PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Can Someone Explain This Clippers Like Curse of the Los Angeles Lakers

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2014, 07:26 AM
Something in my soul is giving me a bad vibes about the Lakers fortunes or should I say misfortune. With the recent revelation of how secretly horrible of a human being that Donald Sterling is I'm convinced his NBA luck has suffered all these years because of it....it also begs the question what kind of skeletons is Fredo and Chazz carrying around that has so cursed us....it's clear we're not going to sign a single FA this year or next. We're done until Kobe retires and Fredo & Chazz walks away with their Sterling like curse. Lakers won't be competing again until we start consistently losing and continually drafting good players...that means we're about 5 yrs away from being back in the play-offs...even when Kobe retires we're done for awhile...we need to completely give up on the idea of free agents....we're officially looking up at Bobcats of the NBA....

On the flip side the Spurs success is clearly a result of the basketball gods approval of the Spurs riding the social change wave of having a gay superstar on their team.....

#no Lowry, No Melo, No Ariza, No Gasol, No Love, No Westbrook, No Durant..it's all a pipe dream

however yes to
# Swaggy P, Nash, J. Randle, Kent Bazemore, and LOL@ Byron clueless Scott

#Kobe is fucked

07-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Pity post

djohn2oo8
07-03-2014, 08:37 AM
http://dy.snimg.com/story-image/3/10/4463077/138438-650-366.jpg

Thread
07-03-2014, 08:38 AM
^Without him we're light two NBA Titles.

~O~
07-03-2014, 08:38 AM
This is how rebuilding works. Its a process that isn't instantaneous. You'll have to go a couple of years without contention because of Kobe's extended contract and miss out on the best players in free agency. This is how it feels to not be spoiled by taking shortcuts with instant results.

Thread
07-03-2014, 08:39 AM
This is how rebuilding works. Its a process that isn't instantaneous. You'll have to go a couple of years without contention because of Kobe's extended contract and miss out on the best players in free agency. This is how it feels to not be spoiled by taking shortcuts with instant results.

It was still nice findin' your weak ass in '09.

Danka.

~O~
07-03-2014, 09:03 AM
It was still nice findin' your weak ass in '09.

Danka.

Yeah. The Magic weren't good enough that year. I can defend that. They were good enough the next year to beat that team though.

But then..things...took a WINCE.

djohn2oo8
07-03-2014, 09:19 AM
^Without him we're light two NBA Titles.
Without Ronnie.

HemisfairArena
07-03-2014, 09:20 AM
My work here is done. After witnessing the Spurs win another title,,,,it was just as important to get the message across that the Lakers have fallen mightly and may take decades to rebound. Their fans were filled with grand delusions of landing Calipari or Ollie,,,,landing LeBron, Melo, Love, and Durant,,,imposing their will on the league as they saw fit. Their franchise is crumbling fast and their fans are finally realizing this which leaves me nothing else to do be weep for there are no more worlds to conquer. The bagth haveth crushed them all,,,,

Mel_13
07-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Something in my soul is giving me a bad vibes about the Lakers fortunes or should I say misfortune. With the recent revelation of how secretly horrible of a human being that Donald Sterling is I'm convinced his NBA luck has suffered all these years because of it....it also begs the question what kind of skeletons is Fredo and Chazz carrying around that has so cursed us....it's clear we're not going to sign a single FA this year or next. We're done until Kobe retires and Fredo & Chazz walks away with their Sterling like curse. Lakers won't be competing again until we start consistently losing and continually drafting good players...that means we're about 5 yrs away from being back in the play-offs...even when Kobe retires we're done for awhile...we need to completely give up on the idea of free agents....we're officially looking up at Bobcats of the NBA....

On the flip side the Spurs success is clearly a result of the basketball gods approval of the Spurs riding the social change wave of having a gay superstar on their team.....

#no Lowry, No Melo, No Ariza, No Gasol, No Love, No Westbrook, No Durant..it's all a pipe dream

however yes to
# Swaggy P, Nash, J. Randle, Kent Bazemore, and LOL@ Byron clueless Scott

#Kobe is fucked

The chickens have finally come home to roost:

"In the 1970s, Sterling got to know Jerry Buss, then a chemist who was also an LA real estate investor. In May 1979, Buss was set to buy the Lakers, but 15 hours before the purchase deadline he was still $2.7 million shy of the needed cash. So he called Sterling, who covered part of the shortfall by buying a group of 11 Santa Monica apartment buildings from Buss. Soon after, the San Diego Clippers were on the block, and Buss suggested his pal buy them. And so in 1981, Sterling acquired the franchise for $12.7 million."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2047331-lakers-insider-how-jerry-buss-put-donald-sterling-in-the-nba-and-vice-versa

Without Sterling, you're light 10.

