PDA

View Full Version : Spurs... can they get better?

xellos88330
07-06-2014, 11:20 PM
I was wondering today about whether or not the Spurs could become even better than last year? In 2013 Finals, we saw glimpses of great basketball. In 2014, it was on full display. Now having the system in place for 3 years with basically the same key members, can they improve on their astonishing performance?

My best guess considering the trend is that the Spurs will be better next year. Having won it all playing that style, can only add to the confidence and trust in each other, and the system.

What are your thoughts?

mando6599
07-06-2014, 11:24 PM
In my opinion, this year's "redemption" or "revenge" helped drive this team, coach Pop included. Next year there won't be that same stigma I'm afraid. They won't be better until Manu and Mills play and perform at the levels they're capable of and that may take a while considering their injuries. We'll just have to wait and see.

benstanfield
07-06-2014, 11:25 PM
I could see Beli and Ayres getting better in their second year with the team, especially so for Ayres. He was pathetic last year so there's nowhere to go but up.

Tough to see TP, Manu, or TD getting any better really.

Hard to foresee what will happen with Kawhi, whether he'll make the jump to an ~18 and 10 guy or stay doing his Shawn Marion thing in the RS.

Patty will be injured most of the year and for a player like him, it's hard to imagine a better year than 2014.

Baynes and Splitter are known quantities at this point. Boris will be Boris. Green will be Green.

KA is the real mystery. Will he carve out a rotation spot or do the De Colo thing?

Cory Joseph sucks and will continue to suck.

Darkwaters
07-06-2014, 11:34 PM
I don't think the growth of this team has so much to do with individual players improving. Sure, thats a component, but this team depends far less on individual play and more so on the TEAM. Hence, as chemistry improves and the players become more comfortable in this heavy ball-movement system, we'll largely get better and better. Seeing the benefits of this system showcased so clearly in the Finals is a nice motivator. But not having 6 looming over their head anymore is a detractor. One can only hope that this team takes it to another level. I'll buy what you're selling.

Mr. Body
07-06-2014, 11:36 PM
Big concern is keeping the hunger. Last year, as said, they were intensely driven to avenge the Miami loss. If they fall into the "flip the switch" mentality it could be trouble. That's a risk especially with no real roster overturn.

Mel_13
07-06-2014, 11:50 PM
They played at an extremely high level down the stretch and through the playoffs. There's always room for improvement, but performing below that level is more likely.

GoSpurs99
07-06-2014, 11:55 PM
The Spurs hit their stride in Game 3 of the Finals. THAT was the "Beautiful Game" that had shown itself here and there, at times disappearing with scoring droughts. But they found it, were consistent (save for the start of Game 5) and now they should know how to keep the ball from "sticking".

If they move the ball, personnel won't matter so much as moving without the ball and moving the ball side to side, in and out.

I feel this team will win more games than this year, and have a real shot to repeat...finally!

Old School 44
07-07-2014, 12:02 AM
I think they can get better, but the league will get better at defending them as well. As perennial contenders and now NBA champs, the bullseyes on their backs are even bigger. They might not say it publicly, and I don't think they have to do it to solidify their legacy, but winning the elusive back-to-back titles for the big three will be a great motivator for next season.

ElNono
07-07-2014, 12:08 AM
They can, but they can also regress.

They at least earned the benefit of the doubt until the playoffs roll around... They're going to have a target on their backs now, and teams will play harder to measure themselves against the Champs, even though Pop will probably massage minutes left and right, and the team won't be really whole until Patty comes back and has a few weeks with everybody.

I still expect ST to meltdown over December/January losses tho :lol

Mel_13
07-07-2014, 12:11 AM

And this gif will be posted in all those threads:

http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/4636903/cockypop2.gif

SpursFan86
07-07-2014, 12:12 AM
Like others have said, it'll be tough to return to where they were playing towards the end of the playoffs. That being said, there are still possible areas for improvement:

Kawhi - This is the most obvious one. If Kawhi can consistently play like he did vs. Portland/Miami, that will be a noticeable improvement.

