PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Which Is Worse?

ezau
07-08-2014, 09:20 PM
This?

http://i.imgur.com/t2Mxo99.png

OR This?

http://fantasybasketballmoneyleagues.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Spurs-Sweep-Lakers.jpg

MeloHype
07-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Lakers

spurraider21
07-08-2014, 09:23 PM
i get the thread, but i'll say brazil. soccer is literally the only thing the country of brazil has going for it :lol

Venti Quattro
07-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Brazil is worse because this was a good match-up turned bad

Clipper Nation
07-08-2014, 09:26 PM
Nobody cares about third-world kickball, so I'm going with The Sweep :lol

ezau
07-08-2014, 09:26 PM
i get the thread, but i'll say brazil. soccer is literally the only thing the country of brazil has going for it :lol

They still have Tiago Splitter, NBA champion:toast

Venti Quattro
07-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Nobody cares about third-world kickball, so I'm going with The Sweep :lol
Nobody cares about soccer in Asia, of course

Clipper Nation
07-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Don't know jackshit about Asia, but here in North America (i.e. the most relevant part of the world), we don't give a shit about that third-world lawn game :lol

TampaDude
07-08-2014, 09:30 PM
The first one. 50 years from now, people will still be talking about today's beatdown of Brazil.

spurraider21
Clipper Asia's asshole getting tight :lol

Venti Quattro
Clipper Asia's asshole getting tight :lol

:lmao :lmao Clipper Asian :lmao :lmao

Get in here lefty! :lmao :lmao

Reck
07-08-2014, 09:34 PM
The first one. 50 years from now, people will still be talking about today's beatdown of Brazil.

I dont know jack squat about soccer but ain't Brazil like the alpha team of all soccer teams? In 50 years they'll probably have 10+ more world cups tbh.

NRHector
07-08-2014, 09:35 PM
The Lakers, they lost against a team that is considered senior citizens by NBA standards

Venti Quattro
07-08-2014, 09:36 PM
I dont know jack squat about soccer but ain't Brazil like the alpha team of all soccer teams? In 50 years they'll probably have 10+ more world cups tbh.

They aren't anymore

spurraider21
07-08-2014, 09:37 PM
brazil's last WC win was in 02, against germany no less. back when Fat Ronaldo was the best finisher in the game. Klose is very similar to Fat Ronaldo tbh, both are elite finishers who basically cherrypick. its effective, no doubt, but i dont put them on the same echelon of other great strikers. Muller is similar but i think he's more talented than klose. he can actually finish from outside the box

Venti Quattro
07-08-2014, 09:39 PM
Germany won 7-1 but Özil still found a way to choke... disconcerting as an Arsenal fan, tbh

Thread
07-08-2014, 09:41 PM

MeloHype
07-08-2014, 09:46 PM
Irreverent

spurraider21
07-08-2014, 09:58 PM
Germany won 7-1 but Özil still found a way to choke... disconcerting as an Arsenal fan, tbh
:lol turk
:lol fucking up an easy goal
:lol leads directly the brazil's only goal
:lol having a terrible world cup
:lol turk

Thread
07-08-2014, 10:11 PM
Irreverent

Not as long as I draw breath.

ezau
07-08-2014, 10:29 PM

But, but Korea and Japan are the best in Asia :cry

ezau
07-08-2014, 10:30 PM

Why is this 2014 non-champion in here? :lol

Thread
07-08-2014, 10:34 PM
Why is this 2014 non-champion in here? :lol

Because you gave away an NBA Title.

ezau
07-08-2014, 10:35 PM
Because you gave away an NBA Title.

Are you gay? Yes or no?

Thread
07-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Are you gay? Yes or no?

I'm gonna make ya wait for the answer.

TampaDude
07-08-2014, 10:37 PM

Yes, the margin of victory was 6.

Thread
07-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Yes, the margin of victory was 6.

Don't be purposely obtuse. You fucked you and I ain't ever lettin' ya's forget it. EVER.

The Bay stays in Texas.

ezau
07-08-2014, 10:38 PM
I'm gonna make ya wait for the answer.

Keep dodging:lol

TampaDude
07-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Don't be purposely obtuse. You fucked you and I ain't ever lettin' ya's forget it. EVER.

The Bay stays in Texas.

I fucked me? What the fuck are you talking about, loser?

ezau
07-08-2014, 10:40 PM

The Bay stays in Texas.

Do you like DOK?

Thread
I fucked me? What the fuck are you talking about, loser?

Only the thoroughly vanquished lodge the grammar indictment.

lmvictoriousao!!!

Thread
Do you like DOK?

In those cords? He's absolutely adorable.

ezau
07-08-2014, 10:41 PM

Do you like men? Yes or no?

Splits
07-08-2014, 10:42 PM
Don't know jackshit about Asia, but here in North America (i.e. the most relevant part of the world), we don't give a shit about that third-world lawn game :lol

:lol "greatest country in the world" (what, are you 7 years old?)
:lol American cricket
:lol American rugby

Thread
07-08-2014, 10:43 PM
Do you like men? Yes or no?

