PDA

View Full Version : Wade and Haslem opt out

ElNono
06-28-2014, 02:36 PM
per downstairs... wonder what kind of deals Pat is offering them long term to bring Lebron back

Dex
06-28-2014, 02:40 PM
Points to Miami trying to put things back together. Now Bosh needs to follow suit if they want Lebron to stay.

Chinook
06-28-2014, 02:44 PM
Points to Miami trying to put things back together. Now Bosh needs to follow suit if they want Lebron to stay.

Unless they're trading Bosh for Lowery.

elemento
06-28-2014, 02:45 PM

That would be such a moronic move !

phxspurfan
06-28-2014, 02:48 PM

LOL @ Bosh back to Toronto

TheGoldStandard
06-28-2014, 02:49 PM
They'll probably make 15 a piece this coming season, maybe a 75 million dollar deal in total with a large part of that guaranteed.

elemento
06-28-2014, 02:50 PM
Brian Windhorst says that Bosh plans to opt out to. They're staying together, no doubt about it.

vander
06-28-2014, 02:51 PM
Props to wade if true

Kawhi
06-28-2014, 02:51 PM
Totally unexpected

smaka
06-28-2014, 02:52 PM
Bosh wants 15-16M/year :lol That's almost Timmy and Boris combined.

TheGoldStandard
06-28-2014, 02:54 PM
They'll free up about 16 -18 mil to fill out the roster

Robz4000
06-28-2014, 02:58 PM
Surprised Wade opted out tbh, now it's a sure thing Lebron stays. No idea about Bosh tho.

BatManu20
06-28-2014, 02:58 PM
As expected. They're bringing the band back. And now that they got Napier, they're not going to trade Bosh for Lowery, which would've been dumb anyways. Bosh is too important to their success. They're pretty much guaranteed a trip back the Finals as constructed anyways, so sense in blowing it up.

TheGreatYacht
06-28-2014, 03:00 PM
Idc. Pay Mills, Pay Diaw, Pay Chip

TheDarkSide.
06-28-2014, 03:01 PM
Was it already common knowledge that James was seeking a max contract?? I was under the impression all 3 would take less money to 'retool'

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-28-2014, 03:11 PM
LeBron supposedly wants a near max contract, and Bosh wants ~$15 million. How can that even work in Miami's favor?

ChumpDumper
06-28-2014, 03:12 PM
Wade is taking a risk, but could just be content with years instead of up front money.

I would love to think they are blowing it up, but there's no need to do that in the East.

Indazone
06-28-2014, 03:15 PM
With all these players opting out, it's over. The Heat are done.

Splits
06-28-2014, 03:26 PM
LeBron supposedly wants a near max contract, and Bosh wants ~$15 million. How can that even work in Miami's favor?

Not sure. They have $55m in cap space now. If Bron takes 5/120 that leaves $31m for the rest of the roster.

elemento
06-28-2014, 03:33 PM
With all these players opting out, it's over. The Heat are done.

Quite the opposite. It's pretty much a lock that they're staying together.

cd021
06-28-2014, 03:36 PM
Each take a 4 year $60 million dollar deal

45 million
+
Cole, Allen, Haslem, Lewis and Napier= about $6.7 million
= 51.7 million (roughly) for 9 players.

they'd have about 11 million to sign four players. If that is correct

Big P
06-28-2014, 03:37 PM
So now they are under the cap and can't use the MLE? How much money are they going to save?

cd021
06-28-2014, 03:37 PM
Not sure. They have $55m in cap space now. If Bron takes 5/120 that leaves $31m for the rest of the roster.

He isn't taking max. I've heard a 4 year deal with the first two guaranteed and an opt out that. Doubt he'd make more than 16 or 17 this season

benefactor
06-28-2014, 03:40 PM

45 million
+

Bron isn't doing that. They will have to pay him the max or near the max or he will walk.

benefactor
06-28-2014, 03:40 PM
He isn't taking max. I've heard a 4 year deal with the first two guaranteed and an opt out that. Doubt he'd make more than 16 or 17 this season
Woj is reporting he wants a max deal.

cd021
06-28-2014, 03:41 PM
So now they are under the cap and can't use the MLE? How much money are they going to save?

correct they are the cap so no MLE. I think they could have as much as $12-15 million but that has to be split over 4 or 5 roster spots.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-28-2014, 03:41 PM

While Bosh, Wade and Haslem could ultimately take less money with the early termination outs in their deals, James, the NBA's four-time MVP, is seeking a full maximum contract extension – or something close to it – to stay with Miami, sources told Yahoo Sports.

sports.yahoo.com/news/dwyane-wade--chris-bosh--udonis-haslem-entering-free-agency-in-hope-of-keeping-lebron-james-in-miami-173919540.html

cd021
06-28-2014, 03:42 PM
Woj is reporting he wants a max deal.

I stand corrected. That means Wade and Bosh must either be bolting or taking even less than originally though.

benefactor
06-28-2014, 03:45 PM
The fact of the matter is that Bron should not ask for less than the max. He's the best player in the world and he's in his prime. Wade is washed up and Bosh is part time no show. Wade and Bosh need to come back at a discount or Miami needs to go another direction.

justinandimcool
06-28-2014, 03:46 PM
good thing we got one, Heat with LBJ/Wade/Melo and Lowry taking 3 of the next 5 titles tbh.

cd021
06-28-2014, 03:51 PM
good thing we got one, Heat with LBJ/Wade/Melo and Lowry taking 3 of the next 5 titles tbh.

Is that really that much better than the team we crushed. Bosh is a key component of their defense and is one of the best shooting bigs in the league.

kobyz
06-28-2014, 03:52 PM
Heat and Thunder gonna be a lot better next season, we must sign Paul Pierce and not staying put!

LakerHater
06-28-2014, 03:53 PM
Arent they still over the cap?

Mel_13
06-28-2014, 03:54 PM
Props to wade if true

He'll probably get a new deal that includes a 15-20 million dollar increase in guaranteed money. I'd hold off on the props.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2014, 03:56 PM
There's no telling what the Heat three have on their minds. They could collectively be demanding a payday to make up for the discount years. I'm sure Haslem is looking for years -- maybe the others would be content with that as well.

Anyway, :corn:

LakerHater
06-28-2014, 03:57 PM

Darkwaters
06-28-2014, 04:00 PM
The fact of the matter is that Bron should not ask for less than the max. He's the best player in the world and he's in his prime. Wade is washed up and Bosh is part time no show. Wade and Bosh need to come back at a discount or Miami needs to go another direction.

Exactly. The idea of a "Big 3" is a total misnomer. It has always been the Miami LeBrons and his band of Ringchasing Tag-alongs

ChumpDumper
06-28-2014, 04:01 PM
482981293303799808Yep, and if James is looking for the max or near max for him, cap space probably isn't going to matter unless they let the other stars go or trade them.

Darkwaters
06-28-2014, 04:02 PM
Heat and Thunder gonna be a lot better next season, we must sign Paul Pierce and not staying put!

What have the Thunder done except draft two unproven rookies?

Same with the Heat. They haven't done anything yet except draft Napier.

Lets see where the cards fall.

