PDA

View Full Version : Nets: Jason Kidd worst coach since Avery?

phxspurfan
06-29-2014, 12:04 AM
Is Kidd the worst coach in the NBA since Avery? Spilling a drink on the court to get a timeout? Having a falling out with his best assistant coach (Lawrence Frank) and having him leave, making a statement in the middle of the losing streak? Barely making the playoffs with the richest roster in the NBA? Asking for control of the team when he massively underperformed and got outcoached by the entire eastern conference, and being denied and asked to leave after only one year?

Worst coach in a long time, IMO, and I'm surprised by it, as he was a really high IQ player.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-29-2014, 12:06 AM
COTY Avery knocked us out in 7 in 06

KaiRMD1
06-29-2014, 12:14 AM
Avery was actually a pretty good coach. Kidd is on par with Terry Porter

DMX7
06-29-2014, 12:15 AM
There are a lot of coaches worse than Avery.

Thread
06-29-2014, 12:17 AM
Avery was actually a pretty good coach. Kidd is on par with Terry Porter

There was nothing wrong with Porter. He just wanted the Suns to play defense. They wanted to have "fun."

IrisHockey
06-29-2014, 12:19 AM
Stevie ran him out immediately at the first utterance of "defense"

KaiRMD1
06-29-2014, 12:19 AM
There was nothing wrong with Porter. He just wanted the Suns to play defense. They wanted to have "fun."

That's true, but also

Kobe<Duncan

Splits
06-29-2014, 12:41 AM

Speaking of which, isn't it your mantra that no title run is "fun"? Sure looks like Timmy broke your schtick in more than one way:

http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/assets/4626233/bonus_gif.gif

sook
06-29-2014, 12:49 AM
avery wasn't nearly as bad as people make him out to be.

Kidd is probably a tier below the Mike Brown type coaches

Cry Havoc
06-29-2014, 12:55 AM

Yup. A little gamesmanship from Kidd doesn't make him a terrible coach, it just means he's less clever than he thinks he is. Probably still worth a shot.

From what I can see, there are far worse coaches in the NBA than Kidd presently coaching.

sook
06-29-2014, 12:56 AM
Yup. A little gamesmanship from Kidd doesn't make him a terrible coach, it just means he's less clever than he thinks he is. Probably still worth a shot.

From what I can see, there are far worse coaches in the NBA than Kidd presently coaching.

cough * Milk Hair *cough

Pelicans78
06-29-2014, 04:49 AM
Avery was pretty bad. There was a reason the Nets took off after they fired him and hired P.J. Avery sucks as a coach.

JMarkJohns
06-29-2014, 11:46 AM
Results from motivational speeches aside, Mark Jackson was the worst "Coach" of the last 5 years. To pretend that his record had anything other to do with than health of Curry and talent is laughable.

*inside a Jackson huddle*

"We're gonna get the ball to Curry. He's going to make a play, but the rest of you be ready. Ok, (insert scripture, rally cry, or motivational poster quote)! (Claps hands demonstratively) LET'S GO!!! LET'S GO!!! LET'S GO!!!"

Malik Hairston
06-29-2014, 12:50 PM
Ranking coaches by individual ranking is impossible, tbh, it's easier and makes more sense to rank them by grouped tiers..

Kidd is a typical, bad NBA coach, and there are plenty of active coaches on the same level..Mike Woodson, Byron Scott, Mike Brown, Mark Jackson, Kevin McHale, Byron Scott, Monty Williams, Scott Brooks, Ty Corbin and Randy Whittman are all awful coaches that should be phased out of the league as teams continue hiring analytical/Euro/college coaches..

Thread
06-29-2014, 01:00 PM
as teams continue hiring analytical/Euro/college coaches..

Sweet Jesus!!!

manufan10
06-29-2014, 02:56 PM
Ranking coaches by individual ranking is impossible, tbh, it's easier and makes more sense to rank them by grouped tiers..

Kidd is a typical, bad NBA coach, and there are plenty of active coaches on the same level..Mike Woodson, Byron Scott, Mike Brown, Mark Jackson, Kevin McHale, Byron Scott, Monty Williams, Scott Brooks, Ty Corbin and Randy Whittman are all awful coaches that should be phased out of the league as teams continue hiring analytical/Euro/college coaches..