Of course. I'm crazy about Dave Kingman, Robert Conrad, Richard Nixon, Dana Andrews, L.Q. Jones. On & on.

ezau
07-08-2014, 10:45 PM
Of course. I'm crazy about Dave Kingman, Robert Conrad, Richard Nixon, Dana Andrews, L.Q. Jones. On & on.

Do you like Duncan winning his 5th last June 15?

TampaDude
07-08-2014, 10:46 PM
Only the thoroughly vanquished lodge the grammar indictment.

lmvictoriousao!!!

What grammar indictment? I am eternal and can never be vanquished. You lost this battle a long time ago, Cubby, yet you are too dumb to realize it.

Thread
07-08-2014, 10:47 PM
What grammar indictment? I am eternal and can never be vanquished. You lost this battle a long time ago, Cubby, yet you are too dumb to realize it.

Only pussies & assholes lodge the grammar indictment.

ezau
07-08-2014, 10:48 PM

Which is worse? Lakers getting skunked or Brazil losing 7-1?

Thread
07-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Which is worse? Lakers getting skunked or Brazil losing 7-1?

I don't do soccer. It's my religion.

TampaDude
07-08-2014, 10:52 PM

What I posted was not an indictment of your grammar, but rather a refutation of your claim. Not surprisingly, your feeble mind was unable to comprehend this.

ezau
07-08-2014, 10:53 PM
I don't do soccer. It's my religion.

Fair enough.

Thread
07-08-2014, 10:53 PM
What I posted was not an indictment of your grammar, but rather a refutation of your claim. Not surprisingly, your feeble mind was unable to comprehend this.

Only pussies & assholes use the grammar indictment.

whitemamba
07-08-2014, 11:02 PM
OP is salty as fuck tbh

100%duncan
07-08-2014, 11:06 PM

Bend over and I'll show ya some adorable.

ezau
07-08-2014, 11:08 PM
OP is salty as fuck tbh

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

whitemamba
07-08-2014, 11:10 PM
:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

http://media.giphy.com/media/gFwZfXIqD0eNW/giphy.gif

TampaDude
07-08-2014, 11:15 PM

Fine. Because I did not use the grammar indictment, I am neither a pussy nor an asshole.

Can't say the same about you, though.

Thread
07-08-2014, 11:25 PM
Fine. Because I did not use the grammar indictment, I am neither a pussy nor an asshole.

Can't say the same about you, though.

You used it. And only pussies & assholes use the grammar indictment.

TampaDude
07-08-2014, 11:26 PM
You used it. And only pussies & assholes use the grammar indictment.

No, I did not. You're just too fucking retarded to know the difference.

Thread
07-08-2014, 11:29 PM
No, I did not. You're just too fucking retarded to know the difference.

You used it. I caught you and you ain't gettin' away with it.

ezau
07-08-2014, 11:32 PM

Duncan>Kobe

TampaDude

You can lie all you want, but everyone here knows you're a liar, so anything you say doesn't really count. You don't really count. As a matter of fact, the world would be a much better place if you just killed yourself.

Thread
Duncan>Kobe

The Bag stays in Texas.

ezau
07-08-2014, 11:46 PM
The Bag stays in Texas.

Duncan>Kobe

Thread
07-08-2014, 11:48 PM
Duncan>Kobe

The Bag stays in Texas.

ezau
07-09-2014, 12:02 AM
The Bag stays in Texas.

Duncan>Kobe

FkLA
07-09-2014, 12:14 AM
brazil's last WC win was in 02, against germany no less. back when Fat Ronaldo was the best finisher in the game. Klose is very similar to Fat Ronaldo tbh, both are elite finishers who basically cherrypick. its effective, no doubt, but i dont put them on the same echelon of other great strikers. Muller is similar but i think he's more talented than klose. he can actually finish from outside the box

Youre a dumbass. Fat Ronaldo was a beast and alot more than just a cherrypicker. Prime Klose does not come close to a prime Ronaldo tbh.

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 12:17 AM
Youre a dumbass. Fat Ronaldo was a beast and alot more than just a cherrypicker. Prime Klose does not come close to a prime Ronaldo tbh.
not really... for either player in his prime, the team mentality was "let the playmakers do their thing, get the ball to ronaldo/klose in the box and profit"

Thread
07-09-2014, 12:25 AM
Duncan>Kobe

The Bag stays in Texas.

ezau
07-09-2014, 12:27 AM
The Bag stays in Texas.

Duncan>Kobe

Thread
07-09-2014, 12:28 AM
Duncan>Kobe

The Bag stays in Texas.

ezau
07-09-2014, 12:29 AM
The Bag stays in Texas.

Duncan>Kobe

Thread
07-09-2014, 12:29 AM
Duncan>Kobe

The Bag stays in Texas.

ezau
07-09-2014, 12:30 AM
The Bag stays in Texas.