Mal
06-28-2014, 04:03 PM
James wants out, by wanting max deal. I wonder how strong is their bond. Wade and Bosh arent worth more than 10 mil a year. James is worth max.

benefactor
06-28-2014, 04:11 PM
Prediction...Wade comes back for much less, Bosh walks and they fill out the rest of the roster with decent role players.

Big P
06-28-2014, 04:21 PM
correct they are the cap so no MLE. I think they could have as much as $12-15 million but that has to be split over 4 or 5 roster spots.

Thanks...kind of sounds like they are spinning their wheels...oh well..no matter... I'm a Spurs fan..thanks CD...:toast

dbreiden83080
06-28-2014, 04:31 PM
As expected. They're bringing the band back. And now that they got Napier, they're not going to trade Bosh for Lowery, which would've been dumb anyways. Bosh is too important to their success. They're pretty much guaranteed a trip back the Finals as constructed anyways, so sense in blowing it up.

The Pacers can beat them.. They just need to get their heads out of their asses and man the fuck up.. I know everyone will deny now that it is possible but the Heat have so many flaws.

dbreiden83080
06-28-2014, 04:33 PM

It's going to be tough on the Heat no matter what because Wade is done. Do not be fooled by any of his play next year if it's great in stretches. If they make it to June again he will have nothing in the tank again.. His legs literally can't handle playing every other day..

dbreiden83080
06-28-2014, 04:35 PM
James wants out, by wanting max deal. I wonder how strong is their bond. Wade and Bosh arent worth more than 10 mil a year. James is worth max.

Get Bosh off the team IMO.. He is too soft and doesn't do enough.. the Heat Pay him 20 mil to stand around and shoot the occasional outside jumper..

Mal
06-28-2014, 04:39 PM
Get Bosh off the team IMO.. He is too soft and doesn't do enough.. the Heat Pay him 20 mil to stand around and shoot the occasional outside jumper..

So he shouldnt opt out, then you have to find team, which is willing to take his 20mil for jumpshots. It wont be easy

kobyz
06-28-2014, 04:42 PM

Thunder draft two players who upgrade their team immediately and they are not done... McGary is an improvement over Perkins, as a player he is a better Splitter, splitter without the softness and with better technic on his shot and finishing... Huestis is the best defensive player in the draft, he is like Shane Batier in his prime, can hit open threes and improvement over Sapolosha right now... Both players also are great iq players, understanding ball movement so they improve most needed aspect... To me Thunder may not have a flashy draft but they had fantastic draft, persty done it again! Miami got a steal, they draft great talent, most ready PG in the draft that fit perfectly, MJ do Riley big time favor!

cd021
06-28-2014, 04:44 PM

Disagree. He is a major part of their trap defense. Without him they'd probably be far worse on that end playing Man to man with a bunch of 30 somethings.

His 3pt shooting put Indiana in a tough spot. If they match down, then their defense suffers. If they match up then he can draw Hibbert out of the paint and still have a few open looks from 3.

elemento
06-28-2014, 05:00 PM
Disagree. He is a major part of their trap defense. Without him they'd probably be far worse on that end playing Man to man with a bunch of 30 somethings.

His 3pt shooting put Indiana in a tough spot. If they match down, then their defense suffers. If they match up then he can draw Hibbert out of the paint and still have a few open looks from 3.

Agreed ! I think people are selling him short here. He is still a great player and very underrated on both ends.

BatManu20
06-28-2014, 05:14 PM
The Pacers can beat them.. They just need to get their heads out of their asses and man the fuck up.. I know everyone will deny now that it is possible but the Heat have so many flaws.

If they had a PG I would agree with you. But they don't, so they won't.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-28-2014, 05:16 PM
They'll free up about 16 -18 mil to fill out the roster

They have Cole, resign Allen, they promised to resign Haslem. Since they are under the cap, shabazz salary counts. Altogether that's about 8 mil. Lebron and co. Probably get their 15 mil each. That leaves 10 mil to sign 9 spots.

I don't see players signing for peanuts like last time.

Heat fans are so delusional. They are comparing Miami's retooling to the Spurs. Those stupid ass mofos trying to compare a bought team with one built and developed.

anakha
06-28-2014, 05:43 PM

Pierce is kobyz's new shtick this summer, since 'I wanna kill myself' had gotten old.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2014, 05:44 PM
Maybe kobyz will commit suicide when the Spurs don't sign Pierce.

T Park
06-28-2014, 05:48 PM

In what world can they put those four together....

ducks
06-28-2014, 05:49 PM
Again, Bosh has not decided. Still has two days. There was a miscommunication in a text to me earlier. Not sure on the other reports.
3:33pm - 28 Jun 14
tim reynolds heat beat writer
that was 3:33 az time 3 hours behind eastern time

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-28-2014, 05:54 PM
In what world can they put those four together....

Lowry made 8 mil last season. Do people really think he is going to take less when the Raptors want to resign him for at least that much and the lakers also willing to pay him that much.

After the beat down the Spurs gave the Heat, I believe players are done trying to ride Lebron's, while he makes his money and they are left with the paltry check.

Reason Spurs players take discount is because the org develops them and are the reason they are the players they are today. Loyalty goes a long way.

vander
06-28-2014, 06:02 PM
this is a big relief to me. of all the Melo/Lebron/Love FA scenarios: Melo and Lebron in Miami (with that Wade anchor around their neck) is the least dangerous to the Spurs. if they had all gone to teams that were playoff caliber without them...

ducks
06-28-2014, 06:06 PM
Lowry made 8 mil last season. Do people really think he is going to take less when the Raptors want to resign him for at least that much and the lakers also willing to pay him that much.

After the beat down the Spurs gave the Heat, I believe players are done trying to ride Lebron's, while he makes his money and they are left with the paltry check.

Reason Spurs players take discount is because the org develops them and are the reason they are the players they are today. Loyalty goes a long way.

they develop them and pay for the medical bills also even if they are not under contract

yankees won titles with homegrown talent have not since they have none
homegrown talent works

tholdren
06-28-2014, 06:07 PM

This makes no sense. in 2013 Lebron made 34 million in endorsements and climbing. He doesnt need the max. Lebron wants to be considered the best player ever, which he isnt, and will pay for that title by taking less money. He knows the only way he will get in the GOAT talk is rings, but doesnt realize that any intelligent fan of the game will insist the GOATs will have beaten the best, not bandwagoned with the best.

spurs10
06-28-2014, 06:09 PM
Man it's nice the Spurs are the team everyone's trying to beat.

Darkwaters
06-28-2014, 06:17 PM
Pierce is kobyz's new shtick this summer, since 'I wanna kill myself' had gotten old.

Oh I know. I've seen the repeated posts.

Darkwaters
06-28-2014, 06:19 PM
Thunder draft two players who upgrade their team immediately and they are not done... McGary is an improvement over Perkins, as a player he is a better Splitter, splitter without the softness and with better technic on his shot and finishing... Huestis is the best defensive player in the draft, he is like Shane Batier in his prime, can hit open threes and improvement over Sapolosha right now... Both players also are great iq players, understanding ball movement so they improve most needed aspect... To me Thunder may not have a flashy draft but they had fantastic draft, persty done it again! Miami got a steal, they draft great talent, most ready PG in the draft that fit perfectly, MJ do Riley big time favor!

So yea, pretty much exactly what I said. Two unproven rookies.

