PDA

View Full Version : Suns: Why Lebron to Phoenix makes sense.

midnightpulp
07-06-2014, 03:26 PM
Uh oh, could be some fortification going on in AZ

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-sunday-lebron-to-phoenix-makes-sense/

Is O&45 in jeopardy?

midnightpulp
07-06-2014, 03:44 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2119929-do-phoenix-suns-have-strongest-recruiting-pitch-for-lebron-james

However, none of those squads should be considered among the favorites.

The Lake Show doesn't have any established talent on the roster—other than Kobe—and there's no telling whether or not they'll be able to remedy that in the near future. Plus, could the Mamba and the King even work together on the same court?

Cleveland may be emerging as an increasingly competitive destination, but the team isn't ready to win right away. Plus, the duo of David Blatt and David Griffin is an inexperienced one, at least when it comes to their current NBA gigs as head coach and general manager, respectively.

The Rockets would have to slash their roster to pieces in order to land LeBron, and he wouldn't be able to receive a max contract while keeping the win-now appeal. And the Mavericks have the necessary core pieces, but they're too old to remain competitive into the back end of this upcoming contract.

So, that leaves the Heat and the Suns.

Thread
07-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Uh oh, could be some fortification going on in AZ

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-sunday-lebron-to-phoenix-makes-sense/

Is O&45 in jeopardy?

Not as long as you're blockin' the driveway.

midnightpulp
07-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Not as long as you're blockin' the driveway.

Yeah, but Mills with his shoulder, Manu with his stress fracture. Duncan could get hurt. Leonard could prove not to be the real thing.

Suns get James, it could be scary.

midnightpulp
07-06-2014, 03:55 PM
A musing from AZCentral, Cul:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2014/07/03/report-phoenix-suns-robert-sarver-meets-with-lebron-james-agent/12206003/

Thread
07-06-2014, 03:56 PM
Yeah, but Mills with his shoulder, Manu with his stress fracture. Duncan could get hurt. Leonard could prove not to be the real thing.

Suns get James, it could be scary.

I think it's all a ruse by Media to get thru the long holiday weekend. Should it happen I'll just have to weather it. I'd have nary other choice.

If I've learned 1 thing at 60 it's that anything is possible.

baseline bum
07-06-2014, 04:09 PM
I think it's all a ruse by Media to get thru the long holiday weekend. Should it happen I'll just have to weather it. I'd have nary other choice.

If I've learned 1 thing at 60 it's that anything is possible.

Could you imagine it though cub? What a run for you.

2013: The Achilles, The Begging, and Jerry gets sent to hell
2014: 48, 48.5, and worst of all, 5
2015: 1 & 46?

Thread
07-06-2014, 04:16 PM
Could you imagine it though cub? What a run for you.

2013: The Achilles, The Begging, and Jerry gets sent to hell
2014: 48, 48.5, and worst of all, 5
2015: 1 & 46?

And these fuckers here will drive you nuts when they're losing let alone winning. It'd be about untenable at ringage. I would just have to hope for injury or calamity to head it off at the pass. If he comes alone I could survive it. If he comes with somebody and Dragic & Bledsoe don't have to leave, it's gonna be a problem.

baseline bum
07-06-2014, 04:20 PM
And these fuckers here will drive you nuts when they're losing let alone winning. It'd be about untenable at ringage. I would just have to hope for injury or calamity to head it off at the pass. If he comes alone I could survive it. If he comes with somebody and Dragic & Bledsoe don't have to leave, it's gonna be a problem.

I'm right there with you rooting for O & 47. I sure as hell wouldn't want to see a starting lineup of Bledsoe+Dragic+James+Bosh+Plumlee in the West.

Thread
07-06-2014, 04:23 PM
I'm right there with you rooting for O & 47. I sure as hell wouldn't want to see a starting lineup of Bledsoe+Dragic+James+Bosh+Plumlee in the West.

Every morning I get up and peek at the NBA.com site. I'm on pins & needles over it.

I just can't see him in the deserts.

