PDA

View Full Version : Heat: How can the heat get better if bron takes the max?

Ghazi
06-30-2014, 12:19 PM
Just dont see how they could significantly improve their roster that way. Theyd still be contenders for the title, especially in the east.. But a 54 win team with a weak point differential and likely to decline a bit more.. No young talent.. Not sure whAt they could do.

Thread
06-30-2014, 12:25 PM
The chickens have come home to roost.

They should count their blessings the Spurs insisted last June.

SupremeGuy
06-30-2014, 12:56 PM
If Lebron takes the max, Wade and Bosh will have to take ridiculous pay cuts for the Heat to get any better, tbh. It's quite a tricky situation.

Killakobe81
06-30-2014, 12:59 PM
Who cares? He ddesrves his bread that is on Riles not Lebron. After seeing Caberera, Crosby, Kobe heck even Romo cash in it's time for America's greatest athlete to get HIS!!!
Cannot begrudge him that.

baseline bum
06-30-2014, 01:05 PM
This is how I saw it in the other thread, Ghaz

I'll take Woj's word that James wants max, which is $22 million. Let's try to come up with a really cap friendly scenario: say Wade and Bosh sign for $13 million each and Haslem takes $2M (they're not renouncing him and making him play for minimum after he opted out). Then Miami's cap situation looks like

1. James: $22.1M
2. Wade: $13.0M
3. Bosh: $13.0M
4. Cole: $2.15M
5. Haslem: $2.0M
6. Anderson: $1.45M
7. Napier: $1.03M
8. Open roster spot: $0.473M
9. Open roster spot: $0.473M
10. Open roster spot: $0.473M
11. Open roster spot: $0.473M
12. Open roster spot: $0.473M

TOTAL: $57.1M
CAPSPACE: $6.10M

Let's assume they renounce Rashard Lewis and then sign him for league minimum after they're out of capspace. He won't have any better options. So do they renounce Allen and see if they can get MVPau with that $6.1M? Or maybe give Allen $2M and use the other $4.1M to get a defensive stopper like Avery Bradley? Maybe split their capspace between Ray Ray and Marion? They surely renounce Chalmers, right?

mavsfan1000
06-30-2014, 01:09 PM
Lebron prefers more money over winning. Lol

spurraider21
06-30-2014, 01:14 PM
Lebron prefers more money over winning. Lol
this new mentality that has been forced unto fans has owners grinning tbh :lol

Clipper Nation
06-30-2014, 01:15 PM
Tbh, he's dumb if he takes the max, but then again, he's dumb anyway if he stays in Miami at all, tbh.....

spurraider21
06-30-2014, 01:16 PM
Tbh, he's dumb if he takes the max, but then again, he's dumb anyway if he stays in Miami at all, tbh.....
coming to grips that LeClip isn't happening, huh

baseline bum
06-30-2014, 01:19 PM
this new mentality that has been forced unto fans has owners grinning tbh :lol

No shit. :lol

You could somewhat make an argument for Wade being paid the same in 2010, but now James should be at $22 million, Wade maybe $11 million, and Bosh $15 million.

spurraider21
06-30-2014, 01:21 PM

You could somewhat make an argument for Wade being paid the same in 2010, but now James should be at $22 million, Wade maybe $11 million, and Bosh $15 million.
i have my doubts that bosh would get 15 mil on the open market. dude is 30 and his game is nothing like it was when he was considered a "franchise guy"

Clipper Nation
06-30-2014, 01:23 PM
coming to grips that LeClip isn't happening, huh
Kang hasn't signed anywhere yet, tbh :downspin:

Dex
06-30-2014, 01:24 PM
i have my doubts that bosh would get 15 mil on the open market. dude is 30 and his game is nothing like it was when he was considered a "franchise guy"

Dinoface is a former All-Star big and now can shoot the three (unless its Game 5 of the NBA Finals). There is some team dumb enough to throw the money at him.

