View Full Version : Pacers: Trying to trade for Dragic

djohn2oo8
07-03-2014, 08:52 AM

Thread
07-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Why? I don't like it.

~O~
07-03-2014, 09:00 AM
I can see why they're trying this. George Hill has peaked and their backup point is always ass. If this is to compensate for Lance Stephenson not being retained then I'll say right now that it will possibly be enough.

Thread
07-03-2014, 09:02 AM
As long as it doesn't revolve around James they can knock themselves out.

Spurs9
07-03-2014, 09:22 AM
Are they trying to unload Shlong Hill?

Franklin
07-03-2014, 09:43 AM
Pacers need a good PG badly imho, makes sense for them.

100%duncan
07-03-2014, 09:50 AM
Good move. Now if they find a way to sell high on Hibbert. Pacers is one PG away and a competent big alongside West from being a legit contender.

Mugen
07-03-2014, 09:51 AM
A swap centered around Dragic/Lance makes sense for both teams tbh. Tho I guess it means the Suns would rather roll with Bledsoe as their starting PG instead of Dragic which is silly since Goran is the better player tho albeit older.

A Pacers lineup of Dragic/Hill/PG/West/Hibbert is an improvement over last years's lineup IMO.

It's a great deal for Indy but i don't see PHX doing it unless they love Bledsoe/Lance and don't wanna pay Dragic next year. Plus the last time they traded, PHX went in pretty hard on Bird tbh

Mugen
07-03-2014, 09:51 AM
:lol How is trading Hibbert after that postseason run selling high?

baseline bum
07-03-2014, 09:53 AM
LOL, why is Phoenix taking that call? Unless the offer is Paul George, I tell Bird to go fuck himself.

Franklin
07-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Big Daddy TC > Hibbert, tbh.

100%duncan
07-03-2014, 09:57 AM
:lol How is trading Hibbert after that postseason run selling high?

Scratch that if I used it wrong then :lol

I mean, getting some GM who'd fall for Hibbert's great albeit inconsistent play. His pre-ASB game was pretty good according to Pacers digest fwiw. Some gm out there, aside from Bird, is always stupid enough to do something just for the sake of moving during the off-season.

Mugen
07-03-2014, 10:01 AM
I don't see anybody taking Hibbert's contract after those last couple of months in the season. Maybe POR or the Nets if Billy King hasn't been murdered by the Russian mob yet tbh.

ducks
07-03-2014, 10:05 AM
unless suns think bledshoe and dragic can not play together
but bledshow is injury prone and suns do not want to max dragic

Thread
07-03-2014, 10:07 AM
suns do not want to max dragic

They've nary other choice. He already laid the law down.

100%duncan
07-03-2014, 10:07 AM
LOL, why is Phoenix taking that call? Unless the offer is Paul George, I tell Bird to go fuck himself.

I wouldn't give up Paul for Dragic though. Dude's got franchise player potential.

ducks
07-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine · 8m

Whispers are already out there, ZachLowe_NBA, about Indy trying to pull in Boston to construct some sort of multi-team deal involving Rondo

ducks
07-03-2014, 10:09 AM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine · 8m

RT ZachLowe_NBA: Pacers have little on fringes to entice PHX on Dragic.Their interest, per @ESPNSteinLine, might hint at bigger discussions

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine · 1h

Something to keep an eye on, though, with Indy known to covet an upgrade at PG and stubborn perception Suns can't afford Bledsoe AND Dragic

Nathan89
07-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Pacers have nobody but PG. Lance shouldn't be enough and probably isn't the player you want on that young Suns team.

Mel_13
07-03-2014, 10:11 AM
Bird's desperately trying to find someone that wants the guy he just lowballed.

Xylus
07-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha...

Short of Paul George being offered, the Dragon isn't going anywhere.

smaka
07-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Sign and trade Lance for Dragic + whatever it takes to match salaries. I would like this move for Indy.

100%duncan
07-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Bird's desperately trying to find someone that wants the guy he just lowballed.

Lance was offer 9 mil a year right? I thought that was fair imho.

baseline bum
07-03-2014, 10:15 AM
I wouldn't give up Paul for Dragic though. Dude's got franchise player potential.

That roster is pure cancer. I don't even like George and think he's overpaid, but I could see someone rolling the dice on him outside that toxic situation. The only player on that team I like is West, but he's too old.

Xylus
07-03-2014, 10:16 AM
Dragic was 3rd-team All-NBA last season and is only getting better. The only way Dragic gets traded is if a superstar comes to Phoenix in return. Lance won't cut it.

Mel_13
07-03-2014, 10:16 AM
Lance was offer 9 mil a year right? I thought that was fair imho.

So did I, but it was calculated to be a number that Lance would see as a lowball offer. Bird has already signed Lance's replacement, he's just trying to get some sort of a useful asset in a S&T.

