PDA

View Full Version : Knicks: More proof MVPau is MVPau

ambchang
07-10-2014, 08:56 AM
Superstars look at LA because of 2 factors:

1) It's LA
2) MVPau

1) is pretty self-explanatory.

2) is as well, but then Kobestans don't believe that, but then articles like this comes in:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/03/report-carmelo-anthony-wants-to-talk-to-pau-gasol-about-playing-together-with-knicks/

People want to play with MVPau because they want to win (while likely to get all the credit). Nobody wants to move to LA to play with a cripple.

Killakobe81
07-10-2014, 09:03 AM
Thank goodness overpaying Melo is dumb.

Clipper Nation
07-10-2014, 09:06 AM
MVPau :worthy:

Medvedenko
07-10-2014, 10:20 AM
Once Kobe retires, it will be back to normal for the Lakers. His shadow in both persona and cap space is too hard to reconcile for the majority of these players. Rather than having the hindsight that in 2 years it will be your team (insert FA) and you'll have one of the biggest markets in sports at your fingertips to parlay into greatness regardless of on court performance. The pressure though is too much for most players unfortunately. Also, the team is in shambles at the moment, no coach, aging stars in Pau and no gaurentee of a re-up and Kobe who claims he's in mid season form, however still hitting 36 years with a ton of miles on his body.
Best case, Kobe comes back ala Jordan post baseball career with added focus and ability. Probably not though. It's a good time for the NBA though, and I hope that the Cavs get Lebron to play with the canadian kids and Melo stays in NYK with Phil and Dfish. The lakers will be back, just after Kobe retires though.

ambchang
07-10-2014, 10:27 AM
Once Kobe retires, it will be back to normal for the Lakers. His shadow in both persona and cap space is too hard to reconcile for the majority of these players. Rather than having the hindsight that in 2 years it will be your team (insert FA) and you'll have one of the biggest markets in sports at your fingertips to parlay into greatness regardless of on court performance. The pressure though is too much for most players unfortunately. Also, the team is in shambles at the moment, no coach, aging stars in Pau and no gaurentee of a re-up and Kobe who claims he's in mid season form, however still hitting 36 years with a ton of miles on his body.
Best case, Kobe comes back ala Jordan post baseball career with added focus and ability. Probably not though. It's a good time for the NBA though, and I hope that the Cavs get Lebron to play with the canadian kids and Melo stays in NYK with Phil and Dfish. The lakers will be back, just after Kobe retires though.

It was difficult to lead the Lakers to two non-playoff seasons non-consecutively. In fact, only one player in Lakers history was able to accomplish this feat.

The other player who managed to lead the Lakers to miss two playoffs (consecutively) was Gail Goodrich, but you could argue Kareem was doing the leading in that second season.

RsxPiimp
07-10-2014, 10:50 AM
Should be a sticky

Medvedenko
07-10-2014, 12:01 PM
It was difficult to lead the Lakers to two non-playoff seasons non-consecutively. In fact, only one player in Lakers history was able to accomplish this feat.

The other player who managed to lead the Lakers to miss two playoffs (consecutively) was Gail Goodrich, but you could argue Kareem was doing the leading in that second season.

You're an idiot....the only reason I'm responding to you is to call you out. No Laker fans, media or anyone with any bball acumen will use your pseudo bs as an arguement to Kobe's legacy. Sorry bro, it's already cemented. As of 2014 he's the greatest Laker to ever lace them up. Sorry, it's the truth. Nostalgia aside I'd go with Magic, however those halycion days are long gone. No matter what you or this board continue to do will change that.

RsxPiimp
07-10-2014, 12:05 PM
You're an idiot....the only reason I'm responding to you is to call you out. No Laker fans, media or anyone with any bball acumen will use your pseudo bs as an arguement to Kobe's legacy. Sorry bro, it's already cemented. As of 2014 he's the greatest Laker to ever lace them up. Sorry, it's the truth. Nostalgia aside I'd go with Magic, however those halycion days are long gone. No matter what you or this board continue to do will change that.

Medvedenko, bullying chinks down low

Thread
07-10-2014, 12:06 PM
Pau can't win a single playoff game without Kobe. His chance was last Spring. Him & Nash did a lot of jackassing then. Sure, they were led down the primrose by Media, but, Artest said "no."

Crying to the refs on national television because Dirk & Chandler busted his hole was a marker. Pau disgraced himself there.