LkrFan
06-30-2014, 01:31 PM

This is great news. Wade's pride won't let him take less, although it is crystal clear that he's no longer a max player, but LBJ is.

Don't take less than you are worth LBJ! :lol

LkrFan
06-30-2014, 01:34 PM
Kang hasn't signed anywhere yet, tbh :downspin:

:downspin: that shiiiiiiiiiiit all you want, but short of trading Blake for him straight up or salary dumping Jordan (your anchor), no LBJ for you. Own that shit s:loln

LkrFan
06-30-2014, 01:39 PM

He's worth it. His game was neutered by Spo as they acquiesced to the Kang and Wade.

He should have been 2nd fiddle PERIOD.

baseline bum
06-30-2014, 01:39 PM

Roy Hibbert is making $15 million this season.

baseline bum
06-30-2014, 01:46 PM

Why is he dumb to stay in Miami? They have two rings, made the Finals 4 times, and will have a great shot at ringing again. The Spurs are old and there is no guarantee they're back in the Finals next season, and even if so, could they play that same series again? That is as perfect a series as the Spurs have ever played. OKC matches up pretty badly with Miami and they have a great shot to take the conference. The Clippers could be an interesting matchup with their size, but I'm not sure they'd be favorites over Miami. Houston is still coached by McHale. I guess if Chicago lands Melo and Gangster Disciple returns anywhere near the player he once was the Bulls could put up some resistance, but both of those events are doubtful, so Miami should have a sure trip to the Finals again. With all that in mind those Heat should again be the championship favorites heading into next season.

mudyez
06-30-2014, 01:49 PM
That would be the first time, Bron is the best paid player on HIS TEAM (wasn't in Cleveland, now tied with Bosh)!

Holden_Caulfield
06-30-2014, 01:56 PM
lol at wade for opting out

spurraider21
06-30-2014, 02:02 PM
Roy Hibbert is making $15 million this season.
and its considered one of the worst contracts in basketball. thats like saying nick young will get 13 million because kobe gets 24.5.

just because an nba player has a shitty contract doesn't mean other players value is suddenly higher

baseline bum
06-30-2014, 02:04 PM
Actually looks like they can keep most of the team together, have the MLE, the LLE, and a $2.2 million trade exception, according to Stein.

TheGoldStandard
06-30-2014, 02:06 PM
Actually looks like they can keep most of the team together, have the MLE, the LLE, and a $2.2 million trade exception, according to Stein.

LOL, that's kinda sad though. Rinse and repeat and hope the league doesn't get better.

Thebesteva
06-30-2014, 02:06 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Yh_g5stAUkM/UE5UX4iABVI/AAAAAAAACyc/Fo4PrMPxGoA/s1600/al-bundy-reaction.gif

Chinook
06-30-2014, 02:14 PM
Am I the only one who's annoyed at this new, "Lebron has never been the highest-paid player on his team," line that ESPN keeps throwing out? For the first seven years of his career, he was making the max on teams with vets who had higher cap limits. For the past four, he's been tied for first with a guy in his same max bracket. That's as close as you're gonna get when you insist on being a part of a superteam with your All-Star draft-mates.

TheGoldStandard
06-30-2014, 02:16 PM
Am I the only one who's annoyed at this new, "Lebron has never been the highest-paid player on his team," line that ESPN keeps throwing out? For the first seven years of his career, he was making the max on teams with vets who had higher cap limits. For the past four, he's been tied for first with a guy in his same max bracket. That's as close as you're gonna get when you insist on being a part of a superteam with your All-Star draft-mates.

Only way ESPN can spin the greed.

baseline bum
06-30-2014, 02:16 PM
just because an nba player has a shitty contract doesn't mean other players value is suddenly higher

That's exactly how it works. He is better than Hibbert, better than Brook Lopez, comparable talent to Marc Gasol, and they all pull $15 million.

spurraider21
06-30-2014, 02:18 PM
That's exactly how it works. He is better than Hibbert, better than Brook Lopez, comparable talent to Marc Gasol, and they all pull $15 million.
for the past 5 years did every player better than charlie villanueva get paid more than charlie villanueva? same question with RJ's previous contract. ben gordon. overpaid, underperforming players dont really set the bar for other players salaries. it's all about the current market, not the one that may have caused an inflated deal a few years ago

My Fault
06-30-2014, 02:26 PM
Don't be salty your crush is not interested.