Killakobe81
07-06-2014, 04:30 PM

I doubt they keep Bledsoe if James comes but wouldn't matter they would still be great.

weebo
07-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Lebron wants a max deal and talent around him to win. In order to keep and/or land talent, Sarver will have to pony up. He already dismantled a good team to save a few bucks. No way Lebron goes to Phoenix. If anything Lebron will stay with the Heat, or possibly end up back with the Cavs.

Jeremy
07-06-2014, 04:36 PM
LeBron
Bosh
Plumlee > Birdman
Bledsoe > Wade
Dragic > Chalmers

I'd say that should be enough to overcome the Spurs, especially if they can keep a good bench as well.

baseline bum
07-06-2014, 04:37 PM
I doubt they keep Bledsoe if James comes but wouldn't matter they would still be great.

They actually can as Bledsoe only counts $6.6 million against the cap until re-signed. Then they can use Bird Rights to re-sign him up to the max after using their capspace. A pretty strange loophole in the cap that works great for late first round picks on cheap rookie deals who blow up in year 4.

baseline bum
07-06-2014, 04:44 PM
LeBron
Bosh
Plumlee > Birdman
Bledsoe > Wade
Dragic > Chalmers

I'd say that should be enough to overcome the Spurs, especially if they can keep a good bench as well.

Right now the best case scenario would be salary dumping Green and one of the Morris twins, as well as Goodwin and Warren. Then they could offer James $22 million, Bosh $15 million, go over the cap to re-sign Bledsoe, and have a roster of Dragic, Bledsoe, James, Bosh, Plumlee, one of the Morris twins, Len, and then minimum salary slots filling spots 8-14. So no chance on having a bench. That $2.33 million still owed Beasley that still counts against their capspace really hurts them here.

Killakobe81
07-06-2014, 04:47 PM
They actually can as Bledsoe only counts $6.6 million against the cap until re-signed. Then they can use Bird Rights to re-sign him up to the max after using their capspace. A pretty strange loophole in the cap that works great for late first round picks on cheap rookie deals who blow up in year 4.

Of course they can ...doubt they will. How can they if a big offer comes to Bledsoe how can they offer LeBron and another star that is interested? But despite their Lakers hate dont mind Suns ...more power to em

Thread
07-06-2014, 04:47 PM
LeBron
Bosh
Plumlee > Birdman
Bledsoe > Wade
Dragic > Chalmers

Just stating the last 3 are better than their counterpart is juvenile & quite naive, J.

Chris
07-06-2014, 04:52 PM
It makes a lot of sense, but Lebron wants nothing to do with the Western Conference. He likes a stacked game.

baseline bum
07-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Of course they can ...doubt they will. How can they if a big offer comes to Bledsoe how can they offer LeBron and another star that is interested? But despite their Lakers hate font mind Suns ...more power to em

I'm not following why you don't think they wouldn't jump at the chance to get James, Bosh, and Bledsoe together. It would work under the cap if Bosh takes $15M and LeBron $22M max, and even if Bledsoe is able to squeeze out $15M they'd still be $2M under the luxury tax after filling out the roster with minimum salary players. Of course James would only go there under the assumption they'd be willing to pay the tax in the future so they'd use the mini-MLE every season he's there.

Thread
07-06-2014, 04:55 PM
I'm not following why you don't think they wouldn't jump at the chance to get James, Bosh, and Bledsoe together. It would work under the cap if Bosh takes $15M and LeBron $22M max, and even if Bledsoe is able to squeeze out $15M they'd still be $2M under the luxury tax after filling out the roster with minimum salary players. Of course James would only go there under the assumption they'd be willing to pay the tax in the future so they'd use the mini-MLE every season he's there.

I can't read anymore. I'm going outside. Bye.

Infinite_limit
07-06-2014, 04:56 PM
It makes a lot of sense, but Lebron wants nothing to do with the Western Conference. He likes a stacked game.
Agreed. James is not a builder. Otherwise why not just return to Cleveland and become the citys GOD

baseline bum
07-06-2014, 04:57 PM
I can't read anymore. I'm going outside. Bye.

