PDA

View Full Version : true/false, Argentina can't win if Messi doesn't score

ElNono
06-30-2014, 07:53 PM
midget scored on every game so far, and in all cases one goal has been the difference...

can Argentina win going forward if he doesn't score?

Venti Quattro
06-30-2014, 07:54 PM
No

lefty
06-30-2014, 07:56 PM
TBH it's true

Most of the team has been crap, Messi has saved the day so far

Go Argentina

Get your jizz umbrellas ready, someone is gonna check this thread soon

hater
06-30-2014, 07:59 PM
Id be more worried about their Swiss Cheese defense tbqh

Venti Quattro
06-30-2014, 08:05 PM
TBH it's true

Most of the team has been crap, Messi has saved the day so far

Go Argentina

Get your jizz umbrellas ready, someone is gonna check this thread soon
Antonella is patrolling Argentina-related threads, tbh

ElNono
06-30-2014, 08:44 PM
I'm gonna go with true also, as long as Piputa looks fat and disinterested, and Dive Maria keeps playing like a turd...

Relevancy
06-30-2014, 08:54 PM
I dont think they can, Messi will carry you guys as far as he can/is willing to.

Higuain and Di Maria are more then capable of scoring, more so Higuain, but he has not even been close to having a clear opportunity, all I remember him doing is providing that final touch to Messi so he could score against Bosnia.

your team doesnt really look like a team, your transitions from your side to an opponents side are slow as hell, gago is not really that good, his not Leo's iniesta or xavi, mascherano sometimes wants to be a cb, but all he does is send long air balls, that aint gonna cut it. Overall messi will determine how far you go if that di maria/higuain/messi/gago front line doesnt click.

it's me
06-30-2014, 09:08 PM
Midget isn't playing that good tbh.... being clutch though. I'm actually looking forward to this game... if Arg starts cranking, I like their chances to at least play semis..... if they keep playing like shit and show no heart on an elimination game.... then they are doomed.

ElNono
06-30-2014, 09:12 PM
It's weird, because they were all phenomenal during qualifiers. I noticed Dive Maria just shrinks in the WC... he was just as underwhelming in 2010, and it's becoming an uncomfortable trend. Without his dynamism in the middle, the offense just disappears.
Higuain was better in 2010, so in that case I wonder if his late injury is still nagging him.

Gago mixes in great games with shitty outings. It's a tossup between him and Maxi, who's also a guy that can be passive or brilliant. That's why I never understood why Banegas was cut. Ricky Alvarez could give you some offensive midfield play, but he can't defend.

There's talent there, just need to get their shit together for just 4 games.

apalisoc_9
06-30-2014, 09:12 PM
The only reason argentina looks shit is because they all have to give up something for Overrated Messi..

truth be told, all the other guys would be playing better ball if they don't have to hear messi this messi that all the time..

That shit is discouraging tbh

hater
06-30-2014, 09:16 PM
The only reason argentina looks shit is because they all have to give up something for Overrated Messi..

truth be told, all the other guys would be playing better ball if they don't have to hear messi this messi that all the time..

disagree tbh. Without Messi this team probably is gone fishing by now. Not to say Messi can take them much farther. Their defense is pathetic, Nigeria did whatever they wanted up in that pussy.

Real reason IMO is most of their players are average euro exports and many past their expiration date(LOL Mascerano)

This Argentina goes down to Uruguay easily tbh. Sure Messi makes them slightly competitive. But as I been saying, the Batistuta Argentina runs circles around these scrubs.

it's me
06-30-2014, 09:18 PM

:lmao Messi overrated ........ let me guess.... you are a Cristina fan.

ElNono
06-30-2014, 09:21 PM
It's just discouraging we haven't had a good crop of defenders since Samuel, tbh... Garay/Fernandez are probably an upgrade over TOSB Demichelis, but still give you no guarantees.

hater
06-30-2014, 09:21 PM
seriously when has Kun Aguero or Lavezzi (:lol) done anything worth a shit? :lol

the most recent memorable move by these 2 faggots is get Maradona tattoed on their asscheeks

lefty
06-30-2014, 09:23 PM
:lol

Venti Quattro
06-30-2014, 09:25 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

First, the advanced stats causing Miami to lose, and now this?

Why haven't you killed yourself, you worthless piece of shit?

