PDA

View Full Version : Shark Bite in So Cal

InRareForm
07-06-2014, 12:09 PM
http://www.dailybreeze.com/general-news/20140706/great-white-shark-attack-in-manhattan-beach-caught-on-video

Thebesteva
07-06-2014, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I love how the media is spinning it as a shark attack. In reality, a fisherman caught a great white shark off a pier and on its way during the fight it bought a swimmer in panic. Sounds more like human attacks and shark fights for its life

InRareForm
07-06-2014, 03:33 PM
Criminal charges should be brought imo

Thebesteva
07-06-2014, 04:00 PM
Criminal charges should be brought imo

I find it kind of creepy these guys are laughing hysterically at the fact a great white is in essence nearly killing this guy

RD2191
07-06-2014, 04:04 PM
I find it kind of creepy these guys are laughing hysterically at the fact a great white is in essence nearly killing this guy
I was thinking the same thing.

baseline bum
07-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Fucking hell, I used to swim that area all the time. The couple of times I have seen Great Whites they never bothered me, and I just calmly got to shore and got the fuck out for the day.

The Gemini Method
07-07-2014, 11:28 AM
It's a known juvenile/young adult Great White hangout due to the current bringing copious amounts of mackerel and other fish that the Great Whites covet. The blame can be on both parties as most of the time swimmers/surfers are warned about swimming within a certain amount of yards from the pier due to the fishing that normally goes on. Now, the laughing is a bit much and the shark is doing what it has been doing for its existence: survive.

DJR210
07-07-2014, 07:34 PM
Fucking hell, I used to swim that area all the time. The couple of times I have seen Great Whites they never bothered me, and I just calmly got to shore and got the fuck out for the day.

Oh hell no. The only thing calm about that situation for me would be trying not to bring attention to the shit running down my legs and out my shorts as I got out of the water.