PDA

View Full Version : Chandler Parsons - Mavs

tholdren
07-09-2014, 06:19 PM
3 years, rockets can match? right? how long do they have to match?

tholdren
07-09-2014, 06:20 PM
nevermind - 3 days

RGMCSE
07-09-2014, 06:22 PM
Good thing we wont take these assholes lightly next year.

LittleCriminal
07-09-2014, 06:28 PM
So will the rox be able to match, trade lin and sign bosh in three days?

Steve-O-Matic
07-09-2014, 06:36 PM
So will the rox be able to match, trade lin and sign bosh in three days?

No. Even after a Lin trade, they can afford Bosh or Parsons, but not both.

r0drig0lac
07-09-2014, 06:44 PM
kawhi will be paid

BranderC
07-09-2014, 07:00 PM
Say the Mavs get Parsons, the Rox get Bosh, and no other major player movement happens. Does either team become a Spurs-killer? On paper, the Mavs would be a much scarier squad than the one that took us to seven games, but ... I dunno.

AFBlue
07-09-2014, 07:04 PM
Rockers just countered with a max offer to Nowitzki. :lol

Spurs just sitting back enjoying the show tbqh.

Tyrone Jenkins
07-09-2014, 09:36 PM
The Spurs should look into acquiring Shawn Marion w/ part of (or maybe all of) the MLE.

He's old but he's still a good defender with some position flexibility to the 4. He can be used to guard KD (while using Kawhi on Westbrook). When used as a stretch 4 vs. the Clippers, Trailblazers and Thunder, he would cause guys like Aldridge and Ibaka to defend out of the paint.

Most important, since playoffs are all about matchups, he would take a vital piece away from Dallas who was arguably the most difficult opponent last year in the playoffs.

ajballer4
07-09-2014, 09:44 PM
No. Even after a Lin trade, they can afford Bosh or Parsons, but not both.

I believe they can trade Lin, sign Bosh (or whoever to a max contract) and THEN sign Parsons in that order, and afford it all (above the tax of course)

Mnky
07-09-2014, 09:49 PM

:lol

Namundy
07-09-2014, 09:56 PM
The Spurs should look into acquiring Shawn Marion w/ part of (or maybe all of) the MLE.

He's old but he's still a good defender with some position flexibility to the 4. He can be used to guard KD (while using Kawhi on Westbrook). When used as a stretch 4 vs. the Clippers, Trailblazers and Thunder, he would cause guys like Aldridge and Ibaka to defend out of the paint.

Most important, since playoffs are all about matchups, he would take a vital piece away from Dallas who was arguably the most difficult opponent last year in the playoffs.

Not saying it would be a bad idea, but I would like to see Chip's face when Marion starts shooting in practice.

Old School 44
07-09-2014, 09:56 PM
I like it. I like that no competitor is getting everything they want. I'll be surprised if the Rockets re-sign Parsons at that price. Put it this way, I rather Dallas get Parsons and Houston get Bosh versus Houston getting both Bosh and Parsons.

Bill_Brasky
07-09-2014, 10:02 PM
fucking idiots ruining the market.

Embedded
07-09-2014, 11:16 PM
Not saying it would be a bad idea, but I would like to see Chip's face when Marion starts shooting in practice.
Hahahahahaha, you got that right!

TheGoldStandard
07-09-2014, 11:19 PM
I saw some teenage kid shooting like Marion on Sunday at a park, I cringed at how awful it was.

Dverde
07-09-2014, 11:20 PM

Houston should really get back at the Mavs by stealing Blair from them...lock him up for $50 over the minimum.

benstanfield
07-09-2014, 11:35 PM
I'm sorry, am I the only one that thinks if the Rockets end up getting Bosh, the Mavs end up getting Parsons, and the Thunder end up getting Pau, we should all be shitting brix?

Dverde
07-09-2014, 11:48 PM
I'm sorry, am I the only one that thinks if the Rockets end up getting Bosh, the Mavs end up getting Parsons, and the Thunder end up getting Pau, we should all be shitting brix?

OKC and Houston kept their horrible coaches. Kawhi and Tiago can guard Parsons and dirk. Not to concerned.

T Park
07-10-2014, 03:00 AM

Go right ahead.

Obi Juan Kenobi
07-10-2014, 03:08 AM

If the Rockets get Bosh at the expense of Parsons then no they are not a threat...Now if they were able to sign Bosh and keep Parsons then that is another story...

If the Mavs get Parsons then yes I would be a little concerned but I still would give the edge to the Spurs...

