PDA

View Full Version : Heat Blowing Up or Melting Down?

tholdren
07-05-2014, 09:29 AM
Lebron is bitching about lack of great players, and his haters.... still

Riley has made no moves.....

Bosh reportedly wanting a max now....

Wade missing and pondering how his parents misspelled his first name...

thoughts?

TXstbobcat
07-05-2014, 09:33 AM
The Heat and Pat Riley can't really do anything until Lebron comes out with his Decision part 2. Nobody is going to even think about signing there until that issue is resolved.

Jimcs50
07-05-2014, 09:33 AM
They will be fine. They are in the East for goodness sakes.

tholdren
07-05-2014, 09:34 AM
The Heat and Pat Riley can't really do anything until Lebron comes out with his Decision part 2. Nobody is going to even think about signing there until that issue is resolved.
so what do you think LeKitty will do?

TXstbobcat
07-05-2014, 09:38 AM
so what do you think LeKitty will do?

I think he gets his max deal to stay in Miami.

tholdren
07-05-2014, 09:39 AM
I think he gets his max deal to stay in Miami.
Same squad as last year for the heat?

TXstbobcat
07-05-2014, 09:45 AM
For some reason I can see bosh deciding to leave and sign Max deal somewhere else.

But I'm probably wrong and they bring back the big three and with no improvement from last year for the rest of the roster. But it's still the Eastern conference so they probably go back to the finals next year.

thiste
07-05-2014, 09:49 AM
Problem is LeBron sure as hell doesn't want another humiliation in the Finals next year. Something has to happen.

xmas1997
07-05-2014, 09:54 AM
I think he leaves Miami.
My bet is on L.A. They always seem to pull out a great player when we least expect it.

Raven
07-05-2014, 09:58 AM
do you have any sources or are you just making shit up?

FireMicoHalili
07-05-2014, 10:02 AM
do you have any sources or are you just making shit up?
:toast

ManuTastic
07-05-2014, 11:34 AM
How on earth do you opt out of $40 Mil (as Wade and Bosh did) without 100% certainty you're getting something better? That's what I can't understand. Really, someone please explain.

cd021
07-05-2014, 01:03 PM
For some reason I can see bosh deciding to leave and sign Max deal somewhere else.

But I'm probably wrong and they bring back the big three and with no improvement from last year for the rest of the roster. But it's still the Eastern conference so they probably go back to the finals next year.

I could see him going to Houston for a max 4 year deal.

xmas1997
07-05-2014, 01:08 PM
I could too, or Dallas, or back to Cleveland.

spursparker9
07-05-2014, 01:09 PM
As Riley pursues Luol Deng, Anthony Morrow and others in an attempt to deliver the roster upgrades that James is seeking, James' agent, Rich Paul, has spoken with the Rockets, Mavs, Suns, Cavs and Lakers. Teams have been told that if the Heat aren't successful in making roster additions soon, James would choose finalists and meet with them in person as early as next week.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/ken-berger/24608555/sources-bosh-becomes-key-to-miami-keeping-big-three

credit to djohn2oo8 posting on downstair

xmas1997
07-05-2014, 01:16 PM
As Riley pursues Luol Deng, Anthony Morrow and others in an attempt to deliver the roster upgrades that James is seeking, James' agent, Rich Paul, has spoken with the Rockets, Mavs, Suns, Cavs and Lakers. Teams have been told that if the Heat aren't successful in making roster additions soon, James would choose finalists and meet with them in person as early as next week.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/ken-berger/24608555/sources-bosh-becomes-key-to-miami-keeping-big-three

There is no doubt the greatness of Riley, but I would be glad if he didn't succeed for a change, he has been the beneficiary of more than his share of lucky breaks along the way.
That is what is behind the whole "built vs. bought" criticism.
I want the Spurs to totally eclipse his legacy.

Richie
07-05-2014, 01:16 PM

Lebron would be a fool to come to the West, he could join nearly any Eastern conference team and they'd make the Finals every year.

xmas1997
07-05-2014, 01:18 PM
What prevents him from going to New York to play with Melo, cap space this year?
Or Melo leaving?

xellos88330
07-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Lebron would be a fool to come to the West, he could join nearly any Eastern conference team and they'd make the Finals every year.