& the motherfucker? He's comin' back. Yeah, we couldn't get rid of this hump with a wooden stake & silver bullets. The SOB.

RsxPiimp
07-10-2014, 12:11 PM
Pau can't win a single playoff game without Kobe. His chance was last Spring. Him & Nash did a lot of jackassing then. Sure, they were led down the primrose by Media, but, Artest said "no."

Crying to the refs on national television because Dirk & Chandler busted his hole was a marker. Pau disgraced himself there.

& the motherfucker? He's comin' back. Yeah, we couldn't get rid of this hump with a wooden stake & silver bullets. The SOB.
Thread comin in for the kill

Jodelo
07-10-2014, 12:15 PM
RsxPiimp (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=12644) being the cumcatcher that he is! :lol

RsxPiimp
07-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Jodelo comin in to score a couple of brownie points in garbage time :lol

ambchang
07-10-2014, 02:16 PM

:lol Ignoring Magic (2.5 lead titles, 2.5 sidekick titles), KAJ (2.5 lead titles, 2.5 sidekick titles), Shaq (3 lead titles), Wilt (2 lead titles, 1 with Lakers), and West.
The reason all these other players did NOT miss the playoffs to the magnitude of Kobe did was because they were able to maximize the contributions of their talented teammates. Kobe never was able to do that. He missed the playoffs with a more than competent Odom and Butler playing with him. Were those great players? No, but that cast is certainly comparable to what a 31 year old Worthy had to put up with in 1993.

How was his legacy cemented? Of course by winning championships. So why does he get credit for winning, but not the blame for losing? Care to explain that one to me? And no, it's not cemented, his legacy has been dropping like a rock since 2010. If the Lakers does poorly again next season, his legacy will continue to drop after $48.5M, and especially if he continues to shoot with no abandon.

Medvedenko, bullying chinks down low

Oh look! Hype man.

ambchang
07-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Jodelo comin in to score a couple of brownie points in garbage time :lol

You are right, he did score by calling you a cumcatcher, because that's what you are.

And it's garbage time because the "Kobe is the greatest Lakers" argument was buried before it even began.

ambchang
07-10-2014, 02:20 PM

As opposed to crying on national TV because Duncan bullied him into submission with 37/16? Or going 7/22 in a 39 point loss in 6 when nobody had more than 8 shots then blaming MVPau for the loss?

Thread
07-10-2014, 02:21 PM
As opposed to crying on national TV because Duncan bullied him into submission with 37/16? Or going 7/22 in a 39 point loss in 6 when nobody had more than 8 shots then blaming MVPau for the loss?

Absolutely.

RsxPiimp
07-10-2014, 02:22 PM
You are right, he did score by calling you a cumcatcher, because that's what you are.

And it's garbage time because the "Kobe is the greatest Lakers" argument was buried before it even began.

I can't even get mad at you anymore bro. You a cool cat:toast

Medvedenko
07-10-2014, 03:18 PM
:lol Ignoring Magic (2.5 lead titles, 2.5 sidekick titles), KAJ (2.5 lead titles, 2.5 sidekick titles), Shaq (3 lead titles), Wilt (2 lead titles, 1 with Lakers), and West.
The reason all these other players did NOT miss the playoffs to the magnitude of Kobe did was because they were able to maximize the contributions of their talented teammates. Kobe never was able to do that. He missed the playoffs with a more than competent Odom and Butler playing with him. Were those great players? No, but that cast is certainly comparable to what a 31 year old Worthy had to put up with in 1993.

How was his legacy cemented? Of course by winning championships. So why does he get credit for winning, but not the blame for losing? Care to explain that one to me? And no, it's not cemented, his legacy has been dropping like a rock since 2010. If the Lakers does poorly again next season, his legacy will continue to drop after $48.5M, and especially if he continues to shoot with no abandon.

Oh look! Hype man.

Biggest pet peeve in all team sports is arbitralily stating shit like this like it actually means anything.

Ok, I called you an idiot before...now you're just simply in the realm of "your opinion is invalid and basketballreference.com is god ". Stay upstairs and enjoy your team's title. Also if you haven't actually watched the lakers play of the eras you mentioned you really don't have a valid arguement and offer nothing of any value. Keep looking up stats though...you're pretty good at it. Parrots do what parrots do bro.

Killakobe81
07-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Biggest pet peeve in all team sports is arbitralily stating shit like this like it actually means anything.

