PDA

View Full Version : And You Think Splitters Contract is Bad

BackHome
07-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Miami Heat big man Chris Bosh is seeking a contract that will pay him $90 million over five years, a source with knowledge of Bosh's thinking told FOX Sports Ohio on Wednesday

Ok deal is not done but his agent saying that all this talk about a pay cut is BS. It also says that Lebron is wanting a max contract at 20 mill a year so there goes that "Hey they are going to do what SA big 3 did"...Looks like that is not going to happen with Lebron and Bosh.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-02-2014, 11:43 PM
No, actually, I think Splitter's contract is fine.

Mel_13
07-02-2014, 11:45 PM
This thread will attract tholdren like a flame attracts a moth.

Kindergarten Cop
07-02-2014, 11:45 PM

This.

Ron Swanson
07-02-2014, 11:46 PM

ducks
07-02-2014, 11:46 PM

Mr. Body
07-02-2014, 11:53 PM

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-02-2014, 11:53 PM
Nice. ;)

TheGoldStandard
07-02-2014, 11:54 PM
Nothing to see here

Baam
07-03-2014, 12:06 AM
Miami Heat big man Chris Bosh is seeking a contract that will pay him $90 million over five years, a source with knowledge of Bosh's thinking told FOX Sports Ohio on Wednesday

Ok deal is not done but his agent saying that all this talk about a pay cut is BS. It also says that Lebron is wanting a max contract at 20 mill a year so there goes that "Hey they are going to do what SA big 3 did"...Looks like that is not going to happen with Lebron and Bosh.

Bosh is a very bad choice if you wanted to make Splitter look good, he would never lose his spot in the rotation to Matt Bonner... Bosh a star, Splitter is a situational role player...

lowdown
07-03-2014, 12:13 AM
I think calling Splitter a situational role player isn't an apt description. He's better than that, it's just he's not the right match up for Rashard Lewis. His contract is more than fair in this ridiculous market. Kyle Lowry, now that contract is stupid. But I get why Toronto overpaid on his deal today. However, in a few years, they are going to look back and regret having to continue to pay him on that deal. The deal Bosh finally agrees upon will most likely have him being underpaid for this point in his career if he returns to Miami. Bigs with any decent amount of talent will always be rewarded in the Association.

Spur|n|Austin
07-03-2014, 12:24 AM

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/03/Thumbs-UP-Kid-GIF.gif

Boomersgold
07-03-2014, 12:26 AM
Don't think anyone says Splitter's contract is bad. He should be getting what Tyson Chandler got when he played in New York.

Cry Havoc
07-03-2014, 12:45 AM

InRareForm
07-03-2014, 12:50 AM

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2014, 12:51 AM
Nope. Overpaid. Splitter looked worse this year than he did in 2013... Did he make a hook shot ONCE this year?

Stabula
07-03-2014, 01:01 AM
lol all these faggots saying Splitter's contract is fine were originally bitching a storm about it. I remember.

FlAVaK
07-03-2014, 01:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWeqlyi5PoM

:downspin:

FlAVaK
07-03-2014, 01:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1_PR7B0H0s

:toast:lobt::blah

Darkwaters
07-03-2014, 01:18 AM

Knoxxx
07-03-2014, 01:40 AM
The declining annual salary was genius and Splitter's contract at 3 years $26 million remaining looks fine for a serviceable big that also has the unique talent to guard Nowitski and Aldridge on the perimeter.

spurraider21
07-03-2014, 01:56 AM
Bosh is a very bad choice if you wanted to make Splitter look good, he would never lose his spot in the rotation to Matt Bonner... Bosh a star, Splitter is a situational role player...
Bosh averaged 14 and 5 in the finals this year after averaging 12 and 9 in the finals last year. i'm fond of bosh's talent, but based on the role he plays on Miami, he's been terribly overpaid. to be fair, i'd rather think he's underused than overpaid, but either way, we are getting way more bang for buck with splitter than miami has with bosh

spurraider21
07-03-2014, 01:57 AM
If Gasol ends up going to OKC, Splitter becomes that much more valuable for us, as every contender in the West will have a talented big that Splitter will be assigned to defend

anakha
07-03-2014, 01:57 AM

100%duncan
07-03-2014, 02:36 AM
Splitter is a scrub................ not. *Quotes Ruff*

adonis827
07-03-2014, 06:03 AM
imho the miami's big 3 still has endorsements specially lebron and wade. They can certainly accept pay cuts. Lebron is the highest paid nba player as far as I know but that is his nba salary + many endorsements. It would be Riley's and owner Arison's dream if these 3 guys take significant paycuts.