His team would eventually meet a powerhouse west team in the Finals. If you ask me, getting embarrassed on the biggest stage multiple times after a cake walk path to the finals, is much worse than hard fought games early in the playoffs.

xmas1997
07-05-2014, 01:24 PM
Phoenix is in the mix for James too, only I don't see why, other than the money.
Can they actually put together a team to contend for the championship?

sexinthatsx
07-05-2014, 01:29 PM
His team would eventually meet a powerhouse west team in the Finals. If you ask me, getting embarrassed on the biggest stage multiple times after a cake walk path to the finals, is much worse than hard fought games early in the playoffs.

Wrong. If you get a free pass to the finals, you take it no matter how badly you'll be embarrassed in the finals. A chance of winning it all is better than fighting out of the first or second round.

cd021
07-05-2014, 01:30 PM
the big 3 salary is based on Zach Lowe's recent post along with Haslem's.

14-15 Season

1-Lebron-$20 Million
2-Bosh-$15 Million
3-Wade-$14 Million

4-Allen-$1.45 Million
5-Anderson-$1.45 Million
6-Haslem-$3 Million
7-Hamilton-$816,000
8-Cole-$2.1 Million
9-Napier-$1.1 Million
10-Vet Min. (possibly: Rashard Lewis)-$1.45 Million
11-Vet Min. (possibly: Caron Buttler)-$1.45 Million
12. Vet Min. -$1.45 Million
13. Vet Min. -$1.45 Million
------------------------------
$64.7 Million

If the Big 3s salaries are close to those numbersm then they are screwed. I've heard that they are pursuing Deng but that's unlikely given Atlanta is already in contract discussions with Deng and has more money to spend.

baseline bum
07-05-2014, 01:31 PM
Phoenix is in the mix for James too, only I don't see why, other than the money.
Can they actually put together a team to contend for the championship?

Phoenix could give James his $22 million asking price and still have about $13 million to offer Bledsoe, though they'd have to renounce Frye. Then they could probably move Dragic to get more frontcourt help.

Richie
07-05-2014, 01:33 PM

Im not so sure. At least if you go to the East you only have to win one tough series for a 'chip, in the West you need to get through 4.

xmas1997
07-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Phoenix could give James his $22 million asking price and still have about $13 million to offer Bledsoe, though they'd have to renounce Frye. Then they could probably move Dragic to get more frontcourt help.

Thanks.
But does that sound like a championship team to you?

baseline bum
07-05-2014, 01:40 PM
Thanks.

Any team he plays on is going to be a title contender. I don't think that team would be nearly as good as Miami even if Bledsoe can stay healthy, but maybe he thinks Wade is done.

tholdren
07-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Thanks.
no. I still dont see why the talk is about WHERE he wants to go rather than HOW BIG OF A GIRL he is for wanting/considering leaving because he NEEDS MORE HELP.

again, the reason why he should never be considered as one of the best

xmas1997
07-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Any team he plays on is going to be a title contender. I don't think that team would be nearly as good as Miami even if Bledsoe can stay healthy, but maybe he thinks Wade is done.

This why I see the Heat as melting down rather than blowing up. That is my hope.

xellos88330
07-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Wrong. If you get a free pass to the finals, you take it no matter how badly you'll be embarrassed in the finals. A chance of winning it all is better than fighting out of the first or second round.

I disagree. Wouldn't you want to have an even greater chance of winning it all by getting through the west should you make it to the finals? What is the point of playing all of those extra games if you know that you only have a punchers chance of winning on the big stage? I would rather be seasoned by beating great teams to help prepare me for the Finals and have my chances of winning increased than to just run into a dead end when it matters.

I mean look at the Spurs path the the Championship this year.

1. Mavericks- great team basketball, switched the pick and rolls effectively. Spurs win. Taught the Spurs how to handle defenses switching pick and rolls, and how to defend against a great jump shooting big in the future.
2. Blazers- two individually talented players, superior speed and athleticism. Spurs win. Lessons learned from guarding a jump shooting big worked on Aldridge and the speed and athleticism of the Blazers prepared the Spurs for the Thunder.
3. OKC - ISO heavy two man team, superior speed and athleticism with a paint intimidator, aggressive switching and trapping in the pick and roll. Spurs win. OKC taught the Spurs how to handle an ultra aggressive defense attempting to get easy buckets by forcing turnovers in transition. Learned how to handle the individual talents of great players in Westbrook and Durant and toughen up mentally. Learned how to break the trapping defense and even attack the paint against a great interior defender.

