PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Aftermath of The Decision Part II

Seventyniner
07-11-2014, 11:49 AM
So now it's assumed that Bosh will go to Houston, Ray Allen to Cleveland, etc.

But what if the Heat turn around and offer Bosh a full 5-year max? This would beat Houston's offer because it has that (huge) 5th year salary that Bosh probably can't touch in free agency 4 years from now and includes 7.5% raises compared to the 4.5% Houston can offer.

Ray Allen could choose to coattail elsewhere but isn't about the money so he's probably going to Cleveland no matter what.

And what do the Heat do with Wade? Offer him $40M over 2 years as a make-good deal?

baseline bum
07-11-2014, 11:55 AM
Miami will max Wade out for four years I'm guessing, and then Riley makes that same offer to Anthony.

Chinook
07-11-2014, 11:56 AM
So now it's assumed that Bosh will go to Houston, Ray Allen to Cleveland, etc.

But what if the Heat turn around and offer Bosh a full 5-year max? This would beat Houston's offer because it has that (huge) 5th year salary that Bosh probably can't touch in free agency 4 years from now and includes 7.5% raises compared to the 4.5% Houston can offer.

Ray Allen could choose to coattail elsewhere but isn't about the money so he's probably going to Cleveland no matter what.

And what do the Heat do with Wade? Offer him $40M over 2 years as a make-good deal?

I just posted about Bosh in another thread. I think the Heat can put together a decent team by East standards. They should now have a good deal of cap space to work with.

James messed them over by waiting so long, though. There were some players they could have pursued.

Seventyniner
07-11-2014, 12:02 PM
I just posted about Bosh in another thread. I think the Heat can put together a decent team by East standards. They should now have a good deal of cap space to work with.

James messed them over by waiting so long, though. There were some players they could have pursued.

I figured this would be a good place to discuss other free agent moves rather than in all the LeBron threads.

I think it all comes down to how much Wade wants. He's technically a free agent so the Heat could lowball him, but they won't stoop that low and need all the fan support they can get now that they're not a contender anymore.

dbreiden83080
07-11-2014, 12:03 PM
Miami will max Wade out for four years I'm guessing, and then Riley makes that same offer to Anthony.

Max Wade out???? Talk about flushing it down the toilet..

Chinook
07-11-2014, 12:13 PM
Both Bosh and Wade can get no-trade clauses if they re-up. That probably matters some.

The thing is, provided Bosh stays. The Heat shouldn't just sit on their cap space. They won't have a clean plate again for years, and without any FAs on the horizon, it's time to make the best of what you have.

Twisted_Dawg
07-11-2014, 12:16 PM

Circa Cleveland 2010