PDA

View Full Version : Are the Spurs officially a big 4 team now?

dunkman
06-30-2014, 01:02 PM
Duncan, Parker, Manu and Kawhi. Yes they are IMO.

spursparker9
06-30-2014, 01:07 PM
Actually its still a big 3.

Timmy is 1 and Kawhi is 1. Tony and Manu are interchangeable for 1, which is to say when Tony show up, Manu will be Turnobili and vice versa.

hooperflash
06-30-2014, 01:14 PM
BIG15

SpurPadre
06-30-2014, 01:37 PM
Until Pop starts running plays for him, Kawhi isn't in a Big 4 yet, tbh.

mudyez
06-30-2014, 01:40 PM
They are a "Team"-Team!

eric365
06-30-2014, 02:17 PM
Kawhi is still a role player at this point.
He will probably get there in the next few years though

barakz21
06-30-2014, 02:34 PM
I think they're the big 3 in name only, as in Tim, Tony, Manu. In terms of production, replace Manu with Kawhi. With that being said, we all know better than to count out Manu. So for me, it's more like big 3.5

phxspurfan
06-30-2014, 02:41 PM
Yup, I wouldn't be surprised if they start running 1/4 of their plays for KL next year. Finals MVP was the turning point. Plus they have to impress him to keep him, and that involves showing respect.

Mnky
06-30-2014, 02:46 PM
BIG15

Chomag
06-30-2014, 02:50 PM
Until Pop starts running plays for him, Kawhi isn't in a Big 4 yet, tbh.

This! however Pop did say in an interview that he wants to start running some plays for KL this coming season, hopefully he holds true to that.

hsxvvd
06-30-2014, 02:58 PM
Noticing this the football talk on your American sports news, you're all about the individual stars or want big 3's... team sports are exactly that. ... they require a team.

At least the Spurs organisation gets this and as long as the rest of the league continues to play NBA Jam not Basketball the Spurs will remain ahead of the pack.

Skull-1
06-30-2014, 03:04 PM
Manu is no longer big anything. (That should have been an option.)

Stupid, skewed poll.

/thread

FromWayDowntown
06-30-2014, 03:13 PM
I'm disconcerted by the overuse of "official" in this forum.

Pocho La Pantera
06-30-2014, 08:23 PM
Manu is no longer big anything. (That should have been an option.)

Stupid, skewed poll.

/threadon the contrary, you are a big retarded.

BackHome
06-30-2014, 08:29 PM
As Charles like to say "THEY JUST BIG"....

mookie2001
06-30-2014, 08:35 PM
Kawhi has the talent but his ball handling and baseline game are still non existent. Gonna need to handle those deficiencies

100%duncan
06-30-2014, 08:38 PM
Lol role player. Imagine the finals wihout the role player that you make kawhi to be. Idiots.

apalisoc_9
06-30-2014, 09:09 PM
Kawhi has been the third best player for the spurs in the last two years...:lol

Idiot spurs fans....

cd021
06-30-2014, 09:10 PM
Core 4 not big 4.

Skull-1
06-30-2014, 09:20 PM
on the contrary, you are a big retarded.

^^^^^ Bilingual illiterate. :lol

Skull-1
06-30-2014, 09:21 PM

Idiot spurs fans....

timtonymanu
06-30-2014, 09:32 PM
The current Spurs don't have a guy that is significantly better or stands out anymore. They have a Big 8, tbh.

Kool Bob Love
06-30-2014, 09:32 PM

Idiot spurs fans....

correct Canadian.

tim
manu
kawhi
Parker.

hater
06-30-2014, 09:41 PM
no

its' a big 1 - Kawhi

and medium 3

SpurPadre
06-30-2014, 09:50 PM
The current Spurs don't have a guy that is significantly better or stands out anymore. They have a Big 8, tbh.

THIS, tbh.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-30-2014, 10:34 PM

Idiot spurs fans....

He sure wasn't better than Manu throughout these playoffs :lol

pjjrfan
07-01-2014, 12:10 AM
BIG15
Ditto

barbacoataco
07-01-2014, 12:11 AM
Leonard got the Finals MVP which is huge because in 25 years when fans are talking about this and aren't old enough to actually remember that well, they will see that Duncan, Parker , and Leonard won MVP's. This is somewhat unfair to Manu, because he could have won in 2005. It's also true that Duncan could have won all 5, and I think people will realize that.

As far as Leonard, I am hoping he tears it up next year. He is too young to even begin to evaluate. Go Spurs.

emanueldavidginobili
07-01-2014, 01:20 AM
No until KL shows leadership being able to make his teammates better and taking over a game consistently throughout a season I still think it's the original big 3. I can't wait to see him play this season I think it's his year

eric365
07-01-2014, 01:58 AM
Lol role player. Imagine the finals wihout the role player that you make kawhi to be. Idiots.

