PDA

View Full Version : Brazil manager calls psychologist urgently as team is mentally falling apart

Thebesteva
07-03-2014, 10:42 PM
:lol This team is shit compared to the great Ronaldo-Ronaldinho team

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/brazil-s-manager-calls-in-psychologist-to-help-players-deal-with-world-cup-stress-171101631.html

“I had never done anything like it before and I am quite enjoying it,” [Neymar] said, according to AFP.
“It is not only us, in football, who are surrounded by emotion every day and need psychologists. I think it could do every person good, to make one more relaxed."

“We are the hosts,” Scolari told the Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/03/sports/soccer/with-pressure-on-brazils-coach-seeks-psychological-edge.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0), “so that means that the minimum we have to do — the minimum — is win.”

hater
07-03-2014, 11:03 PM
I posted in the other thread that this is probably the most emo faggot team in history.

they cry when walking onto the field, they cry when they sing their anthem, they cry when they score, they cry when they get scored on, they even cry during penalty shootout.

their own captain Tiago Silva couldnt even kick a fucking penalty because he was balling like a widow :lol

Relevancy
07-03-2014, 11:08 PM
Imagine if Brazil loses, what kind of crazy shit people will do, I heard they chop people up over there

scary.

brazil will have it really hard, my man hater and his team will run a train on them. Brazil just doesnt have a functional team outside of Neymar. People aint ready tomorrow

Thebesteva
07-03-2014, 11:11 PM
I posted in the other thread that this is probably the most emo faggot team in history.

they cry when walking onto the field, they cry when they sing their anthem, they cry when they score, they cry when they get scored on, they even cry during penalty shootout.

their own captain Tiago Silva couldnt even kick a fucking penalty because he was balling like a widow :lol

:lol the word faggot makes everything funny.

I normally root for Brazil and USA, since I know USA usually gets kicked out fast I enjoy watching Brazil play the right way. But this team is fucking awful, they just dont have IT. They dont even fucking look Brazilian

Libri
07-03-2014, 11:13 PM
:cry We need a shrink to play good :cry

ElNono
07-03-2014, 11:14 PM
They need to call Dunga and Romario to go in there and bitchslap some sense into all these faggots... first they get the dirty blonde hairdo, now they need psychotherapy...

Thebesteva
07-03-2014, 11:17 PM
http://l.wigflip.com/f2fUOopb/roflbot.jpg

Venti Quattro
07-03-2014, 11:37 PM
They need to call Dunga and Romario to go in there and bitchslap some sense into all these faggots... first they get the dirty blonde hairdo, now they need psychotherapy...

:lmao They should not let those faggots land at Barcelona El Prat without removing the faggot dye in their hair

hater
07-03-2014, 11:47 PM

truth bomb

Dunga would come in and fucking say with a schwarzenegger accent:

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me.

Infinite_limit
07-04-2014, 12:06 AM
:lol the word faggot makes everything funny.

I normally root for Brazil and USA, since I know USA usually gets kicked out fast I enjoy watching Brazil play the right way. But this team is fucking awful, they just dont have IT. They dont even fucking look Brazilian
I grew up rooting for Brazil as well. Even in 2006 when I was in Germany.

But now there are other teams I prefer.

Thebesteva
07-04-2014, 12:08 AM
I grew up rooting for Brazil as well. Even in 2006 when I was in Germany.

But now there are other teams I prefer.

This team was just fun to bandwagon. They played the game the way it should be played. Ive always passionately hated Germany for some reason

http://thefirsteleven.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Brazil-World-Cup-2002.jpg

Infinite_limit
07-04-2014, 12:12 AM
This team was just fun to bandwagon. They played the game the way it should be played. Ive always passionately hated Germany for some reason

http://thefirsteleven.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Brazil-World-Cup-2002.jpg

I do remember very few people hated them. The level of respect, you knew you were watching greatness and just happy to know you witnessed it

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
07-04-2014, 01:04 AM
Actually, Brazil hasn't played "the Brazilian way" since the mid-80's. Losing to Italy, France and Argentina sent them into rebuilding mode. Parreira got the job after Italia '90 and he instantly put Mauro Silva and Dunga, two defensive midfielders together. From then on it was all about being tight at the back and win matches with the individual talent of their forwards.

But midfielders who can create and pass have been very scarce... Kaká, Juninho Pernambucano, Juninho Paulista, Rai... not much else. They kept producing superb full-backs and attacking midfielders/strikers. But no Zicos, Socrates, Toninho Cerezos and the like. The kids that fit into that style weren't developed by their clubs or were ignored by the national team.