Duncan>Kobe

Thread
07-09-2014, 12:31 AM
Duncan>Kobe

The Bag stays in Texas.

ezau
07-09-2014, 12:31 AM
The Bag stays in Texas.

Duncan>Kobe

Thread
07-09-2014, 12:32 AM
Duncan>Kobe

The Bag stays in Texas.

FkLA
07-09-2014, 12:34 AM
not really... for either player in his prime, the team mentality was "let the playmakers do their thing, get the ball to ronaldo/klose in the box and profit"

smh

I didnt watch enough of the old timers to assign him a number on an all-time list but he is an all-time great, and most people would agree. From the guys Ive seen alot of--Zidane, peak Ronaldinho, Messi and I guess gay Ronaldo--he is right up there with them. Nobody in their right mind would put Klose in that same company tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ayMH2k5yWk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a9aImx2uNk

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 12:41 AM
oh, youtube highlight reels. cool. just like your manziel discussions :lol

i think ronaldo was an all-time great player, i just don't confuse his play style (finisher) with others tbh... messi also plays forward but his game isn't comparable, for example. its not about talent, its about role. what he gets done, what spots he finds himself in, etc.

FkLA
07-09-2014, 12:50 AM
oh, youtube highlight reels. cool. just like your manziel discussions :lol

i think ronaldo was an all-time great player, i just don't confuse his play style (finisher) with others tbh... messi also plays forward but his game isn't comparable, for example. its not about talent, its about role. what he gets done, what spots he finds himself in, etc.

You called him a cherrypicker and compared him to Klose. Yeah, he was a great finisher but he also scored/created chaos through his own individual skill...individual skill that was still all-time great worthy even if we ignore his finishing.

ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) lefty (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6896) DAF86 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11102) Brazil (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14466) Venti Quattro (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17094)...come tell this nigga to STFU and walk away tbh.

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 12:53 AM
You called him a cherrypicker and compared him to Klose. Yeah, he was a great finisher but he also scored/created chaos through his own individual skill...individual skill that was still all-time great worthy even if we ignore his finishing.

ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) lefty (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6896) DAF86 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11102) Brazil (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14466) Venti Quattro (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17094)...come tell this nigga to STFU and walk away tbh.
ronaldo has much better handling than klose, sure. and i never said he wasn't better or w/e... i just classify them similarly as finishers. i'm sure the south american crew will agree that ronaldo is better tbh :lol

ElNono
07-09-2014, 12:54 AM
tl;dr

Ronaldo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Klose

Not even close. Next.

FkLA
07-09-2014, 12:58 AM
ronaldo has much better handling than klose, sure. and i never said he wasn't better or w/e... i just classify them similarly as finishers. i'm sure the south american crew will agree that ronaldo is better tbh :lol

Thats like classifying Timmy and Camby/Chandler as shot blockers bc they share that one skillset when in reality Timmy is in another class. Just admit it was a stupid comment and move on tbh.

Argies arent too fond of Brasilians btw. The rest of the posters arent even South Americans.

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 01:01 AM
Thats like classifying Timmy and Camby/Chandler as shot blockers bc they share that one skillset when in reality Timmy is in another class. Just admit it was a stupid comment and move on tbh.

Argies arent too fond of Brasilians btw. The rest of the posters arent even South Americans.
:lol i dont understand why you're upset. i never said Klose = Ronaldo or Klose > Ronaldo. i said they're similar in that they're both basically finishers. brazil had terrific playmakers around fat ronaldo and germany has had great passers that helped klose

ElNono
07-09-2014, 01:03 AM
Nothing wrong with Klose, he just can't do shit unless it's served to him... he also has played way more games with Germany, which accounts for a lot of his record-setting...

They're really different players. Prime Ronaldo could be your entire offense. Klose on the other hand would be more akin to players like Batistuta: you need to set them up, then they'll deliver.

FkLA
07-09-2014, 01:04 AM
Calling a stupid take stupid makes me mad? And thats the thing, Ronaldo was far from just being 'basically a finisher'. Real clever how you are moving away from the term cherrypicker too. :lol

FkLA
07-09-2014, 01:09 AM
They're really different players. Prime Ronaldo could be your entire offense. Klose on the other hand would be more akin to players like Batistuta: you need to set them up, then they'll deliver.

/thread

Venti Quattro
07-09-2014, 01:13 AM
All of Klose's 16 goals have been from inside the penaldo box. Meanwhile Penaldo has to do everything for Portugal. Sure Klose looks better than Tristiano Penaldo but Penaldo does not have the benefit of a stacked WC squad.

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 01:14 AM
Nothing wrong with Klose, he just can't do shit unless it's served to him... he also has played way more games with Germany, which accounts for a lot of his record-setting...

i wasn't even referring to the record or the goal total. i was just reminiscing about the 2002 WC because thats when ronaldo set the record, and iirc scored both goals in the 2-0 final win against germany.

ronaldo probably had the talent to "be your entire offense" but that was pretty much never the case. the Brazilian NT always was loaded with creative handlers (tbh even now, almost everybody on the team has ridiculous ball skills), and he played on a strong Inter Milan team during most of his prime, not to mention joining that ridiculous Real club with Zidane, Beckham :lol. a good part of his career was spet being one of the best finishers of all time. didn't mean to slight him, but thats what he was, a finisher. the idea was to get him the ball in the box, and enjoy the goal.

