PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Lakers made $100 million this season

Thebesteva
07-01-2014, 01:01 AM
WTF? According to this article, the Lakers still made an enormous amount of money (gross) this year. How the hell did they do it?

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/grantland-exclusive-the-jason-kidd-mess-has-a-144-million-pricetag/

God damn Kobe contract

Lakers ($100.1 million), Bulls ($61 million), Rockets ($40.7 million), and Celtics ($33.1 million).

spurraider21
07-01-2014, 01:03 AM
lakerfans were right. Kobe was worth the contract. he makes the buss family way more than the 48.5 mil. that means its ok to fuck over your teams chances of winning :lol

Thread
07-01-2014, 01:04 AM
WTF? According to this article, the Lakers still made an enormous amount of money (gross) this year. How the hell did they do it?

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/grantland-exclusive-the-jason-kidd-mess-has-a-144-million-pricetag/

God damn Kobe contract

Was that before OR after giving the deadbeats their hand downs?

midnightpulp
07-01-2014, 01:06 AM
Forbes has their operating profit at 66 million this year.

I think Kobe merch alone brings in like 70-80 million. Combine that with the TV contract and ticket sales, and the Lakers should see profit even in a down year.

That said, no way Jimmy breaks the bank on payroll. Unlike these billionaires, the Lakers are the Buss's only revenue stream, so Buss can't afford to be giving away 50+ million in luxury tax every year like Prokhorov, et al.

NRHector
07-01-2014, 01:15 AM
And still not enough to buy the trophy

Thebesteva
07-01-2014, 01:18 AM
Forbes has their operating profit at 66 million this year.

I think Kobe merch alone brings in like 70-80 million. Combine that with the TV contract and ticket sales, and the Lakers should see profit even in a down year.

That said, no way Jimmy breaks the bank on payroll. Unlike these billionaires, the Lakers are the Buss's only revenue stream, so Buss can't afford to be giving away 50+ million in luxury tax every year like Prokhorov, et al.

Do u see Jim stepping down like he said he would in 4 years? Do u see any chance of the Buss family selling the Lakers? They're obviously way in over their heads, and I seriously see Laker fans turning their backs on the team if they keep up this way another 3 seasons

Thread
07-01-2014, 01:19 AM
And still not enough to buy the trophy

At least when we put one in the case it stays in there. You, you put one in there last June and had to give it back because Duncan's tired old piss pot ass couldn't conquer Battier.

midnightpulp
07-01-2014, 01:21 AM
At least when we put one in the case it stays in there. You, you put one in there last June and had to give it back because Duncan's tired old piss pot ass couldn't conquer Battier.

Salty tonight, ain't we?

NRHector
07-01-2014, 01:22 AM

Damn you're a dumbass, read what you just posted and think about it, dumbass

Thread
07-01-2014, 01:23 AM
Do u see Jim stepping down like he said he would in 4 years? Do u see any chance of the Buss family selling the Lakers? They're obviously way in over their heads, and I seriously see Laker fans turning their backs on the team if they keep up this way another 3 seasons

Though without Jim Buss we're light two NBA Titles.

Christ, think for your fuckin' self! When it was convenient Media backed Jim Buss--threw it up there that he insisted on Bynum, stood up to Kobe when Kobe wanted Bynum gone. Now, that the old man died Media can use a good fall guy. No mention is made now of how that insistence not once, but, twice insured two NBA Titles.

You fool.

midnightpulp
07-01-2014, 01:24 AM

Jim might step down, but I don't see the Buss family selling.

They can navigate under the new CBA, no problem, but the days of spending 90-100 million on the roster are over. Lakers simply have to be smart with their money now.

Thread
07-01-2014, 01:24 AM
Damn you're a dumbass

What, you thought you weren't going to answer for last June? That's forever, bub. That's never going away. If you can take 5, you can take last June. Or, can you?

No, you can't. You're too fuckin' weak. Pussies.

Thread
07-01-2014, 01:25 AM
Jim might step down, but I don't see the Buss family selling.

They can navigate under the new CBA, no problem, but the days of spending 90-100 million on the roster are over. Lakers simply have to be smart with their money now.

I hear my words, but, it's your mouth moving.

Thread
07-01-2014, 01:26 AM
Salty tonight, ain't we?

