PDA

View Full Version : Bosh Opts Out

playbonner15
06-29-2014, 01:07 AM
They better get him back though. He was one of the better contributors outside of Lebron in the Finals
https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/482972973255888896

Splits
06-29-2014, 01:13 AM
You're as slow as Matty's release...

playbonner15
06-29-2014, 01:15 AM
You're as slow as Matty's release...

My bad :rollin

RD2191
06-29-2014, 01:18 AM
Is playbonner Ric Bucher?

Ron Swanson
06-29-2014, 01:24 AM
Is playbonner Ric Bucher?

:lmao

Jimcs50
06-29-2014, 05:01 PM
Miami is gonna make huge splash in Free Agent game next month. Spurs better get better as well.

exstatic
06-29-2014, 05:43 PM
Miami is gonna make huge splash in Free Agent game next month. Spurs better get better as well.

Uh, no. BEST case is that they have like 9-10M for 6 roster spots. That's a couple of pebbles in a pond, not a tsunami.

T Park
06-29-2014, 06:07 PM

:rolleyes

Hoops Czar
06-29-2014, 06:25 PM
No, $8-9M to spend on Lowry or Gasol and then, Miami fills the bench with ring chasers through sign and trades or league minimum contracts.

exstatic
06-29-2014, 07:34 PM
No, $8-9M to spend on Lowry or Gasol and then, Miami fills the bench with ring chasers through sign and trades or league minimum contracts.

:lol The only thing I agree on is that they will have to use minimum contracts to fill out their roster. If they blow all that money on one old guy like Gasol, MOST of their roster will be minimums. No one is going to help Miami take out the trash by trading hard assets for Ray Allen or Greg Oden. :lol Their rotation will be a short as it is now if they don't spread that money around.

DMX7
06-29-2014, 07:43 PM
Why would we walk away from 20 million a year unless he got a long contract. Is someones really dumb enough to give it to him? Maybe, but I wouldn't count on it.

Jimcs50
06-29-2014, 08:25 PM
You'll see

Jimcs50
06-30-2014, 08:14 AM
Shabazz Napier is now on the Heat, all Big three players are lowering their salaries, I told you that Miami will make all the moves to get back to Finals and I was right. Napier is going to replace Chalmers, and I look for them to acquire a big fish to make it the Big 4. Spurs can not stand pat, they must get better as well.

spurspokesman
06-30-2014, 08:23 AM
Shabazz Napier is now on the Heat, all Big three players are lowering their salaries, I told you that Miami will make all the moves to get back to Finals and I was right. Napier is going to replace Chalmers, and I look for them to acquire a big fish to make it the Big 4. Spurs can not stand pat, they must get better as well.

Napier is good but gets out of control at times. One more husky on the bum heat smh

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-30-2014, 08:26 AM

What big 4. Carmelo more than likely is going to the Bulls if he leaves the Knicks. Lebron wants the Max. Let's say Wade and Bosh gets 13 mil each avg. That leaves the with 47mil and 16mil in cap. Add 1mil for Shabazz, 2mil for Haslem (only reason he opted out was to get a 3 yr deal which spread out the 4mil), 2mil for Allen. Looks like nobody wants Cole, so there is another 2 mil.

That leaves the Heat with 8-9 mil to sign whomever. Gasol isn't going to take them over the top with his Horrendous D. Lowry isn't going to take 5 mil when the Raptors/Lakers and such will be offering 10 mil a year.

The Heat are fucked b/c their Big 3 (outside of Lebron) sucks and they know it. Spurs on the other hand, have built their team and have low salaries across the board. And right now, they have the Bird rights of all their FA to bring back their team and go over the cap and still have the MLE.

Heat are screwed and they know it. I really don't see players in the prime of their careers taking 5-10mil less a year just to play with Lebron. That novelty wore out long time ago.

Jimcs50
06-30-2014, 08:48 AM
Napier is good but gets out of control at times. One more husky on the bum heat smh

Still a whole lot better than the PGs that they had. a major upgrade.Chalmers was totally worthless, the Spurs did not even need to guard him.

Jimcs50
06-30-2014, 08:50 AM
What big 4. Carmelo more than likely is going to the Bulls if he leaves the Knicks. Lebron wants the Max. Let's say Wade and Bosh gets 13 mil each avg. That leaves the with 47mil and 16mil in cap. Add 1mil for Shabazz, 2mil for Haslem (only reason he opted out was to get a 3 yr deal with spread out the 4mil), 2mil for Allen. Looks like nobody wants Cole, so their is another 2 mil.

That leaves the Heat with 8-9 mil to sign whomever. Gasol isn't going to take them over the top with his Horrendous D. Lowry isn't going to take 5 mil when the Raptors/Lakers and such will be offering 10 mil a year.