And imagine the 2013 finals without Green ridiculous shooting. He was in the FMVP conversation until Game 6 and he was still not a BIG something

All year long, Kawhi has been a catch and shoot & D player that is only better because he has one or two fast break per game and one or two times where he will take 2 steps from the 3pts line and take a jumper.
While he is huge on D, especially on a time where the 2 best players in the world are long SF, he is still a role player on O. A hot series should not make us forget the 100+ games that were played before.

Maybe pop will call play for him next year. But remember pop said last offseason that he would start to call play for Leonard in the 2013 / 14 season.

And as said previously, he definitely have the potential to be a star even on O if the spurs start to develop him on that end

Obstructed_View
07-01-2014, 02:19 AM
Kawhi has the talent but his ball handling and baseline game are still non existent. Gonna need to handle those deficiencies
I think you've been in a coma, bruh.

100%duncan
07-01-2014, 04:01 AM
And imagine the 2013 finals without Green ridiculous shooting. He was in the FMVP conversation until Game 6 and he was still not a BIG something

All year long, Kawhi has been a catch and shoot & D player that is only better because he has one or two fast break per game and one or two times where he will take 2 steps from the 3pts line and take a jumper.
While he is huge on D, especially on a time where the 2 best players in the world are long SF, he is still a role player on O. A hot series should not make us forget the 100+ games that were played before.

Maybe pop will call play for him next year. But remember pop said last offseason that he would start to call play for Leonard in the 2013 / 14 season.

And as said previously, he definitely have the potential to be a star even on O if the spurs start to develop him on that end

:lol so did Green outplay Lebron for 3 straight games, two in the ROAD? Was green the 2nd best and most important Spur on that whole playoffs?

Just because Pop told you he doesnt call plays for kawhi doesnt make him a role player, for all we know Pop was just joking.

Pocho La Pantera
07-01-2014, 05:33 AM
^^^^^ Bilingual illiterate. :lolyeah, retard, Your spanish is beautiful too.

eric365
07-01-2014, 08:31 AM
:lol so did Green outplay Lebron for 3 straight games, two in the ROAD? Was green the 2nd best and most important Spur on that whole playoffs?

Just because Pop told you he doesnt call plays for kawhi doesnt make him a role player, for all we know Pop was just joking.

First of all Lebron was not outplayed by Kawhi in the finals

Being in a big 3 or 4 is not just being a good player. It's being an all star / superstar you can build a team around

Can you build an offense around him? Can he draws double team?
Can he makes his teamates better? Can he dominate a game consistently?

Forget all that, can he just create his own shot consistently?

Tim, manu, tony have proved that before. Wade, lebron, bosh, garnett, pierce, allen and all the players that have been a part of a big 3 or 4 have proved that before.

Kawhi, not yet. Probably in the future but just not yet.
And that's not 3 games where he was against a small front line and lebron defending tony most of the time that will change my mnd

100%duncan
07-01-2014, 09:40 AM
First of all Lebron was not outplayed by Kawhi in the finals

Being in a big 3 or 4 is not just being a good player. It's being an all star / superstar you can build a team around

Can you build an offense around him? Can he draws double team?
Can he makes his teamates better? Can he dominate a game consistently?

Forget all that, can he just create his own shot consistently?

Tim, manu, tony have proved that before. Wade, lebron, bosh, garnett, pierce, allen and all the players that have been a part of a big 3 or 4 have proved that before.

Kawhi, not yet. Probably in the future but just not yet.
And that's not 3 games where he was against a small front line and lebron defending tony most of the time that will change my mnd

Wait did you watch the 2014 Finals? or 2013? But, if you rewatch last year, Kawhi already did what he was doing in games 3-5, if they managed not to choke that game 6 away we would be looking at a b2b mvp now.

Jimcs50
07-01-2014, 09:54 AM
Big 4 is not in the NBA vernacular. Never been a Big 4. If you have a big 4, you might as well just have a Big 12. Manu is probably on outside nowadays even though he's a first ballot HOFer, Spurs Big 3 is now TD, TP and Kawhi

100%duncan
07-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Big 4 is not in the NBA vernacular. Never been a Big 4. If you have a big 4, you might as well just have a Big 12. Manu is probably on outside nowadays even though he's a first ballot HOFer, Spurs Big 3 is now TD, TP and Kawhi

NO DONT SAY THAT. HE'S A ROLE PLAYER HOW DARE YOU

eric365
07-01-2014, 10:22 AM
Wait did you watch the 2014 Finals? or 2013? But, if you rewatch last year, Kawhi already did what he was doing in games 3-5, if they managed not to choke that game 6 away we would be looking at a b2b mvp now.

Just read my post until the end:

Jenks
07-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Kawhi is either the most or second most important player on the current roster. It was pretty clear at the end of the regular season, the FMVP was just confirmation.

If you're into such things, all the advanced analytics are further confirmation.

100%duncan
07-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Just read my post until the end:

Ok, just watch the entire playoffs too.

Solid D
07-01-2014, 11:34 AM
Yes, and for 2014-15 also.

2013-14 was the best Spurs' TEAM I've seen...& I've seen them all.

