PDA

View Full Version : I give props to Lebron....

illusioNtEk
07-02-2014, 05:38 PM
When the Spurs beat the heat in game 5, Lebron actually congratulated the spurs....

Everytime Lebron loses in the finals, history shows that when he and his team loose, he leaves the floor asap and never congratulated the winning team.

For the spurs however he stayed and said GG to everyone in the spurs. and for that I give him props

FvckMavs
07-02-2014, 05:39 PM
Spurs never beat LBJ in game 6.

When the Spurs beat the heat in game 6, Lebron actually congratulated the spurs....

Everytime Lebron loses in the finals, history shows that when he and his team loose, he leaves the floor asap and never congratulated the winning team.

For the spurs however he stayed and said GG to everyone in the spurs. and for that I give him props

illusioNtEk
07-02-2014, 05:39 PM
ahhh you caught me, I updated it tho

bklynspursfan
07-02-2014, 05:44 PM
After last year, how the Spurs handled it, he almost had to even if he didn't want to.

tholdren
07-02-2014, 06:36 PM
GTFO

Lebron is a pussy. He talks shit and then comes up with more injury/excuses than anyone.

emanueldavidginobili
07-02-2014, 06:44 PM
GTFO

Lebron is a pussy. He talks shit and then comes up with more injury/excuses than anyone.
The man is the best player on this planet and rarely ever talks shit

thekingrobert
07-02-2014, 06:50 PM

He tried didn't work, "Spurs hate them" had a problem with Duncan saying we'll win it this time. Tried we didn't bite.

tholdren
07-02-2014, 07:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoOXKha7uL4

tholdren
07-02-2014, 07:05 PM
bitchmade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7x_BytZOfc

runnin away like melo.... 4:04 the best.

hooperflash
07-02-2014, 08:37 PM
We're 0-3 versus Lebron in Game 6 .

Dex
07-02-2014, 11:06 PM
Lebron played a FANTASTIC Finals series that will forever be obscured by The A/C Game and the Spurs overall brilliance during the run.

He stewed on the bench during those final minutes go Game 5 while the Spurs were taking out their stars and getting ovations. He quickly made his rounds after the buzzer, going first to Duncan (who, obviously, he sees as a major rival now that he is 1-2 against SA in the Finals) and Kawhi. He then quickly made his exit, and who can blame him for that...he had just spent 5 games trying to drag a deadweight Heat team to another ring.

I have been a Lebron hater first and foremost for a while now...but nothing but respect for he handled himself in that Finals series.

littlecoyotecoin
07-03-2014, 07:35 AM
Giving him major props for good sportsmanship most of us learn by the time we're 7 in little league. Setting the bar a little low for handing out props. In addition, the only reason he did it this time is because he has a brand to protect. He's gotten smarter, and has toned down some of the douchey behavior, but it's probably bubbling just under the surface. The lame Dirk mocking can be blamed on youth, to an extent, but it was still lame. Ironic, he was making fun of Dirk complaining about temperature changes affecting his health, I think - from 85 to 90 degree temperature change they said in the hallway walk. I'm going to go with "improved" behavior...improved all the way up on the spectrum to "normal". Major props? No.

Also, sitting out the last 6-8 minutes of game 5 was a little lame. It was an elimination game. Tracy McGrady 15 points in 38 seconds. He had 6-8 minutes. Surely the odds were 1000-1 against him or worse, but you take whatever chance you have in an elimination game, not sit on the bench and pout for half of the last quarter. You're not saving your energy for game six. I am not a Michael Jordan fan, but I could not imagine him sitting out the last half of the quarter, down by 15ish.

spursparker9
07-03-2014, 08:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfmg5vzotLE

Lebron and Wade is like merely saying congrat and good job to Kawhi.

But Ray Allen is like saying you are a bad bad man to kawhi.

Dex
07-03-2014, 08:34 AM
Also, sitting out the last 6-8 minutes of game 5 was a little lame. It was an elimination game. Tracy McGrady 15 points in 38 seconds. He had 6-8 minutes. Surely the odds were 1000-1 against him or worse, but you take whatever chance you have in an elimination game, not sit on the bench and pout for half of the last quarter. You're not saving your energy for game six. I am not a Michael Jordan fan, but I could not imagine him sitting out the last half of the quarter, down by 15ish.

That call was on Spoelstra, not Lebron. IIRC he pulled Lebron for Allen with about 6 minutes to go and the Spurs up 16, probably planning to buy him just a couple minutes of rest and seeing if Allen could get hot. Instead, Patty Mills caught fire, and the next thing you knew, the Spurs had blown the game open with a 20+ lead and there were only 3 minutes left on the clock. At that point, Spo threw in the white towel by pulling Bosh and Wade.