Even more so now because you're plagiarizing my shit above, asshole.

midnightpulp
07-01-2014, 01:26 AM

Still better to be light one than two. And the count is even.

I'm content.

midnightpulp
07-01-2014, 01:30 AM
For a long time now, I've been saying the days of the Lakers outspending every else are over. It's really stating the obvious. No need to plagiarize you or anyone else. Jim Buss was wringing his hands over it 3 years ago.

Thread
07-01-2014, 01:30 AM
For a long time now, I've been saying the days of the Lakers outspending every else are over. It's really stating the obvious. No need to plagiarize you or anyone else. Jim Buss was wringing his hands over it 3 years ago.

You lying sack of shit, you.

midnightpulp
07-01-2014, 01:40 AM
What, you thought you weren't going to answer for last June? That's forever, bub. That's never going away. If you can take 5, you can take last June. Or, can you?

No, you can't. You're too fuckin' weak. Pussies.

Yep. We're salty.

The reality of 5 is finally starting to sink in, ain't it? A week ago, even a day ago, you had hope it wasn't real; you just couldn't believe it, like a healthy man just told he has cancer. You feel good, nary a symptom. You know you have cancer, there's the x-ray, showing the large tumor stuck right there in the left half of your brain. But, still, you don't believe it. You feel too damn good, too damn strong. Then one day you wake up and feel slightly off, lightheaded, nauseous. Your head is pounding and you vomit. And as you sit there hunched over the toilet, it finally hits you like a 100 ton freight train: I have cancer.

Today is that day.

Today is the day you finally realized the count is even.

Thread
07-01-2014, 01:42 AM
Yep. We're salty.

The reality of 5 is finally starting to sink in, ain't it? A week ago, even a day ago, you had hope it wasn't real; you just couldn't believe it, like a healthy man just told he has cancer. You feel good, nary a symptom. You know you have cancer, there's the x-ray, showing the large tumor stuck right there in the left half of your brain. But, still, you don't believe it. You feel too damn good, too damn strong. Then one day you wake up and feel slightly off, lightheaded, nauseous. Your head is pounding and you vomit. And as you sit there hunched over the toilet, it finally hits you like a 100 ton freight train: I have cancer.

Today is that day.

Today is the day you finally realized the count is even.

Get lost. Until you admit to copying my CBA shit you can go to Hell.

midnightpulp
07-01-2014, 01:46 AM
Get lost. Until you admit to copying my CBA shit you can go to Hell.

*Sigh* throwing another one of your classic tantrums.

EVERYONE KNOWS THE LAKERS ARE STRAPPED BY THE NEW CBA.

What makes you think your opinion was in any way unique?

[I know I won't get an answer]

Fine. I copied you. I apologize.

Look: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236726&p=7470478&viewfull=1#post7470478

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236726&p=7470469&viewfull=1#post7470469

Happy now?

Thread
07-01-2014, 01:58 AM
*Sigh* throwing another one of your classic tantrums.

EVERYONE KNOWS THE LAKERS ARE STRAPPED BY THE NEW CBA.

What makes you think your opinion was in any way unique?

[I know I won't get an answer]

Fine. I copied you. I apologize.

Look: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236726&p=7470478&viewfull=1#post7470478

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236726&p=7470469&viewfull=1#post7470469

Happy now?

Perhaps, but, nobody "said" it. Nobody put it into the word processor cept me.

Apology accepted.

whitemamba
07-01-2014, 02:17 AM
they pay something like 40 mill to the NBA in taxes as well.

TDMVPDPOY
07-01-2014, 07:05 AM
how much does kirby makes from his merchandise anyway, whats the point if its divided and revenue shared to other teams?

i still dont see d12 on that list of merchandise, remember when he selected to go to lakers cause he wanted to marketed his brand, i dont know what shit his selling but those faggot arm sleeves nobody is buying them, just like his bastard children....is his brand inseminating fertile women?

Clipper Nation
07-01-2014, 07:13 AM
Just goes to show how gullible Kirbystans and illegal immigrants are that they keep handing over their money to Fredo :lol

Thread
07-01-2014, 07:16 AM
^Good morning, slope.

Clipper Nation
07-01-2014, 07:18 AM
^Good morning, slope.
The bag, deflecting.

