PDA

View Full Version : ray allen

Biggems
07-07-2014, 09:37 PM
First off......I hate him from the bowen era......I know he is basically retired. However.....what about convincing him to delay retirement and bringing him on as our backup sf. He is a fitness freak.....deadly beyond the arc and at the line. I know he is a sg. I know he most likely stays in miami if he plays. Still it is food for thought......especially with mills and manu injured.

jon123spurs
07-07-2014, 09:39 PM
No......not just no but HELL NO!

Kindergarten Cop
07-07-2014, 09:40 PM
First off......I hate him from the bowen era......I know he is basically retired. However.....what about convincing him to delay retirement and bringing him on as our backup sf. He is a fitness freak.....deadly beyond the arc and at the line. I know he is a sg. I know he most likely stays in miami if he plays. Still it is food for thought......especially with mills and manu injured.

Reports are that he follows LeBron wherever he goes (whether it be Miami, Cleveland, or any other team).

EVAY
07-07-2014, 09:41 PM
No......not just no but HELL NO!

RD2191
07-07-2014, 09:45 PM
:lol

soxxx
07-07-2014, 09:56 PM
Hes going wherever Lebron goes, so Cleveland.

spursparker9
07-07-2014, 10:02 PM
Hell no!

Its like asking Fisher to play for the Spurs.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/hell-naw.gif

SpursFan86
07-07-2014, 10:04 PM
Yeah, he literally came out and said he wants to keep with LeBron regardless of the team.

Ice009
07-07-2014, 10:15 PM
Yeah, he literally came out and said he wants to keep with LeBron regardless of the team.

When did he say this? So he actually said that he'd follow Lebron wherever he goes?

Kindergarten Cop
07-07-2014, 10:17 PM
When did he say this? So he actually said that he'd follow Lebron wherever he goes?

http://nesn.com/2014/06/report-ray-allen-plans-to-follow-lebron-james-wherever-he-lands-in-free-agency/

Ice009
07-07-2014, 10:19 PM
lol. Didn't really want Allen as I thought he was a bitch from back in the day, but now he's attaching himself to the best player in the NBA and will go wherever he goes, yep, he's still a bitch.

Thanks for the link.

Kindergarten Cop
07-07-2014, 10:21 PM
lol. Didn't really want Allen as I thought he was a bitch from back in the day, but now he's attaching himself to the best player in the NBA and will go wherever he goes, yep, he's still a bitch.

Thanks for the link.

:toast

Mugen
07-07-2014, 10:23 PM
Fuck Ray Allen tbh.

AFBlue
07-07-2014, 10:28 PM
Eff Ray Allen. I was so glad they started calling his bullshit push offs to get open after that supposed "highlight" dunk where he clearly fouled Belinelli to create separation on the break. I can't stand his ugly mean mugging face tbqh...happy that the Spurs and Patty made him their bitch.

AFBlue
07-07-2014, 10:31 PM
In case you are wondering, that's a "no" from me.

Malik Hairston
07-07-2014, 10:48 PM
Ray Allen is a piece of shit, tbh..isn't Bruce still close with the Spurs, too?..I don't think that would go well on either side:lol..

Splits
07-07-2014, 11:00 PM
Maybe we could bring in Jason Terry and D-Fish as well.

Idiot.

Kool Bob Love
07-07-2014, 11:02 PM
Hell no!

DJR210
07-07-2014, 11:26 PM
This fool has a latina looking wife, and a black son with fucking blue eyes, and you want him in a Spurs jersey? Wtf is wrong with you?

hater
07-07-2014, 11:46 PM
he's a dead body

why not just unearth Tiny Nate Archibald and call it an offseason?

Biggems
07-07-2014, 11:51 PM
Maybe we could bring in Jason Terry and D-Fish as well.

Idiot.

Go fuck yourself bitch.......it was just an idea. .....one I wasnt too keen on myself. Just throwing something new out there to get people talking......btw on a positive note.....this one of the few times the board stands united.

Biggems
07-07-2014, 11:52 PM
This fool has a latina looking wife, and a black son with fucking blue eyes, and you want him in a Spurs jersey? Wtf is wrong with you?

Never said I wanted him......just an honest idea for an addition. For me the only player I would never accept would be karl malone

DJR210
07-07-2014, 11:54 PM
Have you pre-ordered your Ray Allen Spurs jersey yet?

Splits
07-08-2014, 12:05 AM
Go fuck yourself bitch.......it was just an idea. .....one I wasnt too keen on myself. Just throwing something new out there to get people talking......btw on a positive note.....this one of the few times the board stands united.

Do us all a favor the next time your brain quiefs and just step away from the keyboard. Not every retard thought that somehow finds its way into your frontal lobe is threadworthy.

And :lol "board stands united" by everyone agreeing that your "idea" is the stupidest thus far in the offseason.

Sean Cagney
07-08-2014, 12:23 AM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Kidd K
07-08-2014, 03:07 AM
A few years ago I would have said yes. 2012 was the last year I'd have taken him over Green (let's be real, its his spot he'd be taking).