Thread
07-03-2014, 09:35 AM
Without Sterling, you're light 10.

With Pop you're light 1.

Mel_13
07-03-2014, 09:37 AM
With Pop you're light 1.

10>1

Thread
07-03-2014, 09:41 AM
10>1

Relax, Mel, I'm just checkin' assholes.

Mel_13
07-03-2014, 09:42 AM
And Good Morning to you, Cully.

Thread
07-03-2014, 09:42 AM
And Good Morning to you, Cully.

I apologize, Mel. Sorry.

Clipper Nation
07-03-2014, 10:01 AM
With Pop you're light 1.
With Kirby, you're light 2.

2>1.

Let us proceed....

Thread
07-03-2014, 10:02 AM
With Kirby, you're light 2.

2>1.

Let us proceed....

Morning, fishhead.

Clipper Nation
07-03-2014, 10:04 AM
Morning, fishhead.
The ticket.

(Any response to this with a term used to describe Asian people means you admit that Kirby is the TOSB & Duncan>Kirby.)

Thread
07-03-2014, 10:06 AM
The ticket.

(Any response to this with a term used to describe Asian people means you admit that Kirby is the TOSB & Duncan>Kirby.)

Hey, coolie.

Clipper Nation
07-03-2014, 10:07 AM
Hey, coolie.
Dale, admitting that Duncan>Kirby & Kirby dons the bag.

Killakobe81
07-03-2014, 10:09 AM
SO we may not get any big fish? Relax. We will be back it just will take some time padawan. We must unlearn what we have learned. No quick fixes in this new CBA.

Mugen
07-03-2014, 10:11 AM
I apologize, Mel. Sorry.

Spitshine Cubby'

Thread
07-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Dale, admitting that Duncan>Kirby & Kirby dons the bag.

Morning, coinslot.

Thread
Spitshine Cubby'

When you're wrong yer wrong. I was wrong.

CavsSuperFan
What is comical about the new CBA is that it not only penalizes the Lakers for spending money but it also requires the Clippers to start spending money…Clippers have lived off of Lakers food stamps for decades…Sterling has been voted the worst Team owner time & time again…The recent revelations about his bizarre thought process have been know for decades…How dumb is it to tell Stiviano to not bring Magic to the games, when it is Magic who elevated the NBA to the status that it is today…Before Magic the NBA was rated behind hockey and that was when most people had a 19” TV where you could not even follow the puck…

Thread
07-03-2014, 10:24 AM
What is comical about the new CBA is that it not only penalizes the Lakers for spending money but it also requires the Clippers to start spending money…Clippers have lived off of Lakers food stamps for decades…Sterling has been voted the worst Team owner time & time again…The recent revelations about his bizarre thought process have been know for decades…How dumb is it to tell Stiviano to not bring Magic to the games, when it is Magic who elevated the NBA to the status that it is today…Before Magic the NBA was rated behind hockey and that was when most people had a 19” TV where you could not even follow the puck…

Don't fret, they showed Sterling...Silver lynched him.

Clipper Nation
07-03-2014, 10:27 AM
What is comical about the new CBA is that it not only penalizes the Lakers for spending money but it also requires the Clippers to start spending money…
They started spending money with the move to Staples and especially when Dumbleavy was hired, not the new CBA....

Clippers have lived off of Lakers food stamps for decades…
And Jerry bought the Lakers with Sterling food stamps :lol

CavsSuperFan
07-03-2014, 10:36 AM
Sterling loaning, What was it 20 mil? To Dr Buss is the best investment he ever made…
Sterling has been riding Dr Buss coattails ever since…:smokin

baseline bum
07-03-2014, 10:42 AM

LOL Phoenix and Orlando get 2 of their next 3 first round picks.

~O~
07-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Oh crap..they do.

2017 pick to be exact.

