PDA

View Full Version : Unless okc does something major

Horse
07-11-2014, 09:16 AM
Is any of this free agency bs bringing any team closer to our Spurs. In other words we're gonna repeat so who gives a shit where Lebron goes.

Genjuro
07-11-2014, 09:18 AM
Is any of this free agency bs bringing any team closer to our Spurs. In other words we're gonna repeat so who gives a shit where Lebron goes.

OKC with a healthy Ibaka is no piece of cake.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-11-2014, 09:23 AM
OKC with a healthy Ibaka is no piece of cake.

OKC as is is still a tough cookie for the Spurs to crack. To me, they are the only team standing in the way of the Spurs repeating. This is kinda of why I would love to see the Spurs get Gasol, who can hit the 18-20 ft jumper consistently and draw Ibaka out of the paint on defense.

Diaw did a great job this year, but it doesn't hurt to have some extra ammunition in stock.

100%duncan
07-11-2014, 09:24 AM
Never under-estimate food stamps. I expected better from a donut lover tbh.

Spurs 4 The Win
07-11-2014, 09:25 AM
We are not gonna run through OKC and it will be a dogfight even if we are 100% healthy. Homecourt advantage is a must. Hopefully we can get it, I think the thunder will be on a mission this year to get it. Also, Clippers could do us a solid and take them out for us.

DesignatedT
07-11-2014, 09:26 AM
Same song and dance for last 7 years. Spurs are healthy = Spurs have as good a chance as anyone. Spurs are not healthy = Odds dip considerably.

Jimcs50
07-11-2014, 09:31 AM
Next year, it will be Durrants turn to get injured in playoffs.

:p:

tlongII
07-11-2014, 10:09 AM
No way the Spurs repeat. You're already accumulating injuries. And an already old team will be another year older. Not gonna happen.

Crux
07-11-2014, 10:13 AM
OKC still has brooks, westbrook and no playbook right? Not so worried at the end of the day.

Old School 44
07-11-2014, 10:17 AM
With the conference so strong, I think the key is to get the number one seed. Not that Spurs are ducking anyone, but it was nice not having to play either the Clips or the Rockets in last years playoffs. OKC had to go through 7, 3, 1 seeds to get to the finals, where the Spurs had to go through 8, 5, 2. Even though they had a tough Mavs series, I'll take that path any time.

SupremeGuy
07-11-2014, 10:17 AM
No way the Spurs repeat. You're already accumulating injuries. And an already old team will be another year older. Not gonna happen.Look at this faggot. :lol

tmtcsc
07-11-2014, 10:21 AM
No way the Spurs repeat. You're already accumulating injuries. And an already old team will be another year older. Not gonna happen.

:lol Still salty after that ass whooping. Keep dreaming. Two of the oldest teams in the league just played for the title and both got there without too much trouble. That 7 game Dallas series was cute for all the fans. There would have been no drama in the Spurs' playoff run without it.

spursparker9
07-11-2014, 10:22 AM
So far OKC only manage to get Telfair right?

tlongII
07-11-2014, 10:27 AM
How's Patty's recovery from shoulder surgery going? And how about Ginobili's leg fracture? :lol

Crux
07-11-2014, 10:34 AM
How's Patty's recovery from shoulder surgery going? And how about Ginobili's leg fracture? :lol

going great, its the off season.

How'd all those injuries before ASB last year go for us, outcome was.. oh wait..

Old School 44
07-11-2014, 10:35 AM

Just fine, I hear they are convalescing with Greg Oden, Brandon Roy and Sam Bowie! :lol

100%duncan

awwee tlong's back :( I was happy when u were rooting for us

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs

How is the Blazer's bench. Oh it does matter if their injured or not b/c they do jack shit anyways.

Fpoonsie
07-11-2014, 10:44 AM
lol @ faggot OP.

Even the team that took SA to the brink last year got considerably stronger. OKC is far from the only concern.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-11-2014, 11:01 AM
lol @ faggot OP.

Even the team that took SA to the brink last year got considerably stronger. OKC is far from the only concern.