Klose plays differently, does't have the strength ronaldo had, or the trickery, but he too is a finisher. the best header from a striker i've ever seen. i'd say 50% of his national team goals have been headers. the idea with klose is to wait for him to get in the box, and send it in his vicinity, and profit.

Calling a stupid take stupid makes me mad? And thats the thing, Ronaldo was far from just being 'basically a finisher'. Real clever how you are moving away from the term cherrypicker too. :lol
i'll stick with the term if it makes you feel better. they got him the ball in the box and he finished as well if not better than anybody in the history of the sport. but to me he was a guy that got the ball in advantageous spots and finished

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 01:15 AM
All of Klose's 16 goals have been from inside the penaldo box. Meanwhile Penaldo has to do everything for Portugal. Sure Klose looks better than Tristiano Penaldo but Penaldo does not have the benefit of a stacked WC squad.
:lol wasn't talking about Christiano. he's way different... i was referring to the old retired fat Ronaldo from brazil.

ezau
07-09-2014, 01:17 AM
The Bag stays in Texas.

Who rang last June 15, 2014? Duncan or Kobe?

Venti Quattro
07-09-2014, 01:18 AM
:lol wasn't talking about Christiano. he's way different... i was referring to the old retired fat Ronaldo from brazil.

Ooops. My bad. Brazilian Ronaldo is still a better choice though. Same logic as ElNono's. Klose makes his living off of a stacked team but he's so good with a good team. You can build around Ronaldo

ezau
07-09-2014, 01:19 AM

Ronaldo was better in his prime, but Klose has longevity going for him.

Venti Quattro
07-09-2014, 01:21 AM
Ronaldo was better in his prime, but Klose has longevity going for him.
Ronaldo and Ronaldinho became lazy fat asses toward the end of their respective careers. It's like a Brazilian malaise that they have to get fat towards the end of their career.

FkLA
07-09-2014, 01:23 AM
i wasn't even referring to the record or the goal total. i was just reminiscing about the 2002 WC because thats when ronaldo set the record, and iirc scored both goals in the 2-0 final win against germany.

ronaldo probably had the talent to "be your entire offense" but that was pretty much never the case. the Brazilian NT always was loaded with creative handlers (tbh even now, almost everybody on the team has ridiculous ball skills), and he played on a strong Inter Milan team during most of his prime, not to mention joining that ridiculous Real club with Zidane, Beckham :lol. a good part of his career was spet being one of the best finishers of all time. didn't mean to slight him, but thats what he was, a finisher. the idea was to get him the ball in the box, and enjoy the goal.

Klose plays differently, does't have the strength ronaldo had, or the trickery, but he too is a finisher. the best header from a striker i've ever seen. i'd say 50% of his national team goals have been headers. the idea with klose is to wait for him to get in the box, and send it in his vicinity, and profit.

i'll stick with the term if it makes you feel better. they got him the ball in the box and he finished as well if not better than anybody in the history of the sport. but to me he was a guy that got the ball in advantageous spots and finished

smh

He may have been that to you, just realize that the large majority of the world would disagree with you.

ElNono
07-09-2014, 01:26 AM
:lol Brazilians love to party too much, once they get solid coin, it's almost unavoidable that they'll get outta shape and mail it in. Happened to Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, etc...

In that sense, the disciplined Germans will always win. But talent-wise/domination, it's not really close. It's like comparing Shaq with Al Jefferson, tbh... sure, fat Shaq would have problems with anybody, but at the top of their games, it's not close.

ezau
07-09-2014, 01:26 AM
Ronaldo and Ronaldinho became lazy fat asses toward the end of their respective careers. It's like a Brazilian malaise that they have to get fat towards the end of their career.

It's hard to stay motivated when you're making millions and living the good life, tbh. But yeah, I agree with you.

ElNono
07-09-2014, 01:31 AM

I'm starting to question if have you seen Ronaldo play at all?

He was a beast everywhere he went.. Cruzeiro, Barca, Inter, Real, Brazil, etc etc... You know why Klose couldn't get out of the Bundesliga until 3 years ago to play for Lazio?

ElNono
07-09-2014, 01:33 AM
EDIT: I'll buy that Klose has "the beast header for a striker ever"... whatever that's rated...

Anyways, just my 2c...

ezau
07-09-2014, 01:36 AM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/70945000/jpg/_70945617_ronaldo2.jpg

I almost didn't recognize him. He got really fat:lol

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 01:38 AM
i'm getting attacked as if i said klose is better than ronaldo when i never insinuated such.... its all good gents

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 01:42 AM
I'm starting to question if have you seen Ronaldo play at all?

