PDA

View Full Version : Wing-Nut-ology

Nbadan
07-09-2014, 09:24 PM
So much bull...so few threads...

"I don't want get into the debate about climate change. But I'll simply point out that I think in academia we all agree that the temperature on Mars is exactly as it is here. Nobody will dispute that. Yet there are no coal mines on Mars. There's no factories on Mars that I'm aware of."

-- Kentucky state Sen. Brandon Smith (R), quoted by WFPL, apparently not knowing that the average temperature on Mars is -81 degrees.

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2014/07/09/quote_of_the_day.html

Nbadan
07-09-2014, 09:32 PM
Speaking in Virginia Beach, Ed Gillespie says, "A minimum wage job is where you learn to get to work on time....Its where you learn the social aspect of work, where you play on a softball league and go for a beer after work."

http://www.bluevirginia.us/diary/11856/ed-gillespie-minimum-wage-job-where-you-play-on-a-softball-leaguego-for-a-beer-after-work

Nbadan
07-09-2014, 09:42 PM
If he wanted to, he could do what Woodrow Wilson did — and he’s certainly not one of my favorite presidents,” Gohmert said on Tuesday. “But after Pancho Villa’s gangs came across, I believe in Arizona, and killed some American families, he said, ‘That’s it.’ He sent John Pershing with troops into Mexico. And you can read some different versions. Tens of thousands of National Guard were put on the border. And Dan, nobody came in that we didn’t want to come in.”

Gohmert was likely referring to a March 1916 attack by Villa and his supporters against a detachment of the Army’s 13th Cavalry Regiment in Columbus, New Mexico. The Mexican revolutionary leader carried out the attack in order to gain supplies for his military campaign against the country’s U.S.-backed president, Venustiano Carranza.

Eighteen U.S. residents were killed in the attack. In response, Pershing and 5,000 Army troops pursued Villa’s forces in Mexico for nearly a year, to no avail.

Read more: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/08/tx-rep-gohmert-obama-should-send-u-s-military-into-mexico-to-stop-immigrants/

Aztecfan03
07-10-2014, 02:35 AM
Yes some republicans say soem stupid things but so do democrats.

boutons_deux
07-10-2014, 07:24 AM

false equivalence.

DarrinS
07-10-2014, 07:30 AM

The OP is a 9/11 conspiracy nutter

boutons_deux
07-10-2014, 07:51 AM

not any more NUTTY than the NUTTY DIRECT QUOTES from Repug nutters

Aztecfan03
07-14-2014, 04:59 PM

boutons seems to be the ultimate nutter though.

boutons_deux
07-14-2014, 10:42 PM

I give TONS of insane, ignorant quotes from Repugs. Where are yours from Dems?

TeyshaBlue
07-14-2014, 11:58 PM
''I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man.''

—Sen. Joe Biden (D-DE) on Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL)
''I've looked on many women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times. God knows I will do this and forgives me.''

—President Jimmy Carter, in an interview with 'Playboy' one month prior to the 1976 election

''I'm blacker than Barack Obama. I shined shoes. I grew up in a five-room apartment. My father had a little laundromat in a black community not far from where we lived. I saw it all growing up.''

—Ex-Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, in an interview with 'Esquire' magazine

''His mom lived in Long Island for ten years or so. God rest her soul. And- although, she's- wait- your mom's still- your mom's still alive. Your dad passed. God bless her soul.''

—Joe Biden, on the mother of Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen, who is very much alive, Washington, D.C., March 17, 2010

''I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.''

—Hillary Clinton, on visiting Bosnia in 1996, contradicting other accounts that said there was no threat of gunfire. Clinton later said she ''misspoke.''

''Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.''

—Marion Barry, former mayor of Washington, D.C.

''My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize.''

—Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) expressing concern during a congressional hearing that the presence of a large number of American soldiers might upend the island of Guam

Sheila Jackson Lee took to the House Floor and confused people, demanding unemployment insurance payments for the employed.
“Let us vote to provide for unemployment insurance for working men and women so that faces across America will not have the tear of desperation on their faces.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, December 12, 2013

Would you like some more, moonbat? Cause there's plenty left. Of course, you won't find them on think progress :lol .borg

Nbadan
07-16-2014, 02:12 AM
Yawn....yes Liberals sometimes say stupid stuff too, but the GOP has perfected it...

WASHINGTON — In a stunning move on July 10, the U.S. House of Representatives passed an amendment on a voice vote to the 2015 Energy and Water Appropriations Act (H.R. 4923) which would prohibit any federal spending for replacement of inefficient toilets. House Amendment #1046 was sponsored by Rep. Paul Gosar of Arizona. The bill then passed the House and is now on its way to the U.S. Senate.

The impacts of this amendment will be far reaching. It will prevent the use of any federal funding from the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, or even the U.S. Department of Energy to finance toilet retrofit programs that save both water and energy.

Rep. Gosar said such Federal programs are a waste of money.