Relevancy
06-30-2014, 09:25 PM
It's weird, because they were all phenomenal during qualifiers. I noticed Dive Maria just shrinks in the WC... he was just as underwhelming in 2010, and it's becoming an uncomfortable trend. Without his dynamism in the middle, the offense just disappears.
Higuain was better in 2010, so in that case I wonder if his late injury is still nagging him.

Gago mixes in great games with shitty outings. It's a tossup between him and Maxi, who's also a guy that can be passive or brilliant. That's why I never understood why Banegas was cut. Ricky Alvarez could give you some offensive midfield play, but he can't defend.

There's talent there, just need to get their shit together for just 4 games.you guys can hope they waited till the later rounds

Relevancy
06-30-2014, 09:28 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

First, the advanced stats causing Miami to lose, and now this?

Why haven't you killed yourself, you worthless piece of shit?that dude is just a troll, I know we all have our inner trolling habits, but that dude goes full retard every time. Thats why I skip his shit all the time.

Venti Quattro
06-30-2014, 09:30 PM
that dude is just a troll, I know we all have our inner trolling habits, but that dude goes full retard every time. Thats why I skip his shit all the time.

Your meltdowns are infinitely more fun to read... I mean who doesn't love to see a Relevancy meltdown 'round this bend, tbh?

lefty
06-30-2014, 09:34 PM
Is it possible that the rest of the team is shit because Messi is in Enrique mode :D

Relevancy
06-30-2014, 09:36 PM
Your meltdowns are infinitely more fun to read... I mean who doesn't love to see a Relevancy (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=29578) meltdown 'round this bend, tbh?:married:

ElNono
06-30-2014, 09:48 PM
Is it possible that the rest of the team is shit because Messi is in Enrique mode :D

If you didn't watch the games, you could think that. But Rojo/Dive Maria have the ball like 70% of the time. Which is why Dive Maria's struggles are disgusting, tbh

Venti Quattro
06-30-2014, 09:51 PM
If you didn't watch the games, you could think that. But Rojo/Dive Maria have the ball like 70% of the time. Which is why Dive Maria's struggles are disgusting, tbh

I watched all Argie games and this is true. Messi just takes what di Maria gives him. He still managed to turn shit into four goals. God, tbh

ffadicted
06-30-2014, 09:51 PM
False. But they def can't win if he doesn't perform

ManuLoco
06-30-2014, 09:58 PM
seriously when has Kun Aguero or Lavezzi (:lol) done anything worth a shit? :lol

the most recent memorable move by these 2 faggots is get Maradona tattoed on their asscheeks

dtvP1liVtcg

Give me a call when that Gaynaldo Wannabe James scores a goal that gives his team a championship. Sorry to tell you but James is the next Hasan Sas.

And Messi will score a hat-trick tomorrow.

Brazil
06-30-2014, 10:02 PM
Depends against who tbh

hater
06-30-2014, 10:04 PM
Give me a call when that Gaynaldo Wannabe James scores a goal that gives his team a championship. Sorry to tell you but James is the next Hasan Sas.

And Messi will score a hat-trick tomorrow.

Messi couldn't even score a hat trick vs Iran :lol

and my nephew is a baby right now in his first world cup. How many goals did Messi score in his first WC??? :lmao

Relevancy
06-30-2014, 10:10 PM

and my nephew is a baby right now in his first world cup. How many goals did Messi score in his first WC??? :lmaoIran parked the bus big time, hard to score against park buses

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-30-2014, 10:14 PM

and my nephew is a baby right now in his first world cup. How many goals did Messi score in his first WC??? :lmao

Question: if Hames misses a Penaldo vs. Brazil... what's the caliber waiting him back home?

hater
06-30-2014, 10:14 PM
Iran parked the bus big time, hard to score against park buses

Uruguay did the same . We carbombed that shit :lol

Relevancy
06-30-2014, 10:20 PM
Uruguay did the same . We carbombed that shit :lolYou have players with major pace and agile with the ball

easier to break defenses with fast players, aside from Di Maria and Messi, I don't think Argentina has players like Hammes or Cuadrado

hater
06-30-2014, 10:29 PM
Question: if Hames misses a Penaldo vs. Brazil... what's the caliber waiting him back home?