He was a beast everywhere he went.. Cruzeiro, Barca, Inter, Real, Brazil, etc etc... You know why Klose couldn't get out of the Bundesliga until 3 years ago to play for Lazio?
yes. yes he was, and i never insinuated otherwise. he could do more than klose did with the ball at his feet, but he never played like christiano or messi, guys that can take the ball around midfield and get all the way to the net. he generally had teammates around him to move the ball forward and get the ball to him in a spot he could make one move and score. i'm not gna lie to you and say i know much about his time at Cruzeiro though :lol

FkLA
07-09-2014, 01:43 AM
i'm getting attacked as if i said klose is better than ronaldo when i never insinuated such.... its all good gents

People are also telling you they are different types of players despite whatever similarities they have as finishers.

he generally had teammates around him to move the ball forward and get the ball to him in a spot he could make one move and score. i'm not gna lie to you and say i know much about his time at Cruzeiro though
:lol

This is where you are going wrong. There were plenty of assisted goals or one move+shoot goals, but there was plenty more in his arsenal. He won a couple Balon d'Ors, 'cherrypickers' dont win those.

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 01:44 AM
People are also telling you they are different types of players despite whatever similarities they have as finishers.
if by "people" you mean ElNono, then sure. most of the comments have been about how ronaldo is better than klose, which he is. water is wet

FkLA
07-09-2014, 01:54 AM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1hwqirE1JxS1VwS7Y_dh29XwZiGMjV OED0tX5N4NpUTsZFHrh

Venti said he agreed with everything Nono said. They're also the only two people I mentioned that have commented, so you pretty much have a zero batting average right now.

ElNono
07-09-2014, 01:56 AM
yes. yes he was, and i never insinuated otherwise. he could do more than klose did with the ball at his feet, but he never played like christiano or messi, guys that can take the ball around midfield and get all the way to the net. he generally had teammates around him to move the ball forward and get the ball to him in a spot he could make one move and score. i'm not gna lie to you and say i know much about his time at Cruzeiro though :lol

I had a special kind of hate for that motherfucker. He was a bad, bad boy. When he started in Cruzeiro and Barcelona, he was a guy that will take the ball at midfield and go all the way to the goal.

Teams eventually figured they couldn't let him come at them at full speed and just started picking him up earlier. So he started pivoting at the top of the box instead. He was a great passer. He could hold onto the ball and dish it, or turn around and finish. He was just less effective that way. If you look at his Real days, he was actually a lot more of an assist guy. Raul scored a lot off him. He also started going to the Carnaval and getting fat, per the usual Brazilian goods.

I don't know he wouldn't be on the top 5 convo if he would've stayed in shape. When you talk Klose, you're talking more of a specialist, a predator inside the box. In Brazil, that would be Romario, although with slightly different characteristics.

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 02:02 AM
I had a special kind of hate for that motherfucker. He was a bad, bad boy. When he started in Cruzeiro and Barcelona, he was a guy that will take the ball at midfield and go all the way to the goal.
yeah, i wasn't around to watch so much of his early days, so this could very well be the case. i dont remember seeing this much during his last 2 WC appearances and his play since. also, i dont think Raul ever scored more goals than Ronaldo when they played together on Real

I don't know he wouldn't be on the top 5 convo if he would've stayed in shape. When you talk Klose, you're talking more of a specialist, a predator inside the box. In Brazil, that would be Romario, although with slightly different characteristics.
yeah thats a hell of a way to put it, and i know Ronaldo was far more skilled than Klose, as are plenty of other strikers/forwards. Klose isn't particularly fast, strong, doesn't have a terrific shot outside the box, and isn't really known as somebody who can beat a defender or two then finish. but if the ball gets near him in the box, its getting to the net.

Ronaldo had more elements to his game, but i mainly saw him as a finisher as well, which is where i compared the two. i never compared their skill level or all-time ranking tbh.

FkLA
07-09-2014, 02:34 AM
:lol You called both of them cherrypickers, a term that's clearly reserved for players that aren't the most technical/skilled outside of finishing.

I'll give you an A for effort on the spin attempt though.

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 02:41 AM
:lol You called both of them cherrypickers, a term that's clearly reserved for players that aren't the most technical/skilled outside of finishing.

I'll give you an A for effort on the spin attempt though.
for much of ronaldo's prime, he was on teams full of playmakers that got him in great spots to score.

FkLA
07-09-2014, 02:50 AM
Sure. But for much of his prime, Ronaldo also regularly made world-class plays on his own.

Not sure if you are not able to realize the difference there or if you are purposely ignoring it.

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 02:52 AM
Sure. But for much of his prime, Ronaldo also regularly made world-class plays on his own.

Not sure if you are not able to realize the difference there or if you are purposely ignoring it.
sure, he made terrific plays like that on a minority of his goals. like i've said routinely in this thread, he's more talented than klose (and its not close).

FkLA
07-09-2014, 03:03 AM
Who cares how many of his goals were assisted (debatable btw since he scored more than his fair share through individual talent)?