4. Heat - Jump shooting big (Thank you Dallas and Portland), Excellent small Forward (Thank you Durant), Speedy athleticism and ultra aggressive defense (Thank you OKC), Physical point guard (Thank you Westbrook), Closing out to shooters (Thank you Dallas).

This is why the Spurs came out on top and Duncan made the remark that they would win this year. He spoke with supreme confidence that the Spurs had already faced everything the Heat could throw at them and they had every counter in the book already laid before them.

xmas1997
07-05-2014, 01:59 PM
I disagree. Wouldn't you want to have an even greater chance of winning it all by getting through the west should you make it to the finals? What is the point of playing all of those extra games if you know that you only have a punchers chance of winning on the big stage? I would rather be seasoned by beating great teams to help prepare me for the Finals and have my chances of winning increased than to just run into a dead end when it matters.

1. Mavericks- great team basketball, switched the pick and rolls effectively. Spurs win. Taught the Spurs how to handle defenses switching pick and rolls, and how to defend against a great jump shooting big in the future.
2. Blazers- two individually talented players, superior speed and athleticism. Spurs win. Lessons learned from guarding a jump shooting big worked on Aldridge and the speed and athleticism of the Blazers prepared the Spurs for the Thunder.
3. OKC - ISO heavy two man team, superior speed and athleticism with a paint intimidator, aggressive switching and trapping in the pick and roll. Spurs win. OKC taught the Spurs how to handle an ultra aggressive defense attempting to get easy buckets by forcing turnovers in transition. Learned how to handle the individual talents of great players in Westbrook and Durant and toughen up mentally. Learned how to break the trapping defense and even attack the paint against a great interior defender.

4. Heat - Jump shooting big (Thank you Dallas and Portland), Excellent small Forward (Thank you Durant), Speedy athleticism and ultra aggressive defense (Thank you OKC), Physical point guard (Thank you Westbrook), Closing out to shooters (Thank you Dallas).

This is why the Spurs came out on top and Duncan made the remark that they would win this year. He spoke with supreme confidence that the Spurs had already faced everything the Heat could throw at them and they had every counter in the book already laid before them.

Excellent take!

CGD
07-05-2014, 02:11 PM
What Lebron really wants is a recognition by Bosh and Wade that they are not on the same echelon as him, and for them to be paid accordingly to play with him. He's right, especially with respect to Wade.

Given the built in injury rest Wade gets, he should take the deepest cut. Riley SHOULD sign and trade Wade for a team with young assets (Cavs, Suns, Sixers), resign Bosh, and spend left over cash on FAs. But too much history with Wade, too much ego.

My money is on lbj getting the Max and begrudgenly staying with the Heat with a similar core.

ulosturedge
07-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Bosh and Wade opted out fully knowing the plan with Lebron was to restructure the contracts in a way that paid all 3 fairly (lebron max, bosh somewhat under that, and Wade somewhat less) while still having money to obtain a couple of good role players. No way Bosh and Wade walked away from 20mil a year for any other scenario. Lebron and Bosh are fully pressing Riley and the Heat to spend spend spend to upgrade the team. They are pushing the Heat to go over the cap to get Deng and maybe Morrow. But then again Riley knows that Lebron wouldnt back stab Wade by leaving. So either we have a big chess match going on, or Riley is working hard to make all the numbers work. Both sides know they are staying so it's more a matter of how much the Heat are willing to spend to get Lebron help. Obviously balls down to how much money each side is willing to give up to get the extra pieces. Both sides are playing hard ball. We'll see how this plays out.

xmas1997
07-05-2014, 02:50 PM
Riley playing hard ball with James?
:lmao

ulosturedge
07-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Riley playing hard ball with James?
:lmao

Well do you see Lebron foresaking Wade? Wade doesn't opt out unless there was some plan already in place. No ones going to pay Wade anything close to 20 mil. Maybe hardball wasn't the right word, but as I see it all these dudes are stuck with each other.

exstatic
07-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Well do you see Lebron foresaking Wade? Wade doesn't opt out unless there was some plan already in place. No ones going to pay Wade anything close to 20 mil. Maybe hardball wasn't the right word, but as I see it all these dudes are stuck with each other.

