PDA

View Full Version : Suns: WOJ: SUns to push hard for Lebron/Melo

InRareForm
06-29-2014, 11:59 AM
@WojYahooNBA · 18m

Yahoo Sources: Armed with young talent, assets and max contract space, Suns will pursue a LeBron-Carmelo partnership. http://yhoo.it/1mvssBf

Thread
06-29-2014, 12:03 PM
And I'm 25 years old.

InRareForm
06-29-2014, 12:05 PM
Would be extremely fun to watch. Bring back D'Antoni

Thread
06-29-2014, 12:08 PM
Would be extremely fun to watch. Bring back D'Antoni

It'd be a living nightmare. I have things the way I want it now. I'm on the way to O & 1/2 a 100. I do not want that disturbed.

DPG21920
06-29-2014, 12:09 PM
Basketball wise it should be appealing but it's highly unlikely Bron realistically considers it - especially with Bosh/Wade opting out.

But this is a rare scenario where Lebron can get a max deal AND still have enough legit talent to compete. But I believe he won't consider it because its in the West and PHX just doesn't seem to be cool enough for Lebron.

Thread
06-29-2014, 12:23 PM
Basketball wise it should be appealing but it's highly unlikely Bron realistically considers it - especially with Bosh/Wade opting out.

But this is a rare scenario where Lebron can get a max deal AND still have enough legit talent to compete. But I believe he won't consider it because its in the West and PHX just doesn't seem to be cool enough for Lebron.

Thank Christ.

I'm gettin' too old for this, Deeps. I want some peace as I enter the golden years.

DPG21920
06-29-2014, 12:25 PM
Thank Christ.

I'm gettin' too old for this, Deeps. I want some peace as I enter the golden years.

As long as you don't try to have your cake (stirring sh*t up) & eat it to (the peace part), I will do my part.

Malik Hairston
06-29-2014, 12:44 PM
Honestly, Carmelo only makes sense for the Bulls IMO..I don't know why so many teams are rumoured to be interested in re-shaping their entire franchise around a player with a questionable style of play..

baseline bum
06-29-2014, 12:45 PM
Sarver is too fucking cheap for James to seriously consider this; O & 47 should be safe.

Thread
06-29-2014, 12:58 PM
Sarver is too fucking cheap for James to seriously consider this; O & 47 should be safe.

But, they're a conniving bunch here. I don't trust them as far as I could throw 'em. They work in concert with the Media so it is extremely difficult to get a read on it till it's over. I'll be glad when James is back in Miami, up to his armpits in alligators.

Until then I'm gonna watch the skies.

benefactor
06-29-2014, 01:07 PM
Put James on the Suns and they blow through the West. He is all they are missing.

Thebesteva
06-29-2014, 01:09 PM
Its hard being a Suns fan, knowing there is 0% chance you will ever win a championship ever

Thread
06-29-2014, 01:10 PM
Put James on the Suns and they blow through the West. He is all they are missing.

I could live with that, miserably, yes, but, live with it if it stopped there and progressed absolutely no further. That would secure The Bag in Texas + put me at O & 47.

Thread
06-29-2014, 01:11 PM
Its hard being a Suns fan, knowing there is 0% chance you will ever win a championship ever

This Suns fan is having the time of his life with that knowledge.

Kool Bob Love
06-29-2014, 01:12 PM
Someone is upset ITT.

Mori Chu
06-29-2014, 01:21 PM
Kevin Love wouldn't dignify the Suns with a reassurance that he would resign. Lebron won't come to a one-horse town like Phoenix either, sadly. Not cool or fun or black enough. Not close enough to water. Not enough hot women. Cheap owner who was a jerk during the lockout. (Don't think that Lebron has forgotten that.) Etc.

TDMVPDPOY
06-29-2014, 01:30 PM
lol lebron wont play for clippers with sterling still at the helm, what makes suns fans think he go play in a state with backward laws?

