PDA

View Full Version : Sixers waive James Anderson

Shifty
06-30-2014, 06:25 PM
Hardwood Paroxysm (@HPbasketball):
Sixers waived James Anderson. Presumably because he might actually play next season, not part of their team plan.

jeebus
06-30-2014, 06:26 PM
sixerstalk

spurraider21
06-30-2014, 06:26 PM
Do it mitch

BatManu20
06-30-2014, 06:28 PM
Let Mills walk, re-sign Anderson #Repeat

lmbebo
06-30-2014, 06:30 PM
#fail

so sad

baseline bum
06-30-2014, 06:33 PM
Damn he was nice too before he Embiid'd his foot. :(

TheyCallMePro
06-30-2014, 06:34 PM
Never thought he got a fair shake here. He was always buried on the bench, and the injury he suffered was minor--not enough to justify his lack of minutes. And to top it off he played well when he actually got in the game. I guess we were just too deep of a team for him, but still.

This result is more surprising however...the Sixers could have had him play for cheap this season. Maybe they're trying to help him? Doubt it.

jARS mEsH sEt
06-30-2014, 06:38 PM
Never thought he got a fair shake here. He was always buried on the bench, and the injury he suffered was minor--not enough to justify his lack of minutes. And to top it off he played well when he actually got in the game. I guess we were just too deep of a team for him, but still.

This result is more surprising however...the Sixers could have had him play for cheap this season. Maybe they're trying to help him? Doubt it.

"... he played well when he got in the game"

:lmao the hell he did. He was mediocre a best.

Splits
06-30-2014, 06:56 PM
Do it Riles.

ironman2886
06-30-2014, 06:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vr8Zbt2.png

DrunkTXLabrat
06-30-2014, 06:57 PM
I always felt bad for Anderson. I think he slipped through the cracks. Neal kept him on the bench and RC never shipped him off while he had potential.

cd98
06-30-2014, 07:00 PM
People have forgotten how often Anderson's shot was blocked as a Spur.

BackHome
06-30-2014, 07:03 PM
It happens with foot injuries some players can never come back...

DJR210
06-30-2014, 07:08 PM
What a failure. Tbh, he carried himself like a passive queer while he was here. All the talent in the world, but no balls to step up and make a name for himself. He should go take naked selfies with his buddy George Hill up in Indy.

elemento
06-30-2014, 07:09 PM
Lacked ball-handlings skills, not very athletic and not good defensively. When he broke his foot, his shot disappeared.

Impossible to miss a SG like that. Anderson might have a place somewhere as a pure shooter like Neal. He can shoot, but he can't do anything else.

Obstructed_View
06-30-2014, 07:11 PM
His career lasted far longer than I thought it would after that injury.

elemento
06-30-2014, 07:15 PM
Comments from a 76ers fans :lol

"Actually a bit surprised by that. Thought he'd be the SG next season. Lieutenant for Tank 2.0."

"I'll remember Anderson for that epic -82 plus/minus in those back to back blowouts."

timtonymanu
06-30-2014, 07:15 PM
Damn he was nice too before he Embiid'd his foot. :(

This but most likely Danny Green wouldn't be a Spur if Anderson stayed healthy.

baseline bum
06-30-2014, 07:32 PM

Indeed, so it worked out for everyone. Well, except him. :lol

cd98
06-30-2014, 07:32 PM

Not sure we can attribute his years of sucking to one injury. Draft is a crapshoot and sometimes guys just aren't good enough. Even those with great college careers.

BackHome
06-30-2014, 08:41 PM
No it was his injury he had good games before he broke his foot and after that it was over.

Juggity
06-30-2014, 08:43 PM
Not sure we can attribute his years of sucking to one injury. Draft is a crapshoot and sometimes guys just aren't good enough. Even those with great college careers.

Anderson played well enough in 2010 before the injury. He definitely had promise.

Chinook
06-30-2014, 09:34 PM

And it's likely he'd have been heir apparent to the SF spot, and the Spurs may have kept Hill to play two-guard.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-30-2014, 09:38 PM
Let Mills walk, re-sign Anderson #Repeat

That should be in blue, surely?