DocDoc
07-03-2014, 06:36 AM

word.

Maddog
07-03-2014, 06:40 AM
Nope. Overpaid. Splitter looked worse this year than he did in 2013... Did he make a hook shot ONCE this year?
:huh

The declining annual salary was genius and Splitter's contract at 3 years $26 million remaining looks fine for a serviceable big that also has the unique talent to guard Nowitski and Aldridge on the perimeter.
Knoxxx sums it up perfectly.

we would all like Spitter to ne more than he is- however he uniquely fits the Spurs. He doesn't block shots, but does a good job defensively, switching and guarding mobile bigs. Offensively, moves without the ball sets screens passes well.

Seventyniner
07-03-2014, 07:50 AM
This thread will attract tholdren like a flame attracts a moth.

Hopefully he gets too close and immolates himself.

Dex
07-03-2014, 08:06 AM

Dex
07-03-2014, 08:06 AM
lol all these faggots saying Splitter's contract is fine were originally bitching a storm about it. I remember.

Quotes or GTFO.

jsandiego
07-03-2014, 08:08 AM

Mel_13
07-03-2014, 09:01 AM

Spurs9
07-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Hated Tiago in the past, but loved him after this season tbh.

Ice009
07-03-2014, 09:52 AM

Interesting, so Splitter is getting a little less as the contract goes on. On average, he's getting 8.66M for the next three seasons. That really isn't that bad at all.

PingPong
07-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Splitter needs do add some midrange jumper and perhaps some threes to his game.

biskvito
07-03-2014, 11:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1_PR7B0H0s

:toast:lobt::blah

vid has 1 dislike (tholdren)

tholdren
07-03-2014, 11:28 AM
no,

I would have posted the blair video in the DAL/SA series and asked why in the hell you thought Tiago was 10X more valuable with eerily identical stats. Still, no logical answer. Again, I think Tiago has improved, and is probably better than I give him credit for, I just didnt/dont like the deal, but now that Jodi meeks and others are getting about the same, one must say that it isnt too bad.

ginobilized
07-03-2014, 01:53 PM
If Splitter was paid by the number of screens he sets, he'd be the highest paid player in the league. He earns his keep.

Macca76
07-03-2014, 03:11 PM

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-03-2014, 03:34 PM
Big men get paid more because decent ones are so hard to find.

His block on Wade was worth at least $4M of his 2014 contract.

DMX7
07-03-2014, 04:21 PM
Splitter's contract is bad but not horrific. It actually goes down in annual salary each year.

slick'81
07-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Splitter's contract is bad but not horrific. It actually goes down in annual salary each year.

Funny that was the word I was thinking it isn't horrific :lol

freetiago
07-03-2014, 06:21 PM
no,

I would have posted the blair video in the DAL/SA series and asked why in the hell you thought Tiago was 10X more valuable with eerily identical stats. Still, no logical answer. Again, I think Tiago has improved, and is probably better than I give him credit for, I just didnt/dont like the deal, but now that Jodi meeks and others are getting about the same, one must say that it isnt too bad.

Blair was statistically the worst starting center in the NBA when he was paired with Tim and we were ranked 10-15th defensively

Splitter had the highest defensive rating in the entire NBA of players who played 20 or more minutes while making the Spurs a top 3 defensive team once he started

tbh...

tholdren
07-03-2014, 07:20 PM
Blair was statistically the worst starting center in the NBA when he was paired with Tim and we were ranked 10-15th defensively

Splitter had the highest defensive rating in the entire NBA of players who played 20 or more minutes while making the Spurs a top 3 defensive team once he started

tbh...

typical hyped answer that totally negates splitters offense or a 10 mil contract who is useless in the WCF and Finals. Although, I think this year was his best playoffs, just by my observation and without looking at stats. The impact he made in dallas was huge but he showed 0 sign of being worth 10 times blair, and that's what my argument amounts to. Is his contract worth his production. I dont think so. He didnt outplay blair during the series, their per game stats are almost identical.

Darkwaters
07-03-2014, 07:22 PM

Too bad the game was in San Antonio. If it had been a Miami home game I would have guessed it was the one fan that didn't leave early...