Thread
07-01-2014, 07:19 AM
The bag, deflecting.

Hi, dink.

Clipper Nation
07-01-2014, 07:22 AM
Hi, dink.
The bag.

Thread
07-01-2014, 07:23 AM
The bag.

Good morning, Hopsing.

Clipper Nation
07-01-2014, 07:23 AM
Good morning, Hopsing.
That's Bag talkin'.

Thread
07-01-2014, 07:24 AM
That's Bag talkin'.

Hi, zipperhead.

Sportcamper
07-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Keep in mind that the Lakers profited even after paying out 50 million in food stamps & welfare to the other NBA teams that rely on Lakers assistance…Cavs, Knicks, Spurs, Mavs etc etc… :greedy

Spurs9
07-01-2014, 09:35 AM
Thats exactly why Kobe gets paid $30million, the Lakers know without him they can't sell the hype train constantly. Kobe knows how much they make off him, so he demands the most amount possible even if his team will suffer because of it.

Michael Jordan.
07-01-2014, 09:36 AM
lol 100 million dollar profit while the team is shitty. Laker fan should be outraged, but that would require common sense.

Sportcamper
07-01-2014, 09:43 AM
Meanwhile the losers who rely on Lakers Food Stamps complain?

LkrFan
07-01-2014, 09:45 AM
Keep in mind that the Lakers profited even after paying out 50 million in food stamps & welfare to the other NBA teams that rely on Lakers assistance…Cavs, Knicks, Spurs, Mavs etc etc… :greedy midnightpulp keep saying we're broke with limited revenue streams. . :lol

We should have netted $150M large, despite having the worst season in Lakers history. :lmao

Michael Jordan.
07-01-2014, 09:46 AM

No one is complaining about your team being shitty. I'm enjoying. Stay dumb Lakerfan.

Michael Jordan.
07-01-2014, 09:47 AM
Also, Laker fan bragging about money that doesn't even affect Kobe's hogging of the salary cap. Christ!

LkrFan
07-01-2014, 09:47 AM

This. :lol

LkrFan
07-01-2014, 09:50 AM
No one is complaining about your team being shitty. I'm enjoying. Stay dumb Lakerfan.

You should ask Fredo for a loan to make your moose support payments. :lol

Michael Jordan.
07-01-2014, 09:51 AM
You should ask Fredo for a loan to make your moose support payments. :lol

Or you could ask Fredo for the loan to pay LeBron and Melo, but I think Kobe's contract would get in the way.

LkrFan
07-01-2014, 09:57 AM
Or you could ask Fredo for the loan to pay LeBron and Melo, but I think Kobe's contract would get in the way.

If you talking max for both, then yes, you are correct. Heat can't pay 2 max contracts either. ;)

Sportcamper
07-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Welfare recipients are an amazing species, they bite the Lakers hand that feeds them…Why not learn to provide for yourself & learn the meaning of self esteem….Like that is ever going to happen...:lmao

LkrFan
07-01-2014, 10:00 AM
^ not with $3.57 courtside seats. :lol

Michael Jordan.
07-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Welfare recipients are an amazing species, they bite the Lakers hand that feeds them…Why not learn to provide for yourself & learn the meaning of self esteem….Like that is ever going to happen...:lmao

":cry My team makes more money than yours even though I'll never see a dime of it :cry" - Retarded lakerfan logic

Sportcamper
07-01-2014, 10:05 AM
Please change your name…The real Michael Jordon would sweep at Target before he would accept Lakers Food Stamps...
Have you no shame? :nope

Michael Jordan.
07-01-2014, 10:05 AM
Since no one wants to play there, at least they'll have enough money to put up plenty of billboards.

Sportcamper
07-01-2014, 10:07 AM
^ not with $3.57 courtside seats. :lol

Were you around when the *purs had 5 cent beer night? Still could not sell out that rodeo arena...

baseline bum
07-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Keep in mind that the Lakers profited even after paying out 50 million in food stamps & welfare to the other NBA teams that rely on Lakers assistance…Cavs, Knicks, Spurs, Mavs etc etc… :greedy

Damn son, Spurs paid into the system, so you can rest assured that Fredo didn't contribute a cent to 5.