I don't believe that Pau is going to the Thunder. We still have yet to see whether Pau is valuing money or a championship more. Either way though I don't believe that he would select the Thunder in either scenario because if its money he wants he goes back to LA or maybe Chicago if they don't use up their money on Stephenson. If its a chance for another championship rather than money, then I believe that the Spurs would be his best option. But at this point we really just don't know what Gasol's priorities are at this point...Me personally I believe that Pau is going to pick the money and stay in Los Angeles...

Kidd K
07-10-2014, 03:28 AM
kawhi will be paid

This is why the Parsons deal hurts the most. Not that the Mavs got him.

Now Leonard will expect even more than that, ignoring the fact that Parsons is getting overpaid by 25% now.

slick'81
07-10-2014, 03:29 AM
Leonard's getting paid no need to stress over it

letmk
07-10-2014, 03:44 AM
If the Rockets get Bosh at the expense of Parsons then no they are not a threat...Now if they were able to sign Bosh and keep Parsons then that is another story...

If the Mavs get Parsons then yes I would be a little concerned but I still would give the edge to the Spurs...

I don't believe that Pau is going to the Thunder. We still have yet to see whether Pau is valuing money or a championship more. Either way though I don't believe that he would select the Thunder in either scenario because if its money he wants he goes back to LA or maybe Chicago if they don't use up their money on Stephenson. If its a chance for another championship rather than money, then I believe that the Spurs would be his best option. But at this point we really just don't know what Gasol's priorities are at this point...Me personally I believe that Pau is going to pick the money and stay in Los Angeles...

I remember Gasol mentioned 3-4 teams in which he was interested back in May or June. What are those teams?

TheGreatYacht
07-10-2014, 04:22 AM
No way overrated Parsons can outplay 2013 Vince Carter... Plus they got Felton

Splitter can stop that 7ft SG Bosh.. Duncan can easily stop Dwroids... They loosing Lin... Who's gonna stop Kawhi? Francisco Garcia?

Gasol is going to the Spurs or Bulls. Why would he go to OKC to get 2 touches a game and play for a coach with no system

spursparker9
07-10-2014, 04:42 AM
3 years 46 mil is crazy.

Parsons is not even an All Star.

Fireball
07-10-2014, 05:55 AM
Is Monta Ellis staying with the Mavs as well? A Nowitzki, Ellis, Parsons lineup is pretty good offensively. Still not worried, just shows how the Western Conference teams do much better work than the teams in the East.

exstatic
07-10-2014, 07:36 AM
3 years 46 mil is crazy.

Apparently, Morey sent a text to Cuban after they beat out Dallas for Howard. Probably not a smart move in hindsight...

Spur|n|Austin
07-10-2014, 08:03 AM
3 years 46 mil is crazy.

Neither are any of the Spurs besides TP. What's your point?

FireMicoHalili
07-10-2014, 08:08 AM
Neither are any of the Spurs besides TP. What's your point?
He's saying Parsons is breaking the bank..? Parker I think is making $12.5M and is an All-Star. None of the Spurs aren't all-stars yet none of em make more than Parsons will. Unless of course you were being sarcastic...

rjv
07-10-2014, 09:11 AM
i think i will always have that image of chandlers desperately chasing lillard on that inbounds play that cost the rockets that series. parsons is a poor defender but he will certainly fit into carlisle's "flow" offensive scheme and make the mavs even more potent on offense. but...if bosh goes back to miami, parsons stays a rocket.

toki9
07-10-2014, 10:23 AM
If LeBron doesn't make a decision before Sunday...and the Parsons match period is up as of midnight Saturday...what'll Houston do? Match and forget about Bosh? Let Parsons go and hope Bosh comes? Guess the worst case here is that they lose both Parsons and Bosh...interesting how all these things are piling up

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-10-2014, 10:29 AM
Cuban just shafted the Rockets. He knows that extra 3mil a year of over payment for Parson will push the Rockets over the Tax line and will have huge ramifications on how the Rockets can improve their roster in many a years.

Parsons is easily worth 10-12 mil on the market when factoring his stats. But at 15 mil+, he is being overpaid and Cuban knows this. Its a win win for the Mavs either way. They keep him and give Dirk a couple of shots at another title or the Rockets resign him and are in cap hell for 4-5 years.

You're not winning the West with Bosh, Howard, Parson, and Harden and a bunch of mins filling out your roster. Spurs bench would have these guys for lunch by the 3rd quarter in the playoffs.

Cry Havoc
07-10-2014, 10:47 AM
Cuban just shafted the Rockets. He knows that extra 3mil a year of over payment for Parson will push the Rockets over the Tax line and will have huge ramifications on how the Rockets can improve their roster in many a years.