Clipper Nation
06-30-2014, 02:28 PM
Why is he dumb to stay in Miami? They have two rings, made the Finals 4 times, and will have a great shot at ringing again. The Spurs are old and there is no guarantee they're back in the Finals next season, and even if so, could they play that same series again? That is as perfect a series as the Spurs have ever played. OKC matches up pretty badly with Miami and they have a great shot to take the conference. The Clippers could be an interesting matchup with their size, but I'm not sure they'd be favorites over Miami. Houston is still coached by McHale. I guess if Chicago lands Melo and Gangster Disciple returns anywhere near the player he once was the Bulls could put up some resistance, but both of those events are doubtful, so Miami should have a sure trip to the Finals again. With all that in mind those Heat should again be the championship favorites heading into next season.
Old faggot Wade, Bosh, and a bench of spare parts isn't enough to beat the Spurs anymore, as proven in this year's Finals, so he'll be done winning rings for a while if he stays.....

spurraider21
06-30-2014, 02:30 PM
Old faggot Wade, Bosh, and a bench of spare parts isn't enough to beat the Spurs anymore, as proven in this year's Finals, so he'll be done winning rings for a while if he stays.....
if the spurs don't make it back they'll have an easier road. and staying in miami gives him a better than 50% shot to make the finals. miami isn't ideal, but its the best spot for him now tbh

baseline bum
06-30-2014, 02:32 PM
Better than 85% shot of making the Finals. It's pretty much he makes the Finals, or he gets injured in that garbage conference. LOL at CN saying the Spurs are unbeatable when Miami beat them in 2013.

Clipper Nation
06-30-2014, 02:34 PM
if the spurs don't make it back they'll have an easier road. and staying in miami gives him a better than 50% shot to make the finals. miami isn't ideal, but its the best spot for him now tbh
Who else would come out of the West besides the Spurs? The Thunderefs' window is closing, Durbeta is a playoff choker and they run nothing but isos.... Rockets and Clippers aren't sniffing the Finals unless they somehow get LeBron.... Spurs will most likely be coasting to the Finals yet again, tbh....

baseline bum
06-30-2014, 02:35 PM
Who else would come out of the West besides the Spurs? The Thunderefs' window is closing, Durbeta is a playoff choker and they run nothing but isos.... Rockets and Clippers aren't sniffing the Finals unless they somehow get LeBron.... Spurs will most likely be coasting to the Finals yet again, tbh....

Oklahoma will still be a horrible matchup for the Spurs next season, and could easily win the conference.

spurraider21
06-30-2014, 02:37 PM
if you're implying the spurs are a lock to get back i'm on board tbh, but its fairly likely some other team can replace them

Thread
06-30-2014, 02:45 PM

My fart catcher.

lmemulatedao!!!

LkrFan
06-30-2014, 02:54 PM

http://www.lakersnation.com/kobe-bryant-lebron-james-plan-to-visit-brazil-for-2014-fifa-world-cup/2014/06/30/

:downspin:

buttsR4rebounding
06-30-2014, 04:37 PM
LeBron just wants to be paid for carrying another team. I read where Wade and Bosh would be looking for $14-15 million per year and they would all opt out again in 3 years. It's just a way to hold the Heat up for as much as possible. The team will not get better. LeBron knows they can make the Finals almost every year coming out of the Leastern Conference. They'll probably have at least 2 Finals appearances in the next 3 years and if they get a better match up than the Spurs could win one. I guarantee he would take that right now and not look back. Just pay me first, baby!

LongtimeSpursFan
07-01-2014, 12:04 AM

I don't watch espn.