PDA

View Full Version : Brent Barry

FkLA
06-29-2014, 05:15 AM
Just watched the '07 championship DVD (currently streaming for free on Amazon for prime members btw) and damn what a cool guy.

Remember him going up to Pop when he was in Seattle and asking him to please get him to San Antonio, and you could tell he was loving his time here when that came to fruition. Mentioned that he had a pre-game talk with Tony before every game and before the Finals he told him that he was the best guard on the court so go out there and show it. A great teammate in general. Poor guy shouldve been part of the Spurs brass...what a dick move by Parker. None of this is news but damn you kinda forget over time just how much of an asshole Parker was in that situation tbh.

Juggity
06-29-2014, 05:32 AM
Funny how Rick Barry's shitty human being genes didn't get passed along.

Brent was definitely a high character guy and whenever I see him doing commentary or speaking in an NBA discussion panel, it reminds me that he's pretty intelligent and cool. Maybe he'll go into coaching some day.

objective
06-29-2014, 06:01 AM
If this that can double as a general Barry thread, then I tend to see Barry as a disappointment here. Maybe with the new pop style he would have been better, but the expectations when he was signed was that he would be a 6th man of the year type, hell, Legler called it a lock after the season opener in 04/05. Instead, he lost his spot in the rotation to Devin Brown, and was 99.9% traded away. Lucky for him the trade was nixed and Brown hurt his back.

Then he was pushed further back after Finley was signed, and basically was done by the time he wouldn't shoot against the Lakers. Still better than Belineli though.

SupremeGuy
06-29-2014, 06:02 AM
He always comes off as a pretty fucking chill person to me... fucking parker :lol what a dick

kobyz
06-29-2014, 06:03 AM
Brent sacrifice one for the team, like he should!

100%duncan
06-29-2014, 06:34 AM
Parker just took it to the hole like what you all want him to do during games tbh.

mrjap2x
06-29-2014, 06:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXg-k_1NGMY

Barry is a really good 3 point shooter, very athletic (at least early in his career), and looking at the video was a good passer, why wasn't Barry a star?

-21-
06-29-2014, 08:21 AM
Brent really seems like a great guy.

Emperor
06-29-2014, 08:31 AM
I still feel kinda feel bad for the dude whenever i see him on tv. Just looks sorta sad at times. Oh well it happens to most of us. But most of us don't have the millions to make it all better.

SupremeGuy
06-29-2014, 08:45 AM
I still feel kinda feel bad for the dude whenever i see him on tv. Just looks sorta sad at times. Oh well it happens to most of us. But most of us don't have the millions to make it all better.I totally get that, tbh. :lol

DMX7
06-29-2014, 09:16 AM
Brent was a good guy. I feel bad for him, but he is not doing too badly for himself.

Dex
06-29-2014, 09:33 AM
Barry was one of my favorite Spurs. I loved watching him during his time with the team, and he always seemed like such a great teammate and all around fun guy.

Obviously none of us really know the whole story, but if what we HAVE heard is true (which seems likely considering the immediate breakup of the Parker/Longoria and the Barry's following the rumors)...I lost a lot of respect for Parker with that move.

playbonner15
06-29-2014, 09:45 AM
Guy looks sad on TV though. You can't help but feel sorry for him even though you know he's far better than your lazy ass

dbreiden83080
06-29-2014, 09:53 AM
Has Brent Barry ever actually commented about that whole situation or do we just believe the rumors TMZ put out there?

DMX7
06-29-2014, 09:57 AM
Guy looks sad on TV though. You can't help but feel sorry for him even though you know he's far better than your lazy ass

Yes, he does especially when talking about the Spurs.

DMX7
06-29-2014, 09:57 AM
Has Brent Barry ever actually commented about that whole situation or do we just believe the rumors TMZ put out there?

We firmly believe the rumors. Rumors are second only to facts in credibility.

dbreiden83080
06-29-2014, 09:59 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF6SNxNIV08

spursparker9
06-29-2014, 10:06 AM
Barry was one of my favorite Spurs. I loved watching him during his time with the team, and he always seemed like such a great teammate and all around fun guy.