I hold my reserve on this one b/c what gave the Spurs the most trouble was the 3 man rotation of Harris, Calderon and Ellis and Calderon was shooting lights out in that series. Felton is a lazy defender and not the shooter Calderon is. Career 48% to 41% 2p FG and 41% to 31% career 3pt shooter. And a career 4 to 1 Asst to TO as opposed to 2.5 to 1.

Mavs took a downgrade in the guard dept but a upgrade in the front court department which made the trade a wash imo.

If the Mavs land Parson, then that would be a different story.

FromWayDowntown
07-11-2014, 11:25 AM
With James now heading back to Cleveland, Bosh seems likely to end up in Houston. If they match Parsons, they could be better than they were last year.

Fpoonsie
07-11-2014, 11:28 AM
If the Mavs land Parson, then that would be a different story.

I guess I'm making that claim provided that signing comes to fruition.

KL2
07-11-2014, 11:43 AM
OKC are a bunch of fucking scrubs, they'll never win a title but they'll always be contenders regardless of who they have around the NBA's two manufactured superstars, KD and WB. They'll only go as far as the refs will carry them.

Captivus
07-11-2014, 12:02 PM
With James now heading back to Cleveland, Bosh seems likely to end up in Houston. If they match Parsons, they could be better than they were last year.

TVI
07-11-2014, 12:16 PM
Par for the course with the Spurs. They rely on depth so that one injury doesn't destroy the whole team.

-21-
07-11-2014, 12:19 PM
Almost all the playoff teams in the West are getting better. Next year looks like a much tougher road imo.

Horse
07-11-2014, 12:24 PM
lol @ faggot OP.

Fuck you cocksucker. Once we figured them out it was over. It was a matter of taking them seriously that's it. And the only reason it took so long was cause we beat them 10 straight.

Horse
07-11-2014, 12:26 PM

Injury is the only way we don't. Truthfully the playoffs were not even close. Once the Spurs made their mind up series over. Now hopefully they will be fueled by the possibility of this being Timmys last season.

SnakeBoy
07-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Just heard on sportscenter that Cleveland is now thefavorite to ring...3:1 odds with the Spurs and OKC at 4:1.

tmtcsc
07-11-2014, 12:41 PM
Almost all the playoff teams in the West are getting better. Next year looks like a much tougher road imo.

Who got tougher? Houston? They are hoping to sign a very weak 7 footer who likes to chuck up 3's. Dallas? By pinning their hopes on a Center they never should have let walk a few years back? Yeah.....he's not the same player he used to be. OKC? By getting Telfair? :lol..

The Clippers? Memphis? What did they do?

Cleveland just got better and the Spurs will be as tough as ever.

slick'81
07-11-2014, 12:44 PM
Lol faggot blazer fan

tlongII
07-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Who got tougher? Houston? They are hoping to sign a very weak 7 footer who likes to chuck up 3's. Dallas? By pinning their hopes on a Center they never should have let walk a few years back? Yeah.....he's not the same player he used to be. OKC? By getting Telfair? :lol..

The Blazers got better. We added depth which was our biggest issue. Also our young guys will be better with another year of experience.

TheGoldStandard
07-11-2014, 12:50 PM
The Blazers got better. We added depth which was our biggest issue. Also our young guys will be better with another year of experience.

Aldridge has one foot out the door

slick'81
07-11-2014, 12:50 PM
Lol blazer depth

tlongII
07-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Lol spurs already breaking down

RD2191
07-11-2014, 12:56 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnzvzgFmLGQ

slick'81
07-11-2014, 12:57 PM
Okc will still be a challenge for sa next season

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-11-2014, 12:59 PM

Signed Blake, lost Mo Williams. I guess that's better.

tmtcsc
07-11-2014, 02:36 PM
That ship has sailed. The final step was to get over the mental edge OKC gained after 2012. They don't have the bench or discipline to beat us in a 7 game series.

tmtcsc
07-11-2014, 02:41 PM

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/286880iD62EAC63C203F5BB/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

myhc
07-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Healthy, I like our chances against anyone. Having said that, if Kawhi doesn't make that crazy steal from Westbrook at the end of game 6, we likely go to a game 7 with a tired Duncan/Manu and who know what would have happened in that scenario. I'm not scared of the Thunder but I would not underestimate them and they are clearly the biggest roadblock to our chances of repeating.

