soro-Moveon.org thing has been over-played by the Republican right-wing echo-chamber. If you want to talk about mega-rich financiers who are or have influencing American history negatively let's talk about Preston Bush, financier of the Nazi war machine, and Richard Mellon Scaife, who brought us the Swift boat veterans and Stolen Honor, but Limpballs and the rest of his elk aren't gonna bring those men up because they support Republican causes.

SWC Bonfire
08-18-2005, 01:53 PM
and the rest of his elk

http://www.wildlands.org/images/elk9.jpg

Is this one of them?

SWC Bonfire
08-18-2005, 01:55 PM
"He does have to make sure that he doesn't make the democratic cantidates unattractive to moderate voters." ..............Not off to a very good start is he? :lol

Depends if the cantidates can distance themselves from him and the other problems moderate voters have with the democratic party.

Nbadan
08-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Depends if the cantidates can distance themselves from him and the other problems moderate voters have with the democratic party.

About the only weakness I see in the Democratic Party is that they need to appear to be stronger on defense, although, in all truth they have supported the war on terror from day one, but votes on appropriation bills for the war have been spun to make them appear like they are voting against supporting the troops. See, who cares about reality?

whottt
08-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Dean>Kerry....

At least Dean has conviction behind his beliefs...fucked up beliefs though they may be....

Dos
08-18-2005, 03:07 PM
the democrats will never win as the anti war party, thats why they are looking for the DLC to bring forth a moderate... I wonder what they will do if a pro life democrat is the choice.... that would be fun... *S*

Nbadan
08-18-2005, 03:21 PM
the democrats will never win as the anti war party, thats why they are looking for the DLC to bring forth a moderate... I wonder what they will do if a pro life democrat is the choice.... that would be fun... *S*

If that were true they would have already nominated Hillary, but she is a long way from winning this nomination. Wesley Clark comes to mind.

SWC Bonfire
08-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Wesley Clark was attractive to almost everyone except the most liberal of the democratic party, who voted him out in the primary.

jochhejaam
08-18-2005, 03:46 PM
:lol
Dean>Kerry....

At least Dean has conviction behind his beliefs...fucked up beliefs though they may be....

:lol True, much of what he says isn't going to inspire the masses but his instability is sincere.

whottt
08-18-2005, 05:01 PM
Seriously though...if you were against the War...who seems more sincere to you? Kerry or Dean?

Now it's true that Kerry once commited traitrorous acts and sold America and the South Vietnamese out to communism in a way that would have made Stalin and NBAdan proud...and demonized his brother soldiers in the process....

Yet even the bit of integrity he might have had with the communist/America hating faction of the Democratic Party was shot when he supported the Iraq war motion.

With Dean you know you are at least getting a true anti-war candidate...with Kerry you can't even say that.

And for some reason I don't get that I hate America and want to see it destroyed vibe from Dean like I did Kerry...so even his anti-war sentiment is more pure. Dean's fucked in the headeness is a legitimate mental disorder and is therefore pure...Kerry's is more along the lines of calculated evil.

jochhejaam
08-18-2005, 06:22 PM
Seriously though...if you were against the War...who seems more sincere to you? Kerry or Dean?

Now it's true that Kerry once commited traitrorous acts and sold America and the South Vietnamese out to communism in a way that would have made Stalin and NBAdan proud...and demonized his brother soldiers in the process....

With Dean you know you are at least getting a true anti-war candidate...with Kerry you can't even say that.

And for some reason I don't get that I hate America and want to see it destroyed vibe from Dean like I did Kerry...so even his anti-war sentiment is more pure. Dean's fucked in the headeness is a legitimate mental disorder and is therefore pure...Kerry's is more along the lines of calculated evil.

Dean.
For more than 20 years, on every one of the great issues of freedom and security, John Kerry has been more wrong, more weak and more wobbly than any other national figure.
Zell Miller

ClintSquint
08-19-2005, 01:14 AM
http://paulkatcher.com/images/howard_dean.jpg
"Yeaeeeaaaaah!"

Nbadan
08-19-2005, 01:14 AM
Welcome aboard the Dean bus folks, buckle that safety belt cause its gonna be a bumpy ride....

Dean Was Right

General Eric K. Shinseki was right when he said we needed more troops for the war in Iraq. General Anthony Zinni was right when he said our preparations for the war were so negligent that it was a dereliction of duty. George H. W. Bush was right when he said we would be perceived as “an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land” if we went into Iraq. But most of all, Howard Dean was right because he had the most complete warning – don’t do it!