Obviously none of us really know the whole story, but if what we HAVE heard is true (which seems likely considering the immediate breakup of the Parker/Longoria and the Barry's following the rumors)...I lost a lot of respect for Parker with that move.

Should be true.

the timing of both Barry and Tony separating from Erin Barry and Eva longoria is just about the simultaneously.

and Barry's refusal to mention "Tony" or "Parker" in during his appearance on NBA TV also add some evidence to the rumor.

FlAVaK
06-29-2014, 11:33 AM
currently streaming for free on Amazon for prime members btw

Thanks! :toast

I got a prime membership on amazon.de, but fund the stream(s) [all 4 former championship dvds are available!] only on amazon.com, where i have to sign into a new prime membership! Anybody got any experience on using prime streaming on different amazon domains?

DJR210
06-29-2014, 11:41 AM
He always comes off as a pretty fucking chill person to me... fucking parker :lol what a dick

You fools with the "Parker is a dick" bs :lol.. If you were on the team and Erin Barry wanted to play with your penis, you would have to have ED to not fuck her

gambit1990
06-29-2014, 12:06 PM
they should replace shaq with him on inside the nba.

nickbroken
06-29-2014, 01:01 PM
You fools with the "Parker is a dick" bs :lol.. If you were on the team and Erin Barry wanted to play with your penis, you would have to have ED to not fuck her

If I was a million pro basketball player most likely I could get a lot of pussy, I'm not a scumbag so why why I bang my friend/teammates wife?

BillMc
06-29-2014, 01:24 PM

Yep. When the legend exceeds the truth, print the legend.

TheGreatYacht
06-29-2014, 02:23 PM
Haven't you seen the comments these dudes on ST post? "DRob was hung like damn"

Don't put them in that situation...

weeks
06-29-2014, 04:52 PM

most of these sex starved losers, sure

but tony gets pussy thrown at him on a daily basis, he should be able to cold shoulder a teammate's wife for the sake of chemistry and cohesion
it's not like she's the hottest chick he could smash, or the youngest, or the tightest, or the kinkiest.
he was just being french

Jimcs50
06-29-2014, 04:54 PM
We all would have fucked Erin Barry. Stop being holier than thou and admit that Tp did nothing any one of us would not have done as well.

superbigtime
06-29-2014, 04:57 PM
Always liked Brent Barry, before after and during his time with the Spurs.

~Sweetmelody~
06-29-2014, 05:14 PM
I still feel kinda feel bad for the dude whenever i see him on tv. Just looks sorta sad at times. Oh well it happens to most of us. But most of us don't have the millions to make it all better.

Unfortunately,I feel the same way every time I see the guy, can't help it. I always thought he had a beautiful family and from what I had read his wife was very active in the community and being school sweethearts made it appear more special.

I would like to think that some men would "not go there" when it comes to their teammates spouse

Also, miss him in those HEB commercials. lol

kobyz
06-29-2014, 05:23 PM
Enough with the hating on Parker, Tony is not someone that mess around just because, Tony is a lover! if he wanted Erin it means he had feelings for her so he should have been with her for god's sake!

lefty
06-29-2014, 05:26 PM
they should replace shaq with him on inside the nba.
This

Brent is a terrific analyst and is actually funny

T Park
06-29-2014, 06:05 PM
Should be true.

the timing of both Barry and Tony separating from Erin Barry and Eva longoria is just about the simultaneously.

and Barry's refusal to mention "Tony" or "Parker" in during his appearance on NBA TV also add some evidence to the rumor.

I've heard him mention Parker many times.

Only you tinfoil hat wearing kooks think otherwise.

TheWriter
06-29-2014, 07:35 PM

Ummm, he's mention Tony plenty of times on NBA TV. He also produced his own Spurs tribute video during the finals that aired on NBA TV and talked about the big three, including Parker.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-29-2014, 08:04 PM
Breant is wonderful, huge music fan with a great sense of humour. Always fun when he's on The Starters.

But why y'all gotta go diggin in the dirt of the past? We all know fucked up things happened, let them lie.

HI-FI
06-29-2014, 08:10 PM
This

Brent is a terrific analyst and is actually funny
Brent is very good as an analyst and a very underrated Spur. FkLa is right. strange the team didn't come down harder on Parker, i guess they felt he was their best option and had to bend the rules, which led to even more choking to come. nonetheless, Kawhi and Green helped usher in a better era.