My berracos already did their job at the WC tbh. To beat Brazil in the quarters is equivalent to winning it all after being down 1-3 in the NBA Finals tbh :cry

it would take some serious magic to beat Brazil in anything less than Semis.

ElNono
06-30-2014, 10:32 PM
My berracos already did their job at the WC tbh. To beat Brazil in the quarters is equivalent to winning it all after being down 1-3 in the NBA Finals tbh :cry

Without Falcao too... I wish Argentina would pay attention and get Pekerman back as the NT coach...

it's me
06-30-2014, 10:35 PM
Without Falcao too... I wish Argentina would pay attention and get Pekerman back as the NT coach...

He'll be a TOSB in four years though.

it's me
06-30-2014, 10:37 PM
Argies should hire Guardiola or Cholo tbh.

hater
06-30-2014, 10:44 PM

the Popovich of futbol tbh :cry

btw I beleive Pekerman has never lost a WC match in regulation :wow

hater
06-30-2014, 10:48 PM
yup just double checked

Pekerman not only qualified for the quarterfinals for the first time, but made ​​history because he has a record nine-game unbeaten run in the World Cup, tied with Italian Vittorio Pozzo, who won in 1934 and 1938. - See more at: http://www.conmebol.com/en/content/pekerman-taxi-driver-world-cup-coach#sthash.U09eUQcD.dpuf

:lmao FIFA = fucked

hater
06-30-2014, 10:49 PM
"In 1981 the president of the club suggested that I take over the whole structure of training and development of players," he recalls of that period. His modesty prevents him from mentioning that during that period many star players came out of Argentinos Juniors including Fernando Redondo (ex-Real Madrid), Juan Roman Riquelme (Boca Juniors and former Barcelona), Esteban Cambiasso (Inter ex-Milan) plus Maradona.

:cry

ElNono
06-30-2014, 10:51 PM
the Popovich of futbol tbh :cry

btw I beleive Pekerman has never lost a WC match in regulation :wow

Yup, he won everything with ARG as the head coach of U17/U20... a lot of ARG talent we have today can be traced back to him.

Heck, Messi first game in a WC was with him as the head coach...

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-30-2014, 10:57 PM
:lol

Argentina has the most offensive weapons in the entire WC, followed closely by Germany, France, and Brazil..

lefty
06-30-2014, 11:21 PM
Ah okay

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
07-01-2014, 12:56 AM
I'm worried about Gago. Fucker looks like a TOSB at the age of 28. Has been sucking big time since he left Real Madrid, flashes of talent, but never winning back his form. If I were Hitzfeld I'd put a lot of pressure on him, he's the one linking the defense with Messi. If they can intercept his passes and launch counter attacks against our shitty backline we're toast.

Franklin
07-01-2014, 01:11 AM
dude's carrying the whole team on his 4'5 shoulders but even the Great Satan Lebron can't carry his team to a title. semi-finals would be the ceiling for argies and even that would be a breakthrough for them (knowing they haven't made the semi-finals since Maradona)

Splits
07-01-2014, 01:12 AM
False. They won 4 straight in SA and he didn't score.

Heres to to hoping the Swiss put a beatdown similar to the one their northern neighbors put on Argies in 2010

ManuLoco
07-01-2014, 07:02 AM

With that looser mentality, that's why you'll never win a WC. And trust me, Pekerman will fuck it up sooner than later, he'll pull a sub "Cruz instead of Messi" against a team that actually is playing with their best player (and not a sad Suarez-less Uruguay). Then, Colombians will be as pathetic as Chileans, being happy just because they put up a decent fight.

ManuLoco
07-01-2014, 07:02 AM

With that looser mentality, that's why you'll never win a WC. And trust me, Pekerman will fuck it up sooner than later, he'll pull a sub "Cruz instead of Messi" against a team that actually is playing with their best player (and not a sad Suarez-less Uruguay). Then, Colombians will be as pathetic as Chileans, being happy just because they put up a decent fight.

urunobili
07-01-2014, 08:15 AM
False. He can dish 4 assists

lefty
07-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Lirl

Infinite_limit
07-01-2014, 01:36 PM
Argentina would not qualify for the World Cup out of UEFA

ElNono
07-01-2014, 01:38 PM
the false goods :toast

DAF86
07-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Can they win without him getting the goal or assist?