Darkwaters
07-03-2014, 07:24 PM
typical hyped answer that totally negates splitters offense or a 10 mil contract who is useless in the WCF and Finals. Although, I think this year was his best playoffs, just by my observation and without looking at stats. The impact he made in dallas was huge but he showed 0 sign of being worth 10 times blair, and that's what my argument amounts to. Is his contract worth his production. I dont think so. He didnt outplay blair during the series, their per game stats are almost identical.

Are you still talking?

tholdren
07-03-2014, 07:27 PM
Are you still talking?
Clever

Darkwaters
07-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Clever

I'm proud of you. You didn't mention Splitter in that last post. Not even once!

SupremeGuy
07-03-2014, 07:35 PM
Splitter's contract is decent, tbh. I probably bitched about it a little last year but that's just cause I'm greedy and want the Spurs to sign everyone for cheap so we can always try to make a little splash in free agency.

tholdren
07-03-2014, 07:42 PM
I'm proud of you. You didn't mention Splitter in that last post. Not even once!
I appreciate your concern, and find it flattering that you are keeping such a close eye, and responding to my posts.

Darkwaters
07-03-2014, 07:45 PM
I appreciate your concern, and find it flattering that you are keeping such a close eye, and responding to my posts.

No problem. Every forum needs a mascot.

tholdren
07-03-2014, 07:47 PM
No problem. Every forum needs a mascot.
and a cookie monster avatar

Darkwaters
07-03-2014, 07:59 PM
and a cookie monster avatar

Damn straight. Ever since 2010 or so.

Obstructed_View
07-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Let's see here...

If Splitter isn't on the team, and playing his ass off, the Spurs are the only team in NBA history to get beat by an 8 seed twice (Remember, they lost to Memphis because Pop wouldn't put Splitter in the rotation). Oh, also, no subsequent championship run this year when they get sent packing by Dallas.

Splitter defended the shit out of Dirk Nowitzki and LaMarcus Aldridge in successive series, most notably Aldridge, who had come off a series of skullfucking The Black Kevin Love (AKA, The Best Defender In Tha Wurld). LaMarcus has Boris Diaw and Garbage Time to thank for his numbers not being outright embarrassing against the Spurs.

So a title and great defense against some of the most difficult covers in the league. If that faggoty little hookshot never goes in, his contract is still a fuckin' bargain.

tbh

manufan10
07-03-2014, 09:55 PM
rryLxYYaBpE

ChumpDumper
07-03-2014, 10:21 PM
typical hyped answer that totally negates splitters offense or a 10 mil contract who is useless in the WCF and Finals. Although, I think this year was his best playoffs, just by my observation and without looking at stats. The impact he made in dallas was huge but he showed 0 sign of being worth 10 times blair, and that's what my argument amounts to. Is his contract worth his production. I dont think so. He didnt outplay blair during the series, their per game stats are almost identical.If you're saying the Spurs would have won the championship with Blair instead of Splitter, you're completely insane.

Obstructed_View
07-03-2014, 10:51 PM
40 points, 37 rebounds 13 FTA, 1 assist, 1 suspension against the second team.
75 points, 63 rebounds, 30 FTA, 16 assist against the starters.

Didn't outplay Blair, huh?

Baam
07-03-2014, 10:59 PM

Blair was suspended, raw stats are disingenuous at best...

T Park
07-03-2014, 11:00 PM
Chris Kaman just got the MLE for 2 years. The contract improves more...

T Park
07-03-2014, 11:00 PM

You're a fucking lunatic.

Obstructed_View
07-03-2014, 11:06 PM

Blair was suspended because he decided to kick someone in the head. Denying that a guy's ability to make decisions when it matters is important is disingenuous at best.

So if actual statistics don't work, what would you like to use? There's probably some way you can manipulate Blair's backup duty to make it look better, so get to work. Good luck proving he outplayed Splitter.

spurs1990
07-03-2014, 11:11 PM
I was furious when they gave him that contract last summer.

And then the 2014 playoffs happened.

Obstructed_View
07-03-2014, 11:14 PM

Pretty much this. Anyone who thinks he didn't earn his money must have missed that thing with the boats on the riverwalk a few weeks ago.

TheyCallMePro
07-03-2014, 11:16 PM
I'm still in shock that Avery Bradley just signed a 4 year/32 million extension. Patty Mills is 10x the player he is, and he only got 3 years/12 million? That's just tragic.