McGary better than Splitter? I'm not going to even validate that with a legitimate response...

Old School 44
06-28-2014, 06:31 PM
They can field a 5 to 8 man all- star roster for all I care. It will just be more gratifying to knock them out for anybody. Hope we have the rubber match with a retooled Heat roster. That would be epic!

mando6599
06-28-2014, 06:57 PM
Media praising Miami big 3 for opting out makes me wanna puke! Puhleeze!
Spurs players been doing this for years and years! Every team just wants to be like us!

Spurs have set the standard again!

Taking it to the Hole
06-28-2014, 07:31 PM
This is actually good news because you want to beat the best and to be honest there is no one better in the East. This could be the start of several years of matchups with the Heat. Our only downside is our 3 best players are getting older but then again so are the Heats so it is always going to come down to role players and even if the Heat bring new faces in to contribute, they may not have the right chemistry to cohesively work together like the Spurs's bench. I am interested in seeing what pieces they add and who they retain because LeBron now fully understands he can't do it alone.

cjw
06-28-2014, 07:56 PM

45 million
+

At 4 / $60 they could likely take escalating deals (+7.5% per year with Bird rights). That deal would start off at $13.4mm each and be $16.7mm by year 4. Under that scenario, they would be at:

Lowest I can see any of the contracts going:

$40.2mm Big Three (under above 4 / $60; likely that there's an opt-out after a few years and they can get back onto higher salaries)
$1.0 Shabazz (rookie scale)
$2.0 Cole
$1.45 Haslem (league minimum, assuming he takes that and Micky throws him some shares in the team when he retires)
$1.45 Lewis (same league minimum for 10+ years)
$1.45 Allen (starting to stretch here assuming he takes the minimum)
========================
$47.7mm on eight players

If they want to get another big fish, they would have roster holds on three spots at roughly $500k apiece (11 total) and assuming the $63.2mm cap, they would have $14.0mm to offer to that fourth guy. If he took the same amount as the Big 3, then there is $600k more to go around.

There are probably ways to maneuver around it by renouncing Allen, Haslem and Lewis and add another $3mm to the pot, but not sure if once you renounce guys you can resign them (a) if at all and (b) even in that case, to anything more than the minimum if you're over the cap. And wouldn't the team also get the under the cap mini MLE too?

DAF86
06-28-2014, 08:04 PM
Heat will end up with Pau Gasol.

vander
06-28-2014, 08:28 PM
Media praising Miami big 3 for opting out makes me wanna puke! Puhleeze!
Spurs players been doing this for years and years! Every team just wants to be like us!

Spurs have set the standard again!

I don't remember a Spurs player taking much less than he could have gotten elsewhere to play in SA. maybe someone could remind me? TD's latest contract was fair, TP's was fair, manu's last contract was too much tbh

ajh18
06-28-2014, 08:30 PM

I think so too. I think Gasol goes to the Heat for $7-8 M annually. Then they chase a second decent backup for $3M.

DAF86
06-28-2014, 08:32 PM
I think so too. I think Gasol goes to the Heat for $7-8 M annually. Then they chase a second decent backup for $3M.

So, in your opinion the Heat ends up with Gasol too. :lol

Uriel
06-28-2014, 08:38 PM
I don't know why SpursTalk isn't more terrified of this news, tbh. We know that LeBron wants a max contract. But Wade, Bosh, and Haslem are all almost certainly going to take pay cuts. The Heat will have cap space to sign a 2nd-tier free agent--like Kyle Lowry, who is an all-star PG (the Heat's weakest position).

Could the Spurs really beat a Heat Big 4 in next year's Finals with a fatigued Manu Ginobili?

06-28-2014, 08:39 PM
Things are not looking good for the rest of the league. The Heat should be able to add another legitimate piece now.

The rest of the NBA executives must be severely pissed. They should facilitate a Kevin Durant trade to the Spurs for peanuts just out of spite.

ajh18
06-28-2014, 08:40 PM

Yep, that's why I quoted you and said "I think so too."

ElNono
06-28-2014, 08:47 PM
I don't know why SpursTalk isn't more terrified of this news, tbh. We know that LeBron wants a max contract. But Wade, Bosh, and Haslem are all almost certainly going to take pay cuts. The Heat will have cap space to sign a 2nd-tier free agent--like Kyle Lowry, who is an all-star PG (the Heat's weakest position).

Could the Spurs really beat a Heat Big 4 in next year's Finals with a fatigued Manu Ginobili?

Too early. Teams will try to get better, that in and of itself isn't news or terrifying. The Spurs still have to take care of their own business before we can start worrying about what other teams will do, IMO.

Personally, gonna enjoy the championship, enjoy the summer and keep and eye on what the Spurs do, and worry about next season when we're there.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2014, 09:01 PM
I'll never be upset or "terrified" or disappointed after this championship. I can't see anything ever topping it tbh.

TampaDude
06-28-2014, 09:21 PM
I'll never be upset or "terrified" or disappointed after this championship. I can't see anything ever topping it tbh.

:toast

Two10Whitey
06-28-2014, 09:32 PM
Doesn't matter what these pitiful and mediocre teams do this summer.. We have KYLE ANDERSON! :lobt2:

cd021
06-28-2014, 10:06 PM
At 4 / $60 they could likely take escalating deals (+7.5% per year with Bird rights). That deal would start off at $13.4mm each and be $16.7mm by year 4. Under that scenario, they would be at:

Lowest I can see any of the contracts going:

$40.2mm Big Three (under above 4 / $60; likely that there's an opt-out after a few years and they can get back onto higher salaries)
$1.0 Shabazz (rookie scale)
$2.0 Cole
$1.45 Haslem (league minimum, assuming he takes that and Micky throws him some shares in the team when he retires)
$1.45 Lewis (same league minimum for 10+ years)
$1.45 Allen (starting to stretch here assuming he takes the minimum)
========================
$47.7mm on eight players

If they want to get another big fish, they would have roster holds on three spots at roughly $500k apiece (11 total) and assuming the $63.2mm cap, they would have $14.0mm to offer to that fourth guy. If he took the same amount as the Big 3, then there is $600k more to go around.

There are probably ways to maneuver around it by renouncing Allen, Haslem and Lewis and add another $3mm to the pot, but not sure if once you renounce guys you can resign them (a) if at all and (b) even in that case, to anything more than the minimum if you're over the cap. And wouldn't the team also get the under the cap mini MLE too?

:tu forgot about the raises (for some reason I assumed they'd all be on base contracts, that pays the same salary every year) We both forgot about Hamilton who is a team option for less than $900,000 (a cheap way to fill out the roster) and Birdman Anderson. That would put it up to 10 roster spots. They renounce all 4 vets and still resign them but for the vet min (which probably isn't that big of a deal, save for Haslem)

So they could have about $11.7 million to fill out the roster, that's still not very much considering. I've been hearing about Lowry and Gasol but getting both seems a bit of a pipe dream and wouldn't address their big man situation (the most glaring need).

Lowry is probably worth at least $10 million per season, he was the best PG in that conference and probably the 5th or 6th best PG in the NBA last season. There was a report that he was to be signed and traded for picks and Cole but that wasn't true. He has been under payed for several seasons and is 28 so i'm not entirely sure he'd take less than market value to play there.