Nowadays it's all about 2 big, strong, athletic, tactically-aware ball-winners who then play it to the attackers. Just look at the central midfielders since '94: Dunga, Mauro Silva, Cesar Sampaio, Doriva, Gilberto Silva, Kleberson, Emerson, Vampeta, Elano, Felipe Melo, Ramires, Josue, Luiz Gustavo, Paulinho, Fernandinho. Some with more technique than others, but there's a clear pattern.

hater
07-04-2014, 01:12 AM
Oscar is the key imo

he has a great game and Brazil advances. He has a bad or mediocre game and it's Colombia's to lose

Infinite_limit
07-04-2014, 01:19 AM
Actually, Brazil hasn't played "the Brazilian way" since the mid-80's. Losing to Italy, France and Argentina sent them into rebuilding mode. Parreira got the job after Italia '90 and he instantly put Mauro Silva and Dunga, two defensive midfielders together. From then on it was all about being tight at the back and win matches with the individual talent of their forwards.

But midfielders who can create and pass have been very scarce... Kaká, Juninho Pernambucano, Juninho Paulista, Rai... not much else. They kept producing superb full-backs and attacking midfielders/strikers. But no Zicos, Socrates, Toninho Cerezos and the like. The kids that fit into that style weren't developed by their clubs or were ignored by the national team.

Nowadays it's all about 2 big, strong, athletic, tactically-aware ball-winners who then play it to the attackers. Just look at the central midfielders since '94: Dunga, Mauro Silva, Cesar Sampaio, Doriva, Gilberto Silva, Kleberson, Emerson, Vampeta, Elano, Felipe Melo, Ramires, Josue, Luiz Gustavo, Paulinho, Fernandinho. Some with more technique than others, but there's a clear pattern.
Interesting read

Infinite_limit
07-04-2014, 01:19 AM
Oscar is the key imo

he has a great game and Brazil advances. He has a bad or mediocre game and it's Colombia's to lose
I had him in our Fantasy league for the Chile game and he scored very poorly

lefty
07-04-2014, 01:31 AM
MMLH with the goods

ElNono
07-04-2014, 03:50 AM
Must watch GOAT lefty interview if you can pick anything up in Spanish/Portuguese... Rivelino and Maradona... taped last night.

They're talk about the disaster that's today's futbol... Rivelino even saying he wouldn't enjoy playing today, that Brazil no longer has a #10, that a coach today wouldn't play him because he didn't defend, Zidane, the upcoming games, Argentina and Brazil playing like shit, etc...

Tws5rNd3888

PocXpq31aEY

l39Xbn3rHr0

dfens
07-04-2014, 05:45 AM

great reply!
One observation: Kaka is more of an attacking midfielder than a classic midlfielder as his defensive role was always limited/nonexistant.

Let me explain why this happened. I'll discuss this only from a high quality football perspective not for the likes of iran/japan/etc.
The modern game of football is a game of space. You always try to create space for yourself(net, arg, brazil, eng, rmao..) and deny space to your opponent(spa, barca, mex, chile..).Rarely are teams so specialized that they can control the game with only creation or destruction. They usually use both. Like france or germany. When two teams of equal quality play the team that better manages space for its best talent wins. Space does not mean possession, for example columbia 2014 needs space for james/cuadrato not for their midfield => low possession but great space for the team's best talent.

Denying as an identity
It is much harder to deny space to your opponent and then create space because there is little space left, so you get apparently anemic attacks (spa, barca) but if you can pull it off (crazy talent, especially in midfield) it is the safest way to win a game. This tactical system can also cannibalize itself and lead to tikitakanaccio and it will fail big time when it is tinkered with unproperly (2014 spain) as correct tactics are paramout and there is little space for tactical error(diego costa targetman=>bad spacing). But if done properly and supported with a goat midfield it will viciously dominate games.
- space control is ridiculous.
- unflexible from a tactics standpoint
- hard to coach, individualism has to be controlled to correspond to team needs (good: iniesta's runs, bad: silva 2014 runs)
- specific personnel required
- better control of pace
- more pleasing to a coach :lol:sleep

Creating as an identity
On the other hand if you have your best talent upfront you will want a more space for that talent. Think of ronaldinho barca, current rmao, arg. With the increase in tactics quality space is always shrinking in the modern game so the best way to create more is to decongest midfield by bringing 1 or 2 MFs closer to the defense => CDMs or wider => wingers. Wingers usually interchange with fullbacks (cafu, roberto carlos, alves) => 3-5-2 to 5-3-2. In the modern 4-2-3-1 the full backs role is not that important but it still permits their existance.
- good space control
- flexible
- easier to coach, individuallism is not that big of a problem (neymar, messi 2014)
- weak control of pace
- more pleasing to the eye :toast

Teams oftenly mismanage space (arg 2010, england since 90s,etc) or are forced into playing tactics that don't suit them against teams more adept at controlling space, be it through a better coached team, better talent, etc.
But it's all tradeoffs in the end, it's just picking the best system given the existing talent and the opponent.
Attacking space(individual) vs midfield control(collective).
wing play(speed) vs pace control
etc