Tony - Hopefully Tony can get back to where he was during the 2013 season

Green/Splitter/Mills - All of these guys are still at the stage in their career where they can still make improvements to their game

Joseph/Baynes - Joseph could take advantage of the offseason + Patty missing time and improve noticeably. Baynes could improve his consistency. He showed flashes of greatness (by backup big standards, of course) last season, but other times he looked pretty mediocre

Kyle Anderson - I don't see him coming in and having a noticeable impact on a team that's already so complete, but you never know

Belinelli - Might play a little better after having a year down in the system

MLE - We could pick up someone for the MLE who will immediately improve our team

Obviously none of these things are guaranteed, and some of them are quite unlikely. Just listing some possibilities. You also have to keep in mind that Duncan/Manu might experience some decline.

Splits
07-07-2014, 12:12 AM
Pop "perfected basketball" in February 2014. The Spurs were playing a different game than the rest of the league from that moment on.

Barring injuries, the onus is on the rest of the league to adjust since the Spurs are bringing back every core component.

Mikeanaro
07-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Maybe, I would love to see some players getting more minutes during the regular season, guys like Baynes Daye Cojo and even SoulGlo, and of course our regular cast must play to avoid getting rusty, our Big 3 should play just a few minutes per game ītill January.

Splits
07-07-2014, 12:13 AM

:lol how did I miss this?

Headed downstairs to find Dale....

ElNono
07-07-2014, 12:16 AM

:lol

Won't matter tho. By then, that's gonna be so 6 months ago...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-07-2014, 12:16 AM
I think the Spurs can improve. The were scintillating last season, not perfect, so there is always room for improvement, and their chemistry isn't going away, it will only strengthen.

I also think the hunger will be there - it is probably Timmy, Manu and Pop's farewell tour, and they still don't have a repeat on their resumes, something that would hurt down deep, so I think they will come back with a fire in their bellies.

Yes, because this place has unfortunately become heavily populated by morons who can't see the big picture. Every year we tell them that losses to good teams early in the season are meaningless, and every year they still freak out. Drama queens! :lol

ElNono
07-07-2014, 12:17 AM
:lol I'm actually kinda giddy looking forward to the first loss to OKC...

Mel_13
07-07-2014, 12:18 AM

Won't matter tho. By then, that's gonna be so 6 months ago...

It will incite the cliff jumpers, thus providing me with amusement.

Prime Time
07-07-2014, 12:19 AM
Lets not get too ahead of ourselves. I think any chances of the Spurs' repeating should be on Kawhi's shoulders. Duncan, Tony, Manu, and Boris were all huge components to the Spurs' championship run - each one will be in their mid-late 30's by next year. Duncan in particular will be one year short of 40.

Mills and Splitter are useful against a handful of playoff opponents, but there are some series where they don't see as serviceable as they could be.

I am yet to find any reason to believe Belinelli, Anderson, Ayres, Joseph, or Daye** (that is if he comes back) can consistently contribute in multiple playoff series. With that said, I fully trust Belli to hit a big-shot when the Spurs need it most.

At some point in the playoffs, the Spurs need an all-star to just dominate 1-on-1. In the past 2 post-seasons those players have been Parker and Duncan, but I'm not sure if they can keep holding that type of responsibility. Maybe it's just me, but I feel both players looked noticeably less mobile/agile compared to the 2012 and 2013 post seasons. Thus why Kawhi's emergence in series-clinching games were huge (22&7 against Portland, 17&11 against OKC, 22&10 against Miami.)

I feel Kawhi's ability to drive, finish, post up, shoot off the dribble, and rebound will be most critical this following season. He's had all the experience one would wish a 23yr old could have. From winning Finals MVP to losing the most heart-breaking finals in the past 20 years, missing championship-clinching free-throw in the process.

Training with Tim Grover could be a very underrated factor, and it's really the only way I think the Spurs can realistically win a championship against hungry teams like OKC - over expecting a 33yr old Parker/39yr old Duncan to carry the load while Kawhi waits in the corner.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Pop should make every play an ISO Kawhi possession. I'm just saying when the defense gets tight, the Spurs need someone to takeover for the team.

Mel_13
07-07-2014, 12:19 AM

You gonna bump the "Spurs can't beat good teams" thread?

Splits
07-07-2014, 12:21 AM

First? I can't wait until our third straight loss by January and the :cry why can't we beat elite teams :cry threads are polluting the front page.

Splits
07-07-2014, 12:22 AM
It will incite the cliff jumpers, thus providing me with amusement.

Since we had the 1 seed throughout this year, the upstairs mantra will be "we can't win without homecourt :cry"

Book it.