TampaDude
07-11-2014, 02:48 PM

The only thing the Spurs are breaking down is every other NBA team's chances of winning the title.

2015 BACK2BACK!!!

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

-21-
07-11-2014, 03:30 PM

Bosh is better than Terrence Jones. Clippers added Spencer Hawes which is an upgrade from Antawn Jamison/Byron Mullens/Glen Davis. Blazers added Kaman and Blake. Maybe Kerr can further improve the Warriors. Not sure about Dallas with Felton/Harris as PGs and possibly losing Marion/Carter but they've still got Rick Carlisle. OKC is still a difficult match-up for the Spurs, they always have been.

Look, I'm not saying these are blockbuster moves, but they are still improvements no matter how small. The Spurs stayed relatively healthy and played their best basketball at the right time to win the championship. Now they are gonna be a year older and while that gives room for improvement, it also leaves plenty of room to decline. I like our chances of repeating but saying it's gonna be easy is being ignorant.

therealtruth
07-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Healthy, I like our chances against anyone. Having said that, if Kawhi doesn't make that crazy steal from Westbrook at the end of game 6, we likely go to a game 7 with a tired Duncan/Manu and who know what would have happened in that scenario. I'm not scared of the Thunder but I would not underestimate them and they are clearly the biggest roadblock to our chances of repeating.

We also didn't have TP for the second half.

G-Dawgg
07-11-2014, 07:08 PM
OKC is deadly, Ibaka is a beast. I'm honestly not 100% convinced that we would have won #5 if Ibaka was healthy for the whole series.. They'll be ready for us next year.

Josh810
07-11-2014, 07:10 PM
The Blazers got better. We added depth which was our biggest issue. Also our young guys will be better with another year of experience.Lmfao.

Mikeanaro
07-11-2014, 07:23 PM
I liked more the Spurs friendly Tlong but now he´s back to his TSchlong form. :makemyday

Horry Hipcheck
07-11-2014, 11:19 PM
Portland will catch fire early and fizzle again. Everyone's a year more experienced but unless they triple their depth chart and learn to use rotations they're one-and-done. Not even McHale will be able to bail Portland out a second time. The Rockets lost out on Bosh AND coughed up Parsons, so unless they make another move I expect more of the same from them. Dallas will be a resurgent threat and should give the Spurs a run for the division, but they'll likely avoid one another in the postseason until the semis or conference finals this time around.

OKC is always a pest, and they'll be motivated if they get SA again, but I think last season was a huge turning point in the rivalry. A lot of the Spurs woes were either athletic or mental, and once they got over the mental blocks their ball movement and crisp play exposed OKC's general lack of depth. Jackson and Thabo won't shit the bed again, I'd imagine, so the West looks to be a three horse race between SA, OKC, and Dallas. Cleveland will enter the history books for one of those historic single season turnarounds, and with Bosh staying in Miami the East playoffs will be a little more competitive.

Staying healthy and getting a big second season out of Marco should give the Spurs a solid chance at their fourth consecutive (!) conference finals appearance, if not third consecutive (!) Finals appearance.

Josh810
07-11-2014, 11:26 PM
I liked more the Spurs friendly Tlong but now he´s back to his TSchlong form. :makemyday
The TLong pattern is basically like this:

364 days out of the year: Talks shit about the Spurs and posts non-stop articles about Portland peaking in November/December, Lillard hitting a meaningless gamewinner etc...denies the inevitable fact that Portland will find a way to fuck up once again

1 day out of the year: Shows class when San Antonio makes it further than Portland due to chokejob/horrible injury/etc...

Next day: Repeat faggotry

Mikeanaro
07-12-2014, 01:56 AM
The TLong pattern is basically like this:

364 days out of the year: Talks shit about the Spurs and posts non-stop articles about Portland peaking in November/December, Lillard hitting a meaningless gamewinner etc...denies the inevitable fact that Portland will find a way to fuck up once again

1 day out of the year: Shows class when San Antonio makes it further than Portland due to chokejob/horrible injury/etc...

Next day: Repeat faggotry
Lol great analysis.