Is Byron Scott that bad that you had to name him twice? :lol

DMC
06-29-2014, 04:42 PM
Speaking of which, isn't it your mantra that no title run is "fun"? Sure looks like Timmy broke your schtick in more than one way:

http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/assets/4626233/bonus_gif.gif

How big were Manu's balls around that time frame on the game clock? He was in beast mode, a maniac.. he WAS the zone.

DPG21920
06-29-2014, 04:48 PM
Jason Kidd has been a grade-A jack off his entire NBA career and this is no different. What a selfish, egotistical piece of crap. Biggest payroll in the league in the worst conference of all time and can't even have any sort of decent success.

Thread
06-29-2014, 04:52 PM
Jason Kidd has been a grade-A jack off his entire NBA career and this is no different. What a selfish, egotistical piece of crap. >>>>>>Biggest payroll in the league in the worst conference of all time and can't even have any sort of decent success.<<<<<<

Because it was junk. I told you guys that immediately & you said I was full of shit. He got his foot in the coaching door, but, he knew. I don't blame him.

DPG21920
06-29-2014, 04:53 PM
Because it was junk. I told you guys that immediately & you said I was full of shit. He got his foot in the coaching door, but, he knew. I don't blame him.

In the East, it was not junk. It was aged, and not as good as people thought, but he did a pretty terrible job.

Thread
06-29-2014, 04:58 PM
In the East, it was not junk. It was aged, and not as good as people thought, but he did a pretty terrible job.

It was & is garbage, Deeps. Don't be stubborn. Joe Johnson has been toiling in this league for a decade and he's shit. What, they thought because he came up there it would change? Shit is shit, GA. or Brooklyn, NY..

phxspurfan
06-30-2014, 01:11 AM
It was & is garbage, Deeps. Don't be stubborn. Joe Johnson has been toiling in this league for a decade and he's shit. What, they thought because he came up there it would change? Shit is shit, GA. or Brooklyn, NY..

He was pretty damn good on the Suns. I have no idea what happened after that. Probably Mike Woodson coaching.

Thread
06-30-2014, 01:25 AM
He was pretty damn good on the Suns. I have no idea what happened after that. Probably Mike Woodson coaching.

But, he hadn't even made his bones here. In that one big game where he broke his face (forgot the opponent) even there he couldn't finish it.

Leetonidas
06-30-2014, 02:01 AM
Most coaches are shitty and don't know what the fuck they're doing. Almost all the black coaches in the NBA are absolute trash tbh no surprise Kidd is one of them considering he's a half n half

IrisHockey
06-30-2014, 02:36 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA (https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA) 10m (https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/483511509792735232)
Lost in this is violation of coach's code: You don't pursue job belonging to someone else. Humiliating end for Larry Drew. Kidd's shameless.

:lol why does Wojo feel bad for Larry Drew? One of the shittiest coaches in the league

IrisHockey
06-30-2014, 02:38 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA (https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA) 11m (https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/483511833748197377)
Bucks ownership masking this as a coach hiring, but belief is that it's just matter of time until Kidd has full control in Milwaukee.

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA (https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA) · 17m (https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/483510382200229889)

Possibility of getting Bucks 1st-round pick for Kidd is remote. Several sources believe deal gets done in 24 hours w/ a 2nd rounder, or two.

hsxvvd
06-30-2014, 07:28 AM
He's worse than Avery.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-30-2014, 07:59 AM
There have been worse coaches than both Kidd and Avery over the last 15 years in the NBA.

Larry Krystkowiak just to name one. But a slew more of horrible HC. Spurs are just spoiled that we have had Duncan and Pop.

Remember the Brown, Bass, Jerry, Lucas, and Hill carousel over 4 years before Pop came on board. Easy to get complacent at this point as a fan.

Dex
06-30-2014, 01:37 PM
Kidd will be lucky if he makes it 3 more years.

Biernutz
07-01-2014, 12:48 AM
Kidd is over his head with the Nets... He will get a grace period at the Bucks because of how young they are. Instead of re-tread coaches
who have failed more than once it looks like owners are willing to try youth and see if it works out...changing of the guard....