Darkwaters
06-30-2014, 10:09 PM

Not true at all. Read more on it. It's a significant injury that has hurt many basketball careers in the past.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-30-2014, 10:34 PM
Not true at all. Read more on it. It's a significant injury that has hurt many basketball careers in the past.

Yup, navicular injuries are feared by athletes because they have ended many sporting careers, especially in basketball and Aussie Rules. For some reason it can severely reduce athleticism, and when the difference between excelling and being cast onto the scrap heap is only a few %, bye bye career.

elemento
06-30-2014, 10:35 PM

Yeah, Rodrigue Beaubois says hello twice here. He was untouchable (Cuban words) two years ago. Now he is out of the league.

littlecoyotecoin
06-30-2014, 10:36 PM
"... he played well when he got in the game"

:lmao the hell he did. He was mediocre a best.

I do not remember him fondly, either. Very run of the mill.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-30-2014, 10:43 PM
Yeah, Rodrigue Beaubois says hello twice here. He was untouchable (Cuban words) two years ago. Now he is out of the league.

I wondered what happened to him... so much potential. Two naviculars huh? Poor guy.

SupremeGuy
06-30-2014, 10:50 PM
Pre-injury, I thought he looked decent. Crazy how things panned out.

Obstructed_View
06-30-2014, 11:12 PM

I thought Roddy B just broke his metatarsal.

elemento
06-30-2014, 11:47 PM
I thought Roddy B just broke his metatarsal.

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/09/20/time-to-bid-adieu-to-dallas-mavericks-roddy-beaubois/

This article says : "He repeatedly suffered from injuries, re-injuring his fractured foot as well as his other foot and his hand."

They don't mention the specifics , but looks worse than Anderson's case.

BatManu20
06-30-2014, 11:47 PM
Na

Biernutz
07-01-2014, 01:32 AM
Too bad Anderson is too fragile...He missed chances withe the Spurs because he kept
getting hurt. He needs to go play some Euro ball,put down some decent numbers and
hope he gets the call......

Obstructed_View
07-01-2014, 01:55 AM
http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/09/20/time-to-bid-adieu-to-dallas-mavericks-roddy-beaubois/

This article says : "He repeatedly suffered from injuries, re-injuring his fractured foot as well as his other foot and his hand."

They don't mention the specifics , but looks worse than Anderson's case.

Well it's pretty clear that JA is not the same player he was before he was hurt, both in his explosiveness and in the reliability of his jumper. I think the difference with Roddy B is that he just broke down quickly, because he was either tearing up the league or he was hurt for an extended period. There was almost no middle ground with him.

Dex
07-01-2014, 08:35 AM
I think the difference with Roddy B is that he just broke down quickly, because he was either tearing up the league or he was hurt for an extended period. There was almost no middle ground with him.

Definitely seemed to be the case. I remember watching a few Dallas games and thinking the kid had the potential to be a star in the league. Next thing you knew, he just wasn't playing anymore.

Anderson, on the other hand, just looked noticeably hindered by his injury. He lost that bit of edge and athleticism which was really his calling card coming into the league, and I think that knocked his confidence down a peg (which affected the rest of his game). After he returned, he never did seem to be much more than 60%-70% of the potential we all saw in him, and couldn't really do anything to make him stand out.

Then again, Spurfan's memory might be slightly skewed by the fact that we were hoping for anybody to take over for fucking He Who Shall Not Be Named.

Dex
07-01-2014, 08:39 AM
BRT2OS-TS4w

Guess the kid still has some spark left in him. Nice game...36 points including the game-tying 3 to send to overtime.

8FOR!3
07-01-2014, 09:32 AM
I've got a feeling he can still play. His shot might be broke but with some work I feel like he could adjust. The best thing I remember about him was his ability to block shots from the perimeter. Might've been the best on the team at doing that at the time. And you don't really see a lot of players in the league with the ability to do that consistently.

Spurs9
07-01-2014, 09:39 AM
I don't feel bad for him, he still banked millions with being sub par, don't even bring up the notion the Spurs should go after him.

xmas1997
07-01-2014, 10:05 AM
I have a hard time feeling bad for multimillionaires tbqh.
If he never plays another minute of basketball, then he made his money and his family is set for life.
I do wish him well though.