Bosh, Gasol, Anderson, Lewis and Haslem isn't a particularly great rotation given Gasol's age and defensive issues along with his tendency to miss chunks of seasons with injuries.

They are unable to use the MLE because they dropped far below the cap. If all 3 had opted in, then they would have been able to use the full MLE and B.A.E (i'm not as sure about that one). Haslem would have still needed to opt out.

benefactor
06-28-2014, 10:10 PM
This makes no sense. in 2013 Lebron made 34 million in endorsements and climbing. He doesnt need the max. Lebron wants to be considered the best player ever, which he isnt, and will pay for that title by taking less money. He knows the only way he will get in the GOAT talk is rings, but doesnt realize that any intelligent fan of the game will insist the GOATs will have beaten the best, not bandwagoned with the best.
Just so we have an understanding, when I'm posting I'm never speaking to you. I'm only answering you this one time so you will be aware of that. If there ever comes a time when I want to speak to you...like the time I told you should have never made it out of your mother's birth canal alive...I will address you directly. Thanks.

FireMicoHalili
06-28-2014, 10:10 PM
Haslem is useless. Duncan had him for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the finals. Can talk all you want about experience and locker room presence but guy has nothing left in the tank. All the guy does is look tough. I hope Miami 's offseason plan falls to pieces.

cd021
06-28-2014, 10:12 PM

If its a round 3 next year I'd probably still favor the Spurs. Even if they wind up with Pau and Lowry to go alongside the big 3 in the starting lineup. The Spurs could stay with their normal starting unit. Miami would probably have to change up some of their defensive schemes as well with him in the rotation.

They have been one of the worst boarding teams over the Heatles tenure, that would probably still be a big issue as well.

cd021
06-28-2014, 10:15 PM
Haslem is useless. Duncan had him for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the finals. Can talk all you want about experience and locker room presence but guy has nothing left in the tank. All the guy does is look tough. I hope Miami 's offseason plan falls to pieces.

He probably looking at a multi-year deal to finish out his career in Miami. He has fallen off a cliff production wise in a short amount of time. But he did them a favor so they will take care of him.

Darkwaters
06-28-2014, 10:16 PM
Just so we have an understanding, when I'm posting I'm never speaking to you. I'm only answering you this one time so you will be aware of that. If there ever comes a time when I want to speak to you...like the time I told you should have never made it out of your mother's birth canal alive...I will address you directly. Thanks.

:lol

FireMicoHalili
06-28-2014, 10:17 PM
D a m n

cd021
06-28-2014, 10:19 PM
Brussard said that Bosh is looking for a 5 year deal worth 15 or 16 million per ($75-$80 million). I'm assuming thats has an ETO and an opt out

They also could go after Gortat but Washington, they will head to Poland to attempt to re up him on 7/1.

tholdren
06-28-2014, 10:23 PM

Let's bump this when lebron signs for the max

ElNono
06-28-2014, 10:46 PM
I'm not sold they're bringing back Haslem, Rashard or even Ray... I think the focus now is to bring back Lebron. Wade has a history with the franchise so I suspect as long as Lebron re-signs, they'll find a way to accommodate him.

After that, they regain the leverage to attract good talent on the cheap. If Bosh plays hard-to-get, I suspect they might look elsewhere. Maybe try to sell Melo or Love on "the new big 3". Guys that never won and might be more keen in leaving some money on the table to chase a ring.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2014, 10:51 PM
I'm not sold they're bringing back Haslem, Rashard or even Ray... I think the focus now is to bring back Lebron. Wade has a history with the franchise so I suspect as long as Lebron re-signs, they'll find a way to accommodate him.

After that, they regain the leverage to attract good talent on the cheap. If Bosh plays hard-to-get, I suspect they might look elsewhere. Maybe try to sell Melo or Love on "the new big 3". Guys that never won and might be more keen in leaving some money on the table to chase a ring.After Love's last contract negotiations, I dont' see his taking less. Melo? Probably not if James is making that much more than him.

Baam
06-28-2014, 10:54 PM
Melo on the Heat would really suck tbh... He's an even better low post player than Lebron, they'd have mismatches at will...

T Park
06-28-2014, 10:54 PM

Boy, you thought the defense wasn't great before....

T Park
06-28-2014, 10:55 PM
Melo on the Heat would really suck tbh... He's an even better low post player than Lebron, they'd have mismatches at will...

Their defense would also crater even worse....

ElNono
After Love's last contract negotiations, I dont' see his taking less. Melo? Probably not if James is making that much more than him.

I hear you. That said, I think Pat is amongst the best in the business doing the Jedi mind trick, so if there's a guy that can pull it off, that's him.

cd021

After that, they regain the leverage to attract good talent on the cheap. If Bosh plays hard-to-get, I suspect they might look elsewhere. Maybe try to sell Melo or Love on "the new big 3". Guys that never won and might be more keen in leaving some money on the table to chase a ring.

I'm pretty sure all 3 will return. They need cheap players to offset the big contracts and all the 3 would cost something like $4.2 (depending on how much Haslem deal would be worth)

Bosh is apparently looking for a 5 year $75-80 million dollar deal (probably has an opt out after 2 or 3 years) that likely means Wade is getting a similar deal. They would have to trade for Love and they only have Cole as a trade chip. They would have a gaping hole in the paint with out Bosh, he is a above average defender who is second only to Lebron on that team in defense.

Signing Melo means they need a true center, I've heard Gortat but he'd probably make more playing in Washington and he probably isn't going to anchor a top 10 defense with Wade Allen and Melo playing big minutes.

ElNono
06-28-2014, 10:57 PM
Boy, you thought the defense wasn't great before....

He would be an upgrade over Haslem, just on length alone. I'm also not ready yet to call Pau done without watching him play on a new team. I think he was extremely unmotivated playing in a lottery team.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2014, 10:58 PM
I hear you. That said, I think Pat is amongst the best in the business doing the Jedi mind trick, so if there's a guy that can pull it off, that's him.Who has he really done that with?

The big three just agreed to what they were going to take among themselves, so I don't know any examples of his negotiating brilliance. Also, I don't pay much attention.

ElNono
06-28-2014, 11:04 PM
I'm pretty sure all 3 will return. They need cheap players to offset the big contracts and all the 3 would cost something like $4.2 (depending on how much Haslem deal would be worth)

Bosh is apparently looking for a 5 year $75-80 million dollar deal (probably has an opt out after 2 or 3 years) that likely means Wade is getting a similar deal. They would have to trade for Love and they only have Cole as a trade chip. They would have a gaping hole in the paint with out Bosh, he is a above average defender who is second only to Lebron on that team in defense.

Signing Melo means they need a true center, I've heard Gortat but he'd probably make more playing in Washington and he probably isn't going to anchor a top 10 defense with Wade Allen and Melo playing big minutes.

I just think that if they manage to get all 3 guys back, then they're back in the driver's seat for free agents and vets that might want to take a paycut and coattail for a ring.

After getting destroyed in the Finals, I think they'll take their time and a harder look at what the pieces surrounding the big 3 need to be, especially being able to provide minutes to rest players.

ElNono
06-28-2014, 11:11 PM
Who has he really done that with?

The big three just agreed to what they were going to take among themselves, so I don't know any examples of his negotiating brilliance. Also, I don't pay much attention.