Killakobe81
06-29-2014, 01:42 PM
No. They would be good but Spurs, Clips OKC might still beat them. LeBron is amazing but that is overrating him. This is not the East Dragic is much better than Mo Williams but outside that not much better than last year's Heat .And LeBron hasn't won shit without great play from his #2

da_suns_fan
06-29-2014, 02:02 PM

This.

Koolaid_Man
06-29-2014, 02:13 PM
And I'm 25 years old.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Koolaid_Man
06-29-2014, 02:14 PM
Why is this being discussed...them niggas ain't stepping foot in Pheonix unless you're paying them 100 mill each for one season :lmao

Chinook
06-29-2014, 02:17 PM
Honestly, Carmelo only makes sense for the Bulls IMO..I don't know why so many teams are rumoured to be interested in re-shaping their entire franchise around a player with a questionable style of play..

Yeah. Chicago just straight-up needs offense. That's why Melo fits every other semi-contender has a system or a couple of players in place that would be compromised by Melo being Melo.

Baam
06-29-2014, 02:18 PM
It's so sad seeing these teams chasing FAs who don't even want to leave their teams...

Chinook
06-29-2014, 02:21 PM
No. They would be good but Spurs, Clips OKC might still beat them. LeBron is amazing but that is overrating him. This is not the East Dragic is much better than Mo Williams but outside that not much better than last year's Heat .And LeBron hasn't won shit without great play from his #2

The Clips aren't getting out of the second round if they can't fix their wings.

I agree that Lebron isn't enough to make Phoenix instant favorites, though. But it would be fun to see an all-6'8'' lineup with James/Green/Warren/Morris/Morris

spurraider21
06-29-2014, 03:11 PM
The Clips aren't getting out of the second round if they can't fix their wings.

I agree that Lebron isn't enough to make Phoenix instant favorites, though. But it would be fun to see an all-6'8'' lineup with James/Green/Warren/Morris/Morris
paging Gino-Step

Thread
06-29-2014, 03:13 PM
It's so sad seeing these teams chasing FAs who don't even want to leave their teams...

Baam. One of the keys to the malnutrition that symbolism over substance creates.

DMC
06-29-2014, 04:51 PM
And I'm 25 years old.

and I'm an astronaut.

DMC
06-29-2014, 04:53 PM
It's not sad. It spells a clearer path for the Spurs.

Thread
06-29-2014, 04:54 PM
It's not sad. It spells a clearer path for the Spurs.

Hell, if it gets any clearer I may as well come and get the fuckin' bag now. Where's it at exactly, D, at Kori's palatial estate?

DMC
06-29-2014, 04:56 PM
Hell, if it gets any clearer I may as well come and get the fuckin' bag now. Where's it at exactly, D, at Kori's palatial estate?

Last seen in Greece as I recall. Could still be wet.

Jeremy
06-29-2014, 05:07 PM

So you're saying it would be better to forget Melo and just try to keep all their current players plus James?

Thread
06-29-2014, 05:24 PM
So you're saying it would be better to forget Melo

PERIOD

Infinite_limit
06-29-2014, 05:46 PM
And then the inevitable James choke in the Finals?

Mori Chu
06-30-2014, 01:32 AM
So you're saying it would be better to forget Melo and just try to keep all their current players plus James?

Jeremy! Baby! Dollface! Why aren't you talking Suns with us over at phx-suns.net ?? You're a sheep among wolves here; come be with your own kind.

Kamnik
06-30-2014, 12:13 PM
Lebron? Sure... but it will never ever happen.

Melo? NO THANK YOU

wanggi
06-30-2014, 12:38 PM
O & 45
First, you must be sure that you can live long enough to enter the golden year.
So you should surrender yourself in front of Jesus Christ.
Secondly, you should worry your Lakers/Rapist over the Suns if you're a die hard Lakerfan.

