PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Lakers centered their pitch on LaLa in Melo recruitment

midnightpulp
07-10-2014, 08:37 PM
And Lakers legend and Hall of Famer James Worthy, who was part of the Lakers contingent that met with Anthony last week in Los Angeles, said the goal of the meeting was to convince Anthony’s wife, La La Vazquez, of Hollywood’s merits.

The Post reported last week Vazquez doesn’t want Anthony to leave the Knicks.

“We tried to convey to him, the city of Los Angeles, what it brings to elite athletes, and what we could do to support him,” Worthy told Slam Magazine.

“I told Carmelo, I said, ‘I wish your wife were here because she’s more popular than you in Los Angeles.’ We’re trying to recruit her, because if you can get La La, Carmelo has no say-so. So, we’re trying to get her to Hollywood.

http://nypost.com/2014/07/10/lakers-pitch-to-carmelo-practically-ignored-carmelo/

How fuckin' pathetic :lol

Buddy Mignon
07-10-2014, 08:44 PM
Smart move. Everyone knows Melo is bitch made, so why not recruit his bitch, first. Don't know why this would surprise you. If we would try to recruit Jim we'd just throw him a party in a didlo shop with guys dressed up in Dungeons and Dragons outfits. Sounds hilarious, but I'm sure it would get the message across.

midnightpulp
07-10-2014, 08:48 PM
Smart move. Everyone knows Melo is bitch made, so why not recruit his bitch, first. Don't know why this would surprise you. If we would try to recruit Jim we'd just throw him a party in a didlo shop with guys dressed up in Dungeons and Dragons outfits. Sounds hilarious, but I'm sure it would get the message across.

And yet, she doesn't want her man to leave the Knicks. Looks like the Lakers didn't know what the fuck they were doing. They're so desperate, they'll pull out all the pathetic stops.

So get ready for Swaggy P, No Jumper Randle, a 50 year old Nash, and a Broken Down Kirby leading you to 30 wins and a lottery pick that will go to Phoenix :lol

Looking forward to next season?

Thread
07-10-2014, 08:48 PM
It's all vulgar & unseemly. And just more so when you're pursuing the lower study of mediocrity.

I just continue to grieve the happenstance, expulsion & ruination of Lamar Odom. We committed a terrible sin there. Our penance continues unabated.

midnightpulp
07-10-2014, 08:49 PM
It's all vulgar & unseemly. And just more so when you're pursuing the lower study of mediocrity.

I just continue to grieve the happenstance, expulsion & ruination of Lamar Odom. We committed a terrible sin there. Our penance continues unabated.

Culburn

Clipper Nation
07-10-2014, 08:49 PM

Ready to admit that Fredo actually sucks ass and that Ronnie and his dad were making him look good?

Thread
07-10-2014, 08:54 PM
Ready to admit that Fredo actually sucks ass and that Ronnie and his dad were making him look good?

No. Without Jim Buss we're light the 2 NBA Titles. That doesn't leave him off the hook for Lamar. The instigator moment was the ill fated trade. But, we were pardoned by an act of God and given a second chance. Odom went not to Buss but to Kupchak and it was there that our fate was decided. Instead of ordering him back to work, he blew his top and called Cuban. We've never recovered and continue to drift in the winds.

Killakobe81
07-10-2014, 08:55 PM
And yet, she doesn't want her man to leave the Knicks. Looks like the Lakers didn't know what the fuck they were doing. They're so desperate, they'll pull out all the pathetic stops.

So get ready for Swaggy P, No Jumper Randle, a 50 year old Nash, and a Broken Down Kirby leading you to 30 wins and a lottery pick that will go to Phoenix :lol

Looking forward to next season?

Mid still nervous about Lakers winning lottery ...
No Melo No Pau?
Kobe + scrubs in the new and improved WC? = top 5 pick. '
Get over it mid.
Lakers combine next year's best wing or big to add to Randle and Kobe.

Clipper Nation
07-10-2014, 08:55 PM
No. Without Jim Buss we're light the 2 NBA Titles.

http://i.imgur.com/L4mfpFU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sqOUWGx.jpg

Buddy Mignon
07-10-2014, 08:56 PM

LO crucified himself when he married into that family of vultures.

Kool Bob Love
07-10-2014, 08:58 PM
No. Without Jim Buss we're light the 2 NBA Titles. That doesn't leave him off the hook for Lamar. The instigator moment was the ill fated trade. But, we were pardoned by an act of God and given a second chance. Odom went not to Buss but to Kupchak and it was there that our fate was decided. Instead of ordering him back to work, he blew his top and called Cuban. We've never recovered and continue to drift in the winds.