The case for brazil:
In my opinion the brazilians were one of the first big NT to adapt to the modern game. Let me explain this. With fullbacks in place from the 70s/80s they were one of the first teams to observe how offense oriented teams can fail against inferior talent. By developing more CDMs and no CMs they brought more space to their best talent (CAMs, CFs, wingers, etc) while still retaining the 70/80s fullbacks. They also used (excessive) tactical fouling that played the role of denying space. Foul early and foul often denies opponents the space to attack/counterattack and is method of controlling pace. When they adopted this set of tactics, late 80s, early 90s, they elected to bring more space to their best talent instead of playing the brazilian way and it led to one of the most successful runs in history:
1994 WC win
1997 Copa America win
1997 Confed Cup win
1998 WC finalist
2002 WC win
2004 Copa America win
2005 Confed Cup win

Since 2006 talent has dried up and so have the results.
Imo, this brazil side can win it all as playing at home has it's advantages (friendlier refs :lol, the crowd helping with the mental aspect, other teams randomly getting the flu :lmao )

Franklin
07-04-2014, 05:51 AM
When our toughest potential matchups are against Netherlands and Argentina, you know we're gonna cruise to our World Cup #4, tbh.

ManuLoco
07-04-2014, 07:39 AM
When our toughest potential matchups are against Netherlands and Argentina, you know we're gonna cruise to our World Cup #4, tbh.

I would say you have a very tough match up against France today. If you win, the cup is yours. I really hope you don't, cause I hate this Germany, they flop, the dive, they cry. Much more than the other 7 teams remaining. Germans should be ashamed.

DAF86
07-04-2014, 09:11 AM
Must watch GOAT lefty interview if you can pick anything up in Spanish/Portuguese... Rivelino and Maradona... taped last night.

They're talk about the disaster that's today's futbol... Rivelino even saying he wouldn't enjoy playing today, that Brazil no longer has a #10, that a coach today wouldn't play him because he didn't defend, Zidane, the upcoming games, Argentina and Brazil playing like shit, etc...

Tws5rNd3888

PocXpq31aEY

l39Xbn3rHr0

Grumpy old men talking about how things were much better when they were younger. How original.

Relevancy
07-04-2014, 09:25 AM
Yeah old people need to let go of the past

ElNono
07-04-2014, 10:56 AM
Grumpy old men talking about how things were much better when they were younger. How original.

Meh, he gave props to France and Colombia, that without a doubt have been playing the best futbol this championship. And they aren't necessarily wrong that you have guys now that run 13km on the pitch and can't make two passes in a row.

This World Cup started with a bang, but now everybody is playing chickenshit. They're good games to watch because they're high-tension games, but not because some team is playing great, tbh

hater
07-04-2014, 02:29 PM
Meh, he gave props to France and Colombia, that without a doubt have been playing the best futbol this championship.

France???

:lmao

gnsf0946
07-04-2014, 02:40 PM
Players (old ones especially) are shit at evaluating teams. Pele said Brazil will lose in group (or round of 16, can't remember) in 2002.

They might have been great players at some point but at the end of the day most are uneducated dumbasses.

ElNono
07-04-2014, 02:44 PM
France???

:lmao

yeah, he said they had the best midfield in the tournament... not today, apparently :lol

Infinite_limit
07-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Players (old ones especially) are shit at evaluating teams. Pele said Brazil will lose in group (or round of 16, can't remember) in 2002.

They might have been great players at some point but at the end of the day most are uneducated dumbasses.
All-Time greats were usually super talented. Except for Quarterback & Pitcher, i can't think of Legends that relied heavily on tactics. It's the less talented players that survived in their respective leagues thru mental advantage, that make it post playing career in coaching/front office

HI-FI
07-04-2014, 03:37 PM
that Ronaldo era was very likeable imo. i still have a Details magazine with him on the cover (or a big article). This was during his prime, after the first knee setback but before it got worse. He was definitely a badass and Ronaldinho always brought the Jar Jar goods.

this new team is nowhere as likeable. that and they are the favorites so I must hate.

hater
07-04-2014, 03:59 PM
that Ronaldo era was very likeable imo. i still have a Details magazine with him on the cover (or a big article). This was during his prime, after the first knee setback but before it got worse. He was definitely a badass and Ronaldinho always brought the Jar Jar goods.

this new team is nowhere as likeable. that and they are the favorites so I must hate.

agree nigga

Id rather have Germany or Agentina beat them. Im rooting for Brazil to lose

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
07-04-2014, 04:14 PM
http://youtu.be/0eKz6LTU3HI

TBH

Splits
07-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Doctor should be fired. How's he going to prepare them for the 3rd place game? Hope it's against Argy and they get boot stomped again resulting in a good old fashioned war.

The Gemini Method
07-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Doctor should be fired. How's he going to prepare them for the 3rd place game? Hope it's against Argy and they get boot stomped again resulting in a good old fashioned war.

It's a she. Guess they'll need rape counseling and sample kits after this...they're going to find DNA markers of Mueller, Klose, and Roos.