Wade opts out if James tells him he will leave if he doesn't.

xmas1997
07-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Maybe James realizes the mistake he made long term by putting all his eggs in the Wade basket.

tholdren
07-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Bosh and Wade opted out fully knowing the plan with Lebron was to restructure the contracts in a way that paid all 3 fairly (lebron max, bosh somewhat under that, and Wade somewhat less) while still having money to obtain a couple of good role players. No way Bosh and Wade walked away from 20mil a year for any other scenario. Lebron and Bosh are fully pressing Riley and the Heat to spend spend spend to upgrade the team. They are pushing the Heat to go over the cap to get Deng and maybe Morrow. But then again Riley knows that Lebron wouldnt back stab Wade by leaving. So either we have a big chess match going on, or Riley is working hard to make all the numbers work. Both sides know they are staying so it's more a matter of how much the Heat are willing to spend to get Lebron help. Obviously balls down to how much money each side is willing to give up to get the extra pieces. Both sides are playing hard ball. We'll see how this plays out.

I understand what you are saying, but I think Riley cares too much what people think of him, ego like lebron, to be the guy "who didnt get Lebron the help he needed."

xmas1997
07-05-2014, 03:57 PM
That is the problem possibly, ego.
All conjecture of course, but that Riley interview after the finals was very telling.
It was obvious he was leveling his attack at James.
I hope the Heat (Riley) fail miserably at attracting anyone to help James there.
The melt down would be memorable and deserved.
I am always happy to see the Mavs, Lakers, and Heat melt down, and to a lessor extent the Rockets and Thunder.

sexinthatsx
07-05-2014, 06:06 PM

Good points, but on the contrary, lets just hypothetically take away all that you have taken into account for what the Spurs have done this year. While Spurs faced a helluva conference, they managed to do so while avoiding / stalling injuries. Manu had a stress fracture after the finals from the bruising west. I would much rather have a team coast to the finals without any injuries and still take their chances at shooting well during the finals and playing good D to win than to have players injured by the time Finals rolls around.

Heat had an easy walk to the finals, but Wade's knees were taking a toll on him. If he was at even 90%, I expected him to make some of those turn around hook shots that all Spurs fans cringed every time Wade made them last year.

Russ
07-05-2014, 07:23 PM
Shabazz Napier unimpressive in his summer league debut for Miami (3-15, 2 assists, 8 turnovers).

Looks like LeBron is about as astute a GM for the Heat as he was for the Cavs.

Darkwaters
07-05-2014, 07:51 PM
I would definitely get a fair degree of smug satisfaction out of the Heat breaking it up this offseason. We would be the team that broke up the Superfriends!

tholdren
07-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Shabazz Napier unimpressive in his summer league debut for Miami (3-15, 2 assists, 8 turnovers).

Dont you remember Lebron in Cleveland?

Had to get him some Larry Hughes
Then Wally and Ben Wallace
Then Delonte (sorry that may have been Gloria Asking for that)
Then Mo Williams
Then Shaq

Not a Free Agent or Draft came in to Cleveland that Lebron didnt get the say on... Not that I blame Cleveland, but Lebron is just a loser

baseline bum
07-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Wow, James really wanted all those faggots in Cleveland?

cd021
07-05-2014, 08:56 PM

Summer league. Next game he could look like Gary Payton and that's all everyone will talk about. The PG situation has yet to be addressed for them. Despite Chalmers milk-boxing it in the postseason, he is still better than Cole and much more experienced than Napier. They have to be looking at Nelson as well but he could probably still net most of the MLE from a team (coming off a 12 ppg, 7 apg season, though he shot only 39.4% FG)

I don't understand the need for Deng unless its a homerun move to impress the big 3. I mean is Lebron going to play the 4 and Deng the 3 full time? and how doe that really help their rim protection and rebounding? it really doesnt. I think he heads to ATL.

xellos88330
07-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Good points, but on the contrary, lets just hypothetically take away all that you have taken into account for what the Spurs have done this year. While Spurs faced a helluva conference, they managed to do so while avoiding / stalling injuries. Manu had a stress fracture after the finals from the bruising west. I would much rather have a team coast to the finals without any injuries and still take their chances at shooting well during the finals and playing good D to win than to have players injured by the time Finals rolls around.

