PDA

View Full Version : "You Don't Speak For Me, Cindy"

Nbadan
08-18-2005, 11:48 PM
She reopened debate about war, and, boy, is she hearing about it
Joe Garofoli, Chronicle Staff Writer
Thursday, August 18, 2005

Whether one supports Sheehan's position or not, she put the war back on the front pages in the middle of August and brought the war home to suburbia in a way other antiwar organizers hadn't been able to do.

"Whenever people have talked about the war, they've talked about body counts, and after a while, people have grown numb to that," said Joseph Tuman, professor of political communications at San Francisco State University. "There's always been a real struggle in this country over the questions, 'Should we be in Iraq?' and 'How long should we be there?'

"She has made it OK to have these conversations, as they're now about her, " Tuman said. "She's given people a way to talk about the war again."

*snip*

As Sheehan supporters gathered at vigils Wednesday, Deborah Johns of Roseville was in Sacramento filming an anti-Sheehan commercial.

*snip*

Republican strategist Sal Russo produced the ad, and a spokesman for his consulting firm expects it to begin airing on CNN and Fox News within a week. And Johns will lead a caravan, dubbed "You Don't Speak for Me, Cindy," that departs San Francisco on Monday for Crawford. That effort is organized by talk- show host Melanie Morgan of San Francisco's KSFO-AM.

San francisco Gate (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/08/18/MNGNDE9H7N1.DTL)

I wonder if CNN will let them buy some airtime? Rest assured even if CNN decides to NARR these ads Chris Matthews, Wolfe Blitzer et al will air this ad OVER and OVER under the guise of having their (leftists?) pundits comment on it. The shills will make it known that they'll never have to shell out a dime to have it aired - CNN and MSNBC will make sure it has all the free airtime they can cram into their pundit-filled cable "news" shows (at least, as long as they can break away from the Aruba and killer shark stories).

Nbadan
08-18-2005, 11:59 PM
Sheehan Becomes Target For Conservatives

snip...
Not far from Vacaville, Deborah Johns is dropping everything to travel to Crawford next week. But she's going to speak out against Cindy Sheehan, who Johns says is aiding the enemy.

Deborah Johns, Elk Grove resident: "I believe it continues to give the insurgents the will to fight against our military men and women instead of thinking 'hey we're going to pull out of there like Somalia.'"

The mother of a marine who has served in Iraq has produced a TV ad for the conservative group calling Sheehan the "heroine of the blame America first crowd."

more:ABC News (http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=politics&id=3359551)

More:

Greenbrae's Melanie Morgan, a conservative radio host with KSFO, said she plans to fly to Texas next week and join a caravan of Bay Area people who are driving there to stand up for Bush and the Iraq war. Morgan said that, in the spirit of civic dialogue, she was glad to hear Marin residents participated in last night's vigils even though she doesn't agree with their opinion.

"It doesn't represent the rest of this country," Morgan said. "And I say that with great love to my neighbors."

snip...
Morgan said she is speaking up for millions of Americans who, although silent, remain committed to Bush and his policy in Iraq. Morgan said Sheehan and her supporters have every right to speak their minds, but so do people who disagree with them.

"The things she says undermine what's going on in Iraq and embolden the terrorists," Morgan said.

More:Link (http://www.marinij.com/marin/ci_2952271)

As if the war in Iraq needed undermining; because things are going swell, and what's this 'silent majority' crap, since when have you know a Republican to be silent about anything?

cecil collins
08-19-2005, 01:02 AM
I like how the republican attack machine always has a reason that you should do as they say. Embolden the terrorists? Yeah, it sure seems like they were reeling before this middle aged white lady came along to save them. If you don't jump on board with all actions of this government, suddenly you want them to fail and hate America. Just ridiculous accusations that aren't worth anyones time, yet they are accepted as valid reasoning.

exstatic
08-19-2005, 07:26 AM
I like how the republican attack machine always has a reason that you should do as they say. Embolden the terrorists? Yeah, it sure seems like they were reeling before this middle aged white lady came along to save them. If you don't jump on board with all actions of this government, suddenly you want them to fail and hate America. Just ridiculous accusations that aren't worth anyones time, yet they are accepted as valid reasoning.

It's called "having no argument to support your position". How can they possibly come up with reasons to stay, when the reasons to go in turned out to be such BS? Come correct, guys. Even RR was smart enough to pull out of Lebanon after the Marine barracks attack. "Staying the course" is probably the worst reason ever to keep sacrificing American lives.

Clandestino
08-19-2005, 07:58 AM
you think the u.s. should pull-out?