He was a playmaker. He had elite speed and dribbling. He was a good passer with good vision. Regardless of whether he played on stacked teams or not, what in the world would make you label him a 'cherrypicker'? You are terrible at analyzing/labeling athletes tbh.

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 03:19 AM
Who cares how many of his goals were assisted (debatable btw since he scored more than his fair share through individual talent)?

He was a playmaker. He had elite speed and dribbling. He was a good passer with good vision. Regardless of whether he played on stacked teams or not, what in the world would make you label him a 'cherrypicker'? You are terrible at analyzing/labeling athletes tbh.
oh ok. a players role will diminish when on a stacked team, so that's actually fairly relevant to the discussion. when there are other talents around you to take primary ball handling, advancing, playmaking duties, it tends to mean ronaldo would do less of those things, and instead primarily be a finisher. perhaps with different surroundings he could have had different roles. i can only comment on what i saw from the guy, which was some of his time in inter, real, and afterwards, as well as the 98 and 02 WC runs. in those days, talent or not, he was primarily a finisher and the best in the world at that

FkLA
07-09-2014, 03:35 AM
oh ok. a players role will diminish when on a stacked team, so that's actually fairly relevant to the discussion. when there are other talents around you to take primary ball handling, advancing, playmaking duties, it tends to mean ronaldo would do less of those things, and instead primarily be a finisher. perhaps with different surroundings he could have had different roles. i can only comment on what i saw from the guy, which was some of his time in inter, real, and afterwards, as well as the 98 and 02 WC runs. in those days, talent or not, he was primarily a finisher and the best in the world at that

Jesus christ you suck at this. Youre trying so hard to spin it and failing even harder.

You have all but admitted that he was a lot more than a 'cherrypicker', and have now shifted your argument to hiding behind the fact that you (wrongly) think he couldn't showcase his playmaking/overall skillset enough since he played in stacked teams full of playmakers. :lol

DAF86
07-09-2014, 03:52 AM
spurraider21 I like you dog but STFU and walk away, tbh. I can't back you up on this one.

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 04:01 AM
its ok mate. i think people are confusing my point here with thinking i'm calling ronaldo overrated. i basically said he was usually a designated goal scorer, like klose has been for germany, rather than a playmaking forward like messi. this has nothing to do with his level of skill, but rather the role i saw him fill during a majority of his prime (usually considered to be after 97).

FkLA
07-09-2014, 04:08 AM
lol nobody is confusing anything, you flat out called ronaldo a cherrypicker bro...

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 04:15 AM
lol nobody is confusing anything, you flat out called ronaldo a cherrypicker bro...
ok mr youtube video. tell me how you like this one :lol

this isn't me handpicking random highlights/goals. this is a video of every world cup goal he's ever scored

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfjD9Kz8DDY

FkLA
07-09-2014, 04:33 AM
In your opinion that proves hes a cherry picker, right? :lol

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 04:36 AM
i think it shows a great deal of cherry picking when he was setting world cup records, which is actually the context of my original post you're so upset about. what are your thoughts on his 15 world cup goals?

FkLA
07-09-2014, 04:48 AM
Are we about to shift to just talking about the WC now? :lol

As Ive said multiple times he was an elite finisher, and obviously assisted goals are easier to come by than goals were he went god mode. Doesn't mean I'm going to f'n ignore the fact that he had elite dribbling, technical ability, speed, passing/vision etc and go on to label him a cherry picker bc of it. :lmao

Thread
07-09-2014, 04:51 AM
The Bag stays in Texas.

FkLA
07-09-2014, 04:56 AM
Klose is very similar to Fat Ronaldo tbh, both are elite finishers who basically cherrypick. its effective, no doubt, but i dont put them on the same echelon of other great strikers. Muller is similar but i think he's more talented than klose. he can actually finish from outside the box

Its clear right there ^ that you know exactly what the term cherrypicker means. You dont put them in the same echelon bc cherrypickers dont perform some of the functions the truly great strikers do. It's a completely reasonable take about cherrypickers like Klose.

You labeling Ronaldo one is what bit you in the ass. You not having Ronaldo in the Mt. Rushmore of strikers made it even worse.

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 05:02 AM
Are we about to shift to just talking about the WC now? :lol
no, but i think WC is a huge part Ronaldo's legacy/glory. i'll ask again, what do you think of Ronaldo's 15 world cup goals?

As Ive said multiple times he was an elite finisher, and obviously assisted goals are easier to come by than goals were he went god mode. Doesn't mean I'm going to f'n ignore the fact that he had elite dribbling, technical ability, speed, passing/vision etc and go on to label him a cherry picker bc of it. :lmao
i didn't ignore those facts either. you keep bringing up ronaldo's skills/talents that i've never denied... i'm looking at the actual end results, and a fairly good portion of his production was more or less finishing when set up in a good position. does he also have highlight reel goals in his career? absolutely. i'm just not confusing ronaldo's style of play to somebody like messi, ronaldinho, or christiano

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 05:03 AM
Its clear right there ^ that you know exactly what the term cherrypicker means. You dont put them in the same echelon bc cherrypickers dont perform some of the functions the truly great strikers do. It's a completely reasonable take about cherrypickers like Klose.