Heat had an easy walk to the finals, but Wade's knees were taking a toll on him. If he was at even 90%, I expected him to make some of those turn around hook shots that all Spurs fans cringed every time Wade made them last year.

The Heat definitely had an easy walk to the Finals but they never should have even made it there with a potential injury such as Wades. Instead, they were facing inferior competition and forcing their players to play longer than they should. In the west, a nagging injury to a key player almost always ends in an early exit. This is both good and bad. It is bad because I am sure they want to win, but it is also good to give them more time to heal up and prepare for next season before an even more serious injury can occur.

cd021
07-05-2014, 09:04 PM

Then Mo Williams
Then Shaq

Not a Free Agent or Draft came in to Cleveland that Lebron didnt get the say on... Not that I blame Cleveland, but Lebron is just a loser

That part never actually happened it was made up and then reported as fact.

as for the list....

Its up to the GM (Ferry) to weigh whether they were good fits or not.

I mean not wanting to include Hickson for Stoudimire is shockingly bad. Stat was still really good at that time.

Wallace, Wally and Shaq are were way over the hill and Jamison was in his mid 30's when they got him.

I put most of the Cleveland debacle on the Cavs themselves.

To be fair with the Hughes signing, he had like one ridiculous season (something like 22ppg, 5 apg, 7 rpg, and 2.3 steals) and Lebron wanted him as a side kick. They picked him up on a 6 year, $72 million deal. Didn't work out too well after that.

cd021
07-05-2014, 09:15 PM
What Lebron really wants is a recognition by Bosh and Wade that they are not on the same echelon as him, and for them to be paid accordingly to play with him. He's right, especially with respect to Wade.

Given the built in injury rest Wade gets, he should take the deepest cut. Riley SHOULD sign and trade Wade for a team with young assets (Cavs, Suns, Sixers), resign Bosh, and spend left over cash on FAs. But too much history with Wade, too much ego.

My money is on lbj getting the Max and begrudgenly staying with the Heat with a similar core.

Wade would actually have to agree to sign with that team and them to be traded. If he knew he was going to get shafted by the team he helped carry for a decade, then he wouldn't bother helping them. All 3 would have cap space to sign him as well, so no S&T needed.

Bosh is the one that could and should leave. If they don't pony up 5y/ $90 for him then he should bolt to Houston for 4 Y, $90 million. He'd be a much better fit in Houston and get the same money he is asking for in shorter time.

tholdren
07-05-2014, 09:37 PM
That part never actually happened it was made up and then reported as fact.

as for the list....

Its up to the GM (Ferry) to weigh whether they were good fits or not.

I mean not wanting to include Hickson for Stoudimire is shockingly bad. Stat was still really good at that time.

Wallace, Wally and Shaq are were way over the hill and Jamison was in his mid 30's when they got him.

I put most of the Cleveland debacle on the Cavs themselves.

To be fair with the Hughes signing, he had like one ridiculous season (something like 22ppg, 5 apg, 7 rpg, and 2.3 steals) and Lebron wanted him as a side kick. They picked him up on a 6 year, $72 million deal. Didn't work out too well after that.

While I agree, it's the GM's job, honestly, do you think they ran it all by Lebron? I think they had to, and I would to if I were Danny Ferry, or Cleveland. Lebron ran that show.

ulosturedge
07-05-2014, 10:00 PM
the big 3 salary is based on Zach Lowe's recent post along with Haslem's.

14-15 Season

1-Lebron-$20 Million
2-Bosh-$15 Million
3-Wade-$14 Million

4-Allen-$1.45 Million Min Salary Exception
5-Anderson-$1.45 Million Min Salary Exception
6-Haslem-$3 Million Room Mid level Exception
7-Hamilton-$816,000
8-Cole-$2.1 Million
9-Napier-$1.1 Million Rookie Exception
10-Vet Min. (possibly: Rashard Lewis)-$1.45 Million Min Salary Exception
11-Vet Min. (possibly: Caron Buttler)-$1.45 Million Min Salary Exception
12. Vet Min. -$1.45 Million Min Salary Exception
13. Vet Min. -$1.45 Million Min Salary Exception
------------------------------
$64.7 Million

If the Big 3s salaries are close to those numbersm then they are screwed. I've heard that they are pursuing Deng but that's unlikely given Atlanta is already in contract discussions with Deng and has more money to spend.

