PDA

View Full Version : Hummingbirds?

Avante
06-30-2014, 11:42 PM
We have a few of those feeders, so here they come. What amazing little aviators they are, we have never seen anything like these little mini missles when it comes to flight. Zoom....zoom...hover...zoom...dart..hover...zoom.. ..amazing!

CubanSucks
07-01-2014, 12:39 AM
This thread actually isn't annoying! Good for you, seriously.

Avante
07-01-2014, 12:44 AM

Like candles they are soothing to watch. I love that ....hover....just how fast are those wings motoring? Amazing little creatures, totally unique.

IrisHockey
07-01-2014, 01:50 AM
Like candles they are soothing to watch. I love that ....hover....just how fast are those wings motoring? Amazing little creatures, totally unique.
don't ever change my friend

Thread
07-01-2014, 02:21 AM
That sound they make, that whirring is rather pleasant and peaceful.

Avante
07-01-2014, 02:56 AM
don't ever change my friend

I don't plan on it :toast

Avante
07-01-2014, 02:58 AM

Especially when you're reading and you hear that whirring approach, no more pleasant way to give the book a break.

Reck
07-01-2014, 02:59 AM

Drives me nuts.

Avante
07-01-2014, 03:01 AM
Drives me nuts.

A lone tiny hummingbird drives you crazy? I could understand a flock of hummingbirds, but they don't appear to like a crowd.

Clipper Nation
07-01-2014, 07:16 AM
We have a few of those feeders, so here they come. What amazing little aviators they are, we have never seen anything like these little mini missles when it comes to flight. Zoom....zoom...hover...zoom...dart..hover...zoom.. ..amazing!
Boiled down:::you're fat.

CosmicCowboy
07-01-2014, 07:57 AM
They are mean little bastards. A male always "claims" a feeder and tries to run all the other hummingbirds off. It's pretty cool when another male challenges him though...the dogfight starts and they zip and zoom and fly into each other using their beaks to stab with...

cantthinkofanything
07-01-2014, 09:25 AM
I used to work in a shipping warehouse and a hummingbird got inside and up to the ceiling and not be able to find the exit. We had to wait until it exhausted itself and dropped down to a shelf. Then put it in a shoebox and haul ass to the vet because they will literally starve to death very quickly. The vet fed it and it ended up being OK.

But they are very cool to have around.

Sportcamper
07-01-2014, 09:41 AM
Who are you and what have you done to the real cantthinkofanything? :wtf

mrsmaalox
07-01-2014, 10:21 AM
My aunt loves to sit on her porch and watch them at her lakehouse. I gave her a little feeder that's on the end of a short stick so you can just hold it kind of still and the hummingbirds come right up to you. She loves it; you could probably just make one yourself Avante.

The Gemini Method
07-01-2014, 10:25 AM
There's one that lords over the orange tree in the backyard. This guy chases off any other feathered challenger and you can hear him in the morning fluttering around like there ain't a care in the world. For him, that's pretty much the case.

Avante
07-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Boiled down:::you're fat.

Ok man, since you are stuck on...dumb.

Oh stop it stop it, I'm 6-2 275 pounds of twisted railroad steel, hung like a Arkansas mule.

There ya go slick, your Avante fix for the day.

Avante
07-01-2014, 07:43 PM
They are mean little bastards. A male always "claims" a feeder and tries to run all the other hummingbirds off. It's pretty cool when another male challenges him though...the dogfight starts and they zip and zoom and fly into each other using their beaks to stab with...

I have yet to see that, these Cali Hummingbirds must be too cool for that sort of behavior.

Avante
07-01-2014, 07:49 PM
My aunt loves to sit on her porch and watch them at her lakehouse. I gave her a little feeder that's on the end of a short stick so you can just hold it kind of still and the hummingbirds come right up to you. She loves it; you could probably just make one yourself Avante.

My thing is to read out on the back porch, as you know you can hear them coming. That's when I check them out. I have gotten up to see how close I could get, it's...not very. This is when I really see the speed as they...zooooom-gone! How cool that would be to have feeding on that short stick. I do love a challenge, thanks.

Clipper Nation
07-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Ok man, since you are stuck on...dumb.

Oh stop it stop it, I'm 6-2 275 pounds of twisted railroad steel, hung like a Arkansas mule.

There ya go slick, your Avante fix for the day.
Prove you're not fat by holding up your end of the deal with benefactor, or admit that you're a fat welcher who's never lifted a weight in your life, those are your options....

Gummi Clutch
07-01-2014, 09:19 PM
have you read the books? I'm seriously considering reading them tbh.

xmas1997
07-01-2014, 09:32 PM
We have a feeder on our back porch too. Those birds are supersonic.

Avante
07-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Prove you're not fat by holding up your end of the deal with benefactor (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=13284), or admit that you're a fat welcher who's never lifted a weight in your life, those are your options....

A dumb fuck like you who can't even post..."A"....thread giving out options, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been lifting since 1962, and look like it little fella.

cantthinkofanything
07-02-2014, 09:38 AM
We have a feeder on our back porch too. Those birds are supersonic.

J3nPLoODtGU

cantthinkofanything
07-02-2014, 09:39 AM
FOTsS2mplA0

Trill Clinton
07-02-2014, 09:42 AM
:lol