You labeling Ronaldo one is what bit you in the ass. You not having Ronaldo in the Mt. Rushmore of strikers made it even worse.
oh, and who DID i include in my Mt. Rushmore of strikers?

:lol i also love how you conveniently cut out my post to exclude the part where i'm talking about world cup play :rollin

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 05:03 AM
The Bag stays in Texas.
:lol howdy

Thread
07-09-2014, 05:06 AM
:lol howdy

Morning, fart face.

I'm goin' back to couch. I just got up to see if there was any concrete news on James.

Night-Night.

FkLA
07-09-2014, 05:13 AM
Yeah, that second paragraph was in response to your 'what do I think of his 15 goals BS'.

First, there is a huge gap between a cherrypicker and Ronaldinho/gay Ronaldo/Messi. Ronaldo's style was inside that gap, but clearly a lot closer to those three than to being a cherrypicker. Secondly, you kind of did deny his skill by not placing him in the same echelon as other great strikers 'bc while effective all he does is cherrypick'. Thirdly, at first I thought it was a typo but this is the second time you have mispelled gay Ronaldo's first name...that's akin to some fool trying to talk bball calling Kobe 'Coby'. Your credibility has been shot tbh.

FkLA
07-09-2014, 05:16 AM
oh, and who DID i include in my Mt. Rushmore of strikers?

:lol i also love how you conveniently cut out my post to exclude the part where i'm talking about world cup play :rollin

So you are trying to shift to just WC play now? :lol

I cut it out to focus on your understanding of the word cherrypicker, not bc your post wouldve been any less stupid if I didn't.

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 05:24 AM
:cry i spelled cristiano wrong, therefore all my arguments about a completely different player are null and void.

im still amazed you haven't been able to answer my question about what u think of his 15 record setting world cup goals

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 05:26 AM
So you are trying to shift to just WC play now? :lol

I cut it out to focus on your understanding of the word cherrypicker, not bc your post wouldve been any less stupid if I didn't.
:lmao you used the bold tool on the cherrypicker part and left the end of the post unbolded. you still chose to completely exclude the first portion of that post to ignore that i was talking about world cup

FkLA
07-09-2014, 05:47 AM
:cry i spelled cristiano wrong, therefore all my arguments about a completely different player are null and void.

im still amazed you haven't been able to answer my question about what u think of his 15 record setting world cup goals

I told you what I thought of his 15 goals...

I'm still amazed that you think that bc his style isn't Messi that makes him a cherrypicker. Even more amazed at how terrible you are at spinning shit. :lol

:lmao you used the bold tool on the cherrypicker part and left the end of the post unbolded. you still chose to completely exclude the first portion of that post to ignore that i was talking about world cup

My response to it focused on the cherrypicking comment. Sure, I guess I should've been consistent and only used bolding or excluding instead of both.

What does that have to do with anything though? Even if we bring the part I excluded into the equation how does that make your post any less stupid? I know you are trying to backtrack to just the WC now but you mentioned his club days in several posts after that so theres no reason for me to 'conveniently ignore' the WC part.

FkLA
07-09-2014, 05:52 AM
and yeah mispelling the FIFA World POTY's first name twice is pretty embarrassing, just adds to the suspicion that you rarely if at all watch/watched the players we are discussing...

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 05:58 AM
I told you what I thought of his 15 goals...
no, you really didn't :lol

I'm still amazed that you think that bc his style isn't Messi that makes him a cherrypicker. Even more amazed at how terrible you are at spinning shit. :lol

My response to it focused on the cherrypicking comment. Sure, I guess I should've been consistent and only used bolding or excluding instead of both.

What does that have to do with anything though? Even if we bring the part I excluded into the equation how does that make your post any less stupid? I know you are trying to backtrack to just the WC now but you mentioned his club days in several posts after that so theres no reason for me to 'conveniently ignore' the WC part.
- damn, you gave me an A for my spinning earlier, and now i suck. that hurts man
- considering the sheer volume of games played in club vs WC, of course he's going to have a much wider variety of different types of goals, so it would be basically impossible for video evidence to come into play and make a definitive point. surely you can (and already have) pick out highlight videos which show his exceptional moments and remarkable goals, but that wouldn't be representative of the big picture
- i never said "he's not messie therefore he is a cherry picker." there certainly is a grey area between those two, and thats where i see a lot of modern day forwards like Van Persie. from what i've seen from Ronaldo (i'm not going to lie and say i've watched every single one of his games religiously), a significant portion of his production came from what i consider to be cherry-picked. this doesn't mean he doesn't possess all those skills, talent, vision, etc you keep bringing up every 2 posts as if i've denied them

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 06:00 AM
and yeah mispelling the FIFA World POTY's first name twice is pretty embarrassing, just adds to the suspicion that you rarely if at all watch/watched the players we are discussing...
turn this argument into a spelling discussion. wonderful. what's next, are you going to dismiss by points because i didn't use proper punctuation? spurfans still misspell Elliott, NBA fans still misspell Wade's first name

FkLA
07-09-2014, 06:10 AM
Yeah, that second paragraph was in response to your 'what do I think of his 15 goals BS'.