Could he have put James back in and let their Big 3 ride it out to the end? Maybe, but it would have been pointless. The Spurs were riding the crest of one of the biggest waves of momentum the Finals has ever seen. That shit was over. It would have just been degrading to leave their stars out there for garbage time and ovations, so they conceded defeat to the better team.

littlecoyotecoin
07-03-2014, 08:41 AM
That call was on Spoelstra, not Lebron. IIRC he pulled Lebron for Allen with about 6 minutes to go and the Spurs up 16, probably planning to buy him just a couple minutes of rest and seeing if Allen could get hot. Instead, Patty Mills caught fire, and the next thing you knew, the Spurs had blown the game open with a 20+ lead and there were only 3 minutes left on the clock. At that point, Spo threw in the white towel by pulling Bosh and Wade.

Could he have put James back in and let their Big 3 ride it out to the end? Maybe, but it would have been pointless. The Spurs were riding the crest of one of the biggest waves of momentum the Finals has ever seen. That shit was over. It would have just been degrading to leave their stars out there for garbage time and ovations, so they conceded defeat to the better team.

I understand that perspective, as well, but I find it hard to be sitting on the bench in that situation myself. Just my opinion.

bigfan
07-03-2014, 09:28 AM
Ive got no problem with his attitude, the guy seems to be a good sport and he is the best player on the planet right now. Its clear to me he respects the Spurs.

Jimcs50
07-03-2014, 01:23 PM

Why do people always say he is best player on the planet? Why not say the world? I mean I doubt they play basketball on any other planet in the universe, seriously. Saying planet is like hedging your bet, like you are affraid that some better player on Planet X567 will be insulted if we say Lebron is best player in the world.

tholdren
07-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Ive got no problem with his attitude, the guy seems to be a good sport and he is the best player on the planet right now. Its clear to me he respects the Spurs.
he's a pussy. plain and simple. If you dont have a problem with that, it's cool, but Lebron is far from a class act. Anyone who talks about "haters" is a retard.

Gervin44Silas13
07-03-2014, 02:10 PM
Spurs (Mia/Clev) 2 Lebron 1
Mavs 1 Lebron 0
OKC 0 Lebron 1

Lebron is 2-3 in the Finals
Duncan is 5-1
Bitch ass Kobe is 5-2

SpurSwag
07-04-2014, 10:21 AM
Yeah I've actually always loved Lebron, and though sometimes he makes it kinda hard to root for the guy, he really did everything he could this year and just had no help. Honestly he even had less help than he did while in Cleveland. The guy put up 28, 8, and 4 in mainly uncompetitive games while scoring 19 and 17 in different quarters during the series, but it was never enough. FFS he dropped 19 in a quarter and the spurs still won the quarter by 5

Jenks
07-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Say what you want about Scott Brooks being a shitty coach (because he is), but when he called timeout as they were about to lose the finals to the heat to give that speech about treating them like the champions and that they "won fair and square," I really think that shamed the fuck out of Lebron and his actions in 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58LcTzq4Z54

tholdren
07-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Yeah I've actually always loved Lebron, and though sometimes he makes it kinda hard to root for the guy, he really did everything he could this year and just had no help. Honestly he even had less help than he did while in Cleveland. The guy put up 28, 8, and 4 in mainly uncompetitive games while scoring 19 and 17 in different quarters during the series, but it was never enough. FFS he dropped 19 in a quarter and the spurs still won the quarter by 5

wildbill2u
07-04-2014, 12:21 PM
When the Spurs beat the heat in game 5, Lebron actually congratulated the spurs....

All players should show sportsmanship after a game. You're taught that from your first time in any organized sport. So giving props to Le Bron for doing what he should be doing anyway is a bad precedent. After all, as the Best Basketball Player on the Planet he is the face of the NBA and should always be a positive image for fans, especially young fans who will (as he said prior to the 5th game) "follow my lead".

spot2180
07-04-2014, 12:24 PM
I respect Lebron's ability, but I can't stomach all the other bullshit that comes with it. Give him props for good sportsmanship if you want to, but it took a hell of a long time for him to show it after a defeat when he's been in the league for what, 12 years? The dude is 6'9" 250 with a 40 in vertical. He gets a run away dunk and scowls at the crowd? WTF? Acts like a friggin' baby running away from a call when it doesn't go his way. He knows where every camera is. And does the best player on the planet have to flop as much as he does? I don't recall Jordan flopping. Hell, I don't even remember Kobe flopping.