I feel sorry for Celtics fans. Their team is going to be even worse than it was from 1991-2007, and that's saying something. Avery Bradley is damn scrub who can't shoot a lick, and the only thing he does well is defend. I don't even consider him a decent player. He's below average, and he just made super-quality role player money. This is why the Spurs are the best organization. Something like this would NEVER HAPPEN here. The Celtics just crippled their team. Unbelievable. Wow. It's going to take me a few days to get over this, for real. Every time I think about it I just...damn.

Obstructed_View
07-03-2014, 11:18 PM
I'm still in shock that Avery Bradley just signed a 4 year/32 million extension. Patty Mills is 10x the player he is, and he only got 3 years/12 million? That's just tragic. And sad.

Avery Bradley is a kickass defender when he's healthy. I'm a bit in shock that he's rewarded for that financially.

TheyCallMePro
07-03-2014, 11:27 PM
I will henceforth know Avery Bradley as 'The Leprechaun'

spurs1990
07-03-2014, 11:42 PM
I'm still in shock that Avery Bradley just signed a 4 year/32 million extension. Patty Mills is 10x the player he is, and he only got 3 years/12 million? That's just tragic.

I feel sorry for Celtics fans. Their team is going to be even worse than it was from 1991-2007, and that's saying something. Avery Bradley is damn scrub who can't shoot a lick, and the only thing he does well is defend. I don't even consider him a decent player. He's below average, and he just made super-quality role player money. This is why the Spurs are the best organization. Something like this would NEVER HAPPEN here. The Celtics just crippled their team. Unbelievable. Wow. It's going to take me a few days to get over this, for real. Every time I think about it I just...damn.

I think Mills got a fair deal considering his contribution after 3 seasons.

He didn't see much court action during the first 2 seasons, certainly not in the postseason.

In 2014 he came in in great shape but didn't put more than 20 minutes per game in. Granted the postseason contribution was amazing and I do believe he rode that wave of momentum in getting a 3 year deal.

By the way I'm not trying to disparage what Mills did or will do but I want to put his salary in an appropriate light. Not to mention he is my favorite Spur at the moment so I am all for him getting paid, period point blank.

mystargtr34
07-03-2014, 11:43 PM
Avery Bradley is a kickass defender when he's healthy. I'm a bit in shock that he's rewarded for that financially.

Haven't seen you around in a while..welcome back!

Obstructed_View
07-04-2014, 12:15 AM
Haven't seen you around in a while..welcome back!
Thanks, bud. I appreciate it. My dad got really sick before Christmas and died right before the playoffs. Was kind of a rotten year.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-04-2014, 12:56 AM

No, actually, I was one of the ones calmly explaining Splitter's value in terms of high level defense, great passing, decent finishing and calm demeanour, not to mention continued improvement, and that big men get paid. And so were many of there other people. So STFU.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-04-2014, 01:03 AM

Appreciate your honesty.

Even average big men get overpaid in the NBA, and Splitter is well above average with his defense and basketball smarts, so a deal around 9mil was never a bad number for him. Unfortunately, the Heat were a terrible matchup for Splitter, and that poisoned him in many minds even though he'd been important in earlier rounds and very solid all year against the teams he's there to play.

A similar analogy applies to Gortat: is he worth 12mil over 5 years at age 30? Upon first inspection probably not, but you may only regret the 5th year of that deal (he doesn't have a lot of miles on the clock and should have game into his mid 30s), he's a beloved team-mate, fan favourite, and a great pnr partner for Wall and Beal. So you overpay a little to keep him, especially in an off-season awash with teams with capspace.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-04-2014, 01:05 AM
Thanks, bud. I appreciate it. My dad got really sick before Christmas and died right before the playoffs. Was kind of a rotten year.

Sorry to hear that, mate. My father is in his 70s with slowly declining health and I dread that day. :(

Nice to see you here though. All the best in this tough time.

Ruff

Obstructed_View
07-04-2014, 01:05 AM
The Heat were a terrible matchup for Splitter, and he still played great on both ends coming off the bench, with all the energy he usually brings, and no drama.

Obstructed_View
07-04-2014, 01:08 AM
Sorry to hear that, mate. My father is in his 70s with slowly declining health and I dread that day. :(

Nice to see you here though. All the best in this tough time.

Ruff

Nice to talk about stuff that, though important to us, doesn't really mean anything. It's a good escape.

mystargtr34
07-04-2014, 01:35 AM

Thats tough mate, sorry to hear.