Well, he did pull it off with the big three. I mean, Lebron could've told them to go play in Cleveland. I think Pat and Arison sold them a better image of the future.

I also thought he did a great job surrounding them with the talent they needed. I know it's easy to dog on them now that they're down, but 4 NBA Finals in a row is nothing to sneeze at, and they have had key players contribute.

Ron Swanson
06-28-2014, 11:21 PM

Damn straight.

letmk
06-28-2014, 11:22 PM
I don't worry about the Heat particularly. Either the Spurs are not good enough to come out of the West, or if they do, all the cylinders must be clicking together and the aging Heat cannot compete with the fluent offense.

spursparker9
06-28-2014, 11:24 PM
Durant, Westbrook, Reggie Jackson and Ibaka still a bigger nightmare for the Spurs than Miami, tbh.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2014, 11:33 PM
Well, he did pull it off with the big three. I mean, Lebron could've told them to go play in Cleveland. I think Pat and Arison sold them a better image of the future.I think they already knew the endorsement money would be better in Miami. It just wasn't a hard sell after the guys decided on it before even talking to the FO.

And there have been good role players, but none of them really took any of the mileage and wear off Wade or Bosh or kept James from being at once the leading scorer and designated defensive stopper. Those three made it ridiculously easy to put just a couple of reliable pieces around them and win. When one of them fell off a bit, there was no one else to even partially fill that role.

ElNono
06-28-2014, 11:43 PM
I think they already knew the endorsement money would be better in Miami. It just wasn't a hard sell after the guys decided on it before even talking to the FO.

And there have been good role players, but none of them really took any of the mileage and wear off Wade or Bosh or kept James from being at once the leading scorer and designated defensive stopper. Those three made it ridiculously easy to put just a couple of reliable pieces around them and win. When one of them fell off a bit, there was no one else to even partially fill that role.

Looking at the four year span, I thought guys like Battier, Mike Miller, Allen were all great pieces for them that came up big when a guys like Wade or Bosh were struggling (especially in the '13 playoffs). I certainly agree that's much easier to get those guys when you have such a core. They definitely couldn't survive Lebron being worn out.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2014, 11:51 PM
Looking at the four year span, I thought guys like Battier, Mike Miller, Allen were all great pieces for them that came up big when a guys like Wade or Bosh were struggling (especially in the '13 playoffs). I certainly agree that's much easier to get those guys when you have such a core. They definitely couldn't survive Lebron being worn out.And they couldn't make up for Wade's trouble and they couldn't field a standard size lineup with any effectiveness that would take pressure off Bosh.

Having those three on the team and healthy really made things too easy for Riley. Now they are trying to make his job easier again. Is this guy lucky or what?

Darkwaters
06-28-2014, 11:55 PM
Durant, Westbrook, Reggie Jackson and Ibaka still a bigger nightmare for the Spurs than Miami, tbh.

+1

Mikeanaro
06-28-2014, 11:58 PM
Even the press wanted Labron in Miami I dont think it was a jedi master plan, after that all the whores wanted to join the Cheat to win the easy ring.
Since Shames played 4 finals in 4 seasons common sense tells me he will stay there.

Old School 44
06-29-2014, 12:17 AM
DWade is sort of like TD in that he has so much history with his team. The Heat will continue to pay Wade his "life time acheivement" contract even though his game has dropped off considerably. I don't blame them. The Spurs would do the same for Tim. The difference is, I believe Tim will recognize when the "wheels fall off", and retire accordingly. I don't think DWade will.

I actually think LeBron is better off going else where, but with Wade and Haslem opting out, I think it's almost guaranteed LeBron will be back with the Heat. And unfortunately for James, regardless of the free agent deals they make, he's going to continue spending alot of time doing this...

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/tcatz/JamesCarriesWade_zps7435d229.jpg

ElNono
06-29-2014, 12:26 AM
And they couldn't make up for Wade's trouble and they couldn't field a standard size lineup with any effectiveness that would take pressure off Bosh.

Having those three on the team and healthy really made things too easy for Riley. Now they are trying to make his job easier again. Is this guy lucky or what?

They did sort out a similar situation in the 2013 ECF, but this Spurs team was really dominant. In hindsight, losing Mike Miller was probably a problem for them (despite Rashard making shots against us, Miller had the higher BB IQ). Battier and Allen both started to show their age too.

About luck, I just think Pat has made generally good decisions. He put the Heat on the map even before the big 3, with their championship in 2006. There might be some luck involved, but I actually think he's extremely competent in what he does.

dbreiden83080
06-29-2014, 12:31 AM

He is not going to the heat. Who the hell would give him an ounce of credit for winning a championship with LeBron James? He needs to prove that he can contend with a team that he is the man on that is not happening in Miami.

ChumpDumper
06-29-2014, 12:33 AM
They did sort out a similar situation in the 2013 ECF, but this Spurs team was really dominant. In hindsight, losing Mike Miller was probably a problem for them (despite Rashard making shots against us, Miller had the higher BB IQ). Battier and Allen both started to show their age too.

About luck, I just think Pat has made generally good decisions. He put the Heat on the map even before the big 3, with their championship in 2006. There might be some luck involved, but I actually think he's extremely competent in what he does.Getting the tail end of prime Shaq helped. Just saying he's another guy who had so many built-in market advantages it's hard to avoid being good. I'll agree he's good, but I won't go much further. I would call this summer his first real challenge but he already has his stars clearing the way for him unsolicited. Who else has ever gotten that kind of a head start?

dbreiden83080
06-29-2014, 12:33 AM

Agreed. If Miami rebounds and wins the championship next year even if it comes at our expense it is what it is. We got number five and we should be grateful and incredibly happy for it..

ElNono
06-29-2014, 12:41 AM
Getting the tail end of prime Shaq helped. Just saying he's another guy who had so many built-in market advantages it's hard to avoid being good. I'll agree he's good, but I won't go much further. I would call this summer his first real challenge but he already has his stars clearing the way for him unsolicited. Who else has ever gotten that kind of a head start?

He reminds me a lot of Dr Buss (RIP) for some reason.

Venti Quattro
06-29-2014, 12:45 AM
Shocking

Aztecfan03
06-29-2014, 12:53 AM

I thought about that too. Even if LeBron gets max, I think they might be able to make that work.

TheDarkSide.
06-29-2014, 12:53 AM
This is the summer of GETTING WHAT IM WORTH imo. Lebron, Jason Kidd's trying to do the same and i wouldn't be surprised if Bosh tried to do the same too. I think in the back of their minds they realize, 'we saw it work for a bit but now it has run it's course'. I'm having a hard time seeing players flock and take a paycut to a Miami Heat team dismantled with only Bron, Wade and maybe Bosh on it now that trio is old news now.
'

spurs10
06-29-2014, 01:12 AM
Agreed. If Miami rebounds and wins the championship next year even if it comes at our expense it is what it is. We got number five and we should be grateful and incredibly happy for it.. Yes indeed!

SouthernFried
06-29-2014, 02:15 AM
Miami doesn't concern me as much as Ok, Dallas, Houston, and even others in the West. Miami will be the same, with the same coach who doesn't coach.