Michael Jordan.
07-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Damn son, Spurs paid into the system, so you can rest assured that Fredo didn't contribute a cent to 5.

http://i.imgur.com/WaiitW6.gif

Clipper Nation
07-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Fredo's dad is the biggest welfare queen of all... he needed to borrow $$$ from Sterling to buy the Lakers :lol

baseline bum
07-01-2014, 10:18 AM
Hi, zipperhead.

Cubby don't like Charlie after getting his ass handed to him. But that's what you get shooting up heroin when you were being paid to shoot up gooks. You want to talk food stamps, ain't no bigger welfare than that tbh.

midnightpulp
07-01-2014, 10:36 AM
midnightpulp keep saying we're broke with limited revenue streams. . :lol

We should have netted $150M large, despite having the worst season in Lakers history. :lmao

You're not broke, but the days of 100 million dollar payrolls are over. No way Buss (net worth 600 million) is going to give back 80 million in luxury tax just on a hope.

Expect the average payroll going forward to be in the 70-80 million range.

Time to build and develop. A nightmare for Mitch and Jimmy's dumbasses, I know.

LkrFan
07-01-2014, 10:38 AM
Were you around when the *purs had 5 cent beer night? Still could not sell out that rodeo arena...
:rollin :lmao :rollin

Sportcamper
07-01-2014, 10:42 AM
Spurs paid into the system, so you can rest assured that Fredo didn't contribute a cent to 5.

Now who is being naïve Baseline? And for the record it is 4 1/2...

http://www.thethirdcity.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/alpacinocorleone.jpg

LkrFan
07-01-2014, 10:46 AM
You're not broke, but the days of 100 million dollar payrolls are over. No way Buss (net worth 600 million) is going to give back 80 million in luxury tax just on a hope.

Expect the average payroll going forward to be in the 70-80 million range.

Time to build and develop. A nightmare for Mitch and Jimmy's dumbasses, I know.
They're not going to pay repeater luxury taxes, without a contending roster, yes. But for true superstars, he's already on record as saying he would. With $100M+ profits, I'm believing he will.

All we need are...

1) disgruntled stars
2) inept FO's
3) players in small markets that out played their franchise's ability to keep them

...for us to keep having the opportunity to obtain marquee players. :)

Clipper Nation
07-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Juancho coming up with more gems to be bumped a year from now :lol

LkrFan
07-01-2014, 10:48 AM

How much y'all paid son?

baseline bum
07-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Now who is being naïve Baseline? And for the record it is 4 1/2...

http://www.thethirdcity.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/alpacinocorleone.jpg

Shutting down The Forum in 4 :lol

LkrFan
07-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Juancho coming up with more gems to be bumped a year from now :lol

If we don't have opportunities, well duh. :lol

Clipper Nation
07-01-2014, 10:51 AM
If we don't have opportunities, well duh. :lol
:lol Already :downspin:ing dat shit in advance, I see....

Sportcamper
07-01-2014, 10:55 AM
Shutting down The Forum in 4

Pretty sure the Lakers have given it to the Spurs more than they have taken…

http://thefrontcourt.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/t_funny_pictures_shaq_humps_his_boyfriend_1er_847. jpg

baseline bum
07-01-2014, 10:57 AM
Pretty sure the Lakers have given it to the Spurs more than they have taken…

http://thefrontcourt.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/t_funny_pictures_shaq_humps_his_boyfriend_1er_847. jpg

https://i1.ytimg.com/vi/AUHPHSmyTNg/hqdefault.jpg

LkrFan
07-01-2014, 10:58 AM
https://i1.ytimg.com/vi/AUHPHSmyTNg/hqdefault.jpg

Was waiting for dis tbh :lol

midnightpulp
07-01-2014, 10:58 AM
They're not going to pay repeater luxury taxes, without a contending roster, yes. But for true superstars, he's already on record as saying he would. With $100M+ profits, I'm believing he will.

All we need are...

1) disgruntled stars
2) inept FO's
3) players in small markets that out played their franchise's ability to keep them

...for us to keep having the opportunity to obtain marquee players. :)

The Grantland stat was gross. Forbes has you at 66 million net.

Another thing to consider is Jimmy is going to start having to plan for the post-Kobe era. Once he retires, that's going to be a huge hit to the Lakers merchandise revenue. I think Jerry state Kobe generates about 80 million per year in merch sales alone. Of course his jersey will still be a seller post-retirement, but nowhere near that.