ElNono
07-07-2014, 12:24 AM

:lol somebody will beat me to it

baseline bum
07-07-2014, 12:25 AM
It's hard to imagine the team getting any better. The Spurs have had some amazing teams in the last 15 years and none of them have ever played at the level of the 2014 Spurs of the final three rounds. They have a great shot at going for the repeat with everyone back, but improving on the most dominant Finals in league history?

ElNono
07-07-2014, 12:30 AM
It's hard to imagine the team getting any better. The Spurs have had some amazing teams in the last 15 years and none of them have ever played at the level of the 2014 Spurs of the final three rounds. They have a great shot at going for the repeat with everyone back, but improving on the most dominant Finals in league history?

I agree with this. The 2014 team was absolutely dominant. I think there could be some side improvements, like Parker coming back healthier and with an extra gear more regularly.

We're going to have plenty of time to give to other players with Patty being out, Boris and Tiago playing in the Worlds (maybe Manu too), so there could be some extra depth added, which is always great.

Really looking forward to next season. If they can match the production of the 2014 team, I can't see them getting beat (barring some injury)

RD2191
07-07-2014, 12:32 AM
They can, but they can also regress.

They at least earned the benefit of the doubt until the playoffs roll around... They're going to have a target on their backs now, and teams will play harder to measure themselves against the Champs, even though Pop will probably massage minutes left and right, and the team won't be really whole until Patty comes back and has a few weeks with everybody.

:wakeup

intlspurshk
07-07-2014, 12:42 AM
Half of the league's teams tanked last year. This year will not be the same and it will be diffcult to gain top seed TBH.

Splits
07-07-2014, 12:42 AM
:wakeup

Asking now... should we tank for Okafor?

Malik Hairston
07-07-2014, 12:43 AM
Very, very unlikely, tbh..

The 2014 Spurs were one of the 3 best teams in the 90s/2000s/2010s eras, they were completely dominant against top-level competition..part of it is the roster and coach, but another part is just getting hot at the right time, tbh..

It can't be under-valued how much the 2013 loss to Miami helped motivate the Spurs for the 2014 season, too..everybody returned hungry and motivated..players like Diaw aren't guaranteed to be motivated for even a single week, but the loss to Miami helped motivate Diaw and keep him aggressive for an entire season/playoff run..

KaiRMD1
07-07-2014, 12:48 AM
I can see CoJo getting good this year.
the ol' sport showed some great flashes during the playoffs. From breaking Westbrook's ankles to this
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/corey-joseph-dunked-on-serge-ibaka-a.gif?w=1000

This team can definitely get better

Splits
07-07-2014, 12:49 AM

Pop has been pushing the NBA envelope in terms of adjustments and adaptation like no other the past couple of years. It's like he's moved the league from the mainframe/supercomputer era to the plug-and-play era. To a point where consolidated power is less efficient than distributed consistency. I don't know if he can keep it up, or if this is a "new era", but 2015 will be a benchmark.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-07-2014, 12:52 AM

Please do! I believe I'm in there talking sense a number of times. :lol

SanDiegoSpursFan
07-07-2014, 12:54 AM
I think Parker is gonna be in better form for the playoffs and regular season than he was this last season. I think he really wore himself down winning the Euro Title and it definitely showed in the playoffs, rest will be great for him.

Darkwaters
07-07-2014, 01:01 AM
The one thing that can, and always can, seriously derail a season is injury. That is, and always largely has been, our limiting factor. So long as we can stay healthy I like our chances.

RD2191
07-07-2014, 01:06 AM
Asking now... should we tank for Okafor?
I'm gonna have to say yes. Just no way in hell we repeat. Spurs had their moment. Don't think we can recapture the magic.

Splits
07-07-2014, 01:10 AM
I'm gonna have to say yes. Just no way in hell we repeat. Spurs had their moment. Don't think we can recapture the magic.

Got it

http://38.media.tumblr.com/aeae36972903fbdecf7b936a5a8f18e5/tumblr_n2b0pd5vye1tq3tjeo1_500.gif

hooperflash
07-07-2014, 01:11 AM
I could see Beli and Ayres getting better in their second year with the team, especially so for Ayres. He was pathetic last year so there's nowhere to go but up.

Tough to see TP, Manu, or TD getting any better really.

Hard to foresee what will happen with Kawhi, whether he'll make the jump to an ~18 and 10 guy or stay doing his Shawn Marion thing in the RS.

