Clandestino
08-18-2005, 05:01 PM
Her mom is ill.

Trainwreck2100
08-18-2005, 05:18 PM
Cmon man i need linkage.

whottt
08-18-2005, 05:22 PM
It's on the news...her mom had a stroke and she doesn't know when or if she will return.

This poor woman, her life is destroyed. Her son is dead, her husband is leaving her, and her mom just had a stroke....If I was in her position I might be just a little bit cynical and bitter too. I still think she is doing her son and the other soldiers fighting in Iraq a tremendous dishonor though.

John Steward nailed it when talking about her and this Crawford thing...

He said Michael Moore offered her his website, because without his help she might have come off as sympathetic.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-18-2005, 07:22 PM
Maybe if she wasn't such a stupid bitch her husband wouldn't have left her, and her mom's stroke is probably directly related to her stupid "quest."

She's pretty much on Michael Moore's level as far as spin and misrepresentation goes, I saw her agreeing to move to the neighbor's land saying something to the effect of "considering we got shot at the other day, it's a good idea."

Lady, if a Texan was shooting at your ass, you wouldn't be around to talk about it.

exstatic
08-18-2005, 08:12 PM
^^^^^Compassionate Conservative...

Clandestino
08-18-2005, 08:21 PM
sheehan is not the youngest lady in the world.. he mother is probably old, but where the fuck is cindy? not by her side... she is in some field disgracing her son

exstatic
08-18-2005, 10:29 PM
Um, she's going to her mother's side, and her son wasn't too thrilled with the Iraq mission by the time he died, so I doubt he'd be "disgraced" by what she's doing.

Clandestino
08-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Um, she's going to her mother's side, and her son wasn't too thrilled with the Iraq mission by the time he died, so I doubt he'd be "disgraced" by what she's doing.

Bitch should have already been there.

also, how do you know what her son thought?

Jelly
08-18-2005, 10:43 PM

how do you know that? I've been searching the web and can't find anything that suggests he "wasn't too thrilled" with the Iraq mission. I've seen two letters written by him. In both, it is evident that he feels guilty about his mother's incessant crying over his being in Iraq. In the most recent letter, he says things are going good there. His first letter - which reads more like a journal entry- takes place right when he leaves. He doesn't really mention his attitude about Iraq. He does mention that all the other soldiers had families waving them off at the airport, but all he got was a phone call the night before.

Seriously, I'm very curious to know where you read that he wasn't happy.

Jelly
08-18-2005, 10:49 PM
Here are the letters (from SF Chronicle)

These letters to Casey Sheehan's family were never sent. Military personnel gave them to the family after his death.

March 13-14, 2004

"The Beginning"

It was a long ordeal starting out at 1100 Saturday morning. We arrived at the back dock to find out we weren't leaving until 2:30 that afternoon. And so began a lot of waiting around. The married soldiers had their families to see them off, and all I had was a call home the night before. Mom cried her eyes out over the phone, not the first time it happened either.

From the back dock we loaded onto a bus that took us to the iron horse gym, where we did some more waiting and the families had one more chance to say good bye. From there we took another bus to Abrams gym, where we actually did some manifest processing for the flight.

They had a nice setup for us, too. Phones, Internet, video games, food, free stuff and music were all provided prior to the next bus ride to the plane. At 6:30 p.m. Saturday, they formed us up and herded us onto the bus for the plane.

As we loaded the plane, the flight attendants proceeded to tell us we were making a stop in Ireland before we got to Kuwait. Unfortunately for us, we have to stay on the plane while the crew changes and the plane is refueled. We will be landing in Ireland shortly, then on to Kuwait.

We stayed in Ireland for about 4 hours. While we were here, there was also a National Guard unit from Sacramento. I spoke with the sergeant major of that unit and let him know I was from Vacaville.

I also spoke with one of the airport employees. She told me about the country and the different things to do. She also informed me that my family name is well known here. Shortly after that, we boarded the plane for Kuwait which we were informed will take 6 hours and 4 minutes to get there..

March 31, 2004

Hey Family:

I've finally made to Iraq. Luckily for us, there was no threat to our convoy.

How is everyone doing? I wish I could be home for Jane's graduation.

We should be looking at a pretty smooth year. The unit we are replacing had only two deaths during its time here. Anyway, I didn't think Mom needed to know that. She's already too worried about me being here.

I'm glad I finally got to write. They didn't give us the address until we got to our camp. I'm also glad I got to talk to Mom for a bit about a week ago. She probably doesn't remember because I woke her up.

I had an interesting flight. We flew from Fort Hood to Ireland. We had had 3 1/2-hour layover there. I spent $1.30 for a coke out of a soda machine and got 70 cents back in Eurocoins. I got to speak to one of the employees at the airport. She told me about the country and said that our last name is very well known.

After Ireland we landed in Kuwait ...

E-mail Jonathan Curiel at [email protected]

You know, he was only in Iraq for 3 1/2 weeks. The more I read about his guy, the sadder I feel. It really is tragic.

Nbadan
08-18-2005, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the letters from Casey and welcome to the board. :tu

Here is a letter from Cindy Sheehan...

"I'm going to take care of my mother right now, but I hope to be back before the end of August. Meanwhile, keep the camp together, and keep your spirits high. I may have started this camp out, but I'm counting on you to continue the movement. The call to end the war must be made by everyone!"

Crawford Update.blogspot (http://crawfordupdate.blogspot.com/)

Jelly
08-18-2005, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the letters from Casey and welcome to the board. :tu

Here is a letter from Cindy Sheehan...

[/url]

I've been here for a couple months, but thanks for the welcome NBADan.