Jimcs50
06-29-2014, 08:31 PM
I would like to think that some men would "not go there" when it comes to their teammates spouse

Also, miss him in those HEB commercials. lol

If you're cheating on the person u make a vow with, do you think that is better than cheating on a teammates' wife?? If you are not loyal to your wife, is makes no sense that you draw the line when it comes to who you cheat with. Am I missing something?

DJR210
06-29-2014, 10:29 PM
If I was a million pro basketball player most likely I could get a lot of pussy, I'm not a scumbag so why why I bang my friend/teammates wife?

most of these sex starved losers, sure

but tony gets pussy thrown at him on a daily basis, he should be able to cold shoulder a teammate's wife for the sake of chemistry and cohesion
it's not like she's the hottest chick he could smash, or the youngest, or the tightest, or the kinkiest.
he was just being french

I agree with this. Obviously, Tony can walk into a bar/club, and have his pick easily from the most beautiful women available, and I'm sure Tony knew the risk of his friendship/chemistry with the team. But there is a reason he risked everything to fuck Erin.

She is obviously a monumental whore, who knew what she wanted. A beautiful woman with her mind set on something can be very hard to turn down, especially if she is manipulative and forces you to think with your other head. Tony is obviously the victim in this, I feel really bad he had to endure such a vicious attack at the hands of an older, more experienced whore. As for kinkiest..you never know, she probably gave him a prostate massage/salad toss, watersports, etc.. Eva seems pretty bland.

Also, Brent needs to take the brunt of the blame here. He obviously wasn't keeping her pussy happy. Studies show eating your wife's pussy at least 3 times a week reduces infidelity by almost 98%. He obviously wasn't eating pussy, and now he can :cry about it on NBA TV by avoiding saying "Tony" or "Parker" :lol

Haven't you seen the comments these dudes on ST post? "DRob was hung like damn"

Don't put them in that situation...

:lol

We all would have fucked Erin Barry. Stop being holier than thou and admit that Tp did nothing any one of us would not have done as well. This. She ain't even that hot IMO, but some of these sales pitches these broads use these days are pretty damn good. Corner me and say a few nasty things, you're gonna get smashed.

lefty
06-29-2014, 10:44 PM
Brent is very good as an analyst and a very underrated Spur. FkLa is right. strange the team didn't come down harder on Parker, i guess they felt he was their best option and had to bend the rules, which led to even more choking to come. nonetheless, Kawhi and Green helped usher in a better era.

Cold blooded shooter, fantastic passer, high basketball IQ; perfect for our motion offense

TBH he would have been even better with today's Spurs, just imagine him on the court with Diaw, Tim, Kiwi and Green

Beaverfuzz
06-29-2014, 10:46 PM
<---------

Watched Brent in college and he was a man among boys back then...and he was skinnier than I was!

Brent rules.

Pauleta14
06-29-2014, 11:42 PM
Barry's marriage was already over for reasons that has nothing to do with Tony IIRC...

sehui
06-30-2014, 12:29 AM
so many parker apologists in this damn thread.

Dude, stop defending his ass, at the end of the day, he boned his teammates' wife; that's something you just don't do, especially within like a year span.

This is the Spurs were talking about, a franchise that is all about teamwork. How are you going to defend tony for doing that shit?

And stop with the comparisons that forum posters would do the same shit - I'm sure if we were in Tony's position we'd have the appropriate IQ to realize we can get a bunch of bitches easily at other sources, and NOT ruin chemistry in our team.

~Sweetmelody~
06-30-2014, 12:42 AM
If you're cheating on the person u make a vow with, do you think that is better than cheating on a teammates' wife?? If you are not loyal to your wife, is makes no sense that you draw the line when it comes to who you cheat with. Am I missing something?

Of course not!! I was just referencing to the topic of Tony and Brent. Sorry, next time I will be more specific.

