View Full Version : Terry Cummings Singing on The Living Show

Kori Ellis
08-18-2005, 04:53 PM
http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/?videoId=144091,565

ObiwanGinobili
08-18-2005, 04:58 PM
awesome. :tu
he'd such a cool guy. :)

btw- man he is just giant next to leslie.. she looks like she might blow away if he sneezed.

SpursFanDan
08-18-2005, 05:03 PM
He used to be my favorite player, For some reason, the thing that sticks out in my mind is his white armpits, weird I know.

timvp
08-18-2005, 05:17 PM
Still can't believe he tore up his knee playing pickup ball.

:pctoss

SpursFanDan
08-18-2005, 05:33 PM

I guess thats why put those clauses in the contracts now. Or you can just be like jeff kent, and break a bone while washing your truck.

sa_butta
08-18-2005, 05:36 PM
He used to be my favorite player, For some reason, the thing that sticks out in my mind is his white armpits, weird I know.:lol
me 2, I ran in to him about two years ago at North Star Mall
he is really cool and sociable.

sa_butta
08-18-2005, 05:38 PM
I guess thats why put those clauses in the contracts now. Or you can just be like jeff kent, and break a bone while washing your truck.Or Sammy Sosa getting injured sneezing.:lol

AFE7FATMAN
08-18-2005, 07:02 PM
Thanks Kori.

IMO this man never got the credit he deserved.

See my avatar

CaptainLate
08-18-2005, 08:21 PM
He used to be my favorite player...

It was a mistake to trade Alvin Robertson (the Bruce Bowen of his day). With DRob, Alvin and Sean, we had a helluva young team (and defensive, too) that would have won a title long before '99.

Obstructed_View
08-18-2005, 08:24 PM
If I remember correctly TC sang the midnight basketball theme. I don't know if they still have the commercials since I moved away. He recorded some stuff with David Robinson and someone else on the team that was a musician (probably more than one person)

drivanroca
08-18-2005, 10:33 PM
Cool!!! ;)

Marcus Bryant
08-18-2005, 10:34 PM

Ah yes, the summer of 1992. And Spurs fans complain about this one.

:sigh

Dex
08-18-2005, 11:06 PM
I guess thats why put those clauses in the contracts now. Or you can just be like jeff kent, and break a bone while washing your truck.

....how exactly DOES one break a bone while washing a vehicle?

Someone needs to brush up on their 'wax on, wax off' technique. :oops

Help us, Obi Wan Miagi. You're our only hope!

Obstructed_View
08-19-2005, 12:12 AM
I remember somebody hurting both shins walking into a waterbed or something in the early 90s. I want to say it was Willie Anderson, but I don't think it was a Spur.

Marcus Bryant
08-19-2005, 12:38 AM
Nah, Willie seemed to be able to injure his shins without walking into anything.

Ah, the early 90s, back when the Spurs backcourt couldn't hit a jumpshot.

Ishta
08-19-2005, 08:51 AM
Nah, Willie seemed to be able to injure his shins without walking into anything.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

timvp
08-19-2005, 02:39 PM

Yeah, no kidding.

In David's rookie season, the Spurs as a team hit 54 threes all SEASON. And who led them in three-pointers made?

None other than Terry Cummings with 19. He was also the only Spur to shoot higher than 29% from beyond the arc. As a point of reference, Beno Udrih hit more threes last year by himself than that whole 1990 squad did all season.

I'm surprised Whottt, our resident three-point shooting fan, didn't hang himself that year.

T Park
08-19-2005, 03:29 PM
I remember Willie Anderson and David Wingate being able to MAYBE hit one once ina while.

Sean Elliott though was not the good three point shooter yet at that time.

In fact sean wasnt a great shooter at all.

If only he could've straightened that ball rotation.....

whottt
08-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Yeah, no kidding.

In David's rookie season, the Spurs as a team hit 54 threes all SEASON. And who led them in three-pointers made?

None other than Terry Cummings with 19. He was also the only Spur to shoot higher than 29% from beyond the arc. As a point of reference, Beno Udrih hit more threes last year by himself than that whole 1990 squad did all season.

I'm surprised Whottt, our resident three-point shooting fan, didn't hang himself that year.

First of all...:tu on giving TC some props....I was despondent when he did that and it was pathetic watching him try and come back.

Secondly....I wasn't a big fan of the 3 back then and didn't think it would ever be a big thing in the NBA....I liked the running style back then...I am smarter now than I was then and have seen enough teams win to know what it takes...on a team with a dominant big...and without. Back then it was impossible to see all the teams...about the only winning I had seen in my life was the Lakers at that stage.

In fact I didn't see or understand the beauty of the 3 until Rudy T showed it to me...

I take that back...I did enjoy Wingate's 3 shooting exhibition in the 90 playoffs. It helped.

It would have been interesting to see what happened with LA if Rudy hadn't left...their fan base was bitching about all the threes...but I have a feeling if he'd been there longer they would have warmed to the concept.

Samr
08-19-2005, 07:46 PM
That is such an awsome last name.

Useruser666
08-19-2005, 08:15 PM
I have a signed audio tape of TC signing Christmas carols. :)

Knoxville Spur
08-19-2005, 11:07 PM
TC was awesome before the knee injury. The no arc jump shot was deadly and nobody wanted to bang with him in the paint. I thought that Strickland team with Willie, Sean, DRob and TC was going to win it all! Then we blow a 7 point lead with 2 mins to go and its YEARS before we ever get back in that position again (excluding the Houston Hakeem debacle where Elliot choked those free throws).

Dex
08-19-2005, 11:12 PM
As a point of reference, Beno Udrih hit more threes last year by himself than that whole 1990 squad did all season.

:wow :wow :wow

Makes me glad I was too young to really care about basketball in 1990.

Horry For 3!
08-20-2005, 02:51 AM
http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/?videoId=144091,565
Not bad singing.

Vashner
08-20-2005, 12:42 PM
I got to meet him when I worked at the Bizmart on San Pedro. Nice guy. He would come in with 50' (big Dave) sometimes too shopping various computer junk. Uh that was 1991.