I won't give him props for growing up and acting like a man, finally, after 12 years. I'll give him props for being a douche.

tholdren
07-04-2014, 12:38 PM
I respect Lebron's ability, but I can't stomach all the other bullshit that comes with it. Give him props for good sportsmanship if you want to, but it took a hell of a long time for him to show it after a defeat when he's been in the league for what, 12 years? The dude is 6'9" 250 with a 40 in vertical. He gets a run away dunk and scowls at the crowd? WTF? Acts like a friggin' baby running away from a call when it doesn't go his way. He knows where every camera is. And does the best player on the planet have to flop as much as he does? I don't recall Jordan flopping. Hell, I don't even remember Kobe flopping.

I won't give him props for growing up and acting like a man, finally, after 12 years. I'll give him props for being a douche.

And now his free-agency trash again. Why does he have no concept of loyalty? I mean what type of person constantly runs from a challenge? His drama is the reason why he will never be considered, in my mind, a great. Great players put in time and dedication to be the best and beat the best, not watch the clock until their deal is up and then go to an easier place to win. I really dont know how anyone who likes basketball, or competition, could respect that. It's really baffling.

The sad part is, if he would have stayed in Cleveland and just won 1 ring, he would get more talk about GOAT no matter how many he wins now.

koriwhat
07-04-2014, 02:19 PM
Fuck lebron and all these clowns coming out the closet to confess their love for lecramp.

Knoxxx
07-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Someone had in their Sig line a qoute where Lebron finds it very hard to offer congrats to the other team when he loses. If true thats the sign of a mega douche.

Agloco
07-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Spurs (Mia/Clev) 2 Lebron 1
Mavs 1 Lebron 0
OKC 0 Lebron 1

Lebron is 2-3 in the Finals
Duncan is 5-1
Bitch ass Kobe is 5-2

And he's a couple of fluke plays away from being 1-4.....0-3 vs SA.

spurspokesman
07-04-2014, 03:03 PM
Lebron can be very classless with his mean mugging and chest beating when he is up and winning. Nothing felt better than seeing the big 3 sulking after being thrashed by our spurs.

weeks
07-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Why do people always say he is best player on the planet? Why not say the world? I mean I doubt they play basketball on any other planet in the universe, seriously. Saying planet is like hedging your bet, like you are affraid that some better player on Planet X567 will be insulted if we say Lebron is best player in the world.
wtf are you on about? world and planet mean the same fucking thing

moisaenz
07-04-2014, 03:51 PM
wtf are you on about? world and planet mean the same fucking thing

Someone thinks world and universe is the same.

exstatic
07-04-2014, 04:00 PM
I think having won a couple of LoBs takes a bit of the sting out of it. The first two times he lost, he hadn't yet rung, and the pressure was still on.

T Park
07-04-2014, 04:10 PM
I've never had a problem with lebron. Best player in the world. Is for all I know a good family man. Busts his ass, and works hard at what he does. He's cocky? Yeah well so is Duncan and Robinson, they just somehow suppress it.

Never understood the LeBron hate.

Jimcs50
07-04-2014, 07:18 PM
You totally lost the point. I see my attempt at humor goes way over your head. I try to dumb it down

Jimcs50
07-04-2014, 07:21 PM
Someone thinks world and universe is the same.

I was talking about planet and universe. Again forget about it. You fuckers just hate joking around. It was a joke. Fuck you u fucking serious idiots. If you don't like humor, just scroll on by

TampaDude
07-04-2014, 07:59 PM
I've never had a problem with lebron. Best player in the world. Is for all I know a good family man. Busts his ass, and works hard at what he does. He's cocky? Yeah well so is Duncan and Robinson, they just somehow suppress it.

Exactly...I've been a LeBron fan for years now, ever since his Cavs days. I don't get all the hate, either.

tholdren
07-05-2014, 07:08 AM
LeBron James' impatience with the Miami Heat's efforts to improve their roster has led to his agent courting new teams for the free agent,according to Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski: (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lebron-james--agent-tells-teams-james-might-meet-with-them-if-heat-don-t-improve-roster-soon-030029268.html)
After conducting meetings with three NBA teams interested in pursuing free-agent star LeBron James, his agent suggested to owners and executives present that a failure of Miami president Pat Riley to rapidly recruit a strong supporting cast could bring finalists back to meet with James himself next week, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
Rich Paul, the agent for James, invited three teams – Cleveland, Dallas and Phoenix – to the offices of his Klutch Sports headquarters to listen to pitches.