Floyd Pacquiao
06-30-2014, 12:59 AM
Tony should have deleted the sexts erin sent him

HI-FI
06-30-2014, 01:27 AM
Cold blooded shooter, fantastic passer, high basketball IQ; perfect for our motion offense

TBH he would have been even better with today's Spurs, just imagine him on the court with Diaw, Tim, Kiwi and Green
agreed. just a bit before his time. if he had joined Spurs now, he would stand out more and team morale would be less penetrated. :depressed
Props to RC and Pop for moving this team beyond the HeroBalls Deep era imo.

Leetonidas
06-30-2014, 01:56 AM
One of my favorite Spurs ever tbh. For some reason my favorite memory of him was that regular season game versus Phoenix in the 2005 season. Dude was pretty clutch. He also hit a great shot in the first round in 2006 against the Kings. I always felt he was way too passive but he was a high IQ player who didn't make many mistakes and passed very well.

He'd be absolutely sick on this current Spurs team tbh. Tall PG basically with elite shooting stroke and great passing skills and athleticism

FkLA
06-30-2014, 02:22 AM

Dude, stop defending his ass, at the end of the day, he boned his teammates' wife; that's something you just don't do, especially within like a year span.

This is the Spurs were talking about, a franchise that is all about teamwork. How are you going to defend tony for doing that shit?

And stop with the comparisons that forum posters would do the same shit - I'm sure if we were in Tony's position we'd have the appropriate IQ to realize we can get a bunch of bitches easily at other sources, and NOT ruin chemistry in our team.

No shit. If Erin Barry was an absolute stranger and she came on to me I would obviously jump at that, she's a good looking woman. But if she's a friend's wife and that guy happens to be a really cool guy then why would I do that?

BTW did Erin actually initiate thing or are posters just being homers and standing up for Parker?

MI21
06-30-2014, 03:21 AM
Brent Barry was absolutely built for the 2014 Spurs.

Elite shooter from anywhere on the court, great ball-handler for his size, absolutely incredible passer (not quite Manu, but close), good athlete and a fantastic, unselfish team-mate.

rmt
06-30-2014, 04:14 AM

This. It is indefensible. There's lots of other willing women out there. Some things are inviolable - messing with a team mate's/friend's wife is one of them. And since they were childhood sweethearts - probably no pre-nip - she probably took him for half of what he had.

DAF86
06-30-2014, 06:22 AM
Fucking assholes justifying Tony's move. Good thing I don't know you in real life, tbh. :lol

Jimcs50
06-30-2014, 07:58 AM
This. It is indefensible. There's lots of other willing women out there. Some things are inviolable - messing with a team mate's/friend's wife is one of them. And since they were childhood sweethearts - probably no pre-nip - she probably took him for half of what he had.

So it is ok to bone other women if you are married as long as it is not a teammate's wife?

do not be loyal to the person you made a vow to, just to some random teammate. Got ya

You are an idiot

Jimcs50
06-30-2014, 08:00 AM
Fucking assholes justifying Tony's move. Good thing I don't know you in real life, tbh. :lol

Good thing, cuz if your wife is hot and wants to bone me, I'm doing it.

FkLA
06-30-2014, 08:16 AM
So it is ok to bone other women if you are married as long as it is not a teammate's wife?

do not be loyal to the person you made a vow to, just to some random teammate. Got ya

You are an idiot

Are you not able to realize that you'd be fucking up three peoples lives that are likely close to you (wife, teammate, teammates wife) as opposed to just fucking up your wife's life if you slept with some strangers wife?

Not saying either is right but obviously one is a notch above the other on the fucked up scale tbh.

TheGreatYacht
06-30-2014, 09:32 AM

Barry was already divorcing her :lmao

Nobody here knows if that Eva broad was a bitch behind the cameras, tbh. There's a reason Tony never put a baby in that

Why isn't anybody bringing up Manu fucking around and cheating on his teammates in 2013?? 8

philldafunk
06-30-2014, 02:27 PM
I like how he took his trophy for the dunk contest, and turned it into a bowl for chips and dip. http://www.danpatrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/barry.cup3_.jpg

TampaDude
06-30-2014, 03:27 PM
I like how he took his trophy for the dunk contest, and turned it into a bowl for chips and dip. http://www.danpatrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/barry.cup3_.jpg

Darius McCrary
06-30-2014, 05:50 PM
Why do people hate Rick Berry lol

He shoots free throws underhanded