Put POP in Miami at the beginning of last year, and Spoelstra in San Antonio...and Miami wins the Championship. Pop knows how to develop and use players on the Bench during the regular season He woulda controlled minutes during the season, and got the most of his 2nd and 3rd group. Spoelstra just puts Superstars on the floor and hopes for the best.

No, Miami doesn't concern me as much as a myriad of teams in the West do.

kobyz
06-29-2014, 03:01 AM
So yea, pretty much exactly what I said. Two unproven rookies.

McGary better than Splitter? I'm not going to even validate that with a legitimate response...

No, two ready rookies that upgrade their team, make them more solid offensively with crazy defense! And yes McGary eat Splitter to breakfast, same type big man only much tougher and with good jumper, also better finishing technique in the paint, not that ugly looking afraid hook shots of splitter...

admiralsnackbar
06-29-2014, 03:10 AM
Marketing.

Raven
06-29-2014, 03:11 AM

basically they would not be able to play half court though, so if you keep TO low and come back fast in transition, they have no answer.

Raven
06-29-2014, 03:12 AM
No, two ready rookies that upgrade their team, make them more solid offensively with crazy defense! And yes McGary eat Splitter to breakfast, same type big man only much tougher and with good jumper, also better finishing technique in the paint, not that ugly looking afraid hook shots of splitter...

:lol who's this guy? :lol

kobyz
06-29-2014, 04:23 AM

:toast

Damn straight.

Agreed. If Miami rebounds and wins the championship next year even if it comes at our expense it is what it is. We got number five and we should be grateful and incredibly happy for it..

Yes indeed!

Losers Alert!

BanditHiro
06-29-2014, 04:59 AM
:lol who's this guy? :lol

some guy trying to hard to be that guy on the forums.

anakha
06-29-2014, 05:11 AM

Considering you touted Tolliver as an upgrade over Bonner last summer, yeah, I'm just going to consider your ability to evaluate players as high as your ability to formulate a coherent sentence in English.

Losers Alert!

Says the guy who was attention whoring by saying he wanted to kill himself over last year. :lmao

kobyz
06-29-2014, 06:15 AM
Considering you touted Tolliver as an upgrade over Bonner last summer, yeah, I'm just going to consider your ability to evaluate players as high as your ability to formulate a coherent sentence in English.

First, i said last summer that it will be good move for the Spurs to amnesty Bonner and replace him with cheaper Tolliver cause it will free much needed cap space and also you don't lose much with Tolliver instead of Bonner... second, it seems to me that Tolliver had better season than Bonner who done basically nothing, you also would have been an upgrade over Bonner, so i don't know where you are coming from here...

Says the guy who was attention whoring by saying he wanted to kill himself over last year. :lmao
It's a lie, the attention whore is you, I'm just keeping it real...

anakha
06-29-2014, 07:17 AM
First, i said last summer that it will be good move for the Spurs to amnesty Bonner and replace him with cheaper Tolliver cause it will free much needed cap space and also you don't lose much with Tolliver instead of Bonner... second, it seems to me that Tolliver had better season than Bonner who done basically nothing, you also would have been an upgrade over Bonner, so i don't know where you are coming from here...

front office failed to be smart, they could have amnesty Bonner and sign Tolliver as replacment, it would have been an upgrade...

yeah i agree, younger and better overall player at this point...

better defender, better rebounder, better finisher...

there are things that can't be measured only by statistic, Tolliver is no doubt better allaround player, has better instincs, better intensity and feel for the game, let him play for system like the Spurs and those days i belive he could cuntribute more than Bonner will, may also be able to show up in playoff...

Oh my god, you can't even get your lies right. :lmao

You called Tolliver an upgrade and a better player, you dumbfuck. Don't try to hide behind 'you don't lose much'.

It's a lie, the attention whore is you, I'm just keeping it real...

You'd be on an obituary by now if you were keeping it real, attention whore.

anakha
06-29-2014, 07:20 AM
Arguing Tolliver's merits with you is like having a battle of wits with an unarmed person. :lol

TheCerebral1
06-29-2014, 07:22 AM
Does this even matter. Haslem is useless with little to no game left. Wade is a non-superstar who will likely follow someone's coat tail to a title. There's nothing to see here.

kobyz
06-29-2014, 07:29 AM
Oh my god, you can't even get your lies right. :lmao

You called Tolliver an upgrade and a better player, you dumbfuck. Don't try to hide behind 'you don't lose much'.

You'd be on an obituary by now if you were keeping it real, attention whore.
Still i don't see where I lie and where I wasn't right...

anakha
06-29-2014, 07:53 AM
Still i don't see where I lie and where I wasn't right...

That's because your ability to rate players is as worthless as your promises to kill yourself.

SupremeGuy
06-29-2014, 08:49 AM
That's because your ability to rate players is as worthless as your promises to kill yourself.http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=3144&dateline=1265141764

peacemaker885
06-29-2014, 10:29 AM
Love the ignore feature...

Mr. Body
06-29-2014, 10:39 AM
Gortat or Gasol are guys who could help a lot, although the defense will need to be changed. Spurs wrecked the trapping defense, anyway, though not many teams can.

Lowry has to be too expensive. Guess they could do him instead of a big, but they need both.

Melo makes this team worse. Riley is too smart for that.

But, in the end, it took the Spurs years to rebuild. Miami has a shorter horizon because the East is awful, but what they need are young dynamic, rapidly improving role players. Those are not easy to find. Big free agent splashes won't do it, but a number of shrewd smaller moves can. I'd keep an eye on absorbing salary here and there as an option for them.

But ultimately their problem is that Bosh and Wade will still make more than they are worth. At least they'll shave some money off.

Mr. Body
06-29-2014, 10:41 AM
And that guy who keeps claiming McGary is better than Splitter is an idiot.

Emperor
06-29-2014, 11:20 AM
If their Big 3 resign and somehow add Lowry i'm still not worried. It's a defensive big that still would be missing that would be a bigger difference than anyone at point guard. I don't think they'll have much money left to add a good enough center.

T Park
06-29-2014, 12:19 PM
He would be an upgrade over Haslem, just on length alone. I'm also not ready yet to call Pau done without watching him play on a new team. I think he was extremely unmotivated playing in a lottery team.

I like Pau, but defensively he's Swiss cheese.

ChumpDumper
06-29-2014, 12:30 PM
Losers Alert!Dead yet?

TampaDude
06-29-2014, 01:31 PM
Losers Alert!

Losers? No fucking way, dude. We're the champs! :hat

kobyz
06-29-2014, 02:05 PM
Losers? No fucking way, dude. We're the champs! :hat

But with that soft attitude how you want to succeed repeating?

ChumpDumper
06-29-2014, 02:07 PM
But with that soft attitude how you want to succeed repeating?By not threatening to kill ourselves.

tholdren
06-29-2014, 02:17 PM
And that guy who keeps claiming McGary is better than Splitter is an idiot.
why? because you dont think so? Pop RC valued Tiago more than Marc Gasol. Does anyone who disagrees with that make him an idiot? I personally would love to have Marc over Splitter. And realistically, who isnt to say Baynes couldnt have done exactly what splitter did in the playoffs? It's all hypothetical, why get mad about it?

