PDA

View Full Version : Heat: If LeBron walks away from the Heat... they should tank

DMX7
07-04-2014, 09:32 AM
Why even sign Wade and Bosh? They are completely overvalued and sure as hell aren't winning a championship without LeBron, so may as well tank next year for a high draft pick. That way they could also start shabazz and get him some experience right off the back with nothing to play for.

lefty
07-04-2014, 09:35 AM
He is not walking away

He is putting presure on Riles

Thread
07-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Why even sign Wade and Bosh? They are completely overvalued and sure as hell aren't winning a championship without LeBron, so may as well tank next year for a high draft pick. That way they could also start shabazz and get him some experience right off the back with nothing to play for.

Obviously it's a done deal that James is staying there. The delay is construed & requested by ESPN to sell "newspapers."

I figure by Tuesday they'll release the delay.

Thread
07-04-2014, 09:36 AM
He is not walking away

He ain't even doing that. That's the cover story, the marching orders & talking points out of CT..

DMX7
07-04-2014, 09:37 AM
He is not walking away

What can Riles do? He has to get Bosh and Wade to take a pay cut and even then, his options are extremely limited.

RsxPiimp
07-04-2014, 09:42 AM
Prestigious teams usually don't tank, they slowly rebuild by acquiring big name FA's. Riley has built championship teams through this process. Shaq, Walker in 05, the Big 3 in 2011. 2008 could be the only exception though I;m not sure if they actually tanked that year considering they were hit by multiple injuries.

DMX7
07-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Prestigious teams usually don't tank, they slowly rebuild by acquiring big name FA's. Riley has built championship teams through this process. Shaq, Walker in 05, the Big 3 in 2011. 2008 could be the only exception though I;m not sure if they actually tanked that year considering they were hit by multiple injuries.

This won't be a "usual" thing for them. And every team in the league tanks.

Thread
07-04-2014, 09:50 AM
This won't be a "usual" thing for them. >>>>>>And every team in the league tanks.<<<<<<

The tired old shit bag Duncan your rep.

tee, hee.

RsxPiimp
07-04-2014, 09:52 AM
This won't be a "usual" thing for them. And every team in the league tanks.

Tanking is only an option if teams cannot build through FA. Assuming Lebron leaves, they have plenty of cap space to rebuild far quicker than drafting. I'm not saying, drafting isn't important, but given the franchise status as of now, it's easier to build a winning team in that process. Riley always has the ability to get quality players for cheap, even in a market like Miami (This was back before the big 3 era) it's one of his biggest strength as a GM.

DMX7
07-04-2014, 09:53 AM

tee, hee.

I don't understand most of the things you write.

Thread
07-04-2014, 09:57 AM
I don't understand most of the things you write.

I'll just bet you don't.

DMX7
07-04-2014, 11:23 AM
I'll just bet you don't.

you bet right

TDMVPDPOY
07-04-2014, 11:52 AM
riley is doing jackshit

imagine if lebron does walk away,
then bosh and wade who opted out just walked away from 40m/2yrs remaining on current contract for nothing

return for cheaper or nobody is going to give them that huge amount again....

kobe4life
07-04-2014, 12:40 PM
The Great Satan is a chickenshit he's looking for another bailout. He's hoping Riley will be able to get a great FA or pull off a trade that stacks the game in his favor. The Great Satan right now is looking for the team that gives him the easiest chance to win. Fuck you Great Satan your not half the man God is.

lefty
07-04-2014, 01:51 PM
The Great Satan is a chickenshit he's looking for another bailout. He's hoping Riley will be able to get a great FA or pull off a trade that stacks the game in his favor. The Great Satan right now is looking for the team that gives him the easiest chance to win. Fuck you Great Satan your not half the man God is.
:worthy: Kobe

~O~
07-04-2014, 01:57 PM
No shit.

BlackSwordsMan
07-04-2014, 01:59 PM

tee, hee.

Bringing up Duncan in a thread about the cavs. Yup you're mad
Pack it up cubby

BlackSwordsMan
07-04-2014, 01:59 PM
Your asshole has been checked

Thread
07-04-2014, 02:38 PM
Bringing up Duncan in a thread about the cavs. Yup you're mad
Pack it up cubby

No, I'm not, but, your mind is made up.

Thread
07-04-2014, 02:39 PM
Your asshole has been checked

You silly son of bitch, you. That saying is referencing the person's character not his anatomy. God, you're adorable!!!

benstanfield
07-04-2014, 02:54 PM
If Wade wants more than 15 a year and Riley has to give it to him because "loyalty" they might as well tank. If 20% of your payroll doesn't play half of the games and will be a hindrance against quality teams you aren't winning shit.

:lol Wade left 2/40 on the table only to find out he's barely worth 3/45

ezau
07-05-2014, 01:11 AM

tee, hee.

Yet Duncan>Kobe. Let us proceed. This isn't going to end until Kirby rings again Cul. Let us proceed.

Biernutz
07-05-2014, 01:47 AM
Houston said they will make a run at Bosch since they seem to lose out for Mello.
If they don't get him they will make the Heat bleed.

TDMVPDPOY
07-05-2014, 01:58 AM
Houston said they will make a run at Bosch since they seem to lose out for Mello.
If they don't get him they will make the Heat bleed.

do they even have a max contract to offer?

or they hoping heat does a sign n trade with t hem? no way the heat will take turk and chinga....