Splits
07-03-2014, 11:25 AM
2015 first round draft pick to PhoenixL.A. Lakers' 1st round pick to Phoenix protected for selections 1-5 in 2015, 1-3 in 2016 or 1-3 in 2017 or unprotected in 2018

2015 second round draft pick to Orlando
L.A. Lakers' 2015 2nd round pick to Orlando protected for selections 31-40 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then the L.A. Lakers' obligation to Orlando will be extinguished)

2017 first round draft pick to Orlando
If at least two years after the L.A. Lakers conveyed a 1st round pick to Phoenix, then the L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick to Orlando protected for selections 1-5 in 2017 or 1-5 in 2018 or unprotected in 2019; if the L.A. Lakers have not conveyed a 1st round pick to Phoenix by 2017, then the L.A. Lakers will instead convey their 2017 2nd round pick and 2018 2nd round pick to Orlando

And next year's 2nd rounder :lmao Lakers will have no picks next year.

I still can't believe they didn't lottery protect those 1sts, now they can't even tank. Total front office malfeasance.

MarioSpeedwagon
07-03-2014, 11:42 AM
http://dy.snimg.com/story-image/3/10/4463077/138438-650-366.jpg
You'd think since he's so rich he'd at least be able to have white teeth. I mean cmon don't fail at every single thing now

Thread
07-03-2014, 11:43 AM
You'd think since he's so rich he'd at least be able to have white teeth. I mean cmon don't fail at every single thing now

Without Jim Buss we're light 2 NBA Titles.

MarioSpeedwagon
07-03-2014, 11:44 AM
Without Jim Buss we're light 2 NBA Titles.
How?

Splits
07-03-2014, 11:44 AM
How?

Some madeup story about retaining Bynum in 3.... 2...

Thread
07-03-2014, 11:45 AM
How?

He insisted they draft Bynum. He insisted that Bynum stay when Kobe tried to run him off. Without Bynum we're light 2 NBA Titles ('09/'10).

Thread
07-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Some madeup story about retaining Bynum in 3.... 2...

Well, of course you don't want to hear it. When it was popular to cite him for pissing off everybody and insisting on drafting Bynum & repudiating Kobe it was great "press." Not so much after the 2 NBA Titles. What, you thought I wasn't comin' back over the top when the worm turned?

Please.

Splits
07-03-2014, 11:48 AM
He insisted they draft Bynum. He insisted that Bynum stay when Kobe tried to run him off. Without Bynum we're light 2 NBA Titles ('09/'10).

And look at Bynum now, the poor slug. He wasted his knees, athleticism,,, his CAREER carrying TOSB Kirby to 2 titles. Lord!

Thread
And look at Bynum now, the poor slug. He wasted his knees, athleticism,,, his CAREER carrying TOSB Kirby to 2 titles. Lord!

The Bag stays in Texas.

MarioSpeedwagon
Bynum was on one leg both times they won. I think he averaged something like 8 and 5 in the playoffs those years. Made little difference. I have a hard time believing his dad and Mitch couldn't find a guy to give em 8 and 5 in the playoffs

Thread
07-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Bynum was on one leg both times they won. I think he averaged 8 and 5 in the playoffs those years. Made little difference. I have a hard time believing his dad and Mitch couldn't find a guy to give em 8 and 5 in the playoffs

Not everything is numbers, squirt.

Bynum left Howard where he found him, dead in the ground. When Perkins fell down in '10 Wallace took one look at Andrew and headed for the officiating.

MarioSpeedwagon
07-03-2014, 11:57 AM
yeah, Howard was probably blown away by the 6 points and 3 rebounds he averaged in that playoffs http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bynuman01.html?mobile=false

MarioSpeedwagon
07-03-2014, 11:58 AM
The next year he limped to 8 and 6 in the playoffs. Can get that kind of production off the waiver wire

Thread
07-03-2014, 11:59 AM
yeah, Howard was probably blown away by the 6 points and 3 rebounds he averaged in that playoffs http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bynuman01.html?mobile=false

Like I said not everything is numbers, but, I'm wasting my time with you. You're uttering Spurs speak.

MarioSpeedwagon
07-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Oh, yeah its way too deep for me to understand how game changing his 6 points and 3 rebounds was in that playoffs

Thread
07-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Oh, yeah its way too deep for me to understand how game changing his 6 points and 3 rebounds was in that playoffs

Exactly.

MarioSpeedwagon
07-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Sorreeee bro.....2deep4u

ambchang
07-03-2014, 12:10 PM
How?

A long chain of twisted logic.

You can make the case that without the janitor, the Lakers players would be turned off by the human fluids left after one of Kobe's rapes, leading to disgust of players who refuse to play for the Lakers, and thus the Lakers would not be able to win in 09 and 10.

This means that that janitor directly and singlehandedly won two titles for the Lakers.