Go back and read that second paragraph.

Also you realize most guys will score more assisted goals than god mode goals right? :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rin_JnJ4j-0

Look at that^ gay cherrypicker/gay PK specialist!! Sure he scored a highlight reel goal here or there but most of his production came from what I consider to be cherry-picked!! Who cares about all the other skills and talent he possesses hes a cherry picker!!

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 06:21 AM
Cristiano Ronaldo and Fat Ronaldo are almost nothing alike. reaching :lol

Jodelo
07-09-2014, 06:23 AM

:lmao

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 06:23 AM
that "second paragraph" you keep mentioning mentions elite dribbling, passing, vision, technical ability... while brushing off the fact that almost every single one of his record world cup goals were just finishing what was set up for him

FkLA
07-09-2014, 06:32 AM
Cristiano Ronaldo and Fat Ronaldo are almost nothing alike. reaching :lol

They're really not as far apart as you would think you ignorant fool. In his day pre-injury Ronaldo could sprint past just about any defender and had elite dribbling--probably Gay Ronaldo's two most notable skills.

Let's ignore that most recent retarded post just for a bit though...and instead focus on what exactly is the difference between the vid you posted for Ronaldo and the one I provided for gay Ronaldo? The majority of the goals from both are 'cherry-picked', so why is one a cherrypicker but not the other? :lol

FkLA
07-09-2014, 06:37 AM
that "second paragraph" you keep mentioning mentions elite dribbling, passing, vision, technical ability... while brushing off the fact that almost every single one of his record world cup goals were just finishing what was set up for him

No, you ignorant fool. I actually said most players will score more assisted goals than highlight reel goals...I wasnt brushing anything off. I was simply saying that that video didn't make me ignore his other skills, which is what you'd essentially have to do in order to label him a cherrypicker.

You seem to think that there is a way to both label him a cherrypicker and acknowledge his vast skillset when in reality its not possible.

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 06:43 AM
They're really not as far apart as you would think you ignorant fool. In his day pre-injury Ronaldo could sprint past just about any defender and had elite dribbling--probably Gay Ronaldo's two most notable skills.

Let's ignore that most recent retarded post just for a bit though...and instead focus on what exactly is the difference between the vid you posted for Ronaldo and the one I provided for gay Ronaldo? The majority of the goals from both are 'cherry-picked', so why is one a cherrypicker but not the other? :lol
:lol at least gay ronaldo had a handful of goals where he created for himself in those Euro vids, which is more than fat ronaldo in the world cup. you also are barking up the wrong tree comparing the two considering gay ronaldo plays left wing and fat ronaldo was never a wing player. those positions have very different roles and the two players weren't very alike in the way they played

No, you ignorant fool. I actually said most players will score more assisted goals than highlight reel goals...I wasnt brushing anything off. I was simply saying that that video didn't make me ignore his other skills, which is what you'd essentially have to do in order to label him a cherrypicker.

You seem to think that there is a way to both label him a cherrypicker and acknowledge his vast skillset when in reality its not possible.
sure it is. he possessed a vast skillset yet his production as a scorer came primarily as being a finisher, rather than a creator.

anyway its about time i get some sleep. i'll let you get the last word in, and if i'm up for it, i'll continue tomorrow :lol

FkLA
07-09-2014, 06:59 AM
:lol at least gay ronaldo had a handful of goals where he created for himself in those Euro vids, which is more than fat ronaldo in the world cup. you also are barking up the wrong tree comparing the two considering gay ronaldo plays left wing and fat ronaldo was never a wing player. those positions have very different roles and the two players weren't very alike in the way they played

I counted 2-3 that wouldnt be considered assists. Out of 18. Sure he had those couple highlight reel plays but wouldn't you consider the others cherry-picked? They're really similar to the kind of goals Ronaldo scored in WCs afterall.

Also you dont really think he is a true left winger do you?

sure it is. he possessed a vast skillset yet his production as a scorer came primarily as being a finisher, rather than a creator

How can you produce as a scorer through anything other than finishing? If he creates hes not getting anything added to his 'scoring production'.

This isnt even fun anymore. The sad part is you actually think you make sense. :lol

Brazil
07-09-2014, 07:34 AM

yeah but no tbh

Ronaldo is closest to let's say Messi or Zidane than to Klose.

Klose is a finisher in the pure German tradition like Bierhoff, Rudy Voller... dat kind of dude. Ronaldo is a playmaker who can create for himself or for the others... Klose cannot do that.

spurraider21
07-09-2014, 12:42 PM
i guess i'll just accept that i'm in the minority here, and that i'm probably "the crazy one" but i'm just reporting what my eyes told me. carry on