PDA

View Full Version : OT: Cavaliers are pursuing a Kevin Love trade with Minnesota,

ducks
07-09-2014, 04:35 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 25s

Cavaliers are pursuing a Kevin Love trade with Minnesota, contingent on the signing of LeBron James, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

TampaDude
07-09-2014, 04:36 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 25s

Cavaliers are pursuing a Kevin Love trade with Minnesota, contingent on the signing of LeBron James, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Going for the jugular, they are.

Spurs9
07-09-2014, 04:36 PM
I'm guessing they would have to get rid of Wiggins as a part of it?

Dex
07-09-2014, 05:01 PM
Damn, Cavaliers going after this shit with gusto.

Very similar to how Miami did 4 years ago and, well, we saw where his talents ended up.

buttsR4rebounding
07-09-2014, 08:35 PM
You know what they say: Even a blind squirrel can suck on LBJ's nuts.

manufan10
07-09-2014, 08:37 PM

TheGoldStandard
07-09-2014, 08:41 PM

In other words, Flip Saunders is a dumbass and will end up with nothing for Love

-21-
07-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Some say the it's Waiters/Thompson/picks but if I were Flip, I would ask for Wiggins and do the trade right now.

In other words, Flip Saunders is a dumbass and will end up with nothing for Love
It's clear Love is leaving and I don't see other teams making better offers in the future than the possibility of getting Wiggins. If LeBron does not go to the Cavs, that would pretty much make Wiggins untouchable.

TheGoldStandard
07-09-2014, 09:11 PM
Some say the it's Waiters/Thompson/picks but if I were Flip, I would ask for Wiggins and do the trade right now.

It's clear Love is leaving and I don't see other teams making better offers in the future than the possibility of getting Wiggins. If LeBron does not go to the Cavs, that would pretty much make Wiggins untouchable.

Flip is a joke of a team president and he's a joke as a coach, Love will fake hurt by the 40th game of the season and rest up for a lucrative 2015 offseason

dbreiden83080
07-09-2014, 09:20 PM
They land Love and that is a hell of a 3 headed monster..

Seventyniner
07-09-2014, 09:22 PM

Chicken and egg: LeBron won't commit to the Cavs until they get Love, but the Wolves won't trade Love until LeBron picks a destination...

dbreiden83080
07-09-2014, 09:28 PM
How good is Love BTW? I have never really seen the man play being stuck in Minnesota. From the highlights he looks like a great shooter with some post moves. I'm guessing he is allergic to defense..

Baam
07-09-2014, 09:30 PM
Wiggins is overrated but he's the perfect SG to play between no-defense-Kyrie and a coasting LeBron who doesn't try as hard on D these days...

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-09-2014, 09:44 PM

Ha ha! Funny thing is Wiggins didnt want to go the Bucks so he gets the next best thing in the Timberwolves of this trade does happen.

-21-
07-09-2014, 09:58 PM
How good is Love BTW? I have never really seen the man play being stuck in Minnesota. From the highlights he looks like a great shooter with some post moves. I'm guessing he is allergic to defense..
Yeah, Love is a great shooter, especially for a big. He also has a soft touch around the basket. Elite rebounder with a nose for the ball and skilled at boxing out. Sometimes though, he would rather be in good position for a rebound rather than contest a shot which is annoying. Not very good defensively and is not a rim protector. He's also been chucking up a lot of threes last I saw him. Seems to spot up for jumpers a lot more than he gets inside to post up (which he is more than capable of). Love is absolutely talented, but he has his flaws. Maybe he can improve on those on a winning team. I think he is a perfect fit to play alongside LeBron.

-21-
07-09-2014, 10:10 PM
Wiggins is overrated but he's the perfect SG to play between no-defense-Kyrie and a coasting LeBron who doesn't try as hard on D these days...

I agree. If Cleveland gets Love without letting go of Wiggins, then LeBron has a strong team imo.

Irving - another ball-handler/playmaker/scorer that can take a little pressure off of LeBron from time to time
Wiggins - athletic wing that can play defense, also a potential star
Love - skilled big man that can spot up and shoot threes, will grab rebounds on both ends of the floor
Varejao - former teammate, hustle guy, good at PnR

All they need is a few more shooters and this is pretty much the perfect supporting cast for LeBron.

