PDA

View Full Version : NBA: The Story of the Summer: Riles & Heat fail to keep it together

tmtcsc
07-02-2014, 08:58 PM
Folks, when its all said and done, I think the Heat are going to fail in remaining a viable contender. It's only the second day of FA as I type but things are not off to a good start. LeBron and the other Heatles had a sit down and apparently agreed to all opt-out of their contracts. This was done to give Pat Riley a chance to "Re-tool" not "Re-build", 'Re-Tool". However, home discounts are a thing of the past and none of these guys (especially Lebron) seem interested in taking much of a discount.

Meanwhile, the Heat's top FA targets seem to be falling off. I have a feeling Lowry stays in Toronto, Carmelo stays in NY (Way too much $$ to walk away from. Of course he'll say it was about Layla or whatever his wife's name is. Its always about the $$). He can always be a malcontent and force a trade in the next couple of years if things don't work out.

Paul Pierce isn't going to Miami, he'll be a Clipper; Gortat is staying in DC as will Ariza. The Heat are going to run out of options and will see Lebron ride off in the sunset. Don't be surprised if he ends up in Houston or with the Lakers. Where ever he goes, he's getting the Max and its hard to blame him. He's at the top of his game.

Bosh will get close to Max and Wade will spread his $$ over the next 4 years. They will not have the $$ to lure another big FA.

Killakobe81
07-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Folks, when its all said and done, I think the Heat are going to fail in remaining a viable contender. It's only the second day of FA as I type but things are not off to a good start. LeBron and the other Heatles had a sit down and apparently agreed to all opt-out of their contracts. This was done to give Pat Riley a chance to "Re-tool" not "Re-build", 'Re-Tool". However, home discounts are a thing of the past and none of these guys (especially Lebron) seem interested in taking much of a discount.

Meanwhile, the Heat's top FA targets seem to be falling off. I have a feeling Lowry stays in Toronto, Carmelo stays in NY (Way too much $$ to walk away from. Of course he'll say it was about Layla or whatever his wife's name is. Its always about the $$). He can always be a malcontent and force a trade in the next couple of years if things don't work out.

Paul Pierce isn't going to Miami, he'll be a Clipper; Gortat is staying in DC as will Ariza. The Heat are going to run out of options and will see Lebron ride off in the sunset. Don't be surprised if he ends up in Houston or with the Lakers. Where ever he goes, he's getting the Max and its hard to blame him. He's at the top of his game.
Ariza won't stay but he won't accept a hometown discount either. My guesstimate is Mavs pay him after Melo laughs in their face.

jeebus
07-02-2014, 09:06 PM
lol they all opted out to take less money, give Lebeta a max contract, draft another Norris Cole, and hire has-beens who want a championship before they retire. :tu

tmtcsc
07-02-2014, 09:16 PM
lol they all opted out to take less money, give Lebeta a max contract, draft another Norris Cole, and hire has-beens who want a championship before they retire. :tu

Pretty much. Rah Rah speeches are going to fall empty this time around. Riley is a hypocrite and a clown. "If you have the guts to stay". Dude bolted NY when things got tough. Now he tries tough, greaseball tactics to keep his stars.

Thread
07-02-2014, 09:32 PM
You cracked their safe last June and robbed it this June. They should count their fucking blessings OKC couldn't find their ass with both hands.

ezau
07-02-2014, 10:20 PM
You cracked their safe last June and robbed it this June. They should count their fucking blessings OKC couldn't find their ass with both hands.

Which resulted to Duncan>Kobe.

Thread
07-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Which resulted to Duncan>Kobe.

The Bag stays in Texas.

Kool Bob Love
07-02-2014, 10:22 PM
It's the summer of FIVE homie. Don't get it twisted.

ezau
07-02-2014, 10:30 PM
The Bag stays in Texas.

Your BAG is still in Vietnam, hence, Duncan>Kobe.

Thread
07-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Your BAG is still in Vietnam, hence, Duncan>Kobe.

No. You're wrong. The Bag stays in Texas.

ezau
07-02-2014, 10:38 PM
No. You're wrong. The Bag stays in Texas.

Nope it's still in Vietnam and it'll stay there until Kobe rings. Let us proceed.

Thread
07-02-2014, 10:39 PM
Nope it's still in Vietnam and it'll stay there until Kobe rings. Let us proceed.

No. The Bag stays in Texas.

baseline bum
07-02-2014, 10:43 PM

Bosh will get close to Max and Wade will spread his $$ over the next 4 years. They will not have the $$ to lure another big FA.

They can bring James back at the $22M max, Bosh and Wade at $15M each starting, go out and get a nice vet with the MLE, an old ring chasing vet with the LLE, and still bring the rest of the team minus Battier and some other crap and stay under the luxury tax. They're in pretty good shape.

Thread
07-02-2014, 10:43 PM
They can bring James back at the $22M max, Bosh and Wade at $15M each starting, go out and get a nice vet with the MLE, an old ring chasing vet with the LLE, and still bring the rest of the team minus Battier and some other crap and stay under the luxury tax. They're in pretty good shape.

I feel better.

baseline bum
07-02-2014, 10:45 PM
I feel better.

I remember when you said that 365 days ago son.

ezau
07-02-2014, 11:13 PM
No. The Bag stays in Texas.

Nope, it's in Vietnam. You left it there 40 years ago.