Good to have ya back!

ezau
07-04-2014, 04:47 AM
Splitter was fucking crucial against Dallas and Portland this playoffs. He wasn't that effective against OKC and the Heat, but Splitter remained useful even for stretches.

Slippy
07-04-2014, 05:56 AM
The Heat were a terrible matchup for Splitter, and he still played great on both ends coming off the bench, with all the energy he usually brings, and no drama.

exactly. a win win for the Spurs and Splitter coming off the bench. The focus shouldn't be about match-ups more about what posi he needed to play at to succeed against the likes of OKC and Miami. Glad to see Pop's faith never wavered unlike some of our fans.

tholdren
07-04-2014, 07:08 AM

LOL at your dumb, dumb, dumb "evidence" IF you take these and make them somewhat comparable, ie per game, throwing away the 4 minutes Blair played in one, then you would see that they come out to something around

9/9/3STL
10/8/2APG

TAKE IT IN CONTEXT

tholdren
07-04-2014, 07:12 AM
rryLxYYaBpE
And again, repping a 17/12 night because its so RARE. He had 5 double doubles all last year.

The whole defense thing is overplayed, in the finals he was getting lit up by perimeter players in the paint

tholdren
07-04-2014, 07:22 AM
Pretty much this. Anyone who thinks he didn't earn his money must have missed that thing with the boats on the riverwalk a few weeks ago.

Bullshit, we were a kick in the head from getting beat by dallas, Splitter or no-Splitter. Blair outplayed him. So to sit here and say that he "won us a ring" is ignorant considering the fact that he was 5/4 Guy in the WCF and the Finals getting the shit kicked out of him by Ibaka, Perkins, and any other guard driving in the lane.

I will be the first one to admit that he played great against Dallas, and good in Portland, and then 2 meh series. Vast improvement during his years here, so its a start. But until he plays like the Dallas series all the way through, then he's not worth 10 million, to me. But then again I dont get excited about 5ppg4 rpg from a 10 million dollar man, and that may be where the difference comes.

ChumpDumper
07-04-2014, 10:15 AM
LOL at your dumb, dumb, dumb "evidence" IF you take these and make them somewhat comparable, ie per game, throwing away the 4 minutes Blair played in one, then you would see that they come out to something around

9/9/3STL
10/8/2APG

TAKE IT IN CONTEXTOK, once and for all: are you saying the Spurs would have won the title this season with Blair instead of Splitter?

Yes or no.

Obstructed_View
07-04-2014, 11:12 AM

9/9/3STL
10/8/2APG

TAKE IT IN CONTEXT
The context is that Blair's defense is so bad that Splitter could put up numbers like that against him when Blair is in the middle of the series of his fucking life.

Obstructed_View
07-04-2014, 11:13 AM
And again, repping a 17/12 night because its so RARE. He had 5 double doubles all last year.

The whole defense thing is overplayed, in the finals he was getting lit up by perimeter players in the paint
Waiting for a list of the perimeter players for the Spurs that lit him up.

Obstructed_View
07-04-2014, 11:18 AM
Bullshit, we were a kick in the head from getting beat by dallas, Splitter or no-Splitter. Blair outplayed him.

No Splitter, the Spurs lose that series in five games. Instead they won a title. Again, what part of that don't you understand?

I will be the first one to admit that he played great against Dallas,

Wait, whut?

tholdren
07-04-2014, 11:44 AM
The context is that Blair's defense is so bad that Splitter could put up numbers like that against him when Blair is in the middle of the series of his fucking life.
fail bro

tholdren
07-04-2014, 11:59 AM
No Splitter, the Spurs lose that series in five games. Instead they won a title. Again, what part of that don't you understand?

Wait, whut?

It's really difficult to understand. When you can parade posts like this around and actually believe it

Let's see here...

If Splitter isn't on the team, and playing his ass off, the Spurs are the only team in NBA history to get beat by an 8 seed twice (Remember, they lost to Memphis because Pop wouldn't put Splitter in the rotation). Oh, also, no subsequent championship run this year when they get sent packing by Dallas.

Splitter defended the shit out of Dirk Nowitzki and LaMarcus Aldridge in successive series, most notably Aldridge, who had come off a series of skullfucking The Black Kevin Love (AKA, The Best Defender In Tha Wurld). LaMarcus has Boris Diaw and Garbage Time to thank for his numbers not being outright embarrassing against the Spurs.