The Heat are fucked b/c their Big 3 (outside of Lebron) sucks and they know it. Spurs on the otherhand, have built their team and have low salaries across the board. And right now, they have the Bird rights of all their FA to bring back their team and go over the cap and still have the MLE.

Heat are screwed and they know it. I really don't see players in the prime of their careers taking 5-10mil less a year just to play with Lebron. That novelty wore out long time ago.

Lebron is going to take a paycut as well. They will have over 20 million to acquire players.

Do I want to be right here? No, but I know I am.

baseline bum
06-30-2014, 08:55 AM
Still a whole lot better than the PGs that they had. a major upgrade.Chalmers was totally worthless, the Spurs did not even need to guard him.

And Chalmers outplayed Parker 3 out of 7 last year. He had a horrible 2014 Finals, but he has overall been a very good role player for Miami.

baseline bum
06-30-2014, 08:56 AM
Lebron is going to take a paycut as well. They will have over 20 million to acquire players.

Woj says James wants max, which is $22 million.

Jimcs50
06-30-2014, 09:05 AM
Woj says James wants max, which is $22 million.

Well, that means he is a selfish prick. He wants Wade and Bosh to take paycuts and he does not????

I think Wojo is wrong, but we will see.

Hope he is a selfish prick actually.

Want another easy 4-1 Finals next year.

baseline bum
06-30-2014, 09:09 AM
Well, that means he is a selfish prick. He wants Wade and Bosh to take paycuts and he does not????

Woj is the one writer whose words you can usually take to the bank. All the other clowns don't know shit, but Woj always has great sources.

baseline bum
06-30-2014, 09:11 AM

I don't know where you're getting $20 million from. Here is a post in the NBA forum that breaks down what could happen in a good case scenario for Miami:

I'll take Woj's word that James wants max, which is $22 million. Let's try to come up with a really cap friendly scenario: say Wade and Bosh sign for $13 million each and Haslem takes $2M (they're not renouncing him and making him play for minimum after he opted out). Then Miami's cap situation looks like

1. James: $22.1M
2. Wade: $13.0M
3. Bosh: $13.0M
4. Cole: $2.15M
5. Haslem: $2.0M
6. Anderson: $1.45M
7. Napier: $1.03M
8. Open roster spot: $0.473M
9. Open roster spot: $0.473M
10. Open roster spot: $0.473M
11. Open roster spot: $0.473M
12. Open roster spot: $0.473M

TOTAL: $57.1M
CAPSPACE: $6.10M

Let's assume they renounce Rashard Lewis and then sign him for league minimum after they're out of capspace. He won't have any better options. So do they renounce Allen and see if they can get MVPau with that $6.1M? Or maybe give Allen $2M and use the other $4.1M to get a defensive stopper like Avery Bradley? Maybe split their capspace between Ray Ray and Marion? They surely renounce Chalmers, right?

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-30-2014, 09:12 AM

Either way, It will avg. out to 15mil a piece for each. And they won't have 20 mil b/c 8 mil will be tied up in the 4 players mentioned. They will at the most have 10-12 mil to sign a couple of players. They need a center. The going price for a half decent center is around 6-7 mil. A top tier center is anywhere from 10-15mil.

There are a lot of teams with a lot of cap this year that can outbid the Heat. Plus they can outbid by resigning their own FA they have the Bird Rights to.

Outside of Lebron, Wade, Dirk, Bosh, and Melo, there aren't any superstars in this year's FA. Which means teams are going to over pay for players. And the Heat don't have enough dough to match.

Problem with the Heat, is that Bosh and Wade have really regressed. It is going to be hard to make up the production via FA. Heat didn't develop any players of late b/c they have had zero draft picks to do so. And they didn't scout teams scrapped like the Spurs have for players that fit in their system.

Spurs are way ahead of the Heat at this point. The only team IMO the Spurs have to worry about next year is OKC.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-30-2014, 09:19 AM
I don't know where you're getting $20 million from. Here is a post in the NBA forum that breaks down what could happen in a good case scenario for Miami:

This basically sums up what the Heat can do next season. There are teams with a lot of cap space and far below the Tax to give FAs and their own FAs big deals.

I really don't see players turning down 5-10 mil a year down to play with Lebron. They themselves (Wade, Lebron, and Bosh) did that. Allen was the only other one when he turned down a 7mil offer from Celts to become Benedict Arnold and sign with the Heat for 3.5mil.

The Spurs Revenge hit the Heat full force.

Dex
06-30-2014, 09:25 AM
Why would we walk away from 20 million a year unless he got a long contract. Is someones really dumb enough to give it to him? Maybe, but I wouldn't count on it.

If Bosh opts out, it will likely be to stay with the Heat for less money (along with Bron and Wade) so that they can make a stab at a FA this summer.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-30-2014, 09:35 AM

:rollin

Jimcs50
06-30-2014, 12:50 PM
:rollin

If Lebron wade and Bosh all do 36 million 3 year deal, then they have about 20 million, that is what I heard on NBA radio

T Park
06-30-2014, 12:54 PM

you dont understand salary caps and salaries do you.