But come on. Green is literally a better 3pt shooter than Allen now, and is WAY better on defense. Allen is not needed or wanted. I'll take Pau Gasol though, thanks.

100%duncan
07-08-2014, 03:19 AM
ElNono nonono

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-08-2014, 03:37 AM
So much hate for Ray Ray. OCD-level commitment to winning basketball games, great competitor, best shooter the game has seen, and hit the biggest shot in Finals history (arguable, but he has a strong case) - unfortunately it was against us. :(

Still, no reason for the hate IMO, and I can see why he wants to play with LBJ.

PS I know the history but I don't hate just because others tell me to, and to tell the truth Bowen did tunnel him a few times... ;)

slick'81
07-08-2014, 03:40 AM
Fck no

Baam
07-08-2014, 03:48 AM
I'd trade Beli for Ray Allen even at his age in an heartbeat, but he just can't play with Beli and Manu, the defense would be historically bad...

foodie2
07-08-2014, 06:59 AM
OMG the day the Spurs sign this dirty sneering no-defense playing coattail riding asshole is the day I quit them.

So that would be a "no".

baseline bum
07-08-2014, 07:05 AM
I'd take him. People forget that the Spurs signed Robert Horry two months after he intentionally dropped David Robinson with a cheapshot slap to the nuts. And he stole a title from the Spurs too, in 1995. The fanbase hated him.

TampaDude
07-08-2014, 03:42 PM
And he stole a title from the Spurs too, in 1995.

Horry may have stolen a title from the Spurs in 1995, but he gave it back in 2005. :hat

philldafunk
07-08-2014, 06:45 PM
I never thought I'd see Robert Horry in silver and black.... You can't come to a team that you pulled a game 6 on though.

th3answ3r
07-08-2014, 06:47 PM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/9/94/94dccbae_RAY-ALLEN-TWITTER-TWEET.jpeg

SURGE
07-08-2014, 07:08 PM
He will go to Cleveland

baseline bum
07-09-2014, 08:49 PM
With LeBron to Cleveland the Spurs should make a run at Allen with the MLE. Two years with a partially guaranteed third year the team can trade away.

xmas1997
07-09-2014, 09:13 PM
With LeBron to Cleveland the Spurs should make a run at Allen with the MLE. Two years with a partially guaranteed third year the team can trade away.

Ho only wants to play with James.

TampaDude
07-09-2014, 09:16 PM

Cleveland is going after Allen and Miller, too. Cavs ain't fucking around.

Ice009
07-09-2014, 09:21 PM

You want to give Allen the full MLE? WTF.

baseline bum
07-09-2014, 09:48 PM
You want to give Allen the full MLE? WTF.

Hopefully not the full MLE.

dg7md
07-10-2014, 06:16 AM
Hell no!

Not exactly. Fisher made a career out of killing the Spurs and is a prick that used his daughter's illness to get him on better teams. Ray Allen was a Spurkiller for just once in his career (yes, it was a big one, I know. Believe me, I was there.) Ray Allen is far more respectable person than Fish.

What Ray Allen did was arguably bigger than anything Fisher did (not discounting our odds to win the Finals in the years Fisher buried us), it'd be crazy to not want him on our team if we could get him. A masterful 3 point shooter in our system would be such a beautiful sight.

That being said it's unlikely he comes here, but I'd be disheveled to say the least if the front office discounted him if he did want to play for us.

~O~
07-10-2014, 06:51 AM
I don't even know how you could consider this after last season. Didn't need him to beat him this season.

exstatic
07-10-2014, 06:59 AM
I'd take him. People forget that the Spurs signed Robert Horry two months after he intentionally dropped David Robinson with a cheapshot slap to the nuts. And he stole a title from the Spurs too, in 1995. The fanbase hated him.

Horry wasn't 38 with no fucking shred of defense left when we signed him.

spursparker9
07-10-2014, 07:06 AM
Ray Allen is Lebron's bitch

spurspokesman
07-10-2014, 07:07 AM
Even as a uconn fan I say no. Of all the huskies I'd have to say he has been the most annoying with his antics. Ring chasing Ray can take his talents to cleveland right along with lebron. Btw it felt good beating him and the superfriends this year

Brazil
07-10-2014, 07:25 AM
I'd take him in a heart beat

Within Spurs system coming off the bench dude would be deadly. I get all the hate but you are nuts if you don't think he would be a great addition if he came for a reasonable price.

Frank Dux
07-10-2014, 10:19 AM

Came here to say the same thing. Fans HATED Horry before he got here and plenty of us still resented him during his first year with the Spurs. Funny how opinions can change when a player becomes a difference-maker in critical playoff games.

And people are talking about Ray Allen like he's Karl Malone. He had a rivalry with Bowen and hit a historically big shot against us. That's enough to hate him but not enough to say he's never welcome here. I'd take him as a Steve Kerr-like reserve in a heartbeat.

baseline bum
07-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Came here to say the same thing. Fans HATED Horry before he got here and plenty of us still resented him during his first year with the Spurs. Funny how opinions can change when a player becomes a difference-maker in critical playoff games.