Ok, I called you an idiot before...now you're just simply in the realm of "your opinion is invalid and basketballreference.com is god ". Stay upstairs and enjoy your team's title. Also if you haven't actually watched the lakers play of the eras you mentioned you really don't have a valid arguement and offer nothing of any value. Keep looking up stats though...you're pretty good at it. Parrots do what parrots do bro.

Med glad to see you around, and glad you are burying amb with his rhetoric. Amb wants to quantify titles, because before last month it was 5>4. Now that it is equal he has to resort to" well Duncan won 3 or 4 as the lead dog." It's all obvious and very weak. I already told that clown we could debate this after they both retire and for now I would even concede duncan over Kobe pending the final lap of both guys. But he is on this personal mission to discredit Kobe and elevate Pau ...so let him. the MVPau moniker no longer irks me ...because anyone that is not a hater on or outside this board, Spain or Pau's family knows the truth. And I dislike tearing down Pau to prove a point. So I leave Amb alone for the most part nowadays ...but enjoy your back and forth ...

How have you been Med btw?

Clipper Nation
07-10-2014, 03:31 PM
the MVPau moniker no longer irks me because anyone that is not hater outside this board, Spain or Pau's family knows the truth.

And the truth is that he carried KirbyPERIOD

Killakobe81
07-10-2014, 03:32 PM
And the truth is that he carried KirbyPERIOD

Non haters, I saiiiid!!

Cry Havoc
07-10-2014, 04:25 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

No sane Laker fan would trade a guy who can play 5 positions and did everything well with the bus-throwing game-quitting chucker. :lol Magic is a top 3 player in NBA history, Kobe is, if anything barely top 10. Yeaaaaaaaah, not even close to the greatest Lakers player ever. Don't get me wrong, Kobe is an all-time great player, but you're comparing a TERRIBLE teammate with one of the most consummately gifted ball distributors (and the greatest PG) in league history.

Medvedenko
07-10-2014, 07:47 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

No sane Laker fan would trade a guy who can play 5 positions and did everything well with the bus-throwing game-quitting chucker. :lol Magic is a top 3 player in NBA history, Kobe is, if anything barely top 10. Yeaaaaaaaah, not even close to the greatest Lakers player ever. Don't get me wrong, Kobe is an all-time great player, but you're comparing a TERRIBLE teammate with one of the most consummately gifted ball distributors (and the greatest PG) in league history.

Yup, I compared them. Sorry if that hurts. Deal with it. I'm sure if spurstalk was around back then there would be headlines galore....Tragic Johnson....choker, coach killer etc.

spurraider21
07-10-2014, 07:50 PM
Yup, I compared them. Sorry if that hurts. Deal with it. I'm sure if spurstalk was around back then there would be headlines galore....Tragic Johnson....choker, coach killer etc.
not to mention faggot

Cry Havoc
07-10-2014, 08:03 PM

Considering there's a thread about how Popovich is a terrible coach upstairs, I completely agree with you.

jimbo
07-10-2014, 08:54 PM

:lol

As if anyone other than Kobestan puts him above Magic or Kareem or even Shaq on their all time lists. So once you throw out basketball greatness as the qualifier for "greatest Laker", all you've got left is ":cry b-b-but Kobe exemplifies what it means to be a Laker :cry"

I don't know who the fuck would want a quitting rapist sociopath as the embodiment of the Laker franchise. He fucking went on the radio and talked about how he wanted to leave y'all in the dust and you're still wanting to blow him? If you somehow haven't realized that you're the abuse taking girlfriend in this situation yet, you just did.

pgardn
07-10-2014, 09:57 PM

As if anyone other than Kobestan puts him above Magic or Kareem or even Shaq on their all time lists. So once you throw out basketball greatness as the qualifier for "greatest Laker", all you've got left is ":cry b-b-but Kobe exemplifies what it means to be a Laker :cry"

I don't know who the fuck would want a quitting rapist sociopath as the embodiment of the Laker franchise. He fucking went on the radio and talked about how he wanted to leave y'all in the dust and you're still wanting to blow him? If you somehow haven't realized that you're the abuse taking girlfriend in this situation yet, you just did.

damn good...