Patty will be injured most of the year and for a player like him, it's hard to imagine a better year than 2014.

Baynes and Splitter are known quantities at this point. Boris will be Boris. Green will be Green.

KA is the real mystery. Will he carve out a rotation spot or do the De Colo thing?

Cory Joseph sucks and will continue to suck.

How would Cory crack some playing time when we have Kris Joseph?

RD2191
07-07-2014, 01:11 AM
Got it

http://38.media.tumblr.com/aeae36972903fbdecf7b936a5a8f18e5/tumblr_n2b0pd5vye1tq3tjeo1_500.gif

Splits
07-07-2014, 01:14 AM
Wow, 68? So much for a slow offseason.

http://i4.minus.com/jyoI1GitRoXOk.png

superbigtime
07-07-2014, 01:31 AM
Spurs playoff performance in the Finals was legendary perfection, but I think Spurs can continue improving as a team. And they will have to because our division rivals and the Clippers will not stand pat. Beli will improve in his 2nd year. I expect Cojo to play well while Patty rehabs. Green will continue improving his all around game like he showed toward the end of the playoffs. Kawhi will surely improve as he asserts himself. Tim, Tony, Manu, Boris, Splitter will continue to do what they do. If Spurs land an impactful player for MLE like Aminu or Gasol, that obviously improves the team. I think Baynes will improve if he stays. Bonner, Daye, and Ayers ... I don't expect much playing time from them to show much.

100%duncan
07-07-2014, 01:33 AM

Now that you've mentioned it, me too.

skulls138
07-07-2014, 02:10 AM
In my opinion, this year's "redemption" or "revenge" helped drive this team, coach Pop included. Next year there won't be that same stigma I'm afraid. They won't be better until Manu and Mills play and perform at the levels they're capable of and that may take a while considering their injuries. We'll just have to wait and see.Yeah but if they win it next year the haters will truly be in pain. I want motherfuckers to hate basketball, just give up on the NBA all together, their player-worshiping-as-if-they-were-gods thinking just shattered in the wind, as well as the players who buy into it. Last championship was revenge against the Heat. Next championship should be revenge against the doubting, ignoring and disrespecting WORLD!!!

siraulo23
07-07-2014, 02:46 AM
Spurs can definitely improve, no question

but i dont think they'll ever play at such a high level like the did vs miami

NRHector
07-07-2014, 02:59 AM
I think next season the motivation is going to be to try to repeat they haven't done it

admiralsnackbar
07-07-2014, 05:20 AM
I like our chances, but the obsessive focus the Spurs had to right the wrong of 2013 will be hard to maintain. I'll grant that 2013 was theirs but for an amazing Ray Allen 3, but that was a close series, where 2014 was a complete ass-kicking. Repeating would require at least half as much focus as 2014, and certainly more than what the guys put forth in 2013 imo.

scanry
07-07-2014, 05:27 AM
Pop should pull what Phil did back in 1998 - "The Last Dance." Seeing that it'll be Tim's last year, make him go out on top.

Uriel
07-07-2014, 06:36 AM
:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry I love this team :cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

Mr. Body
07-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Pop hasn't figured out how best to use Diaw yet, by his own admission.

Leonard is still expanding his game, Green is actually starting to drive with some confidence.

There's room for a backup point to improve in the wake of Mills' injury. Ginobili may not be back to form. Belinelli has some personal things to prove.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Splitter trying some new things out (a mid-range jumper?).

As for motivation, fortunately this system/team can win 50 games in its sleep. They'll need to do better for homecourt, but they can crank it up in 2015.

This actually may not be Duncan's final year - his goal may be to play until he's 40 - and so the "win one last one for Timmy" thing might not be a factor.

ginobilized
07-07-2014, 11:00 AM
Health and another player are the unknown quantities. So much has to go "right', but, it is definitely within the realm of possibility that they improve.
Their versatility alone is freakish. I have never seen a squad that can counter about any lineup on a given night.
Bonner, Ayres, Anderson, Cojo and Baynes may be expendable. Can't wait to see what happens, after I watch the championship DVD 25x!!!

BatManu20
07-07-2014, 11:24 AM
I think we actually end up with a worse record next year (62-20 this season). Teams will be targeting us and likely playing their best games against us, and Pop is going to manage minutes regardless, even if it means sacrificing a few wins and costing us home court in the playoffs. I think OKC finishes with the best record in the West this season.