And people are talking about Ray Allen like he's Karl Malone. He had a rivalry with Bowen and hit a historically big shot against him. That's enough to hate him but not enough to say he's never welcome here. I'd take him as a Steve Kerr-like reserve in a heartbeat.

Malone is the one guy I drew the line at. Had Malone have come in 2005 I would not have watched another Spurs game that year. I hate Malone the way I hate Rick Perry, and no way the Spurs win in 05 with that fucking choking piece of shit. Could you imagine if Rob's shot drops in Game 5 in 03, the Lakers win the title, Warm Karl comes to SA (he said he was going to play with whichever team lost), Rob reups inLA, and the Spurs go into Game 5 in Auburn Hills with Karl fucking Malone instead of Big Shot Rob? Are the Spurs still stuck on one? One fucking shot goes down instead of popping out and we're watching Malone shit away another title.

Frank Dux
07-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Malone is the one guy I drew the line at. Had Malone have come in 2005 I would not have watched another Spurs game that year. I hate Malone the way I hate Rick Perry, and no way the Spurs win in 05 with that fucking choking piece of shit. Could you imagine if Rob's shot drops in Game 5 in 03, the Lakers win the title, Warm Karl comes to SA (he said he was going to play with whichever team lost), Rob reups inLA, and the Spurs go into Game 5 in Auburn Hills with Karl fucking Malone instead of Big Shot Rob? Are the Spurs still stuck on one? One fucking shot goes down instead of popping out and we're watching Malone shit away another title.

Ha. Yep! I was ready to walk as a fan during the talks with Malone. Horry I managed to stomach. Malone would have been unforgivable. It puts the Ray Allen fantasy scenario into perspective.

baseline bum
07-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Ha. Yep! I was ready to walk as a fan during the talks with Malone. Horry I managed to stomach. Malone would have been unforgivable. It puts the Ray Allen fantasy scenario into perspective.

I wanted Rob though, king of the intangibles and a clutch ass motherfucker. Just like when I got a hard-on hearing that Pop signed Mario Elie and told VDN to GTFO.

Frank Dux
07-10-2014, 12:00 PM
I wanted Rob though, king of the intangibles and a clutch ass motherfucker. Just like when I got a hard-on hearing these Pop signed Mario Elie and told VDN to GTFO.

I was blinded by homer glasses. I didn't want the Spurs to have anything to do with him. I got over it fairly quickly. lol

illusioNtEk
07-10-2014, 01:00 PM
green > allen

nuff said

dg7md
07-10-2014, 01:44 PM

And people are talking about Ray Allen like he's Karl Malone. He had a rivalry with Bowen and hit a historically big shot against us. That's enough to hate him but not enough to say he's never welcome here. I'd take him as a Steve Kerr-like reserve in a heartbeat.

It is pretty crazy to think that Horry went from a hated figure into a Spurs legend just like that.

TheyCallMePro
07-10-2014, 01:57 PM
He can rot in Hell!

In Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

baseline bum
07-10-2014, 01:59 PM
It is pretty crazy to think that Horry went from a hated figure into a Spurs legend just like that.

He went from hated to loved to hated when he missed that three by a foot with a minute left in Game 5 vs LA in 04 (FF to 4:50 mark in the video) to loved for good when he shat all over Denver in the first round

tnfOuPtDRfk

florige
07-10-2014, 02:51 PM
Hell no!

While I dislike Ray Allen, I do at least respect him because he was, and to some degree still is a good shooter. But Fisher on the other hand is just a lucky faggot that always just happened to be in the exact right spot especially when that little lucky prick played us for whatever reason.

Ginobili3
07-10-2014, 04:46 PM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/9/94/94dccbae_RAY-ALLEN-TWITTER-TWEET.jpeg

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Taking it to the Hole
07-10-2014, 04:55 PM
It is a known fact that Ray Allen has been diagnosed with the disease as "Coattailitis". Interesting enough it works off the same concept of a parasite living off it's healthy host.

EVAY
07-10-2014, 06:04 PM
green > allen

nuff said

This. When I quoted the 'not no but hell no' it had nothing to do with his shot last year or even his Bowen-bashing days. It is that the guy is sleazy on court, plays zero defense, and is way over the hill. Just because he has a good work ethic and can shoot, he cannot blend with this Spurs team. No way. No how. Hell no.

Jenks
07-10-2014, 06:17 PM
Horry may have stolen a title from the Spurs in 1995, but he gave it back in 2005. :hat
Let's also thank Horry for gifting us the title in 2003. If he made the game winner in game 5 of the WCF like he seemed to every other time, Lakers 4peat without a doubt.

dunkman
07-10-2014, 07:36 PM
Paul Pierce is a much better fit, also has always been the better player. The Spurs have Manu, Green and Belli at SG.