Killakobe81
07-11-2014, 09:19 AM

2nd greatest Laker period. Him being an asshole and commiting adultery doesn't change that.

lefty
07-11-2014, 09:25 AM
:lol 2nd greatest Laker

Clipper Nation
07-11-2014, 11:15 AM
2nd greatest Laker period. Him being an asshole and commiting adultery doesn't change that.
:lmao

jimbo
07-11-2014, 08:03 PM

Eh. Him wanting to quit(PERIOD) has to knock him down to the same level as a non lifetime Laker. I get why you'd think he's #2, but if it were up to him he'd have left your ass for the Bulls. At least Kareem retired a Laker.

Thread
07-11-2014, 08:08 PM
Eh. Him wanting to quit(PERIOD) has to knock him down to the same level as a non lifetime Laker. I get why you'd think he's #2, but if it were up to him he'd have left your ass for the Bulls. At least Kareem retired a Laker.

You've had your quitters. You've no room. Without Bryant we're light 5 and at 11.

Your 5 were just as bloody as our 16. You're just permitted to hide your bloodshed.

jimbo
07-11-2014, 09:40 PM
You've had your quitters. You've no room. Without Bryant we're light 5 and at 11.

Your 5 were just as bloody as our 16. You're just permitted to hide your bloodshed.

Without him you're prolly light 3ish. The Spurs would probably have a few more in the trophy case too, maybe James would have an extra.

Or who knows? Maybe the T-Mac/Shaq dynasty wins you a 5peat.

All I'm saying is Kareem should be #2. Kobe #3. Daddy may have got you the threepeat, but he was far less loyal than the rapist. He actually had the cojones to get out of LA. tbh imo fwiw

Thread
07-11-2014, 09:45 PM
Without him you're prolly light 3ish. The Spurs would probably have a few more in the trophy case too, maybe James would have an extra.

Or who knows? Maybe the T-Mac/Shaq dynasty wins you a 5peat.

All I'm saying is Kareem should be #2. Kobe #3. Daddy may have got you the threepeat, but he was far less loyal than the rapist. He actually had the cojones to get out of LA. tbh imo fwiw

I don't rank the players like that. It's my religion. I leave that to you children.

It's Kobe's disloyalty that led to 4&5. After the rape Buss went to sleep at the wheel. It took Kobe kicking him in the ass to get him to own his team again.

jimbo
07-11-2014, 09:54 PM
I don't rank the players like that. It's my religion. I leave that to you children.

It's Kobe's disloyalty that led to 4&5. After the rape Buss went to sleep at the wheel. It took Kobe kicking him in the ass to get him to own his team again.

:lol please. Every religion can rank their prophets. It takes a true chickenshit to not even attempt it.

And I do agree, Kobe's rape did lead to 4&5. Had he been content in life he'd have sailed on like James did in Cleveland for all those years.

Thread
07-11-2014, 10:01 PM
:lol please. Every religion can rank their prophets. It takes a true chickenshit to not even attempt it.

And I do agree, Kobe's rape did lead to 4&5. Had he been content in life he'd have sailed on like James did in Cleveland for all those years.

So be it. I don't do it, never have. And I never will.

---

His penance is the years he lost while the old man slept. Years spent in waste, wandering in reality, eternally grateful not to be behind the walls. Years of the prime's prime when he should have been executing his franchise instead of thanking his lucky stars.

ambchang
07-12-2014, 04:01 PM

:lol You are acting like saying Kobe is the best Laker to ever lace up is some sort of scientific study. I am playing the Kobe fan game of ring counting, and no matter how you spin it, Kobe doesn't measure up to Magic, Kareem, or Shaq, even in terms of ring count

:cry, oh no, I was expecting some kind answer and you are calling me something worst than an idiot.

Even worse, this came immediately AFTER you stated arbitrary measurements (which would include opinions with nothing to back up) as your biggest pet peeve. How do you live with hating yourself so much. Every time to came up with some random opinion with nothing to back up, do you go take a shower to clean up because it was such a pet peeve of yours?

Lastly, I highly respect you being the realm of "your opinion is invalid and I am God" stance. It's so much more sophisticated than the "your opinion is invalid and basketballreference.com is god" one.

ambchang
07-12-2014, 04:03 PM
Absolutely.

I disagree.