Dr jerry buss was alive than you asshole. The disrespect is amazing.

jimbo
07-10-2014, 08:58 PM
They did what they're supposed to do. I'd be more mad as a Lakers fan if my team flat out quit on trying to put out a presentable product on the floor. (by not attempting to get Melo)

They know they can't compete with Houston or New York on a level playing field, it was their responsibility to try anything they could to get him to go there. We sure as hell know Melo ain't going there to play with a broken down rapist over what Houston can offer on the court and New York's extra $$$.

Thread
07-10-2014, 08:59 PM
LO crucified himself when he married into that family of vultures.

No. We broke his heart after we'd nurtured and pumped fresh blood thru it, had painstakingly turned him from a loser into a winner, then turned him out from our bed and invited the likes of Howard & Paul in to replace him.

Shame on us.

Thread
07-10-2014, 09:00 PM
Dr jerry buss was alive than you asshole. The disrespect is amazing.

Dr. Buss is not immune. He handled the Magic Johnson situation abysmally. He handled the Daddy/Kobe situation abysmally. He's not without his warts.

Kool Bob Love
07-10-2014, 09:03 PM
Dr. Buss is not immune. He handled the Magic Johnson situation abysmally. He handled the Daddy/Kobe situation abysmally. He's not without his warts.

Yup laker fans dragging the dr name threw the mud. Disgusting.

Thread
07-10-2014, 09:05 PM
Yup laker fans dragging the dr name threw the mud. Disgusting.

I don't give special dispensation for people dieing, Lovey. It's compensatory.

Buddy Mignon
07-10-2014, 09:05 PM
No. We broke his heart after we'd nurtured and pumped fresh blood thru it, had painstakingly turned him from a loser into a winner, then turned him out from our bed and invited the likes of Howard & Paul in to replace him.

Shame on us.

I'm perfectly ok with trimming the fat. LO had run his course, both he and Pau. Bringing in Paul and Howard was Pappa's parting gift. Stern and the cry-baby in Dallas just wasn't having it.

Thread
07-10-2014, 09:08 PM
I'm perfectly ok with trimming the fat. LO had run his course, both he and Pau. Bringing in Paul and Howard was Pappa's parting gift. Stern and the cry-baby in Dallas just wasn't having it.

Pau, yes. Not so with Odom. We were just beginning to reap the rewards of our extensive labors. He was a Champion, had proved his mettle in Florida with those 2 late 3's. All that work and investment only to piss it all away.

Our knee jerk then in response to the coming 50 foot tidal wave aka the new CBA has now withered to an ugly inert state.

Buddy Mignon
07-10-2014, 09:09 PM
http://nypost.com/2014/07/10/lakers-pitch-to-carmelo-practically-ignored-carmelo/

How fuckin' pathetic :lol

Everytime I see your sig I can't help but notice Kiwi hit that cigar for what's probably the first time in his life. Reminds me of a sista that just couldn't suck cock to save her life, but always wanted to try and impress me. Once, I just told her to stop it... I'm good. "I'm gonna finish watching Al Bundy."

Kool Bob Love
07-10-2014, 09:15 PM
I don't give special dispensation for people dieing, Lovey. It's compensatory.

Dont matter, died or alive, here or there, the Dr built that lakers up to their peak.

You don't disrespect someone like that.

the lakers have yet to bring the lob back to Southern California since his death.

But carry on.

Reck
07-10-2014, 09:16 PM
"She's more popular than you here."

"Trying to recruit her"

"Carmelo has no say-so"

Well ok then let me just grab my nutsack off the floor and make the move.

Real smooth talk Lakers. :lol

Thread
07-10-2014, 09:18 PM
Dont matter, died or alive, here or there, the Dr built that lakers up to their peak.

You don't disrespect someone like that.

the lakers have yet to bring the lob back to Southern California since his death.

But carry on.

Yes, he did. But, he also made monumental mistakes as we all do in life. Just because he died doesn't mean I can't cite those mistakes.

Killakobe81
07-10-2014, 09:20 PM
So glad this shit will be over soon.
Not paying Melo is a win for us ...
Melo's greed saving us from ourselves ...

Kool Bob Love
Yes, he did. But, he also made monumental mistakes as we all do in life. Just because he died doesn't mean I can't cite those mistakes.

You're light two without Dr. Buss not Jim. And don't forget it.

djohn2oo8
Kobe would be a Clipper if it wasn't for Jerry. And you'd be stuck on 14.

Clipper Nation
07-10-2014, 09:21 PM
No mistake he made is anything close to how Fredo's ruined the franchise, Dale.