T Park
06-30-2014, 12:56 PM
If Lebron wade and Bosh all do 36 million 3 year deal, then they have about 20 million, that is what I heard on NBA radio

Lebron is getting the max. He wants the max. Doesnt make him selfish either, makes him want to get market value.

baseline bum
06-30-2014, 01:04 PM
Lebron is getting the max. He wants the max. Doesnt make him selfish either, makes him want to get market value.

The max is only about half his market value tbh

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-30-2014, 01:05 PM

IF Duncan tears an ACL, Parker goes blind this summer from another bar fight, Manu breaks another ankle at the Worlds, Mills completely tears his cuff as well, Diaw gains 30lbs eating french food this summer, and Kawhi gets abducted by Aliens, well the Spurs just might have a shot at the #1 pick next year.

ONLY IF, but more than likely, not going to happen.

spurraider21
06-30-2014, 01:09 PM
:rollin thinking lebron is taking 3 years 36 million

Aztecfan03
06-30-2014, 01:09 PM

You sure about that?

Aztecfan03
06-30-2014, 01:11 PM

Everything reported is saying Lebron wants the max.

dunkman
06-30-2014, 01:31 PM
The Heat needs 8 man rotation for the playoffs, the rest could be filled with min contracts. Adding Gasol could put them over the top, the Spurs have to make a move there.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-30-2014, 01:34 PM
The Heat needs 8 man rotation for the playoffs, the rest could be filled with min contracts. Adding Gasol could put them over the top, the Spurs have to make a move there.

Gasol, the same player that got raped by the Spurs two years ago in the playoffs. Ibaka would, but the Heat's problems weren't offense so much as it was they couldn't stop the Spurs defensively. Even if Gasol was on that team last year, the Spurs would have still kick their butts IMO.

Kidd K
06-30-2014, 01:57 PM
Gasol, the same player that got raped by the Spurs two years ago in the playoffs. Ibaka would, but the Heat's problems weren't offense so much as it was they couldn't stop the Spurs defensively. Even if Gasol was on that team last year, the Spurs would have still kick their butts IMO.

Actually the Heat struggled on both ends.

How many times did they score 100 points? Zero times.

How many times did they hold the Spurs under 100? Once.

Spurs averaged 105.6 PPG

Heat averaged 91.6 PPG

And to be honest, Miami's PPG probably would not have been that high if not for some of the easy garbage time baskets they got during their blowout losses. They got curb stomped in practically every way imaginable.

TheGoldStandard
06-30-2014, 02:01 PM
Unless they take less individually they cannot keep it together and be effective. Someone is on the way out.

Dex
06-30-2014, 02:04 PM
Actually the Heat struggled on both ends.

How many times did they score 100 points? Zero times.

How many times did they hold the Spurs under 100? Once.

Spurs averaged 105.6 PPG

Heat averaged 91.6 PPG

And to be honest, Miami's PPG probably would not have been that high if not for some of the easy garbage time baskets they got during their blowout losses. They got curb stomped in practically every way imaginable.

And this was with Lebron playing in God Mode for the majority of the time. I could understand if James had a bad series and the team followed suit, but Lebron played amazing and the Heat still got dismantled.

Kidd K
06-30-2014, 02:07 PM
And this was with Lebron playing in God Mode for the majority of the time. I could understand if James had a bad series and the team followed suit, but Lebron played amazing and the Heat still got dismantled.

Yep. Imo the 2014 Spurs team will be considered an all time great soon enough. Even our failures of the last two years help the case. We were VERY dominant in 2012 until RefGate. Then last year we nearly won, then this year was even better lol. I mean honestly, this Spurs team is fucking insane when healthy.

T Park
06-30-2014, 03:04 PM
The max is only about half his market value tbh

Well, yeah, goes back to the old Jordan premise that he got max dollars and was still worth more.

ducks
06-30-2014, 05:54 PM
if james makes 40 million million he would be lucky to get it the eastern conference finals

FireMicoHalili
06-30-2014, 06:11 PM

(1) How is LeBron being selfish? He already took a pay cut the last time he hit free agency. He carried the brunt of the scoring in the Finals. If there is any of the big three who deserves a raise, it's James. Fk Wade, he deserves $5-6M for riding LeBron's back the entire season.
(2) This actually bodes well for the Spurs if they all push for the max, save for that SOB Wade. Bigger contracts = less space. Still wondering who the Heat are interested in but I hope heir offseason plan all goes to shit. Can't believe they traded away for Napier just to coddle James. Kid isn't even that great, too much hubris in this one.
(3) Haslem sucks. That is all.

ducks
06-30-2014, 06:21 PM
dude just made 30 million last month on the beat apple deal

Ice009
06-30-2014, 07:52 PM
So has Bosh actually opted out? If not, when is the deadline for him to do so?

