PDA

View Full Version : '15/16 Spurs

TheDarkSide.
07-05-2014, 03:38 AM
If we end up getting this guy..:lobt:..and Timmy and Manu ride off into the sunset, what is your dream lineup for the season after it?
Here's mine Hoping we Re-sign Diaw and Baynes.

C-Splitter
F-Lamarcus Aldridge(long shot but hey he's from Texas)
F-Kawhi
G-Danny
G-Parker
BENCH
6th MEN-Boris/Patty
G-Belinelli
SF-Mbah A Moute
C-Baynes
SG/PG-Kyle Anderson
PG-CoJo

My pipe dream scenerio.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-05-2014, 03:41 AM
Spurs aren't getting Aldridge and Duncan isn't retiring next summer.

Juggity
07-05-2014, 03:47 AM
Things look bleak without Duncan. That's a WCF ceiling team.

TheDarkSide.
07-05-2014, 03:47 AM
Spurs aren't getting Aldridge and Duncan isn't retiring next summer.

like i said pipe dream scenerio, but you really think Timmy would try to go for a 3peat?

jARS mEsH sEt
07-05-2014, 03:49 AM
Go look up what the word 'barring' means.

TheDarkSide.
07-05-2014, 03:53 AM
Go look up what the word 'barring' means.

autocorrect

Cry Havoc
07-05-2014, 04:04 AM
Things look bleak without Duncan. That's a WCF ceiling team.

Depends on Kawhi's development. If he becomes a top player in the league the sky is the limit.

Prime Time
07-05-2014, 05:15 AM
I really doubt Duncan/Ginobili play after the 2015 post season. I think this is the end, enjoy it while you can.

Genjuro
07-05-2014, 07:08 AM
SF-Mbah A Moute

(...)

My pipe dream scenerio.

Why would you want a guy who can't make a shot to save his life?

Richie
07-05-2014, 07:34 AM
I want Marc Gasol over Aldridge. Better defender and passer, equally good mid range shooter and neither has a 3 point shot.

Jimcs50
07-05-2014, 09:35 AM
Duncan will play until he's 40. Take that to the bank

Jimcs50
07-05-2014, 09:36 AM
Aldridge is signing an extension as we speak. Not going anywhere

Richie
07-05-2014, 10:01 AM

I agree with this too. If Lillard was never drafted then I think it's a sure thing he leaves, but now Lillard is there I don't see him going anywhere soon.

Jimcs50
07-05-2014, 10:37 AM
I agree with this too. If Lillard was never drafted then I think it's a sure thing he leaves, but now Lillard is there I don't see him going anywhere soon.

They have a good thing going up there. One of the future contenders. 3 legit stars will put them right there with a chance every year.

Cry Havoc
07-05-2014, 01:35 PM
Really, I think Tony is a pretty unique point guard. I don't think it generally benefits a team to have a top flight PG as the head of the snake -- modern defenses are too good at limiting what they can do.

Spurs should have some cap room when Tim hangs them up. They need to put that towards getting another big or maybe even another player in the mold of Kawhi that could ultimately play the 4.

One thing is for certain: This front office has proven that they can outwit most of the rest of the NBA to keep competitive talent in San Antonio. We may not be title favorites 3 years from now, but there's a really good chance we'll be in the mix.

2centsworth
07-05-2014, 02:45 PM
If Duncan and Manu ride off in the Sunset, I could see a centerpiece star joining knowing FO can win.

Ginobili3
07-05-2014, 03:20 PM
We'll need a big that can score, and defense is welcome lol

Kidd K
07-05-2014, 03:43 PM
like i said pipe dream scenerio, but you really think Timmy would try to go for a 3peat?

If Timmy wins again, then yes, I'm sure he will come back again. He probably will even if he doesn't.

He will probably stick around until he or the team falls apart. Just seems like that kinda guy.

Shastafarian
07-05-2014, 06:28 PM
If Duncan and Manu ride off in the Sunset, I could see a centerpiece star joining knowing FO can win.

http://espn.go.com/media/ncb/2003/0316/photo/a_bogans_frt.jpg

Chinook
07-05-2014, 07:19 PM

He's not. Because he took less on his last contract, he has to wait until next summer to get a true max deal.

Anyway, I think this season is critical for Portland's chances of keeping Aldridge. He's not young anymore, so he's not looking for the chance to grow with Lillard. He only has 4-5 years of peak play left.

If this doesn't come down money, I think the Spurs have a great chance to get him. It's very arguable that SA would be a stronger contender in 2015-2019 than Portland would be, especially if the Blazers have another disappointing playoff run.

Baam
07-05-2014, 07:22 PM
:sleep do people still believe that Tim is gonna retire next season ? Even Manu is now opening the door to playing longer than expected...