SpurSwag
07-05-2014, 08:39 AM
Say what you want about him, he's undeniably a top 5 talent to ever play and I've always really been attracted to how much of a willing passer he is. He's a great player to watch and a legend no doubt.

xmas1997
07-05-2014, 09:58 AM
I'll never forget the cramps game.
:lol

tholdren
07-05-2014, 11:02 AM
I'll never forget the cramps game.
:lol
OR the class act he was when he won 2 years ago, quoting a damn rap song, "I aint got no worries" ironic that he always cries about h8trs.

Darkwaters
07-05-2014, 11:13 AM
He tried didn't work, "Spurs hate them" had a problem with Duncan saying we'll win it this time. Tried we didn't bite.

That whole attempt at drama was just stupid. Spurs don't create artificial drama...stupid media...

baseline bum
07-05-2014, 11:19 AM

People hate a winner. Always have.

xmas1997
07-05-2014, 11:23 AM
They don't hate Timmy.
Who has 5 rings?
Who only has 2?

skulls138
07-05-2014, 12:35 PM
Say what you want about him, he's undeniably a top 5 talent to ever play and I've always really been attracted to how much of a willing passer he is. He's a great player to watch and a legend no doubt.Hes a good passer (no Bird) but hes too willing. And with his size he should be playing under the basket more, posting up, doing the dirty stuff instead of on the outside holding the ball. I would say top 10 not 5.

tholdren
07-05-2014, 01:40 PM
Hes a good passer (no Bird) but hes too willing. And with his size he should be playing under the basket more, posting up, doing the dirty stuff instead of on the outside holding the ball. I would say top 10 not 5.
cause he scared of doin werk. aint bout dat lyfe

florige
07-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Exactly...I've been a LeBron fan for years now, ever since his Cavs days. I don't get all the hate, either.

I think the whole "Decision" thing put a sour taste into peoples mouths. Then people like to crap on him for teaming up with other superstars to win championships. I think people just fail to realize that had he stayed in Cleveland he would had eventually won a championship. Not his fault he ran into a powerhouse Spurs team his first go round and that the second best player on the team was MO Williams for goodness sakes. :lol

therealtruth
07-05-2014, 10:30 PM
The Cavs messed up by not getting him stars and instead just got him role players.

skulls138
07-06-2014, 01:08 AM
I think the whole "Decision" thing put a sour taste into peoples mouths. Then people like to crap on him for teaming up with other superstars to win championships. I think people just fail to realize that had he stayed in Cleveland he would had eventually won a championship. Not his fault he ran into a powerhouse Spurs team his first go round and that the second best player on the team was MO Williams for goodness sakes. :lolIm definitely not a fan of "the decision", nor the counting off of the supposed championships, nor having the nickname "the king". But getting on him for changing teams is ludicrous. You only end your career with the same team if youve won multiple championships with them and even then they move. Barkley (twice), Shaq (twice), Kareem, Moses, Iverson, Nash, Carmelo. What is the difference? Not seeing it. In the end he seems like an alright guy.

phxspurfan
07-06-2014, 01:24 AM

I have LeRespect for him as well. He clearly has shown that he respects forces that he believes are his equal. When you're as good as he is, you can have such opinions.

Also, I respect PG24 for asking for LeBron's mentorship earlier in the year. Many people panned it, but 100% of people know LeBron can teach PG24 a thing or three.

BackHome
07-06-2014, 01:38 AM
Lebron to me is just like a little kid that always get what he wants he has that Kobe way about him. It's "Look at Me" syndrome. He is a very good player but top five maybe playing today but not in NBA history.....

FkLA
07-06-2014, 04:07 AM
LeBron is nothing like Kobe.

On the court Kobe is arguably the most selfish chucker in NBA history. LeBron plays the right way, if you are open he will pass you the rock.

Kobe is coddled by the media, if stacked Laker teams lose lets blame it on Pau. If shitty Cavs/declining Heat teams lose let's blame it on LeBron despite his monster numbers.

Kobe wanted to be the highest paid player despite only having one achilles. LeBron took less money to form a stacked team despite being the best player in the world.

Kobe is a rapist and serial adulterer. LeBron seems like a calm family man.

TheDarkSide.
07-06-2014, 04:11 AM

On the court Kobe is arguably the most selfish chucker in NBA history. LeBron plays the right way, if you are open he will pass you the rock.

Kobe is coddled by the media, if stacked Laker teams lose lets blame it on Pau. If shitty Cavs/declining Heat teams lose let's blame it on LeBron despite his monster numbers.

Kobe wanted to be the highest paid player despite only having one achilles. LeBron took less money to form a stacked team despite being the best player in the world.