Also, this year's Redemption factor can't be overstressed. The taste of revenge is a powerful thing. They won't have that next season. So all in all, I wouldn't be surprised if we regressed a little bit. All that maters is being healthy come playoffs.

07-07-2014, 11:55 AM
Spurs have two positions they can upgrade at the moment. One is a true back up SF so we won't see Green/Ginobili/Belinelli playing out of position at SF. The second is a stretch PF to pair next to Duncan, Splitter, or Baynes. The series against the Thunder showed that a Bonner-type player is still effective at forcing the opposing defense to adjust. This led to less Ibaka in the paint. But even though Bonner helped, he didn't exactly shoot very well. I think he went 0-6 during his start before finally hitting a couple 3's. Some of his 3's were just ugly.

coopdogg3
07-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Spurs have two positions they can upgrade at the moment. One is a true back up SF so we won't see Green/Ginobili/Belinelli playing out of position at SF. The second is a stretch PF to pair next to Duncan, Splitter, or Baynes. The series against the Thunder showed that a Bonner-type player is still effective at forcing the opposing defense to adjust. This led to less Ibaka in the paint. But even though Bonner helped, he didn't exactly shoot very well. I think he went 0-6 during his start before finally hitting a couple 3's. Some of his 3's were just ugly.

I can see that. Kyle Anderson can maybe help with some of that. He can probably play a little SF when we go big, and we will see what his 3-point shot looks like in the pros. He has the potential to be a stretch 4. Still could use a TRUE back-up SF, maybe a TRUE stretch 4. We can maybe get one of those with the MLE if the Spurs let Bonner and/or Ayers go. Otherwise, I think we have what we have, and we can see what Kyle Anderson brings to the table.

Horse
07-07-2014, 12:53 PM
With Parker resting the summer he will be back to his old self. I could definetly see cojo, baynes and belli getting better. And if kahwi keeps this up they should just hand over 6 now.

DesignatedT
07-07-2014, 01:05 PM
The Spurs will be coasting until March. They will still rack up a lot of wins though. Just gotta stay healthy.

As far as the team being able to get better or not that all depends on how the younger players keep developing for the Spurs (Kawhi, Danny, Tiago, etc) and how well Parker comes back next year. Some drop off should be expected by our old guys but probably not a ton.

There's no reason why the Spurs can't play at least at a similar level to last year as long as the younger guys keep improving and they stay healthy though.

Purch
07-07-2014, 01:08 PM
Within 3 years you guys will be arguing that Kyle Anderson is surpassing Kawhi

ceperez
07-07-2014, 04:27 PM
The Spurs will be coasting until March. They will still rack up a lot of wins though. Just gotta stay healthy.

As far as the team being able to get better or not that all depends on how the younger players keep developing for the Spurs (Kawhi, Danny, Tiago, etc) and how well Parker comes back next year. Some drop off should be expected by our old guys but probably not a ton.

There's no reason why the Spurs can't play at least at a similar level to last year as long as the younger guys keep improving and they stay healthy though.

The team has a lot of really young players that can pick up the slack during the regular season.

I'm hoping we get a decent big or that Baynes becomes somewhat serviceable.

Cojo has been on the team like forever and he really needs to show improvement in his shot.

Anderson looks promising, but I don't know what position he'll be playing.

Daye is a specials teams kind of guy, unless he miraculously can bulk up.

I still can't see if Ayres can ever improve. Hopefully he re-constructs his shooting.

Belinelli needs to figure out how to make a contribution come play off time.

Splitter needs a mid-range shot.

.... actually.... the more you think about it... considering the youth of these players... the Spurs are going to be unstoppable.

Taking it to the Hole
07-07-2014, 05:17 PM
The Spurs can definitely get better but it is going to be much harder. They are going to be contending with improved teams in the West and they are going to be getting every team's best shot every night. If their role players can carry the burden even better than they did this past year then I can see long stretches of rest for the Big 3 and that should keep them fresh for the playoffs. Losing Mills to injury early in the season is going to hurt and I worry Mills won't be able to get into a rhythm like he did this past year. Green and Bellinelli are going to have to step it up as well as Kawhi. Kawhi has to consistently put up numbers like he did in the Finals. I think he is capable of doing it but time will see. I don't expect much from Kyle Anderson. He is going to be a rookie trying to learn the hardest playbook in the league. If the Spurs want to stay on top, there bench is going to have to carry them. That is the only way I see us getting better this coming year.