Chinook
07-05-2014, 07:28 PM
:sleep do people still believe that Tim is gonna retire next season ? Even Manu is now opening the door to playing longer than expected...

There are a lot of reasons. But either way, Tim and Manu will be free agents next July. The Spurs will almost certainly have cap space.

xmas1997
07-05-2014, 07:32 PM
He's not. Because he took less on his last contract, he has to wait until next summer to get a true max deal.

Anyway, I think this season is critical for Portland's chances of keeping Aldridge. He's not young anymore, so he's not looking for the chance to grow with Lillard. He only has 4-5 years of peak play left.

If this doesn't come down money, I think the Spurs have a great chance to get him. It's very arguable that SA would be a stronger contender in 2015-2019 than Portland would be, especially if the Blazers have another disappointing playoff run.

I have been saying this very same thing.
Thank you for laying it out in much better detail than I ever could.
Excellent post.

cjw
07-05-2014, 07:47 PM
There are a lot of reasons. But either way, Tim and Manu will be free agents next July. The Spurs will almost certainly have cap space.

Will be interesting to see if Kawhi gets an early extension or if they try to max out cap space while the lower cap hold is on the books (similar to what is happening with Parsons and Rockets).

TheDarkSide.
07-06-2014, 03:49 AM
Why would you want a guy who can't make a shot to save his life?

why would you need ANOTHER shooter when the lineup has so many? also chip=god

mudyez
07-06-2014, 03:55 AM
I had to laugh about the Aldridge thing, but is there a better place to be as a versatile big in this league than on the Spurs when Timmy is gone (if he is gone by then)?

Pipe dream still...just wanted to add my two cents.

TheDarkSide.
07-06-2014, 04:04 AM
If Timmy wins again, then yes, I'm sure he will come back again. He probably will even if he doesn't.

He will probably stick around until he or the team falls apart. Just seems like that kinda guy.

Never thought about it that way..Are Manu and Tim so "ego-less" and bball addicted they will play for the spurs even on lesser/money bench roles? Hmmm.

Jimcs50
07-06-2014, 07:29 AM
Never thought about it that way..Are Manu and Tim so "ego-less" and bball addicted they will play for the spurs even on lesser/money bench roles? Hmmm.

Tim is no where near ready to retire. Look at his body of work the last two years. He has not dropped off much at all since 2011. He still loves the game still loves hanging out with his mates, and is having so much fun still. I say 40 will be his retirement age at earliest. If he can repeat and win his 6th ring, his career will rival Jordan's.

Genjuro
07-06-2014, 07:31 AM
why would you need ANOTHER shooter when the lineup has so many? also chip=god

In today's basketball is never enough. A SF in this team needs to be a solid shooter.

TheGreatYacht
07-06-2014, 01:08 PM
Anthony Davis

Leetonidas
07-06-2014, 01:11 PM
Aldridge (who iirc will be 31 by then) and an aging Mbah a Moute is your pipe dream? :lol

spurs10
07-06-2014, 01:33 PM
Wow, it's hard to think about whether Tim and Manu stay for more than one more year. So much depends on how well we do in 14/15. David had injuries when he left and was leaving either way in 03. If we have another great run at the 'Ship, anything can happen. I'm more focused on a b2b than a three-peat....but then again as long as we're tripping...???

Kidd K
07-06-2014, 01:58 PM

I'm not sure about Manu, but I'm pretty sure Tim wouldn't mind sticking around until health becomes an issue or the team stops having even a slight chance at winning. As we're built now, we're gonna be pretty damn decent for another 2-3 years it seems.

Vic Petro
07-06-2014, 02:12 PM
Hard to predict anything now, but I can definitely see Tim hanging on Robert Parrish-style. Particularly if the team can score a major free agent.

Parrish averaged high 20's in minutes through his age 40 season. He then played 2 years in the mid/high teens before his "wheels falling off" officially in his age 43 season. I don't think TD would hang around quite that long but if the team is competitive no reason he can't play until 40.

TheDarkSide.
07-06-2014, 10:14 PM
Aldridge (who iirc will be 31 by then) and an aging Mbah a Moute is your pipe dream? :lol

Yeah haha. Big names hardly land here so i'd be happy as hell if we got Aldridge, and Boris and Pau are both 32-33 still doing great.

xmas1997
07-06-2014, 10:17 PM
Gasol is 34.

Taking it to the Hole
07-06-2014, 10:59 PM
Tim has always said he will play as long as he feels he can contribute to the team. With his off-season conditioning and managed minutes, it is conceivable to think he could play past next season. I definitely think if he does though, he would happily accept a pay cut and definitely reduced minutes to keep the team competitive. If I see anyone playing till 40, it is Tim Duncan and wouldn't that be amazing to see? Manu is the one who concerns me because of how much of a pounding his body has taken for countless seasons. After this coming season, I don't know how much he will have left in the tank?