If i'm right wouldn't this put them at 51.9mil if they renounced everyone and signed Lebron, Bosh, and Wade to these contracts. That would leave 11.4mil to sign Deng if the cap is 63.2mil. Can you go over the cap with the room level exception? Then they would be 11.35mil over the cap with all the exceptions(74.55mil?) not counting bonuses. The end of the roster would be a bunch of scrubs and no Mario Chalmers. I don't know if that makes them that much better.

Russ
07-05-2014, 10:24 PM
Wow, James really wanted all those faggots in Cleveland?

I heard that LeBron vetoed a deal in his last season in Cleveland (2010) to bring in Amare Stoudemare. LeBron wanted Antawn Jamison instead and got him.

Jamison was a bust and the Cavs folded in the playoffs -- so LeBron left.

Stoudemare averaged 23.1 ppg and shot .557% that year.

baseline bum
07-05-2014, 10:28 PM
I heard that LeBron vetoed a deal in his last season in Cleveland (2010) to bring in Amare Stoudemare. LeBron wanted Antawn Jamison instead and got him.

Jamison was a bust and the Cavs folded in the playoffs -- so LeBron left.

Stoudemare averaged 23.1 ppg and shot .557% that year.

Wow, I guess he just didn't want to win in 2010 so he could go and join Wade. Everyone knew Jamison was garbage back when he played in Washington. :lol

cd021
07-05-2014, 10:34 PM
If i'm right wouldn't this put them at 51.9mil if they renounced everyone and signed Lebron, Bosh, and Wade to these contracts. That would leave 11.4mil to sign Deng if the cap is 63.2mil. Can you go over the cap with the room level exception? Then they would be 11.35mil over the cap with all the exceptions(74.55mil?) not counting bonuses. The end of the roster would be a bunch of scrubs and no Mario Chalmers. I don't know if that makes them that much better.

I think in order to use the room exception, they would have had to have been under the cap at some point during the season. I am not sure about that though. In theory they could do it that way but reports have it that Riley only offered Deng between $6-8 Million. So they probably aren't based on that range.

Initially it was reported that they were telling players that they had $12-14 million to spend. They, I'd imagine that they have an understanding with Haslem that would pay him for him opting out. They'd have to use the cap in order to do so if they renounce everyone other than the big 3.

They don't have deep enough pockets, in all likely hood, to nab Ariza, Deng, or even Stephenson. They need a big but don't seem to be targeting one, and if Melo stays put the Chicago, L.A.L., PHX, Houston and Dallas will be snatching up players that would have probably considered Miami but won't turn down the money thrown their way. Either way it would be will probably be minimal changes

therealtruth
07-05-2014, 10:43 PM
Riley needs to be able to convince an impact player to sign for probably 8-9m. I hope it doesn't happening. If the superstars aren't willing to sacrifice this time I doubt anyone else should.

exstatic
07-05-2014, 10:56 PM

I don't think you can just sign a few players, renounce everyone else, and then use cap room. Those minimum exceptions count AGAINST your cap room, and you have to have a roster exception salary place holder or a signed player contract for a minimum of 13 roster spots.

ulosturedge
07-05-2014, 11:42 PM
I don't think you can just sign a few players, renounce everyone else, and then use cap room. Those minimum exceptions count AGAINST your cap room, and you have to have a roster exception salary place holder or a signed player contract for a minimum of 13 roster spots.

Actually what I read is the place holders would be 500k for everyone renounced. So with the 20/15/14 for the big 3, Noris for 2mil, and releasing Hamilton; the Heat would have about 8mil to sign Deng or whoever. Then the rest of the roster would be the room exception and vet mins. The place holders would kill about 4mil in cap space. So what cd021 said about Riley's offer to Deng sounds right. The Big 3 would have to shed another 2 to 4mil a year for Deng's services. But again where would that leave them lol. Don't think Deng takes them over the top.

FireMicoHalili
07-06-2014, 12:19 AM

Ooh bad stat line. Let's base LeBron's eye for skill and Shabazz' future with one game, and summer league at that, sure. Even George Hill averaged just eight points and seven boards in the SL a few years back, what a scrub!