100%duncan
07-09-2014, 10:16 PM
Do not trade Wiggins for Love. ffs cleveland

baseline bum
07-09-2014, 11:51 PM
Do not trade Wiggins for Love. ffs cleveland

So he can be good in 4 years when LeBron is slowing down? Cleveland would be crazy to not trade a raw unproven 19 year-old for a 25 year-old allstar who rebounds and is so good delivering the outlet pass to a team with James and Irving. Too bad he's not a defensive presence though. They have to be kicking themselves for not taking Noel #1 last year.

resistanze
07-09-2014, 11:54 PM
So he can be good in 4 years when LeBron is slowing down? Cleveland would be crazy to not trade a raw unproven 19 year-old for a 25 year-old allstar who rebounds and is so good delivering the outlet pass to a team with James and Irving. Too bad he's not a defensive presence though. They have to be kicking themselves for not taking Noel #1 last year.
:lol Anthony Bennett and Tristan Thompson
:lol Hard on for Canadian 6'8" PFs with limited ceilings

baseline bum
07-10-2014, 12:02 AM
:lol Anthony Bennett and Tristan Thompson
:lol Hard on for Canadian 6'8" PFs with limited ceilings

I was going to say too bad they didn't make the obvious pick and take Valaciunas in 2011, but then if they did they would have probably made the playoffs, and no Wiggins.

Mugen
07-10-2014, 12:18 AM
Wiggins for Love is a no brainer for Cleveland if LeBron comes tbh.

baseline bum
07-10-2014, 12:37 AM
Wiggins for Love is a no brainer for Cleveland if LeBron comes tbh.

Also don't see Minnesota getting a lot more than that.

baseline bum
07-10-2014, 12:38 AM
How stupid does Parker feel right now, tanking that workout. :lol

100%duncan
07-10-2014, 12:44 AM

Love is an overrated player tbh. Lebron will still be the best in the league in 5 years, Wiggins is a gem that can be the perfect robin to Lebron imho.

baseline bum
07-10-2014, 12:52 AM
Love is an overrated player tbh. Lebron will still be the best in the league in 5 years, Wiggins is a gem that can be the perfect robin to Lebron imho.

Kevin Love is overrated but the guy who scored 4 points in an NCAA tournament game isn't? :lol

Venti Quattro
07-10-2014, 12:53 AM
Kevin Love is overrated but the guy who scored 4 points in an NCAA tournament game isn't? :lol
kobedunksondwight.gif
antoniobanderas.gif
robinlopez.gif

100%duncan
07-10-2014, 01:04 AM
Yeah scratch that, you're right wiggins for Love might be a no-brainer IF they get Bron. Still think Love is overrated though.

Venti Quattro
07-10-2014, 01:09 AM
Yeah scratch that, you're right wiggins for Love might be a no-brainer IF they get Bron. Still think Love is overrated though.

Love is overrated but you'd have to be a special kind of dumb and idiotic to not partner a double-double machine in his prime with LeBron.

-21-
07-10-2014, 01:29 AM
Love is overrated but you'd have to be a special kind of dumb and idiotic to not partner a double-double machine in his prime with LeBron.

If you were Minnesota, would you take Wiggins for Love? Or do you pass to wait for other offers?

Venti Quattro
07-10-2014, 01:38 AM
If you were Minnesota, would you take Wiggins for Love? Or do you pass to wait for other offers?

Depends on the situation. If they're in the playoff mix then they should hold on to him. But they're not and Love is a talent which deserves to see some playoff action.

100%duncan
07-10-2014, 02:16 AM

Yup. Stupid take by me

TDMVPDPOY
07-10-2014, 02:56 AM
i dont understand why a GM would u do a sign and trade deal that would put them back further in the rebuilding phase if the pieces is not acceptable, all your doing is gettin trash in return while helping the outgoing FA to get a max deal

fck him

Chinook
07-10-2014, 03:26 AM
The only reason I'd trade Wiggins for Love instead of Irving is so Uncle Drew could get his crew together.

:wow Them pocket-passes :wow