“With an out of control debt and no end in sight, it is beyond crazy to have the federal government continuing to subsidize unnecessary and wasteful projects,” Rep. Gosar said. “My commonsense amendment saves taxpayer money and gets the federal government out of the business of subsidizing expensive toilet exchanges that yield highly questionable returns.

“If toilet exchange programs were as efficient as the EPA and Bureau of Reclamation claim,” he continued, “then such products would save so much money and water over time that they would sell themselves in the private market and wouldn’t need taxpayer subsidies. It’s time for the federal government to stop flushing taxpayer dollars down the toilet.”

http://contractormag.com/toilets/us-house-passes-ban-federal-funding-efficient-toilets

High Efficiency Toilets can save a family of four up to 16,500 gallons of water annually.

Nbadan
07-16-2014, 02:19 AM
Plenty of money for tax cuts for the rich...

GOP House Votes For Tax Breaks To Add $287 Billion More To Deficit

WASHINGTON -- The GOP-led House of Representatives embraced a former stimulus measure Friday, voting to make it and another related tax cut permanent, adding $287 billion to the deficit over the next 10 years.

The largest part of the cut, worth more than $263 billion, is making permanent so-called bonus depreciation, which allows businesses to write off the cost of capital investments and improvements much more quickly.

Nbadan
07-16-2014, 02:24 AM
Meanwhile...

A new report argues that the Bush tax cuts actually cost Americans $6.6 trillion in personal income — more than enough to pay for every student loan, car loan and credit card debt in the U.S.

In an Al Jazeera America column on Wednesday, investigative reporter David Cay Johnston calculated the average income of Americans between 2001 and 2012 — the years President George W. Bush’s tax cuts were in effect. After adjusting for inflation he compared that income with the average income in 2000, and determined that $6.6 trillion was missing.

“Consider what $48,000 of additional income over those 12 years would have meant to you,” Johnston wrote. “It is the equivalent of $11 appearing in your wallet every morning from the start of 2001 through the end of 2012.”

“Had that $6.6 trillion shortfall been realized as income, it would have been enough to pay off all the student loans in United States ($1.26 trillion), all the automobile loans ($892 billion) and all the credit card debt ($827 billion),” he noted. “After paying all that debt off and taking taxes into account, Americans still would have more than $2.4 trillion left in their pockets and bank accounts.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/10/report-6-6-trillion-lost-on-bush-tax-cuts-could-pay-all-student-loans-car-loans-credit-cards/

TeyshaBlue
07-16-2014, 05:20 AM
Yawn....yes Liberals sometimes say stupid stuff too, but the GOP has perfected it...
boutons seemed unaware it was even thinkable.
Sorry for the interrupt. Now back to the regularly scheduled moonbat circle-jerk.....

boutons_deux
07-16-2014, 05:23 AM
''I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man.''

—Sen. Joe Biden (D-DE) on Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL)
''I've looked on many women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times. God knows I will do this and forgives me.''

—President Jimmy Carter, in an interview with 'Playboy' one month prior to the 1976 election

''I'm blacker than Barack Obama. I shined shoes. I grew up in a five-room apartment. My father had a little laundromat in a black community not far from where we lived. I saw it all growing up.''

—Ex-Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, in an interview with 'Esquire' magazine

''His mom lived in Long Island for ten years or so. God rest her soul. And- although, she's- wait- your mom's still- your mom's still alive. Your dad passed. God bless her soul.''

—Joe Biden, on the mother of Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen, who is very much alive, Washington, D.C., March 17, 2010

''I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.''

—Hillary Clinton, on visiting Bosnia in 1996, contradicting other accounts that said there was no threat of gunfire. Clinton later said she ''misspoke.''

''Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.''

—Marion Barry, former mayor of Washington, D.C.

''My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize.''

—Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) expressing concern during a congressional hearing that the presence of a large number of American soldiers might upend the island of Guam

Sheila Jackson Lee took to the House Floor and confused people, demanding unemployment insurance payments for the employed.
“Let us vote to provide for unemployment insurance for working men and women so that faces across America will not have the tear of desperation on their faces.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, December 12, 2013

Would you like some more, moonbat? Cause there's plenty left. Of course, you won't find them on think progress :lol .borg

not too bad, TB :lol

but all adds up to very weak shit, and VERY OLD.

TeyshaBlue
07-16-2014, 05:45 AM
Im sure you think so. :lolSorry.

boutons_deux
07-16-2014, 06:08 AM
Im sure you think so. :lolSorry.

None of those have ANYTHING to with govt regs, policy, social actions, principles, science, propaganda, etc. While stupid, it's completely harmless.

iow, WEAK OLD shit.

TeyshaBlue
07-16-2014, 06:35 AM
:lol blue team fluffer
That was a 15 second Google search. I don't have an rss feed telling me what to think. :lmao

pgardn
07-16-2014, 10:44 AM

Sometimes...

So the Republicans have the stupid speech stuff cornered.

And this not so long after Charles Rangel has basically been re-elected... Jeeezzzz