SupremeGuy
06-30-2014, 12:52 PM
lol lebron wont play for clippers with sterling still at the helm, what makes suns fans think he go play in a state with backward laws?Which "backward" laws? lol

Dex
06-30-2014, 01:12 PM
It'd be a living nightmare. I have things the way I want it now. I'm on the way to O & 1/2 a 100. I do not want that disturbed.

:lol

Jeremy
06-30-2014, 03:13 PM
Tbh, the news that LeBron will only take max money makes the Suns scenario much more likely. The Suns are the only team in the league that can give him max money while keeping a talented roster in place. They already have the young talent and coach/system in place that won 48 games, and can add LeBron without getting rid of anyone.

And then add to that the fact that they could easily add a second max player such as Carmelo (if LeBron wants them to), without getting rid of any of their core talent.

If a Heat deal falls apart, there is no reason the Suns should not be a (the) leading contender. They're the only team that can give him everything he could want: max money and a talented young roster (including friends of his such as Eric Bledsoe and/or Carmelo).

Thread
06-30-2014, 03:43 PM
Tbh, the news that LeBron will only take max money makes the Suns scenario much more likely. The Suns are the only team in the league that can give him max money while keeping a talented roster in place. They already have the young talent and coach/system in place that won 48 games, and can add LeBron without getting rid of anyone.

And then add to that the fact that they could easily add a second max player such as Carmelo (if LeBron wants them to), without getting rid of any of their core talent.

If a Heat deal falls apart, there is no reason the Suns should not be a (the) leading contender. They're the only team that can give him everything he could want: max money and a talented young roster (including friends of his such as Eric Bledsoe and/or Carmelo).

Verbatim from 98.7 going on right now. They're bag men for the boy's downtown, Jeremy.

Jeremy
06-30-2014, 04:14 PM
Verbatim from 98.7 going on right now. They're bag men for the boy's downtown, Jeremy.

I swear I haven't even listened to them today. It's just what I see as making sense. Hard to be unbiased, yes, but I can't see how it doesn't make sense.

Spurs9
06-30-2014, 04:23 PM

Adding Lebron, I think the Suns would have a better team than the current Heat team. Wade is washed up, and Bosh disappears in the middle of games.

Jeremy
06-30-2014, 04:42 PM
Adding Lebron, I think the Suns would have a better team than the current Heat team. Wade is washed up, and Bosh disappears in the middle of games.

I agree, but I'm worried Lebron won't see it that way. Or simply won't want to move to a new team again. If Indiana had beaten them, I would say it would be much more likely he would leave.

Trainwreck2100
06-30-2014, 05:00 PM
Sorry brah LBJ ain't going out west

Jacob1983
06-30-2014, 05:15 PM
He will never make it to the Finals in West.

ducks
06-30-2014, 05:40 PM
if he went to the suns he might
suns with james and melo or bosh would thrive
bosh>frye

ElNono
06-30-2014, 07:42 PM
I'm a fan of Lebron, but he was tired after a cakewalk in the East... in the West, he would need to spend much more energy just to make the playoffs.

On top of that, almost every team that made the playoffs in the West went through a 7 game series. It becomes a war of attrition. You also have the top 2 best coaches in the game right now in the West...

It would be wiser for him to stay in the East, tbh...

~O~
06-30-2014, 08:07 PM
I'm a fan of Lebron, but he was tired after a cakewalk in the East... in the West, he would need to spend much more energy just to make the playoffs.

On top of that, almost every team that made the playoffs in the West went through a 7 game series. It becomes a war of attrition. You also have the top 2 best coaches in the game right now in the West...

It would be wiser for him to stay in the East, tbh...

They should be even more worn out next year. They made the finals again.

I don't think anyone should make it an excuse that they were physically worn out. It should have been all mental. The Heat went to 4 straight finals appearances. I wouldn't be surprised if they get the boot in the Eastern Conference finals. They'll still have to deal with that "Cute little team".