Duncan 5
Tired old shitbag Bryant 5

Splits
07-06-2014, 04:58 PM

I'm not so sure you can get Bosh for $15m, he just opted out of 2/$40. If he'd take $15m, Miami wouldn't be in this pickle.

baseline bum
07-06-2014, 04:58 PM
Agreed. James is not a builder. Otherwise why not just return to Cleveland and become the citys GOD

Because he doesn't win a title there and he'll be the Cleveland Ewing that everyone in town hates for not winning.

baseline bum
07-06-2014, 05:00 PM
I'm not so sure you can get Bosh for $15m, he just opted out of 2/$40. If he'd take $15m, Miami wouldn't be in this pickle.

Wasn't it reported pretty early on that he wanted $15-$16 million starting? I think he has his market value pegged pretty well. Can't see a team offering him anywhere close to the $22M max.

Splits
07-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Wasn't it reported pretty early on that he wanted $15-$16 million starting? I think he has his market value pegged pretty well. Can't see a team offering him anywhere close to the $22M max.

Only report I saw near $15-16m was out of Miami right after he opted out. There are plenty of inept front offices, I bet he could get close to max money from one of them and his agent is saying the same:

baseline bum
07-06-2014, 05:08 PM
Only report I saw near $15-16m was out of Miami right after he opted out. There are plenty of inept front offices, I bet he could get close to max money from one of them and his agent is saying the same:

Of course teams will tell him that in the hope it gets James to walk. I'd be truly shocked if LeBron walks and anyone offers that though.

ducks
07-06-2014, 05:14 PM
Starver with James would atleast pay tax tell they won a title

Xylus
07-06-2014, 07:47 PM
We have the young talent, the roster, the money, the training staff, and the weather. Everything Lebron could ask for in a free agent destination. Make it happen, McD.

Xylus
07-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Seriously, Dragic-Bledsoe-Lebron-Bosh-Plumlee is a disgusting starting lineup.

baseline bum
07-06-2014, 07:50 PM
We have the young talent, the roster, the money, the training staff, and the weather. Everything Lebron could ask for in a free agent destination. Make it happen, McD.

The fuck?

Xylus
07-06-2014, 07:59 PM
The fuck?

?

Warm winters

HemisfairArena
07-06-2014, 07:59 PM

If LeBron goes back to a small market team,,,,you can bet your bottom dollar it would be Cleveland not Phoenix.

Thread
07-06-2014, 08:00 PM
If LeBron goes back to a small market team,,,,you can bet your bottom dollar it would be Cleveland not Phoenix.

He comes here and my bottom is going to be numb.

Xylus
07-06-2014, 08:01 PM

Phoenix is the fifth largest city in the country. We have teams in every major sport. It isn't remotely small-market.

Thread
07-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Phoenix is the fifth largest city in the country. We have teams in every major sport. It isn't remotely small-market.

But, it is 1 horse, X.

baseline bum
07-06-2014, 08:04 PM
?

Warm winters

Thought you were trying to get that nigga for June. Could have stuck with Nash if February was the focus.

baseline bum
07-06-2014, 08:05 PM

Miami is a small market too; Miami/Ft. Lauderdale is the #16 TV market in the nation. #17 is Cleveland/Akron.

BlackSwordsMan
07-06-2014, 08:07 PM
He comes here and my bottom is going to be numb.

Superstars and kobe don't mix.
Ask shaq daddy and d.howard and Gasol and Odom let us proceed

HemisfairArena
07-06-2014, 08:07 PM

Cleveland has teams in every legitimate major sport,,,,no one counts NHL(unless you want to count Columbus). Hometown pull would trump Phoenix big time.

HemisfairArena
07-06-2014, 08:11 PM
Miami is a small market too; Miami/Ft. Lauderdale is the #16 TV market in the nation. #17 is Cleveland/Akron.

Miami has the same pull Cleveland does,,,play with friends or play in your home state. Dude seems sentimental about his choices,,,why else stay in Cleveland as long as he did and consider still staying in Miami with a broken Wade?

Thread
07-06-2014, 08:50 PM
^Scares the shit outta me because I cannot see him going back to Cleveland. Doesn't make a lick of sense on any level. He shows up here and I'll go back to Cleveland, by God.