Parsons is easily worth 10-12 mil on the market when factoring his stats. But at 15 mil+, he is being overpaid and Cuban knows this. Its a win win for the Mavs either way. They keep him and give Dirk a couple of shots at another title or the Rockets resign him and are in cap hell for 4-5 years.

You're not winning the West with Bosh, Howard, Parson, and Harden and a bunch of mins filling out your roster. Spurs bench would have these guys for lunch by the 3rd quarter in the playoffs.

Yup. Power moves by power owners. Cuban gets a lot of heat but he definitely wants a winner in Dallas and they're lucky to have him.

kjhip1
07-10-2014, 10:52 AM
i think i will always have that image of chandlers desperately chasing lillard on that inbounds play that cost the rockets that series. parsons is a poor defender but he will certainly fit into carlisle's "flow" offensive scheme and make the mavs even more potent on offense. but...if bosh goes back to miami, parsons stays a rocket.

Need to rewatch tape, the responsibility for lillard fell on harden when parsons got picked. Harden stood there instead of stepping up.

rjv
07-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Need to rewatch tape, the responsibility for lillard fell on harden when parsons got picked. Harden stood there instead of stepping up.

i have and harden is his typical lackluster self but parsons doesn't help at all. the inbound pass is made and parson hesitates before he even makes the attempt to stop the pass to lillard. of course, he has no shot of catching him and game over. in fact, the whole tape is a lesson in how not to defend a last second shot and a testament to the terrible coaching of kevin mchale. perhaps mchale still thinks he is the rockets' best option on defending the inbound pass by crowding the passer.

smaka
07-10-2014, 12:01 PM
If LeBron doesn't make a decision before Sunday...and the Parsons match period is up as of midnight Saturday...what'll Houston do? Match and forget about Bosh? Let Parsons go and hope Bosh comes? Guess the worst case here is that they lose both Parsons and Bosh...interesting how all these things are piling up
Offer sheet hasn't been signed yet, so the clock is not running as of now.

rjv
07-10-2014, 12:17 PM
apparently, according to donnie boy, the mavs and rockets are discussing possible sign and trade.

xmas1997
07-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Offer sheet hasn't been signed yet, so the clock is not running as of now.

It was signed, just not submitted yet.

smaka
07-10-2014, 02:04 PM
It was signed, just not submitted yet.
Per Woj, it was just submitted.

ceperez
07-10-2014, 02:43 PM
Per Woj, it was just submitted.

Now Bosh has 72 hours to decide the fate of the Heat/Rockets.

Kudos to Mark Cuban for placing the Rockets and Heat in a big squeeze.

look_at_g_shred
07-10-2014, 03:09 PM
With lbj supposedly to announce today, it should make this dilemma along with the rest of the nba free agency flood gate to open.

FireMicoHalili
07-10-2014, 06:29 PM
With the cap rising every year, somehow $15M doesn't seem too much for someone who can end up your 3rd best player, given Dallas' best player just took a haircut. Love the fact Dallas and Houston have been trying for years to build rosters with truckloads of talent and have yet to come close to the amount of success the Spurs have garnered in the past decade.

Of course, the part where they screw each other over has been enjoyable. Would be 10x funnier if the Heatles break up.

Old School 44
07-10-2014, 11:37 PM
Mavs sign Ray Allen. Cuban reviving Allen Parsons Project.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-11-2014, 12:05 AM

I spent quite a while, like half an hour, talking with Chip back in 2007 and asked about what they do with players with bad form. paraphrasing, his answer was that they work with what the player already does and do the best they can with it rather than trying to "re-build" shot mechanics. He'd probably make Marion into a good shooter, even with his terrible form. :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-11-2014, 12:08 AM

Spot on! :tu

I used to be a Morey fan, but he should have realised that Harden and D12 are a terrible fit, and I wonder if he over-relies on metrics over actually watching basketball. I like that Cuban is shafting him... something I NEVER thought I'd say! :lol

moisaenz
07-11-2014, 12:24 AM
Now Bosh has 72 hours to decide the fate of the Heat/Rockets.

Kudos to Mark Cuban for placing the Rockets and Heat in a big squeeze.

In a way lebron wants this to happen as well, maybe if the rockets had not offered bosh that contract, james might have made up his mind and maybe Dallas would be looking for somebody else..

FireMicoHalili
07-11-2014, 08:41 PM
Looks like Rox are going to match with Bosh staying in Miami

Harry Callahan
07-11-2014, 09:12 PM
So, Harden is the third highest paid Rocket now if the CP OS is matched. I wonder how that will sit with him. Hopefully not well and he becomes more cancerous than he already is.

ginobilized
07-11-2014, 09:27 PM
Mavs sign Ray Allen. Cuban reviving Allen Parsons Project.

That is Old School....::lol