Also, the Clippers are going to be huge competition in the FA market now. Laugh all you want about 0 rings, but players really don't give a shit about a team's history. Now that the Lakers can't boast being the only competent NBA franchise in Southern California, the Clippers can now pimp their Hollywood location and glamour just like the Lakers, while being the franchise with a brighter future and a much wealthier owner.

The only hope is signing Melo. The Lakers are going to need a marquee star for the future to attract other FAs. If Melo doesn't sign, the Lakers are dead for the foreseeable future. No way does Durant and Love sign in 2015 with what will be a lottery team.

Sportcamper
07-01-2014, 11:09 AM
Carmelo is not a good fit for the Lakers…(WE do not want him)...
The Clippers will always be a joke even with the great roster that they have at this time…
The only Super Star Free agent is Le Bron…

LkrFan
07-01-2014, 11:26 AM
The Grantland stat was gross. Forbes has you at 66 million net.

Another thing to consider is Jimmy is going to start having to plan for the post-Kobe era. Once he retires, that's going to be a huge hit to the Lakers merchandise revenue. I think Jerry state Kobe generates about 80 million per year in merch sales alone. Of course his jersey will still be a seller post-retirement, but nowhere near that.

Also, the Clippers are going to be huge competition in the FA market now. Laugh all you want about 0 rings, but players really don't give a shit about a team's history. Now that the Lakers can't boast being the only competent NBA franchise in Southern California, the Clippers can now pimp their Hollywood location and glamour just like the Lakers, while being the franchise with a brighter future and a much wealthier owner.

The only hope is signing Melo. The Lakers are going to need a marquee star for the future to attract other FAs. If Melo doesn't sign, the Lakers are dead for the foreseeable future. No way does Durant and Love sign in 2015 with what will be a lottery team.

We'll see mid. Say what you will about MK, but he is very competent, and a salary cap wizard who learned under Logo. Glen Rivers is no MK.

There are many owners who are richer than Dr. Buss was, and his kids are now. The difference? The FO.

Under MK's watch:

1) Shaquisition
2) Fleecing of Hornets for Kobe's draft rights
3) Glen Rice
4) GP and Mailman
5) MVPAU
6) CP3
7) Dwert
8) Nash

Did his moves all result in rangs? No. But if not for injuries we'd be in the hunt. In the end, that's all I ask for as a fan. No reason for me to think we that will change if the opportunity presents itself.

LkrFan
07-01-2014, 11:40 AM
:lol Already :downspin:ing dat shit in advance, I see....

:downspin:

midnightpulp
07-01-2014, 11:41 AM
We'll see mid. Say what you will about MK, but he is very competent, and a salary cap wizard who learned under Logo. Glen Rivers is no MK.

There are many owners who are richer than Dr. Buss was, and his kids are now. The difference? The FO.

Under MK's watch:

1) Shaquisition
3) Glen Rice
4) GP and Mailman
5) MVPAU
6) CP3
7) Dwert
8) Nash

Did his moves all result in rangs? No. But if not for injuries we'd be in the hunt. In the end, that's all I ask for as a fan.

When Shaq came, the Lakers were still a playoff team and loaded with young talent like Nick Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Elden Campbell. In addition to that, Shaq was interested in an acting career. Now the Clippers can offer the same angle to stars desiring the Hollywood thing.

West was the one who scouted Kobe. Right now, your scouting team is pretty awful. Not to say it can't happen again. But the Lakers are going to have to clean house in their scouting department and start thinking modern.

Dwight and Nash blew up in MK's face. Those weren't good moves, even at the time. I even warned you all in advance. I don't even think the CP3 move was good. The Lakers were going to give up both Gasol and Odom, two very important pieces to the Lakers last two titles.

I just don't see what leverage the Lakers have now. First they need a superstar anchor, and Kobe is now too old. Best thing is to tank hard next year for a top 5 pick (which is protected) and hope to draft that superstar anchor.