ceperez
07-07-2014, 06:29 PM
The Spurs can definitely get better but it is going to be much harder. They are going to be contending with improved teams in the West and they are going to be getting every team's best shot every night. If their role players can carry the burden even better than they did this past year then I can see long stretches of rest for the Big 3 and that should keep them fresh for the playoffs. Losing Mills to injury early in the season is going to hurt and I worry Mills won't be able to get into a rhythm like he did this past year. Green and Bellinelli are going to have to step it up as well as Kawhi. Kawhi has to consistently put up numbers like he did in the Finals. I think he is capable of doing it but time will see. I don't expect much from Kyle Anderson. He is going to be a rookie trying to learn the hardest playbook in the league. If the Spurs want to stay on top, there bench is going to have to carry them. That is the only way I see us getting better this coming year.

The team is definitely going to get better, but likely they will have a worse record than last season.

There's no motivation to get home court advantage.

In fact, I want to see the young players get a lot of burn in the first half of the regular season.

Duncan, Ginobilii and Parker should probably go on vacation during that time.

dbreiden83080
07-07-2014, 08:53 PM
Back to back is the only goal left..

Malik Hairston
07-07-2014, 09:04 PM
A lot of these reasons are false IMO..

The Spurs have always "gotten the best shot" from their opponents, that isn't going to change because they're the champs, tbh:lol..such a cliche..

Also, none of the teams in the West are going to improve dramatically, with the possible exception of Gasol to OKC, and even then, that move looks better on paper than it would actually look on the court..

The reasons to be skeptical: Age of Duncan, Ginobil's age and health, Mills's injury, Diaw's hunger and most important of all, the 2014 season was potentially the beginning of Tony Parker's decline, as he struggled for most of the year..

Kindergarten Cop
07-07-2014, 09:46 PM
A lot of these reasons are false IMO..

The Spurs have always "gotten the best shot" from their opponents, that isn't going to change because they're the champs, tbh:lol..such a cliche..

Also, none of the teams in the West are going to improve dramatically, with the possible exception of Gasol to OKC, and even then, that move looks better on paper than it would actually look on the court..

The reasons to be skeptical: Age of Duncan, Ginobil's age and health, Mills's injury, Diaw's hunger and most important of all, the 2014 season was potentially the beginning of Tony Parker's decline, as he struggled for most of the year..

Houston will be SIGNIFICANTLY better if they land Bosh - or even if they miss out on him and chase Rondo (as Windhorst suggests).

Mr Bones
07-07-2014, 09:52 PM
Houston will be SIGNIFICANTLY better if they land Bosh - or even if they miss out on him and chase Rondo (as Windhorst suggests).

I agree. The funny thing is, Miami could potentially get better if Bosh left, too. If they use the 15-20 mil earmarked for Bosh to land a couple of free agents like Greg Monroe and Al Farouq Aminu to go along with Josh McRoberts, they'd be a deeper team for sure.

Malik Hairston
07-07-2014, 09:52 PM
Houston has one of the worst coaches in the NBA, which is suicide in today's advanced era of basketball..their star player's style of play has not translated to the playoffs, so far, in both his attempts as the primary option of the team..there's no reason to fear them:lol..

Bosh and Dwight would be a frightening defensive combination, but McHale has shown no ability to utilize his offensive weapons..their 3rd option last year, Parsons, was a complete non-factor in the playoffs, party due to being under-utilized in the McHale-Harden system..

I was actually optimistic about Houston heading into this season, but seeing McHale and Harden in the playoffs has soured me on their future..

Kindergarten Cop
07-07-2014, 10:01 PM
Houston has one of the worst coaches in the NBA, which is suicide in today's advanced era of basketball..their star player's style of play has not translated to the playoffs, so far, in both his attempts as the primary option of the team..there's no reason to fear them:lol..

:lol Rondo, can't shoot from past 5 feet..

Houston was a match-up nightmare for us this past season, regardless what you think of their HC - and they would be an MUCH bigger nightmare if they were to get Bosh or Rondo without losing much (obviously needing to retain Parsons, which would be likely). Lin and Asik are nice players, but they are nothing compared to either Bosh or Rondo.

You can choose to discredit them (and I certainly hope your assessment is correct), but I think your opinions are far too hubristic*.

*Thanks Chinook. :)