So a title and great defense against some of the most difficult covers in the league. If that faggoty little hookshot never goes in, his contract is still a fuckin' bargain.

tbh

Then get panty-bunched when the same hypothetical from the opposite view comes in. How can you get all worked up, if I give you the counter-claim to your argument? If you can't fathom Dallas beating Spurs with Blair, then there is no way you can say Tiago saved the Spurs or that Baynes wouldn't have done the same as Splitter. It's all never going to be decided/confirmed.

I understand your opinion, and I think that Tiago, if he plays like the few games he did in Dallas every game, may not be a shitty contract. But for now, and if he doesnt put up the numbers or PLAY WELL IN THE BIGGEST GAMES/SERIES of the year, 10 million is not worth it. If he can improve this coming year, I will be the first to admit that the contract wasn't bad.
??

ChumpDumper
07-04-2014, 12:05 PM

9/9/3STL
10/8/2APG

TAKE IT IN CONTEXT

OK, once and for all: are you saying the Spurs would have won the title this season with Blair instead of Splitter?

Yes or no.

tholdren
07-04-2014, 12:08 PM
We will never know

Jenks
07-04-2014, 12:14 PM
Yeah I wish that Splitter guy would start earning his < 10m a year.

http://i.imgur.com/oFmLYNq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/khFhy60.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YTK7Nnh.jpg

tholdren
07-04-2014, 12:21 PM
Yeah I wish that Splitter guy would start earning his < 10m a year.

http://i.imgur.com/oFmLYNq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/khFhy60.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YTK7Nnh.jpg
So Tony Parker should be paid less than Baynes and Mills? And Boris should sign with us for less than Mills? Based on your stats.... \

Dejuan Blair Playoff Advanced LAST YEAR:

2012-13 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/blairde01/gamelog/2013/)
SAS (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2013.html)
NBA (http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2013.html)
PF

Blew Splitter out of the water.

Playoffs Advanced Glossary · SHARE · Embed · CSV · Export · PRE · LINK (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2013.html#playoffs_advanced::23) · ?

Rk
Player
MP
PER
TS%
eFG%
FTr
3PAr
ORB%
DRB%
TRB%
AST%
STL%
BLK%
TOV%
USG%
ORtg
DRtg
OWS
DWS
WS
WS/48 ▾

DeJuan Blair (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/blairde01.html)
12 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/blairde01/gamelog/2013/)

Kawhi Leonard (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leonaka01.html)
21 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leonaka01/gamelog/2013/)

Nando De Colo (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/decolna01.html)
5 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/decolna01/gamelog/2013/)

Matt Bonner (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bonnema01.html)
20 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bonnema01/gamelog/2013/)

Tim Duncan (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duncati01.html)
21 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duncati01/gamelog/2013/)

Danny Green (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greenda02.html)
21 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greenda02/gamelog/2013/)

Tony Parker (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01.html)
21 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01/gamelog/2013/)

Tiago Splitter (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/splitti01.html)
19 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/splitti01/gamelog/2013/)

Patrick Mills (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/millspa02.html)
9 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/millspa02/gamelog/2013/)

Manu Ginobili (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/ginobma01.html)
21 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/ginobma01/gamelog/2013/)

Boris Diaw (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/diawbo01.html)
16 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/diawbo01/gamelog/2013/)

Aron Baynes (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/baynear01.html)
4 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/baynear01/gamelog/2013/)

Cory Joseph (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/josepco01.html)
20 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/josepco01/gamelog/2013/)

Gary Neal (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/nealga01.html)
21 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/nealga01/gamelog/2013/)

Tracy McGrady (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mcgratr01.html)
6 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mcgratr01/gamelog/2013/)

Jenks
07-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Based on your stats.... \
They're not "my" stats, they're stats.

Dejuan Blair Playoff Advanced LAST YEAR:

PF

Blew Splitter out of the water.

Yeah, and who was guarding Blair 99% of the time? Do you watch the games?

tholdren
07-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Yeah, and who was guarding Blair 99% of the time? Do you watch the games?

Yes, and I record them. So basically, what you're telling me is this:

"Tiago has better stats than anyone, so I can post the stats, and everyone should take them as they are. When Tiago has worse stats than someone, I will try to deflect by asking a question even I dont know the answer to."

The funny thing is, the highlight video posted on Splitter should have you begging the same question: who is defending tiago = Dirk....