Mr. Body
06-29-2014, 02:19 PM
why? because you dont think so? Pop RC valued Tiago more than Marc Gasol. Does anyone who disagrees with that make him an idiot? I personally would love to have Marc over Splitter. And realistically, who isnt to say Baynes couldnt have done exactly what splitter did in the playoffs? It's all hypothetical, why get mad about it?

Your logic is truly amazing.

tholdren
06-29-2014, 02:21 PM
Your logic is truly amazing.
D-E-F-L-E-C-T-I-O-N

anakha
06-29-2014, 06:12 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=3144&dateline=1265141764

I keep that av because Shatner looking like an idiot makes me chuckle.

Mr. Body
06-29-2014, 06:19 PM
D-E-F-L-E-C-T-I-O-N

You seem to think because Marc Gasol is a better NBA pro than Splitter somehow Mitch McGary is, too. That's extraterrestrial logic, for which you deserve kudos.

ChumpDumper
06-29-2014, 07:05 PM
You seem to think because Marc Gasol is a better NBA pro than Splitter somehow Mitch McGary is, too. That's extraterrestrial logic, for which you deserve kudos.It's a stretch.

A Chinese stretch.

tholdren
06-29-2014, 08:55 PM
You seem to think because Marc Gasol is a better NBA pro than Splitter somehow Mitch McGary is, too. That's extraterrestrial logic, for which you deserve kudos.

Please find in any of my posts where I said this guy is better than Splitter? He may be. He seems meaner, and more aggressive.

tholdren
06-29-2014, 08:55 PM
It's a stretch.

A Chinese stretch.

Exactly, did you figure out the whole school/subject concept?

ChumpDumper
06-29-2014, 09:11 PM
Exactly, did you figure out the whole school/subject concept?I figured out that it bothers you when I say stretching school.

Do you think McGary is better than Splitter?

tholdren
06-29-2014, 10:06 PM
I figured out that it bothers you when I say stretching school.

Do you think McGary is better than Splitter?

Now, no. It's closer than you think though. He's more tenacious on the glass, and has the speed and instincts that Splitter lacks as a rebounder/offensive player. He's probably as good of a passer as Splitter is now. Splitter is more patient, but that comes with NBA experience. His ceiling is higher than Splitter's easily, and I think that he got drafted into a good situation. If he bangs against, and learns from Ibaka, he will grow into his own defensively.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czm7_b5jdi0

Fun to watch. He does things here that Splitter wont ever be able to do. Uses his body well. I wish we could have gotten him at 30.

ChumpDumper
06-29-2014, 10:30 PM
So, in a year he'll be better?

Two?

tholdren
06-29-2014, 10:38 PM
So, in a year he'll be better?

Two?

I dont know, it will depend on how much Tiago improves this summer, and what kind of work and PT Mitch gets in this season. Anything could happen. Getting on the right team, with the right fit, with the right players is always luck, so who knows. I think that If Mitch comes in and improves each year by year 4 he will be better than Tiago in his 4th year. Does that mean Tiago wont be better than him at that point in time, maybe not, but I think that Mitch does have a higher ceiling, and if utilized correctly, does the right things on and off the court, he will have a better INDIVIDUAL CAREER that Tiago.

What about you? Do you think that Tiago will get any better?

ChumpDumper
06-29-2014, 10:40 PM
I dont know, it will depend on how much Tiago improves this summer, and what kind of work and PT Mitch gets in this season. Anything could happen. Getting on the right team, with the right fit, with the right players is always luck, so who knows. I think that If Mitch comes in and improves each year by year 4 he will be better than Tiago in his 4th year. Does that mean Tiago wont be better than him at that point in time, maybe not, but I think that Mitch does have a higher ceiling, and if utilized correctly, does the right things on and off the court, he will have a better INDIVIDUAL CAREER that Tiago.

What about you? Do you think that Tiago will get any better?If he starts stretching before games.

tholdren
06-29-2014, 10:41 PM
If he starts stretching before games.
now you're getting it! but it cant be dynamic

ChumpDumper
06-29-2014, 10:42 PM
now you're getting it! but it cant be dynamicDid you really need the blue font?

phxspurfan
06-29-2014, 10:46 PM
Wow, we really got into their heads. Too bad whatever they do, they will still fall short of filling all of their needs (entire bench, starting point, second dependable scorer, better coach)

Darkwaters
06-29-2014, 11:56 PM
Losers Alert!

Pretty sure when you get this :lobt2: you're not a loser.

Mr. Body
06-30-2014, 12:12 AM
Dunno, dude. I went to a Big Ten school and watch a lot of Big Ten games. I like Mitch McGary -my team recruited him hard for a while - but I see his ceiling as pretty low. What you see is not far from what you'll ever get. A banger, a nuisance, a high energy guy with some skills, but that's it. Meanwhile Splitter is an elite, plus defender.

So, yeah.

SupremeGuy
06-30-2014, 12:37 AM
I keep that av because Shatner looking like an idiot makes me chuckle.That's fine. I just laughed because your post and Shatner's face matched up pretty well... lol

Ice009
06-30-2014, 02:12 AM
now you're getting it! but it cant be dynamic

Just curious, what are the proper stretching methods before and after games? I've read somewhere that Dynamic is better before.

DWizz007
06-30-2014, 03:42 AM
I'll go ahead and say that I don't give a shit what the Heat or any other team do for that matter.
SAN ANTONIO SPURS :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

BRING IT ON

kobyz
06-30-2014, 07:13 AM
Lets face it, Riley and the Heat are determined and focus to build a team that could beat the current Spurs and to take out the title from us, also Thunder and others will look for it, we can't disrespect that if we want not to return on past mistakes that cause us to fail repeating time after time... We must find a way to get better, make upgrade, not to stay pot... For me it say first of all to go after Paul Pierce, i think we need him...

tholdren
06-30-2014, 08:22 AM
Just curious, what are the proper stretching methods before and after games? I've read somewhere that Dynamic is better before.
ha, you probably want to do a mix of all, with more dynamic than others, pending upon who you are, your flexibility etc. The whole thing is a joke really, Im just making fun of tiago having no vert, and coordination.

spurspokesman
06-30-2014, 08:29 AM
Exactly. The idea of a "Big 3" is a total misnomer. It has always been the Miami LeBrons and his band of Ringchasing Tag-alongs

spurspokesman
06-30-2014, 08:33 AM

To your point pacers had them beat until they went away from there post players who simultaneously raped the heat lol.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-30-2014, 08:38 AM
ha, you probably want to do a mix of all, with more dynamic than others, pending upon who you are, your flexibility etc. The whole thing is a joke really, Im just making fun of tiago having no vert, and coordination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rryLxYYaBpE

This is the type of players the he wants to fill the Spurs roster with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et3LTKx2OaA

spurspokesman
06-30-2014, 08:38 AM
Things are not looking good for the rest of the league. The Heat should be able to add another legitimate piece now.

The rest of the NBA executives must be severely pissed. They should facilitate a Kevin Durant trade to the Spurs for peanuts just out of spite.

And pay him under the table.:hat That would piss in a lot of peoples corn flakes lmao

Old School 44
06-30-2014, 08:53 AM
It's amazing how LeBron controls the Heat. You want Napier we'll draft him. You want us to restructure everyone's contracts...even Haslem... no problem. Arison and Riley jumping through hoops for James. What's going to be sad is when he bolts and Riley and Arison pen their hate letters like the Cavs owner Dan Gilbert.