Infinite_limit
07-12-2014, 04:05 PM
If Gasol brings a title to Chicago, he's TOP 10. 1 spot ahead of James

ambchang
07-12-2014, 04:09 PM
Med glad to see you around, and glad you are burying amb with his rhetoric. Amb wants to quantify titles, because before last month it was 5>4. Now that it is equal he has to resort to" well Duncan won 3 or 4 as the lead dog." It's all obvious and very weak. I already told that clown we could debate this after they both retire and for now I would even concede duncan over Kobe pending the final lap of both guys. But he is on this personal mission to discredit Kobe and elevate Pau ...so let him. the MVPau moniker no longer irks me ...because anyone that is not a hater on or outside this board, Spain or Pau's family knows the truth. And I dislike tearing down Pau to prove a point. So I leave Amb alone for the most part nowadays ...but enjoy your back and forth ...

How have you been Med btw?

Where in the universe have you been? I have been in the camp of saying titles have to be quantifiable for the longest time, depending on teammates, coaching, opposition, and contribution. It has ALWAYS been that way.

In fact, I have been in the camp of saying teamwork and coaching trumps individual talent in the playoffs, while individual talent can lead to successful regular season camp for the longest time. Statistics back it up, historical observation backs it up, and common sense backs it up.

I also cannot see how my "rhetoric" was buried" when on one hand, Med said he hates arbitrarily quantifying things, while in another, state that his opinion is of far more importance than statistical data.

And finally, you have said if Duncan rung this year, it's Duncan > Kobe. I don't really care for it because it was Duncan > Kobe even if Duncan didn't ring this year, but now you want to delay this debate until retirement?

As for MVPau, Melo's camp has stated that him joining the Lakers is dependent upon whether MVPau stays, because players see that without MVPau, the Lakers are useless. In today's pace and space game, MVPau's inside/outside/passing game for a big is as valuable as ever. he is already way over his prime, but what he brings to the table is unique.

Thread
07-12-2014, 04:10 PM
If Gasol brings a title to Chicago, he's TOP 10. 1 spot ahead of James

He'd drive Thibodeau out of his fuckin' mind. They're nuts.

HI-FI
07-12-2014, 04:12 PM

Without Shaq or Pau you are light 5. With Kobe you're getting knocked out in the first round, back at Mori's place begging for MSG-laden jizz.

ambchang
07-12-2014, 04:13 PM

Shaq > Kobe, even if Shaq only played on the Lakers for those 3 years and NO other years, Shaq is still > Kobe.

KAJ > Kobe. Really, not sure what else is there to state. Even though he was at the downturn of his career, him leading the Lakers to success in the early 80s along with Magic was phenomenal.

Magic > Kobe. Magic is the greatest Laker ever. I don't think you are even going to contemplate debating that.

Then of course, there is West, who just happened to be the logo, and the only reason he never won a ring was because his team weren't as great as the Celtics.

Thread
07-12-2014, 04:13 PM
Without Shaq or Pau you are light 5. With Kobe you're getting knocked out in the first round, back at Mori's place begging for MSG-laden jizz.

Kobe: 2

Daddy: 1

& Gasol can't win a single playoff game without Kobe holding his hand. He had his chance last Spring. Big shot. ha.

Clipper Nation
07-12-2014, 04:15 PM

& Gasol can't win a single playoff game without Kobe holding his hand. He had his chance last Spring. Big shot. ha.
Kirby had a chance to win 'twixt Daddy and MVPau, but, he was shinin' shoes instead. Big shot.

whitemamba
07-12-2014, 04:15 PM
Pau > Duncan

Thread
07-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Kirby had a chance to win 'twixt Daddy and MVPau, but, he was shinin' shoes instead. Big shot.

And Gasol can't win a single playoff game without Kobe holding his hand.

Clipper Nation
07-12-2014, 04:17 PM

Daddy: 3

MVPau: 2

And Kirby was shinin' shoes without Stern, Phil, Daddy, MVPau, Horry, Fisher, Odom, Bynum, and Artest holding his hand.

Thread
07-12-2014, 04:19 PM

And Kirby was shinin' shoes without Stern, Phil, Daddy, MVPau, Horry, Fisher, Odom, Bynum, and Artest holding his hand.

Fine. You take that. Me? I'm dancin' with who brung me:::

Clipper Nation
07-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Fine. You take that. Me? I'm dancin' with who brung me:::

& I'm stickin' with the truth:::

Thread
07-12-2014, 04:23 PM
& I'm stickin' with the truth:::

Fine. Me? I'm stickin' with who brung me:::

Clipper Nation
07-12-2014, 04:25 PM
Fine. Me? I'm stickin' with who brung me:::

& I'm keepin' with reality:::