ChumpDumper
07-04-2014, 12:39 PM
We will never knowWhat a cop out.

Chinook
07-04-2014, 12:49 PM
You've got to give tholdren the nod on this one. He's wrong about Splitter, but advanced stats don't suggest it.

Jenks
07-04-2014, 04:57 PM
You've got to give tholdren the nod on this one. He's wrong about Splitter, but advanced stats don't suggest it.Highest win share/48 and 3rd highest per on the team makes 8-10m/y a bad contract? What?

Chinook
07-04-2014, 04:59 PM
Highest win share/48 and 3rd highest per on the team makes 8-10m/y a bad contract? What?

He's right that Blair had a good 2013 playoff run himself, statistically.

Jenks
07-04-2014, 05:01 PM
He's right that Blair had a good 2013 playoff run himself, statistically.Why does Blair going to town on Duncan have anything to do with Splitter's contract

Chinook
07-04-2014, 05:02 PM
Why does Blair going to town on Duncan have anything to do with Splitter's contract

It doesn't.

Taking it to the Hole
07-04-2014, 05:20 PM
I like Splitter. It is just he is not a starting caliber center statistically speaking. He did redeem himself this post-season partially from his performance last year but for the money he is getting is just too much. I just wish he would learn how to dunk a ball occasionally when he is two feet from the basket rather than trying to lay it up. The one facet of Splitter's game that I really dislike is his lack of aggressiveness when he is put in post up situations. If he developed just a little bit of a mean streak, he could really put up some numbers.

RD2191
07-04-2014, 05:22 PM
I like Splitter. It is just he is not a starting caliber center statistically speaking. He did redeem himself this post-season partially from his performance last year but for the money he is getting is just too much. I just wish he would learn how to dunk a ball occasionally when he is two feet from the basket rather than trying to lay it up. The one facet of Splitter's game that I really dislike is his lack of aggressiveness when he is put in post up situations. If he developed just a little bit of a mean streak, he could really put up some numbers.
What a terrible take. And that's coming from me. Splitter was signed and is a starter because of his defense. Anything he gives on offense is just a bonus. Come on son.

tholdren
07-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Why does Blair going to town on Duncan have anything to do with Splitter's contract

I think you are confused on the year I cited. I cited 2 playoffs ago. The last year for Blair, and Splitter's previous contracted year (the one that lead to his 10mil a year salary). Even though Blair beat the living shit out of Splitter's stats, which you cited are indicative to his salary of 10 million a year, I am posing that your use of stats is not the whole story. If it were, by your own argument, Blair should be getting MILLIONS more than Splitter, since Blair TRIPLED his PER and more than DOUBLED his win share during their previous contracts and the playoffs.

THIS YEAR - DJB STILL HAS BETTER STATS- even though you claim that Splitter's stats warrant 10 million dollars
Playoffs Advanced Glossary · SHARE · Embed · CSV · Export · PRE · LINK (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/blairde01.html#playoffs_advanced::none) · ?

Season
Lg
Pos
G
MP
PER
TS%
eFG%
FTr
3PAr
ORB%
DRB%
TRB%
AST%
STL%
BLK%
TOV%
USG%
ORtg
DRtg
OWS
DWS
WS
WS/48

2009-10 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/blairde01/gamelog/2010/)
SAS (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2010.html)
NBA (http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2010.html)
PF

2010-11 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/blairde01/gamelog/2011/)
SAS (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2011.html)
NBA (http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2011.html)
PF

2011-12 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/blairde01/gamelog/2012/)
SAS (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2012.html)
NBA (http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2012.html)
PF

PF

2013-14 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/blairde01/gamelog/2014/)
DAL (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DAL/2014.html)
NBA (http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2014.html)
PF

Career

NBA

4 seasons

SAS (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/)
NBA

1 season

DAL (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DAL/)
NBA

Over their ENTIRE CAREER Blair has the better Advanced Playoff stats. Blair is a dumber version of Manu. He takes risks defensively. When he hits they pay-off and can be momentum changing. When he misses, he just looks fat and slow. IMO He didnt get the time and effort that Splitter got, and mostly, due to his own terrible attitude and work ethic. Splitter is a good fit for us, he's improving, but I dont believe he's worth more than: Boris, Tim, Tony, Manu, Patty, Danny, or Kawhi. Splitter has shown about 2 games where he is capable of changing momentum; his awesome passing in the dallas series (which was basically negated by Blairs defense and hustle plays) and his block on Wade. More oft than not, he's the one getting outrebounded or dunked on, or blocked.