100%duncan
07-03-2014, 10:17 AM
That roster is pure cancer. I don't even like George and think he's overpaid, but I could see someone rolling the dice on him outside that toxic situation. The only player on that team I like is West, but he's too old.

Top 3 2-way player at the wing imho. With Bron and Whi. I like West too, sad he's wasting his final years on that squad but I don't dislike George though.

100%duncan
07-03-2014, 10:19 AM
So did I, but it was calculated to be a number that Lance would see as a lowball offer. Bird has already signed Lance's replacement, he's just trying to get some sort of a useful asset in a S&T.

Makes sense but the dude is worth what he was offered imho. And Bird still seemed to love Lance to be back even after his BS against Bron.

baseline bum
07-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Dragic was 3rd-team All-NBA last season and is only getting better. The only way Dragic gets traded is if a superstar comes to Phoenix in return. Lance won't cut it.

That's about the equivalent to hearing Houston called and offered Lin or LA2 offered Kobe. LOL Bird thinking anyone wants Lance. I bet he got a 480 on his SAT just like Kidd.

Mel_13
07-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Makes sense but the dude is worth what he was offered imho. And Bird still seemed to love Lance to be back even after his BS against Bron.

Bird also wants the fan base to believe that the team made a good faith effort to keep Lance. If he leaves, they want him to be perceived as the bad guy.

baseline bum
07-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Top 3 2-way player at the wing imho. With Bron and Whi. I like West too, sad he's wasting his final years on that squad but I don't dislike George though.

George played pretty horribly in the Pacers' funk. I still think he's grossly overrated off one great series in the '13 ECF.

100%duncan
Bird also wants the fan base to believe that the team made a good faith effort to keep Lance. If he leaves, they want him to be perceived as the bad guy.

Well yeah, always been the scapegoat behind Hibbert.

Pelicans78

Yes, exactly. No reason for the Suns to do this.

ambchang
Don't see Dragic fitting in the Pacers system. Fantastic offensive player, average to below average defensive player, great ball-handler but will take possessions away from PG. I can see him revitalizing Hibbert by feeding him, but on the other hand, Hibbert clogging the lane will cut off penetration opportunities for Dragic.

Dragic is a layup or 3 guy, he does have a good midrange game, but that's not his bread and butter, he penetrates and does it very well. With Hibbert in the middle, West clogging the lane, and pretty much no outside shooting, Dragic will be severely limited.

This is an acquisition that looks good on paper, but will likely end up hurting both team and player. Unless the Pacers unloads Hibbert for a stretch 4/5, and add a couple of shooters in the process, I can see them being a fantastic team in that scenario. Shooters are easy to acquire, stretch 4s and 5s, especially good ones who can play a little D, are not.

100%duncan
07-03-2014, 10:28 AM
Don't see Dragic fitting in the Pacers system. Fantastic offensive player, average to below average defensive player, great ball-handler but will take possessions away from PG. I can see him revitalizing Hibbert by feeding him, but on the other hand, Hibbert clogging the lane will cut off penetration opportunities for Dragic.

Dragic is a layup or 3 guy, he does have a good midrange game, but that's not his bread and butter, he penetrates and does it very well. With Hibbert in the middle, West clogging the lane, and pretty much no outside shooting, Dragic will be severely limited.

This is an acquisition that looks good on paper, but will likely end up hurting both team and player. Unless the Pacers unloads Hibbert for a stretch 4/5, and add a couple of shooters in the process, I can see them being a fantastic team in that scenario. Shooters are easy to acquire, stretch 4s and 5s, especially good ones who can play a little D, are not.

Exactly, with team D they can cover up for Dragic. And the system would change with him, their offense is so fucking bad that if they go down by 10 it's almost over because it the lead feels like 30. And also, PG should not hold the ball for most of the possessions, he doesn't/can't be Lebron.

lefty
07-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Damn the 90's Pacers would absolutely destroy today's Pacers

Phillip
07-04-2014, 09:28 AM
If Indy can get Dragic and keep George/West/Hibbert, Indy will be champions next year.

Dragic is still arguably the most underrated player in the NBA IMO.

Mori Chu
07-04-2014, 10:17 AM
If Indy can get Dragic and keep George/West/Hibbert, Indy will be champions next year.

That will never happen because the Suns management is not retarded.

jag
07-04-2014, 10:21 AM

[Roddy Beaubois] has Tony Parker type quickness and finishing, Derrick Rose explosiveness and athletic ability, and damn near Steve Nash level jump-shooting ability. He might be as naturally gifted and talented as any PG/undersized SG in the league right now.

DAF86
07-04-2014, 10:39 AM
:lmao

anakha
07-04-2014, 10:42 AM
That will never happen because the Suns management is not retarded.

Their owner, however...