TRUTH FUCKING BOMB

Obi Juan Kenobi
07-06-2014, 05:02 AM
He is also being alot more mature in how he is handling free agency this time around...

hitmanyr2k
07-06-2014, 08:20 AM
He is also being alot more mature in how he is handling free agency this time around...

Lebron is basically doing the same thing to Miami that he did to Cleveland, only this time his PR team is probably smart enough to say no dumbass TV special announcement this time around :lol Lebron is being silent and non-committal and asking Riley to go out there and sell free agents on uncertainty. What's Riley supposed to sell? He can't tell free agents they'll be playing with some of the best players in the league because Lebron, Bosh and Wade aren't signed yet and don't look like they're anywhere close with this "opt out and then wait and see" approach. What impact player is going to sign with a team where their best players are all on the fence? What impact player is going sign knowing he may not get paid the way he wants with Lebron demanding a max deal and then there's still the issue of taking care of Bosh and Wade? What if he signs for less than what he's worth and Lebron bolts anyway? There's too much uncertainty there and I wouldn't blame free agents for signing or coming to agreements with other teams who are in a more stable situation. Riley is in a really tough spot.

Kawhi
07-06-2014, 10:26 AM
Fuck lebron

florige
07-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Lebron is basically doing the same thing to Miami that he did to Cleveland, only this time his PR team is probably smart enough to say no dumbass TV special announcement this time around :lol Lebron is being silent and non-committal and asking Riley to go out there and sell free agents on uncertainty. What's Riley supposed to sell? He can't tell free agents they'll be playing with some of the best players in the league because Lebron, Bosh and Wade aren't signed yet and don't look like they're anywhere close with this "opt out and then wait and see" approach. What impact player is going to sign with a team where their best players are all on the fence? What impact player is going sign knowing he may not get paid the way he wants with Lebron demanding a max deal and then there's still the issue of taking care of Bosh and Wade? What if he signs for less than what he's worth and Lebron bolts anyway? There's too much uncertainty there and I wouldn't blame free agents for signing or coming to agreements with other teams who are in a more stable situation. Riley is in a really tough spot.

Riley is pretty much on a wait and see until LBJ makes his mind up. Everything hinges around him obviously. Wade and Bosh are no match for any team out West should they meet in the Finals again. I think LBJ knows that.

spot2180
07-06-2014, 10:54 AM
Riley and BronBron deserve each other. And Bronny needs to understand that the Heat this year was most likely only the third or fourth best team in the NBA. If he heads west, there is no guarantee that his team will make the finals. If he stays with the Heat, he will make it to the finals probably two more years straight. At best, I'd bet he will only win one more ring. And his demanding both a championship caliber team and a max salary pretty much guarantees that ring won't happen next season for him.

vander
07-06-2014, 11:42 AM

if LeBron had an attitude more like Kobe's, he'd probably end up with more rings. MJ was also selfish asshole who was coddled and paid 30+ mill...

Ginobili3
07-06-2014, 01:24 PM
I think I started to like Lebron more when he won his 1st championship and after. Those previous years, he seemed arrogant and very spiteful (I noticed a slight change when they beat the Bulls in the 2011 ECF) but it was in 2012 where he conducted himself differently. I dunno, maybe its me, but his interviews were more candid and the emotion he showed was more "controlled" so to speak. He regretted the Decision, wasn't really talking about being the wealthiest athlete ever etc.

florige
07-06-2014, 08:13 PM

LBJ is also alot more quiet this time around. Maybe its because he's on vacation, but all the stir seems to be more around Anthony moreso that LBJ. The reason I am thinking is maybe the media is speculatuing that Carmelo may be the only huge name that actually may walk. The media is probably betting that LBJ will sign back with Miami.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-06-2014, 10:04 PM
I despised LBJ from 2008-2011 for his poor decisions and lack of leadership qualities, but I think he's really grown as a leader in the past 3 seasons. He couldn't have done more for his team, or led them any better, and the way he walked to the locker room with his head held high after game 5 showed how much he has grown. 2010 LeBron would've moped, not 2014 LeBron though.

james evans
07-07-2014, 09:16 AM
even though we kicked their asses this year, it's still hard looking at that ray allen 3 from last year. the shit crushed me that tuesday night. i'll never forget being the only spurs fan in that bar with a parker jersey on. i'm over it now as i can proudly wear my 2014 spurs championship attire, but i can't forget that game 6

xmas1997
07-07-2014, 10:11 AM
The melt down in Miami and with the whole James crew has been almost as enjoyable as the championship!
:lmao

TampaDude
07-07-2014, 10:22 AM

/thread