Taking it to the Hole
07-04-2014, 05:36 PM
What a terrible take. And that's coming from me. Splitter was signed and is a starter because of his defense. Anything he gives on offense is just a bonus. Come on son.

My issue is with his mentality. He did play very well defensively this postseason but his lack of aggressiveness was shown when Pop pulled the plug and inserted Diaw who performed much better than Splitter did in the Finals. I am saying that if he is a starter, he should want to improve offensively and not be content with just put backs or easy lay-ups. His post game has improved but it is nowhere near the caliber of the better starting centers in the league.

tholdren
07-04-2014, 05:52 PM
My issue is with his mentality. He did play very well defensively this postseason but his lack of aggressiveness was shown when Pop pulled the plug and inserted Diaw who performed much better than Splitter did in the Finals. I am saying that if he is a starter, he should want to improve offensively and not be content with just put backs or easy lay-ups. His post game has improved but it is nowhere near the caliber of the better starting centers in the league.

And that is the issue, because almost all the bigs are TERRIBLE today.

Jenks
07-04-2014, 06:09 PM
I thought you were trying to be funny, I didn't realize you were actually arguing that Blair is better than Splitter. The guy gets 15mpg behind fucking Dalembert, I mean rofl come on guy.

I also don't think you have any concept of the price of quality big men in the NBA. The idea that Patty Mills should have a bigger contract than Tiago Splitter in the NBA in 2014 makes you a bonafide retard.

Baam
07-04-2014, 06:13 PM
Bottom line is Splitter is situational role player who lost his spot to Bonner and as such he's overpaid...

Baam
07-04-2014, 06:15 PM

His post game didnt improve, it still doesn't exist... He has a better shot at developping a jumper...

Jenks
07-04-2014, 06:18 PM
Bottom line is Splitter is situational role player who lost his spot to Bonner and as such he's overpaid...Are you under the impression that Manu lost the starting job to Michael Finley? I'm just wondering how far you'd take this retarded line of trolling.

Baam
07-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Are you under the impression that Manu lost the starting job to Michael Finley? I'm just wondering how far you'd take this retarded line of trolling.

Manu was never turned into a cheerleader :lol. Splitter cant post up even point guards or shoot thus he always end up being owned in the POs when it gets tough...

Useless against a 25% Ibaka and 2013 Finals worst player on either sides...

Knoxxx
07-04-2014, 06:24 PM
His post game didnt improve, it still doesn't exist... He has a better shot at developping a jumper...But hes great at reverse layups and kicking the ball out to wide open though sometimes surprised 3 point shooters.

Jenks
07-04-2014, 06:25 PM
Manu was never turned into a cheerleader :lol.
Neither was Splitter :lol

Try again?

DocDoc
07-04-2014, 08:56 PM
You've got to give tholdren the nod on this one. He's wrong about Splitter, but advanced stats don't suggest it.

You have to look at minutes played. Sample size in the playoffs is small anyway and when you basically play very few minutes, it gets skewed farther. One of the reasons Bonner's stats overrate him is the sample size.

This year's playoffs, DeJuan 81 minutes in 6 games, Splitter 516 minutes in 23 games. WS/48 was .255 for DJB, .239 for Splitter. So, if you want to argue that DJB was better in that small sample, go ahead. However, LeBron was only at .270 for the playoffs. You willing to argue that DJB is almost as good as LeBron? Duncan was at .204 - you want to claim that DJB is better than Duncan?

If you look at regular season stats, where you have more data, DJB WS/48 was .133, Splitter was just below Duncan at .163.

Darkwaters
07-04-2014, 09:33 PM

Seriously? Are you unfamiliar with the typical starting center in the NBA?

Knoxxx
07-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Splitters contract was his one big NBA payday and he's a team guy, knows our system, and plays elite perimeter defense as well as pick and roll offense and defense.

This is a classic case of the numbers don't tell the whole story, stop hating on Tiago! (yes I too wish he could hit more than 1 out of 5 attempts on that "faggy" hook shot)

Obstructed_View
07-09-2014, 09:41 AM
After seeing Frye and Kaman's contracts, nobody should think Splitter's contract is bad.

Mel_13
07-09-2014, 09:45 AM
After seeing Frye and Kaman's contracts, nobody should think Splitter's contract is bad.

Just wait. The usual suspects will be back.