Clipper Nation
07-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Kirby IS an anchor.... that 48.5 is weighing the team down :lol

baseline bum
07-01-2014, 11:42 AM

Under MK's watch:

1) Shaquisition
3) Glen Rice
4) GP and Mailman
5) MVPAU
6) CP3
7) Dwert
8) Nash

Did his moves all result in rangs? No. But if not for injuries we'd be in the hunt. In the end, that's all I ask for as a fan. No reason for me to think we that will change if the opportunity presents itself.

That trade for Rice cost you the 99 ring. I know, * this, lockout that, but it would have been Kobe 6, Duncan 4, and a never-ending semen cloud from cubby. Then the trades for Nash and Dwert cost you the rebuild.

LkrFan
07-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Kirby IS an anchor.... that 48.5 is weighing the team down :lol

:lol

LkrFan
07-01-2014, 11:46 AM
That trade for Rice cost you the 99 ring. I know, * this, lockout that, but it would have been Kobe 6, Duncan 4, and a never-ending semen cloud from cubby. Then the trades for Nash and Dwert cost you the rebuild.

You are correct. I hated losing EJ and Seldom Campbell. Had we kept them two and added Phil... :(

LkrFan
07-01-2014, 11:51 AM
When Shaq came, the Lakers were still a playoff team and loaded with young talent like Nick Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Elden Campbell. In addition to that, Shaq was interested in an acting career. Now the Clippers can offer the same angle to stars desiring the Hollywood thing.

West was the one who scouted Kobe. Right now, your scouting team is pretty awful. Not to say it can't happen again. But the Lakers are going to have to clean house in their scouting department and start thinking modern.

Dwight and Nash blew up in MK's face. Those weren't good moves, even at the time. I even warned you all in advance. I don't even think the CP3 move was good. The Lakers were going to give up both Gasol and Odom, two very important pieces to the Lakers last two titles.

I just don't see what leverage the Lakers have now. First they need a superstar anchor, and Kobe is now too old. Best thing is to tank hard next year for a top 5 pick (which is protected) and hope to draft that superstar anchor.
:downspin: it all you want. We made moves that should have panned out, just didn't. Can't win it every time. But he made the bold moves the Lakers are known for.

I hope he keeps swinging for the fences. :)

Thread
07-01-2014, 11:52 AM
Cubby don't like Charlie after getting his ass handed to him. But that's what you get shooting up heroin when you were being paid to shoot up gooks. You want to talk food stamps, ain't no bigger welfare than that tbh.

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 5

midnightpulp
07-01-2014, 11:57 AM
:downspin: it all you want. We made moves that should have panned out, just didn't. Can't win it every time. But he made the bold moves the Lakers are known for.

I hope he keeps swinging for the fences. :)

That's what got you in trouble in the first place.

Shaq, drafting Kobe, Gasol, were all good moves that made sense. Dwight and Nash were desperate. Nash in particular was the worst high profile signing I can remember.

The Lakers need to learn to develop talent.

Thread
07-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Nash in particular was the worst high profile signing I can remember.

Why?

midnightpulp
07-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Why?

Giving 9 million per year to a 39 year old PG with severe back issues, and one who can't play defense (and we know PG defense has haunted the Lakers for years)?

You watched him in Phoenix the year prior, and Nash has been in collect-a-paycheck mode since '11. DoK warned you. I warned you.

baseline bum
07-01-2014, 12:05 PM
Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 5

Which was a worse day for you: 30 January 1968 or 15 June 2014?

Thread
07-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Which was a worse day for you: 30 January 1968 or 15 June 2014?

I've been blessed, I ain't had it yet.

LkrFan
07-01-2014, 12:17 PM
That's what got you in trouble in the first place.

Shaq, drafting Kobe, Gasol, were all good moves that made sense. Dwight and Nash were desperate. Nash in particular was the worst high profile signing I can remember.

The Lakers need to learn to develop talent.

I hope they develop Randle - we agree there. As far as swinging for the fences, it works. No picks? Buy a 2nd rounder (or 1st - takes two to tango though) - if they are targeting a player they think is worth it. Not worried here. :lol

whitemamba
07-01-2014, 01:26 PM

Under MK's watch:

1) Shaquisition
3) Glen Rice
4) GP and Mailman
5) MVPAU
6) CP3
7) Dwert
8) Nash

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/51972540.jpg

dunkman
07-01-2014, 02:07 PM
The cable deal must have kicked in, tbh.