Brasileiro
06-30-2014, 08:06 PM
So has Bosh actually opted out? If not, when is the deadline for him to do so?

He did.

Hes agent said that 2 days ago.

James want max value to play outside Miami. Cleveland is the only who can give him that with a decent team.

Those 3 will get a pay cut 2 years deal. Carmelo joins in.

SouthernFried
06-30-2014, 08:18 PM
You know...you could just develop your players.

Just sayin'

Jimcs50
07-01-2014, 09:41 AM
(1) How is LeBron being selfish? He already took a pay cut the last time he hit free agency. He carried the brunt of the scoring in the Finals. If there is any of the big three who deserves a raise, it's James. Fk Wade, he deserves $5-6M for riding LeBron's back the entire season.
(2) This actually bodes well for the Spurs if they all push for the max, save for that SOB Wade. Bigger contracts = less space. Still wondering who the Heat are interested in but I hope heir offseason plan all goes to shit. Can't believe they traded away for Napier just to coddle James. Kid isn't even that great, too much hubris in this one.
(3) Haslem sucks. That is all.

Selfish because if he makes max, then they can not improve. Why should DWade cut his pay in half? He has carried the franchise for most of his career, does he not deserve to keep his 40 million if Lebron makes the max? No Wade is not worth 40 million but he has earned the right to collect his money for a career that has been great for Miami.

Lebron has nothing to prove, however if he wants to compete against the West, he needs to cut his salary and open up room for one or two great additions to his aging team. Do you think he needs an extra 25 million over next two years??

Jimcs50
07-01-2014, 09:43 AM
I hope he is greedy and Miami is handcuffed tbh

Jimcs50
07-01-2014, 09:48 AM
you dont understand salary caps and salaries do you.

No, but I do know how to do my day job, which is more important.:)

Besides, I made prediction of year in my thread of Spurs-Miami the Rematch. So fuck y'all

:lol

xmas1997
07-01-2014, 09:54 AM
Yep. Imo the 2014 Spurs team will be considered an all time great soon enough. Even our failures of the last two years help the case. We were VERY dominant in 2012 until RefGate. Then last year we nearly won, then this year was even better lol. I mean honestly, this Spurs team is fucking insane when healthy.

Yeah I agree to a certain extent, they are a great team. But will they be remembered as such?
Maybe by Spurs fans, but the general sports public has a pretty short memory span.
Most basketball fans have a "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately" type of attitude, and many of the newer Spurs fans show this same attitude, evidenced by just last year alone and all the criticism that certain players and the coach took. Just look at all the threads on this site overnthe last year for proof of that.
I think to be truly considered one of the greatest teams to play basketball, and not merely just the Spurs greatest, they would have to duplicate it again and in similar fashion in back to back championships.
I would love for the Spurs to finally win a "back to back", but it won't be the end of the world if they don't.
:flag::lobt2:

Mel_13
07-01-2014, 10:00 AM
No, but I do know how to do my day job, which is more important.:)

Besides, I made prediction of year in my thread of Spurs-Miami the Rematch. So fuck y'all

Morning line favorite for POTD.

xmas1997
07-01-2014, 10:02 AM

Morning line favorite for POTD.

:lmao
You have a point there.

FireMicoHalili
07-01-2014, 10:42 AM
Selfish because if he makes max, then they can not improve. Why should DWade cut his pay in half? He has carried the franchise for most of his career, does he not deserve to keep his 40 million if Lebron makes the max? No Wade is not worth 40 million but he has earned the right to collect his money for a career that has been great for Miami.

Lebron has nothing to prove, however if he wants to compete against the West, he needs to cut his salary and open up room for one or two great additions to his aging team. Do you think he needs an extra 25 million over next two years??
Lol Duncan was third highest paid player in the league in 2011, he was 35 then. LeBron is just peaking. In an ideal basketball world he'd take $10M, but players in their prime deserve the max. He's just 29 and the next few years are his peak years. This guy of all people deserves the max.

You factor in loyalty and whatever he has brought to the Heat in the past, but it's still not worth giving Wade the max. Health issues and age are primarily a concern. James has been carrying him; that was obvious in this year's finals. If we factor in what a player has done in the past, we should've given Ginobili more than $7M a year. Wade is old as balls and deserves around $8-$10M. $5M actually cause he's creaky as he'll.

You argue it's about need; at this point in their careers, it's not. It's naive to ignore the business side of basketball. Cannot expect everyone to remodel themselves a la Spurs.

xmas1997
07-01-2014, 11:16 AM
Am I understanding this right, James wants a max deal from all other teams, EXCEPT Miami, where he will take less money in order to get players around their big three?