For this Dean was labeled an extremist. I assume the mainstream media would like to apologize now for being so wrong about Howard Dean. They apologize at the drop of a hat if conservatives complain they got any detail of a story wrong. Where’s the apology to Dean -- you were right about Iraq, we were wrong!

If you don’t believe that Howard Dean was right about the war, then read his February 17, 2003 address at Drake University a month before the invasion

Huffington Post (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/theblog/archive/cenk-uygur/dean-was-right_5772.html)

cecil collins
08-19-2005, 01:39 AM

Yet even the bit of integrity he might have had with the communist/America hating faction of the Democratic Party was shot when he supported the Iraq war motion.

Yet if I were to say that Bush was evil, it would be ridiculous. To question the government does not exactly make one a traitor. It's easier to demonize those who have acted demonically. If there were a communist/America hating faction, don't you think the communist party would recieve more support. Dean is less fucked up in the head than a man who thinks he is doing gods will by privatizing everything(Jesus was against greed)and using lies to gain support for an illegitamate war.

whottt
08-19-2005, 01:40 AM
Shouldn't you be on a raft to Cuba and Daddy Fidel right about now?

Don't let us stop you.

cecil collins
08-19-2005, 03:46 AM
Right, because I am American I have to accept capatilism as the only successful economic system or leave. Do I think Castro is perfect? No, but what the hell is? You are blinded by what you have had drilled into your head since you could talk. Americans don't have to hate(or love) communism.

Nbadan
08-19-2005, 04:15 AM
Don't fret Cecil, something tells me Whott would have disliked even Martin Luther King...

Blaming the Antiwar Messengers
By Norman Solomon

They called Martin Luther King Jr. a demagogue

The surge of antiwar voices in U.S. media this month has coincided with new lows in public approval for what pollsters call President Bush’s “handling” of the Iraq war. After more than two years of a military occupation that was supposed to be a breeze after a cakewalk into Baghdad, the war has become a clear PR loser. But an unpopular war can continue for a long time—and one big reason is that the military-industrial-media complex often finds ways to blunt the effectiveness of its most prominent opponents.

<snip>

Martin Luther King Jr. found that former allies could become incensed when he went out of his way to challenge the war. In his “Beyond Vietnam” speech delivered at New York’s Riverside Church on April 4, 1967, King called the United States “the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today.” From Vietnam to South Africa to Latin America, he said, the U.S. was “on the wrong side of a world revolution.” King asked why the U.S. was suppressing revolutions “of the shirtless and barefoot people” in the Third World, instead of supporting them.

That kind of talk drew barbs and denunciations from media quarters that had applauded his efforts to end racial segregation. Time magazine called the speech “demagogic slander that sounded like a script for Radio Hanoi.” The Washington Post warned that “King has diminished his usefulness to his cause, his country, his people.”

gnn.TV (http://gnn.tv/articles/1613/Blaming_the_Antiwar_Messengers)

whottt
08-19-2005, 10:39 AM
Right, because I am American I have to accept capatilism as the only successful economic system or leave.

Pretty much.

Do I think Castro is perfect? No, but what the hell is?

You are blinded by what you have had drilled into your head since you could talk. Americans don't have to hate(or love) communism.

Cecil...go to Cuba no one is keeping you from doing so...go there and be gone.

It'll be a relief to see less stupidity on the internet once you can no longer use a computer.

Go to Cuba. Go. Live there. Be communist. Enjoy yourself. No one is stopping you.

I was joking about you taking a raft there...you only have to do that to escape Cuba...not to go there.

cecil collins
08-20-2005, 07:15 AM
Thanks for your blessing. Never did I say that I was a communist, I just said that it could be a good thing in some situations(or to that effect.) Actually the US government might try to stop me. I believe they have restrictions on US citizens rights as far as defecting. I wouldn't leave the country anyway, but maybe you should go to hell. I would have assumed you were mired in stupidity by some of your comments.

clubalien
08-20-2005, 11:49 AM
dean=pro gun
dean=hated by democartic elite
dean=hated by republican elite
what more could you want

Das Texan
08-21-2005, 02:22 PM

what election have the democrats been a part of since he took over after the election year 2004 ended?

what effect dean will truly have over the democratic party and the candidates for office and in turn the results wont be known until next November at the earliest.