Mori Chu
07-06-2014, 09:13 PM
Suns make a ton of sense from a bball perspective. But Lebron will never go there because:

- He hasn't forgotten what a greedy Jew Sarver was during the last lockout

- He is too self conscious about how he would be criticized as an NBA mercenary/vagabond if he switched teams again

He will go back to Miami. 100%.

DMC
07-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Lebron cramps up at 85 degrees, pretty sure he's not going to go for 116.

DMC
07-06-2014, 09:16 PM
Lebron stays in Miami. They have what they need other than a good PG and a bench. He won't get as close to that in any other 1st or 2nd year on another team, except the Spurs and he'd cut his balls off on national TV before he ever even talked to them.

CitizenDwayne
07-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Lebron stays in Miami.

Splits
07-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Of course teams will tell him that in the hope it gets James to walk. I'd be truly shocked if LeBron walks and anyone offers that though.

Seems like he's serilious about expecting a max contract if he doesn't rejoin Superfriends 2.0.

Sources say Bosh would expect a four-year maximum offer of $96 million to jump to leave Miami for Houston or any other suitor.

ESPN's Chris Broussard reported Wednesday that Bosh was seeking a five-year deal worth between $80-to-$90 million to re-sign with Miami, while Wade is thinking along the lines of $55-60 million over four years.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11184392/houston-rockets-ramp-pursuit-chris-bosh

Jeremy
07-07-2014, 12:34 AM
Lebron cramps up at 85 degrees, pretty sure he's not going to go for 116.

With the Suns training staff, he would never cramp up again. I'm with Xylus. I've said it from the start: Suns are the only team that makes sense for LeBron from a basketball standpoint.

DMC
07-08-2014, 07:56 AM
With the Suns training staff, he would never cramp up again. I'm with Xylus. I've said it from the start: Suns are the only team that makes sense for LeBron from a basketball standpoint.I don't see it. Why would he want to go to a team that missed the playoffs and couldn't win a ring in their best days?

Jeremy
07-08-2014, 01:39 PM
I don't see it. Why would he want to go to a team that missed the playoffs and couldn't win a ring in their best days?

They won 6 less games than the Heat, in the tougher conference. If they had been in the East, they may have won as many or more games than the Heat. Add LeBron and Bosh to that same core roster, and you have an instant championship contender. Cleveland is not an instant championship contender.

Venti Quattro
07-08-2014, 01:46 PM
It doesn't make any sense. LeBron will either stay with Miami or make reparations with Cleveland. It's always been down to two teams for him.

DMC
07-08-2014, 07:06 PM
They won 6 less games than the Heat, in the tougher conference. If they had been in the East, they may have won as many or more games than the Heat. Add LeBron and Bosh to that same core roster, and you have an instant championship contender. Cleveland is not an instant championship contender.But the Heat are.

Jeremy
07-08-2014, 09:23 PM
But the Heat are.

That's debatable. But I was mainly referring to if he decides to leave the Heat, the Suns are his best option basketball-wise.

spurraider21
07-08-2014, 09:25 PM
That's debatable. But I was mainly referring to if he decides to leave the Heat, the Suns are his best option basketball-wise.
its not debatable. they have nearly a free path to the finals. that by default makes them contenders

DMC
07-08-2014, 10:40 PM
That's debatable. But I was mainly referring to if he decides to leave the Heat, the Suns are his best option basketball-wise.You're talking about a team that just made it's 4th consecutive Finals appearance and won b2b titles. Phoenix never even won one title, not even with Barkley or anyone else for that matter. There's absolutely no reason Lebron should think Phoenix could be a legit contender in the West just because he's there.

baseline bum
07-08-2014, 10:48 PM

Nah, probably his best option basketball-wise if he left the Heat would be the Spurs tbh

Thread
07-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Nah, probably his best option basketball-wise if he left the Heat would be the Spurs tbh

Can ya imagine it?

baseline bum
07-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Can ya imagine it?

Gives me a full-blown rager just to think about it tbh

Thread
07-09-2014, 08:29 AM
Gives me a full-blown rager just to think about it tbh

& in a "normal" "world" makes perfect sense.