Mugen
07-01-2014, 12:07 PM
If we're talking about guys that the Spurs can run the offense through, then yeah they're a "Big 4". You can also make the case for Boris but i think he'll coast until the playoffs which is fine.

I think you'll see a lot more plays next season where Kawhi is the ball handler in PnR situations as well as giving it to him on the block. The next evolution in his game will be playmaking and passing out of doubles/traps/etc. as he'll certainly get a lot more attention now. Very excited to see the leap he makes next year tbh.

Pako
07-01-2014, 12:15 PM
I would say Big 3 (Kawhi, Duncan, Parker) and medium 1(Gino).

Skull-1
07-01-2014, 12:16 PM
yeah, retard, Your spanish is beautiful too.

Claro que si, pendejo.

(Oh, and Portuguese isn't Spanish. It is an inferior dialect of it, you Nazi lover.)

mingus
07-01-2014, 01:10 PM
IMO the Spurs have a Big 5. Boris Diaw could easily put up 17-6-6 on high effeciency if he was featured more in an offense. I don't think there's a PF in the league that can do that. He's not just a role player. Role players play off of other players facilitating for them. Boris was facilitating for other players in the WCF and Finals to a degree that to call him a role player just doesn't make sense.

doobs
07-01-2014, 01:19 PM
This is Tim's team. Tony is the best player. Kawhi is the rising star. Manu is the crafty veteran who's capable of flashes of greatness.

BillMc
07-01-2014, 01:19 PM
BIG15

Love it!

eric365
07-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Ok, just watch the entire playoffs too.

You mean the 20 other playoff games where he averaged 12.9 pts, 1.6 ast, 6.4 rbd on 48% FG.
OK sure my bad. That obviously respond to the points of my post: You can run an offense through him, he can dominate games consistently, he makes his teamates better and he obviously draw double team.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree at this point.
I hope though he will get there next year and that this summer he'll work on playing in pick&roll, improving his post game and passing and that we will have another difference maker on O next year

TMTTRIO
07-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Manu's a role player now and on the verge of retirement so I'd still go with Big 3 Tim, Tony, Kawhi, and a really good veteran leader for the other role players off the bench in Manu.

xmas1997
07-01-2014, 01:40 PM
Yeah, at this point I have to go with the Big 15 too.
:lol
:lobt2:

capek
07-01-2014, 02:04 PM

No kidding! But don't stop there, imagine the last three years without Kawhi. Kawhi is the difference between three straight WFC trips, two Finals trips, and a Championship, versus the previous four years of very disappointing post-season outs. Or check our RS record when Kawhi's been out, versus our records when it's been Tony, or Manu, or Timmy. How "fans" of this team could not make notice of the transformative effect Kawhi has had on this team, even after this finals, is a tad mind boggling.

mookie2001
07-01-2014, 06:26 PM
I think you've been in a coma, bruh.

Na. His playoff dribbling reel is about 30 second long. And mostly in the open court. KL has zero baseline moves besides shooting

If he learned to dribble he'd be one of the best players in the league

poeticism707
07-01-2014, 08:10 PM
Duncan, Parker, Manu and Kawhi. Yes they are IMO.

The Spurs aren't a selfish shooting team,

but KW must average 17-18 points a game to really come into his own.

If he wants it to be a Big 4,

he must do this.

Obstructed_View
07-02-2014, 09:28 AM
Na. His playoff dribbling reel is about 30 second long. And mostly in the open court. KL has zero baseline moves besides shooting

If he learned to dribble he'd be one of the best players in the league

Mmm kay.

Brazil
07-02-2014, 09:57 AM
In fact it all depens of what you are talking about...

- about influence on organization, the team construction, future etc... no there is no big 4, it's a big 3. Tim, Manu and Tony are consulted on major moves organization make. Kawi is not there yet in terms of influence.
- in terms of bb yes I'd say it's a big 4

mookie2001
07-02-2014, 10:07 AM
Sarcasm that you believe kawhi can dribble? Got it

jsandiego
07-02-2014, 10:32 AM
No kidding! But don't stop there, imagine the last three years without Kawhi. Kawhi is the difference between three straight WFC trips, two Finals trips, and a Championship, versus the previous four years of very disappointing post-season outs. Or check our RS record when Kawhi's been out, versus our records when it's been Tony, or Manu, or Timmy. How "fans" of this team could not make notice of the transformative effect Kawhi has had on this team, even after this finals, is a tad mind boggling.Great point, but you can also argue that we don't get past GSW in 2013 or Dallas/Portland this year without Splitter's defense. And without Danny Green locking down Wade we don't win. And without Boris facilitating offense in the WCF and Finals we don't win.

We have a Sensational Seven, not a Big 3. Best "team" any of us have probably ever seen.

therealtruth
07-04-2014, 12:53 AM
I said for the Spurs to win it all they would need Kawhi to be playing like one the big 3. He won the MVP and proved my point but that doesn't diminish the contributions of any of the others. But you can't win without superstars and that's why we needed Kawhi to step up.