Clipper Nation
07-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Kobe would be a Clipper if it wasn't for Jerry.

Thank you, Jerry!

Thread
07-10-2014, 09:22 PM
So glad this shit will be over soon.
Not paying Melo is a win for us ...
Melo's greed saving us from ourselves ...

That's the bottom line, but, what is so disturbing is we asked him, Killa.

Thread
No mistake he made is anything close to how Fredo's ruined the franchise, Dale.

Cite it.

djohn2oo8
Goddamn it Fredo.

http://i.imgur.com/SBDo7vM.gif

Clipper Nation
07-10-2014, 09:24 PM
Cite it.
Firing Ronnie (the man who brought in Bynum), constantly hiring and firing shit coaches, firing damn near the entire front office during the lockout, trading Odom for no reason, The Begging, The Rejection, 48.5, etc....

Reck
Goddamn it Fredo.

Why did the dude decide to jump off? :lol

spurraider21
Thank you, Jerry!
seriously... i can't imagine how much more annoying you'd be if you were a kirbystan instead of a lebron jockstrap carrier

Thread
07-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Firing Ronnie (the man who brought in Bynum), constantly hiring and firing shit coaches, firing damn near the entire front office during the lockout, trading Odom for no reason, The Begging, The Rejection, 48.5, etc....

Without Jim Buss we're light 2 NBA Titles. Until you stipulate to that fact I won't discuss anything else in your post. No.

RD2191
07-10-2014, 09:27 PM
I was thinking the same thing, he could of sat up straight and taken control of the cart, what a jackass. :lol

Clipper Nation
seriously... i can't imagine how much more annoying you'd be if you were a kirbystan instead of a lebron jockstrap carrier

I'm neither a stan nor a "jockstrap carrier" regardless, but trust me, I'd never be a Kirbystan even if he did go to the Clippers.....

djohn2oo8
Because like Fredo, he has no idea what the hell he's doing. :lol

Clipper Nation
07-10-2014, 09:28 PM
Without Jim Buss we're light 2 NBA Titles. Until you stipulate to that fact I won't discuss anything else in your post. No.

Those were Jerry and Ronnie's titles. Ipso facto:::without Fredo, you're not light any NBA Titles.

Kool Bob Love
07-10-2014, 09:28 PM
I'm neither a stan nor a "jockstrap carrier" regardless, but trust me, I'd never be a Kirbystan even if he did go to the Clippers.....

I believe you brah.

Splits
07-10-2014, 09:29 PM

Romo was taking snaps at the 20, wanted to do Jerry a solid.

RD2191
07-10-2014, 09:30 PM
Romo was taking snaps at the 20, wanted to do Jerry a solid.
:lmao

Killakobe81
07-10-2014, 09:31 PM

Firing Ronnie and going cheap and reducing the scouting staff during the lockout was the only crimes, along with overpaying in picks for Nash. Everyone thought Brown was Pop's best assistant. And would fix our defense. Pringles was brought in for offense. Getting Dwight and Nash almost getting Paul were all good moves.

Clipper Nation
07-10-2014, 09:36 PM
Firing Ronnie and going cheap and reducing the scouting staff during the lockout was the only crimes, along with overpaying in picks for Nash.
Fredo's tenure has been such a disaster that I forgot to include the Nash trade :wow

Everyone thought Brown was Pop's best assistant.
Huh? By the time the Lakers hired him, he was already a proven moron in Cleveland.... it had been well-known for years that Budenholzer was Pop's best assistant anyway....

Getting Dwight and Nash almost getting Paul were all good moves.
Getting Nash was not a good move at all, he was already in "collecting dem checks" mode and being propped up by the Suns' medical staff and the Lakers traded a bunch of picks for him.... trading for a disgruntled Dwight was a major risk that blew up in the Lakers' faces and didn't deliver any success, so can't really say that was a good move either.... as for Choke Paul, "almost" doesn't mean shit....

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-10-2014, 09:41 PM
"She's more popular than you here."

"Trying to recruit her"

"Carmelo has no say-so"

Well ok then let me just grab my nutsack off the floor and make the move.

Real smooth talk Lakers. :lol

Worthy was like, "Kobe will teach you how to be champion, but I will teach you how to be a man and control your bitch."

spurraider21
07-10-2014, 10:07 PM
maybe because the guy who jumped off wasn't the driver :lol. watch closely

DJR210
07-10-2014, 10:26 PM

If anyone knows about cosplay, it's you Naruto.

DJR210
07-10-2014, 10:28 PM
Goddamn it Fredo.

This is fucking awesome. Reminds me of the ambulance in Madden 92'