Thread
07-03-2014, 12:17 PM
A long chain of twisted logic.

You can make the case that without the janitor, the Lakers players would be turned off by the human fluids left after one of Kobe's rapes, leading to disgust of players who refuse to play for the Lakers, and thus the Lakers would not be able to win in 09 and 10.

This means that that janitor directly and singlehandedly won two titles for the Lakers.

Here, I'll boil it down for ya:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 5

RsxPiimp
07-03-2014, 12:26 PM
It's karma for how we treated Lamar and Phil Jackson.

kobe4life
07-03-2014, 12:27 PM
There is no curse on the Lakers this is just a minor down period. Believe the Lakers have God and when you have God on your side there is no curse. I can't wait to see God celebrate his 6th title next summer. Its going to be great watching you guys eat crow.

BlackSwordsMan
07-03-2014, 12:31 PM
Cubby my asshole needs some checking how does it look
Kobe : 5
Duncan : 5

Thread
07-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Cubby my asshole needs some checking how does it look
Kobe : 5
Duncan : 5

The Bag stays in Texas.

Clipper Nation
07-03-2014, 12:42 PM
The Bag stays in Texas.

Kirby moved to Texas?

scanry
07-03-2014, 12:48 PM

He was trying to be gentle with the Laker fans, but it backfired. Relax O, it'll be while before they contend so no need to apply any lube son.

marzbarz
07-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Lakers will be fine, I actually see them making the playoffs next year.

ambchang
07-03-2014, 01:01 PM
Here, I'll boil it down for ya:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 5

Whatever name you give Duncan, doesn't change the fact Duncan's 5 > Kobe's 5.

Thread
07-03-2014, 01:02 PM
Whatever name you give Duncan, doesn't change the fact Duncan's 5 > Kobe's 5.

The Bag stays in Texas.

Thread
07-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Kirby moved to Texas?

Hey, coinslot.

Killakobe81
07-03-2014, 01:04 PM
And next year's 2nd rounder :lmao Lakers will have no picks next year.

I still can't believe they didn't lottery protect those 1sts, now they can't even tank. Total front office malfeasance.

Huh? If we suck we most likely get both. Next year unless what you posted is inaccurarte.

ambchang
07-03-2014, 01:11 PM
The Bag stays in Texas.

Whatever, honestly, I don't even know what this bag is about. You like you live in your own little world, which is fine.

Splits
07-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Huh? If we suck we most likely get both. Next year unless what you posted is inaccurarte.

link (http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed)

There's no way Kirbs is going to be onboard with a tankjob in one of his final 2 years, it would further belittle his shrinking legacy. The Lakers have between $28-31m in cap space to field a team which will make a run for the 8 seed. Unless Kirby has another season ending "injury" before December or is entirely washed up, the most likely scenario is missing the playoffs by a couple of games which will result in 0 picks next year.

Killakobe81
07-03-2014, 02:30 PM
link (http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed)

There's no way Kirbs is going to be onboard with a tankjob in one of his final 2 years, it would further belittle his shrinking legacy. The Lakers have between $28-31m in cap space to field a team which will make a run for the 8 seed. Unless Kirby has another season ending "injury" before December or is entirely washed up, the most likely scenario is missing the playoffs by a couple of games which will result in 0 picks next year.

SO far team has shown no willingness to dip in to long-term cap space. So we will see. I agree Kobe doesnt want us to tank but we just might not be any good.

Aztecfan03
07-03-2014, 02:51 PM
"the bag" is in LA now and you can't get rid of it.

TampaDude
07-03-2014, 03:32 PM
There is no curse. The Lakers just suck.

Thread
07-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Whatever, honestly, I don't even know what this bag is about. You like you live in your own little world, which is fine.

Your capitulation is duly noted. Wise decision.

Let us proceed...

Thread
07-03-2014, 07:33 PM
"the bag" is in LA now and you can't get rid of it.

Another piss pot chickenshit from upstairs. I spit on you.

ambchang
07-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Your capitulation is duly noted. Wise decision.

Let us proceed...

Again, you like to live in your own little imaginary world. I'm not in the business of bringing you back to reality.

Thread
07-03-2014, 10:37 PM
Again, you like to live in your own little imaginary world. I'm not in the business of bringing you back to reality.

Just don't renege on your capitulation. And I ain't fuckin' around this time.

ambchang
07-04-2014, 03:52 AM
Just don't renege on your capitulation. And I ain't fuckin' around this time.

Never even had one in the first place.