Ice009
06-30-2014, 07:52 PM

I know you were joking in regards to Tiago, but since you seem to know about that stuff, I thought that I'd ask.

I used to do static stretches, but changed to dynamic before playing about a year or so ago (I'm not a professional or anything, just play for fun these days). After games/sport I still use static. Just curious on your opinion on proper stretching. I never used to take stretching seriously when I was younger, but I know that it makes a big difference in regards to helping you not get injuries if you do it right.

gilmor
06-30-2014, 08:35 PM
The problem with the Heat, and I said that this is a real problem, is that they are so focused on Lebron. Wade and Bosh can't really compare to Lebron when it comes to effectiveness. In a team like that, you are basically handicapped by THE most important player in the team. Compared to the Spurs, where the Big 3 may or may not over eclipse one another, but they are more evenly pared out. Not to say that players like Kawhi, Green, Splitter are key components in the defensive scheme of things. Throw in the intangibles like Diaw and Mills, Spurs is really about team ball; where no one is especially 'favored' over the rest. So I see Heat to continue play to Lebron's demands and wishes, and when he bolt, he will create such a vacuum in the center that is hard to filled for years. I think Pop knows this all along and he schemed the team to play bball like that the whole season.

cd021
06-30-2014, 09:34 PM
Lets face it, Riley and the Heat are determined and focus to build a team that could beat the current Spurs and to take out the title from us, also Thunder and others will look for it, we can't disrespect that if we want not to return on past mistakes that cause us to fail repeating time after time... We must find a way to get better, make upgrade, not to stay pot... For me it say first of all to go after Paul Pierce, i think we need him...

The Thunder need massive upgrades to the bench. I would start Jackson, WB, KD, Adams and Ibaka. Amnesty Perkins (probably unlikely) and take my chances with a bench that has Lamb and Collision and use the MLE to go after someone like Mo Williams or Shaun Livingston.

If the reported Max deal for Lebron, and $75-80 million deal for Bosh (and probably for Wade) is true, then the big 3 would make something like $46 million next year with Napier, Anderson, Allen, Lewis, Haslem and probably Hamilton making $ 8 million (roughly) thats $54 for 9 players ($55 including Cole, who is their only trade chip) That leaves $8 million to sign 3 players.

It would seem hard for them to make a major improvement.

Pierce is done and he'd likely go to L.A.C.

gilmor
06-30-2014, 10:01 PM
Actually I am more wary of Clippers than Thunder. Clippers is much better coached than Thunder even though Thunder got the better individual players in Westbrook and Durant and of course the Thuderrefs.

Clippers should have taken out Thunder in the Western Semis if not for some stupid CP3 choke and the zebras. Doc River is a much better coach than Brooks when it comes to playoffs.

tholdren
06-30-2014, 10:02 PM
Dunno, dude. I went to a Big Ten school and watch a lot of Big Ten games. I like Mitch McGary -my team recruited him hard for a while - but I see his ceiling as pretty low. What you see is not far from what you'll ever get. A banger, a nuisance, a high energy guy with some skills, but that's it. Meanwhile Splitter is an elite, plus defender.

So, yeah.
Elite? GTFO. You failed out of the b10 school right?

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-30-2014, 10:05 PM
Elite? GTFO. You failed out of the b10 school right?

Maybe you should do some reading before you post.

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/tiago-splitter-spurs-defense-nba

tholdren
06-30-2014, 10:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rryLxYYaBpE

This is the type of players the he wants to fill the Spurs roster with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et3LTKx2OaA

Yep, I remember that one game in the playoffs that Splitter played out of his mind. One would think that a 10 million a year player wouldnt have so many fans calling him elite when he puts up a RARE 17/12 night. That's the sad part. That you can find, and get excited about WHAT HE SHOULD BE DOING NIGHTLY FOR 10 MILLION A YEAR. Hes a career 8 and 5 guy. You know what's funny? He did that on Dirk, the DEFENSIVE KING OF THE WEST.

Then you have a guy that makes 800k a year, and does virtually the same thing, in the same series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua_6DOD9PuA

Splitter is fine, for about 6 million a year. Calling him elite, or saying he is worth the money isnt even rational

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-30-2014, 10:34 PM
Yep, I remember that one game in the playoffs that Splitter played out of his mind. One would think that a 10 million a year player wouldnt have so many fans calling him elite when he puts up a RARE 17/12 night. That's the sad part. That you can find, and get excited about WHAT HE SHOULD BE DOING NIGHTLY FOR 10 MILLION A YEAR. Hes a career 8 and 5 guy. You know what's funny? He did that on Dirk, the DEFENSIVE KING OF THE WEST.

Then you have a guy that makes 800k a year, and does virtually the same thing, in the same series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua_6DOD9PuA

Splitter is fine, for about 6 million a year. Calling him elite, or saying he is worth the money isnt even rational

Yet the stats support every ones else conclusion that Splitter is a Top 3 post defender in the league. Please do some reading before making an argument. Stats don't lie and Spurs def eff being in top 3 since he was moved to the starting line up conclude what the rest of us here know about Splitter.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2013/12/27/5247770/tiago-splitter-elite-defensive-player-year-consideration

tholdren
06-30-2014, 10:41 PM
Yet the stats support every ones else conclusion that Splitter is a Top 3 post defender in the league. Please do some reading before making an argument. Stats don't lie and Spurs def eff being in top 3 since he was moved to the starting line up conclude what the rest of us here know about Splitter.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2013/12/27/5247770/tiago-splitter-elite-defensive-player-year-consideration

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

1. Stats dont lie
2. Kobe gained 30 lbs of muscle in 8 weeks
3. Daye gained 20 lbs of muscle during the season

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOL

ManuTastic
07-01-2014, 10:41 AM
"Bosh is apparently looking for a 5 year $75-80 million dollar deal (probably has an opt out after 2 or 3 years) that likely means Wade is getting a similar deal."

Not doubting you're right, but why on earth would anyone, including Miami, pay Wade that kind of money? He's so obviously not a top player any more. I'm kind of surprised Wade opted out of a $42mil contract. I still don't see how he's worth that any more, nor why anyone would pay him more than that now.

ducks
07-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Brian Windhorst windhorstESPN · 27m

That's right, Tony Parker makes $12.5 million. Keep that number in mind when reacting to what Dwyane Wade signs for this week.

xmas1997
07-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Wade should not get more than Manu did in his last contract IMHO, and Manu was definitely more productive.

tholdren
07-01-2014, 01:01 PM
Maybe you should do some reading before you post.

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/tiago-splitter-spurs-defense-nba

LMFAO - Your're quoting a spurs website for evidence why he is good. im sure you learned about credibility and bias during school, right?

ManuTastic
07-01-2014, 01:03 PM
To follow up, I'll be really surprised if Wade signs for less, since I don't see what's in it for him. Another ring possibly? Sure, I guess, but he can't eat that. He was supposed to get about $20 mil a year over the next two years. Just don't see why he would opt out and come back for less total $$. This is his last contract, ever.

Although I guess if he does take less just to keep LeBron happy and go for another ring, it's a nice selfless act. Not how I see Wade, I must admit, but maybe I'm wrong about him. I'll be really interested to see the final details.