TheyCallMePro
07-06-2014, 12:28 AM
Everything came together for Miami. They're so lucky. Really, when you think about it, those 3 (Wade, James, Bosh) have taken more than 80% of the salary available to the team during their stay. The fact that GOOD veterans like Mike Miller, Ray Allen, and Shane Battier would take pennies to come there was very fortunate for them. Now Battier and Miller are gone, and Ray Allen is aging quickly. They can't replace those guys and Lebron knows it. He's gone.

Ice009
07-06-2014, 12:33 AM
I honestly don't give a shit what players do in summer league. I mean, sure, I watch it to try and get an idea of their potential, but I don't base my whole opinion on whether they are going to make it or not just based off of summer league. The only thing I care about is how the perform in the NBA when the lights go on and the pressure is on.

George Hill, even though he shot very poorly in the summer league, I didn't care too much about his shooting there. I wanted to see how he went in the NBA. In his first NBA game or two, he showed he was a gamer and much better player than people thought he was.

therealtruth
07-06-2014, 12:55 AM
Everything came together for Miami. They're so lucky. Really, when you think about it, those 3 (Wade, James, Bosh) have taken more than 80% of the salary available to the team during their stay. The fact that GOOD veterans like Mike Miller, Ray Allen, and Shane Battier would take pennies to come there was very fortunate for them. Now Battier and Miller are gone, and Ray Allen is aging quickly. They can't replace those guys and Lebron knows it. He's gone.

Pretty much. If the Heat resign the big 3 they're going to have maybe have 8-9m for one impact player. They are stuck either getting young, unproven players or vets that are willing to sign for the minimum to fill out the roster.

TheyCallMePro
07-06-2014, 12:57 AM

Then Mo Williams
Then Shaq

So much this. Lebron ruled the Cavs and had a lot of influence on who was on their roster. That's the main reason Dan Gilbert was so upset when Lebron left--he had done everything to appease him during his tenure there, and he still left. And now the mantra is that Lebron never received any help. Wow. Maybe they shouldn't have let him be GM then?

And I'm sick of everyone giving Lebron a pass for his "Cleveland years". They were by far the best team in the East for like 5 years, and even had the best record in the NBA a few times. The truth is Lebron choked many times in the playoffs. Take the 2007 Finals vs the Spurs for example. He only averaged 22 points and shot 35.6% overall and 20.0% on 3's. And he took every other shot. Yet his team was blamed completely for that sweep.

And I agree with Skip. Lebron was good in these Finals but not anywhere close to great. He would have a great quarter, and then disappear for the next 3. I thought he would put up 50 in game 5 when he said he needed to "play the game of his life", but no, he only played good in the 1st quarter, and then quit soon after. And he sat on the bench and sulked in the 4th, and no, I don't care that the Heat were down 20, you play anyways. You don't quit. Lebron quits. He deserves some criticism, and this new mindset that "everyone who criticizes him is being ridiculous" is BS. He deserves it. Not more than most, but more than some.

Old School 44
07-06-2014, 04:03 AM
LeBron and Riley already know that lebron's signing with the Heat. I don't know all the strategies behind it but i think they are just trying to jack up free agency and other top teams signings by giving other top contenders the false hope LeBron can be had. Strange to me how signings seem to be on hold... Everyone seems to be waiting on LeBron before they can really execute their major contract offers/signings.

therealtruth
07-06-2014, 08:16 AM
And I agree with Skip. Lebron was good in these Finals but not anywhere close to great. He would have a great quarter, and then disappear for the next 3. I thought he would put up 50 in game 5 when he said he needed to "play the game of his life", but no, he only played good in the 1st quarter, and then quit soon after. And he sat on the bench and sulked in the 4th, and no, I don't care that the Heat were down 20, you play anyways. You don't quit. Lebron quits. He deserves some criticism, and this new mindset that "everyone who criticizes him is being ridiculous" is BS. He deserves it. Not more than most, but more than some.

I think part of the reason for that was he didn't have enough in the tank. He had to do everything for his team. Then we defended him tough and also made him work on defense. That's what you have to do with great players. Don't allow them to have any energy to beat you. That means they have to rely more on their team.