PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: OFFICIAL Dallas Mavericks Offseason Thread

m>s
06-29-2014, 12:25 PM
This thread is tradition, and since the Mav fans run this board somebody sticky this shit.

So the Tyson deal is official...where do we go from here comrades?

The mavs don't normally go after restricted FA's, but i think they should make a quick and early push for Chandler Parsons since it's obvious that LBJ/Melo aren't coming to big D. That puts pressure on Houston because if they match, then that means no lebron or melo for them. In the event that they do not match Parsons and we sign him, what are the odds that Boston is interested in a Monte/Wright for Rondo SnT deal?

playbonner15
06-29-2014, 02:25 PM
Instead of Rondo, get Patty Mills instead. He might bolt if Spurs FO try to lowball him. He might fill the role the Jet left.

m>s
06-29-2014, 02:32 PM
That's the problem with Ellis at the 2, he's really hard to build around because he either has to play PG or you need a really big PG starting along side him like Kidd who can defend SG's. I'd be in favor of moving him in a S&T for rondo if possible and signing a SG and SF with all that cap space.

Thread
06-29-2014, 03:27 PM
Instead of Rondo, get Patty Mills instead. He might bolt if Spurs FO try to lowball him. He might fill the role the Jet left.

No. Riley, I mean Pop has made all the mistakes he's going to make. Riley will not let Mike Miller wander off, I mean Pop will not let Patty Mills wander off.

IrisHockey
06-29-2014, 03:29 PM
Please not Rondo... cancer PG that can't shoot..

m>s
06-29-2014, 03:35 PM
Please not Rondo... cancer PG that can't shoot..
depends on who we're able to get at the 2 and 3. but it's going to be hard to go deep in the playoffs with monta in your backcourt, dude is just too hard to build around with his deficiencies. he can't play PG and he can't guard SG's. who the hell do you put out there with him and not have your backcourt get fucked?

spurraider21
06-29-2014, 04:37 PM
depends on who we're able to get at the 2 and 3. but it's going to be hard to go deep in the playoffs with monta in your backcourt, dude is just too hard to build around with his deficiencies. he can't play PG and he can't guard SG's. who the hell do you put out there with him and not have your backcourt get fucked?
jason kidd after the nets fire him

m>s
06-29-2014, 04:54 PM
crofl i was joking to big bump that all we need is a prime jason kidd and we staaaaacked

basically we did the same thing with kidd and jet instead of "random big pg" and monta tbh

Franklin
06-29-2014, 05:59 PM
we can't afford to lose Monta, nigga, dude was big for us last season and had good chemistry with out team. Swapping Monta for a TOSB Rondo would be a lateral move at its finest, tbh.

Franklin
06-29-2014, 06:04 PM
That's why the best role for Monta is the 6th man imho. Rick likes to start a shitty SG and play his best guard off the bench (like how he used JET back then) but maybe it's just monta who doesn't want that role.

Although I don't think we need another Chandler (Parsons), I like your idea of making a bid for him just to screw up the Lockets. Best scenario is the Lockets decide not to match our offer while neither Melo nor Lebron chooses to join them. Getting Parsons ain't nearly as exciting as getting Melo or the great Satan Lebron but Parsons is still one of the best SFs out there in the market this summer, and would be a huge upgrade (especially at the offensive end) than a TOSB Marion imho.

King Emmanuel
06-29-2014, 06:13 PM
That's why the best role for Monta is the 6th man imho. Rick likes to start a shitty SG and play his best guard off the bench (like how he used JET back then) but maybe it's just monta who doesn't want that role.

Although I don't think we need another Chandler (Parsons), I like your idea of making a bid for him just to screw up the Lockets. Best scenario is the Lockets decide not to match our offer while neither Melo nor Lebron chooses to join them. Getting Parsons ain't nearly as exciting as getting Melo or the great Satan Lebron but Parsons is still one of the best SFs out there in the market this summer, and would be a huge upgrade (especially at the offensive end) than a TOSB Marion imho.

d-steve wasnt shitty

lefty
06-29-2014, 06:13 PM
http://blogs.sundaymercury.net/weirdscience/male-crickets.jpg

AaronY
06-29-2014, 06:25 PM
http://blogs.sundaymercury.net/weirdscience/male-crickets.jpg
Oh, ok

Mori Chu
06-30-2014, 02:27 AM
The team's on a long, slow, downward slide. They made the playoffs this past year (first round exit! congrats!), but, that's their ceiling. They probably won't make the dance this coming year, and they'll be out of the playoffs for a few years at the end of Dirk's career and after he retires. That's just the truth.

Kyle Orton
06-30-2014, 07:13 AM
The team's on a long, slow, downward slide. They made the playoffs this past year (first round exit! congrats!), but, that's their ceiling. They probably won't make the dance this coming year, and they'll be out of the playoffs for a few years at the end of Dirk's career and after he retires. That's just the truth.
Lol wrong about them mavs

playbonner15
06-30-2014, 07:57 AM
Nah man. They still got those tough saggy balls in Carlisle and Dirk.

Jodelo
06-30-2014, 01:44 PM

"Mavs ain't getting in" :lmao