Thread
07-02-2014, 11:44 PM
No, you're mistaken. The Bag stays in Texas.

Thread
07-02-2014, 11:44 PM
I remember when you said that 365 days ago son.

lmcontrollinao!!!

DJR210
07-02-2014, 11:53 PM
The Heat don't need marquee free agents to contend. They need quality role players capable of putting up some points. There can only be so many people guarded by Kawhi/Green. They addressed a glaring need with Napier. That makes them better than last year already. If they can keep Allen for cheap, and add a couple more scorers, they will be back in the Finals next year. LeBron automatically makes you a top team, we both know that.

Malik Hairston
07-03-2014, 12:27 AM
:lol Miami was never going to acquire Lowry or Carmelo or Gortat, tbh..I don't know why NBA fans believe everything..

They don't even need a big name, at all..they need role players and an adjustment to Spoelstra's system..

Donkeybong
07-03-2014, 12:53 AM
something i don't understand. why did wade and bosh opt out if they weren't sure lebron was returning? won't that cost them around 5 million each? no way wade or bosh get 20 million on the open market

Malik Hairston
07-03-2014, 12:55 AM
^^it's all media hype and speculation, at this point..

We'll actually have something to talk about once all 3 of them sign somewhere:lol(90% chance it's Miami)..

Splits
07-03-2014, 01:02 AM
something i don't understand. why did wade and bosh opt out if they weren't sure lebron was returning? won't that cost them around 5 million each? no way wade or bosh get 20 million on the open market

Conventional wisdom is they knew Bron wouldn't resign if they didn't opt-out and Riles made promises to make them whole. Only time will tell...

benstanfield
07-03-2014, 01:04 AM
If I'm Riles I let Wade and the spot up shooter walk, give Lebeta a max deal, and try to woo Hawes, Ariza, Diaw, Hayward, etc.

If Bosh want 5 for 90 he can go fuck himself. If Wade wants more than 11 a year he can go fuck himself. I really don't understand why this isn't a no brainer. The writing is on the wall. Two of the "Big Three" are washed up losers. Sign LBJ and build.

benstanfield
07-03-2014, 01:08 AM
A team of Napier/Morrow/Hayward/James/Blatche sweeps this year's Heatles and it wouldn't be close.

TDMVPDPOY
07-03-2014, 01:55 AM
nba doing its best to draw in ratings away from wc, nothing to see here...

100%duncan
07-03-2014, 05:11 AM
A team of Napier/Morrow/Hayward/James/Blatche sweeps this year's Heatles and it wouldn't be close.

Your first post was fine. What happened?

07-03-2014, 07:35 AM
Your first post was fine. What happened?
:lol

tmtcsc
07-04-2014, 01:21 PM
The next few days should be interesting. Melo stays in NY, Bosh goes to Houston, Wade re-signs in Miami (Cuz no one will pay him what he gave up) and Bron moves on. Not sure where.

TDMVPDPOY
07-04-2014, 01:33 PM
wasnt it first b4 the trio got together, it was meant to be wade and bosh only for the heat, till lebron got involve with the duo conversation that he wanted part in it?

wade first recruited bosh and lebron was never on their mind right?

TIMMYtoZO
07-04-2014, 01:40 PM
:lmao Everyone is pinning their hopes that Miami will just crumble and die.The offseason is young. They'll upgrade their role players and retain the 3 Kings. Miami is not going anywhere.

lefty
07-04-2014, 01:52 PM
:lmao Everyone is pinning their hopes that Miami will just crumble and die.The offseason is young. They'll upgrade their role players and retain the 3 Kings. Miami is not going anywhere.
we're not worried, we just dismantled them in 5 :lol

DMC
07-04-2014, 01:56 PM
There's no reason for Lebron to take a pay cut. He's taken them to the show 4 years in a row and won twice. That's 2x more than they've done in the history of their franchise prior to him. He made them hundreds of millions. Why should he take a paycut so they can keep raking in fat change?

Legacy is important, but it doesn't pay the bills.

Thread
07-04-2014, 02:47 PM
we're not worried, we just dismantled them in 5 :lol

& really in 12. tee, hee.

tmtcsc
07-11-2014, 12:25 PM
Bump! Like I said.

I didn't think he would go back to Cleveland but I had a feeling he was done in Miami. This is too funny. The Spurs' Epic ass whooping they delivered to Miami is just as nice as when they shut down the forum and ended the Lakers' run at 3 titles. What a beautiful time to be a Spurs fan.

Thread
07-11-2014, 12:26 PM
Bump! Like I said.

I didn't think he would go back to Cleveland but I had a feeling he was done in Miami. This is too funny. The Spurs' Epic ass whooping they delivered to Miami is just as nice as when they shut down the forum and ended the Lakers' run at 3 titles. What a beautiful time to be a Spurs fan.

6 withstanding.

tmtcsc
07-11-2014, 12:28 PM

I imagine Pat Riley is trying to "get a grip" right about now.

TheGoldStandard
07-11-2014, 12:28 PM
Riley is super pissed

tmtcsc
07-11-2014, 02:30 PM
Awesome time to be a Spurs fan.

Splits
07-11-2014, 03:04 PM

:lol

baseline bum
07-19-2014, 05:16 PM

My nigga :tu

DAF86
07-19-2014, 06:08 PM

Another great prediction by TIMMYtoZO :lol